Page 334 of 473 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344384434 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 4725

Thread: FK Readers CLUB

these thirakkatha books we can buy from shops original screenplays aano? as the writer wrote it before making the movie?

enikku thonnunnathu vere aaro padam kandittu scene by scene vivarikkunnathanu....writer-inte original vakkukal alla.
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

GABO is no more..

malayalam patrathil bayangara news aanu.. national medias cheriya coverage maatrame ulloo

Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    GABO is no more..

malayalam patrathil bayangara news aanu.. national medias cheriya coverage maatrame ulloo
    south american legends like Gabo and Neruda have a huge fan following in Kerala. especially among the 70's youth. the times when the emergency and hippie culture floundered over here. they had their own Marquez in OV Vijayan and Neruda in Chullikaadu. maybe the banana plantations and tapioca culture of the south americans found a resonance in kerala.

NS Madhavan made a good observation. malayalees could identify with Gabo characters because, just like the alchemist in '100 years of Solitude' resorted to foolish make-easy-money schemes like ice factory and alchemy, malayalees have always been tried out their hands in goat farms and vanilla agriculture.

@jordan

bhai, have you seen any of the movie adaptaions of Marquez? i have seen 'Love in the Time of Cholera' and 'The Autumn of the Patriarch' and have to say, was disappointed by both.

Quote Originally Posted by firecrown View Post
    these thirakkatha books we can buy from shops original screenplays aano? as the writer wrote it before making the movie?

enikku thonnunnathu vere aaro padam kandittu scene by scene vivarikkunnathanu....writer-inte original vakkukal alla.
    i am of the opinion, that the screenplays are written by ghostwriters with the movies playing in front of them. there might be writers like MT and Padmarajan who complete the script before shooting but even then the published scripts of their movies are too detailed which raises the question, whether those writers had been so specific. Adoor Gopalakrishnan's 11 scripts were published recently and all of them detailed to the extent of where the camera is kept and what sort of a shot (low, medium,high) was used.

but, one published screenplay which baffled me was 'Amaram' by Lohithadas. in the intro, Mathrubhumi books have claimed that it was the original one written by Lohi. the movie starts off with Mamukka's character coming out of jail after having served a term for having murdered his son-in-law. he goes back to the village and then the flashback unfolds. if you have seen the movie, you must be aware that the movie does not start like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    south american legends like Gabo and Neruda have a huge fan following in Kerala. especially among the 70's youth. the times when the emergency and hippie culture floundered over here. they had their own Marquez in OV Vijayan and Neruda in Chullikaadu. maybe the banana plantations and tapioca culture of the south americans found a resonance in kerala.

NS Madhavan made a good observation. malayalees could identify with Gabo characters because, just like the alchemist in '100 years of Solitude' resorted to foolish make-easy-money schemes like ice factory and alchemy, malayalees have always been tried out their hands in goat farms and vanilla agriculture.
    yes, nammude intelligentiayude oru bhaagam aayrnnu evar ennath satyam aanu..

thachante favorite marquez work ethaanu..

@jordan

bhai, have you seen any of the movie adaptaions of Marquez? i have seen 'Love in the Time of Cholera' and 'The Autumn of the Patriarch' and have to say, was disappointed by both.
    illa.. Kandillaa .. mosham reviews alle ella padathinum ..

love in time of cholera kandal kollam ennund.. bookil parannirikkunna places engane screenil vannu ennu kandaal kollam ennund..

i am of the opinion, that the screenplays are written by ghostwriters with the movies playing in front of them. there might be writers like MT and Padmarajan who complete the script before shooting but even then the published scripts of their movies are too detailed which raises the question, whether those writers had been so specific. Adoor Gopalakrishnan's 11 scripts were published recently and all of them detailed to the extent of where the camera is kept and what sort of a shot (low, medium,high) was used.

but, one published screenplay which baffled me was 'Amaram' by Lohithadas. in the intro, Mathrubhumi books have claimed that it was the original one written by Lohi. the movie starts off with Mamukka's character coming out of jail after having served a term for having murdered his son-in-law. he goes back to the village and then the flashback unfolds. if you have seen the movie, you must be aware that the movie does not start like this.
    Amaram angane aano ezuhtiyath,. bharathan kayari kathi vechu kaanum ..

btw lohiyude screenplays change cheyyan anger vidilla ennokke alle saadarana ellavarum parayuga

yes, nammude intelligentiayude oru bhaagam aayrnnu evar ennath satyam aanu..

thachante favorite marquez work ethaanu..
    definitely '100 Years of Solitude'. Macondo and the Buendia family are a revelation. fact is it took me a long time and i even had to draw a chronological map to maintain a grasp over the characters. later versions of the book had the family tree on the second page. should have stated with that. would have saved me a lot of time. it was 'solitude' that made me love books like 'Khasak' and 'God of Small Things'. magical realism is my favourite haunt. then of course 'Leaf Storm' which i think had a definitive style of narration. i liked 'Chronicle of a Death Foretold' and 'Cholera'. the only one i could't digest was his unmagical works, 'Patriarch', 'Labyrinth' and 'Colonel', maybe the dictator stuff was beyond my maturity.

illa.. Kandillaa .. mosham reviews alle ella padathinum ..

love in time of cholera kandal kollam ennund.. bookil parannirikkunna places engane screenil vannu ennu kandaal kollam ennund..
    shoddily shot. even javier bardem couldn't save it. including Shakira for a song is an indication of what the makers were upto!

Amaram angane aano ezuhtiyath,. bharathan kayari kathi vechu kaanum ..

btw lohiyude screenplays change cheyyan anger vidilla ennokke alle saadarana ellavarum parayuga
    yep. Raghavan dies in sea and Achooty accepts the responsibility. he goes to jail. after his release, he meets up with Pillaichan (Balan K. Nair) at the beach and the story goes into flashback. notwithstanding the tragedy of those scenes, it seemed to me like, it would have been lengthy and unwanted. wouldn't have made a difference. Lohi has a penchant for bordering to unwanted tragic sequences. bharathan might have had a talk.

10. Likes jordan liked this post

@ thachan

Amaram vere oru reethyil eppol consider cheyyan polum pattunilla.. filmy ending touching aayrnnuu.. mukkuvanu swantham ennu parayan kadal maatrame ulloo enna oru pointil padam nirthiyath kond aa padathil kadal vere oru character aayi maattan kazhinnu .