Page 440 of 473 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 4725

Thread: FK Readers CLUB

കാമാഖ്യ. മോഹം, കാമം, ഇച്ഛ എന്നിവയുടെ താന്ത്രിക ദേവി ആണ് കാമാഖ്യ. അസ്സമിൽ ഈ ദേവതയുടെ പേരിലുള്ള ക്ഷേത്രത്തിന്റെ പേര് കാമാഖ്യ ക്ഷേത്രം എന്നാണ്. ഈ ക്ഷേത്രം പണിയുവാൻ കാരണം മല്ലനാഗൻ ആണ്. മല്ലനാഗന്റെ കഥ തുടങ്ങുന്നത് ഗംഗയുടെ തീരത്തു ജനിച്ചതിൽ നിന്നാണ്, പിന്നെ അദ്ദേഹം ഹിമാലയത്തിൽ ഗൗതമമുനിയാൽ ദീക്ഷ സ്വീകരിച്ചു, തുടർന്നു വാത്സ്യായനൻ എന്ന സന്ന്യാസ പേരിൽ അറിയപ്പെട്ടു, പിൽക്കാലത്തു കാമസൂത്ര രചിക്കുകയും ചെയ്തു. കാമം എന്നത് ശാരീരികം മാത്രമല്ല, മാനസികവും ആണെന്നും, രതി അനുഭവിക്കുന്ന കലകളാണ് വായന, സംഗീതം, ചിത്രരചന, കൃഷി എന്നിവയെന്നും, ഇവയുടെ മന്ത്രങ്ങൾ കുറിച്ചും, ക്ഷേത്രത്തിന്റെ ശിൽപ സൗന്ദര്യത്തെക്കുറിച്ചും ഒക്കെ കഥയിൽ പറഞ്ഞുപോകുന്നു. കാമത്തിന്റെ പല ആവശ്യങ്ങളെയും അവസ്ഥകളെയും വിവരിച്ചുകൊണ്ട് വാത്സ്യായനൻ താരാ രാഞ്ജിക്കു പറയുന്ന 40 കഥകളും അടങ്ങിയിട്ടുണ്ട്.

completed some classics once again:
    1. A Spoke in the Wheel - Amita Kanekar
    2. The Last Temptation - Nikos Kazantzakis
    3. The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand
    4. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Robert Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    completed some classics once again:
    1. A Spoke in the Wheel - Amita Kanekar
    2. The Last Temptation - Nikos Kazantzakis
    3. The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand
    4. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Robert Pirsig
    good list, fountainhead is bit overrated but more practical or materialistic comparing other titles

Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    good list, fountainhead is bit overrated but more practical or materialistic comparing other titles
    will have to disagree to that. have come across lot of views over the net claiming it be over-rated. i must be reading it for the 8th or 9th time. first read it when i was 16 and frankly, didn't mean jackshit to me back then. but then later years having traveled a bit and met a lot of vivid and interesting and confused people, i am able to bracket them under the different characters in this novel. so for me, it is one of the best man-loving books out there. for me, the theme of objectivism is why everyone should pack their bags and set out on their private journeys.

will have to disagree to that. have come across lot of views over the net claiming it be over-rated. i must be reading it for the 8th or 9th time. first read it when i was 16 and frankly, didn't mean jackshit to me back then. but then later years having traveled a bit and met a lot of vivid and interesting and confused people, i am able to bracket them under the different characters in this novel. so for me, it is one of the best man-loving books out there. for me, the theme of objectivism is why everyone should pack their bags and set out on their private journeys.
    Look it in a wide perspective , whats the outlook of a modern man in each era .. 18th century it was adventure, 19th its science and 20th its industrial age or technology and 21st .....

ayn rand my pick is the virtue of selfishness and her objectivism sells coz it focus on the industrial age and mind of people.. its timely and will eventually fades once a new collective consciousness overtake men..

Look it in a wide perspective , whats the outlook of a modern man in each era .. 18th century it was adventure, 19th its science and 20th its industrial age or technology and 21st .....

ayn rand my pick is the virtue of selfishness and her objectivism sells coz it focus on the industrial age and mind of people.. its timely and will eventually fades once a new collective consciousness overtake men..
    Objectivism is strong because it is selfish by nature.

Objectivism is strong because it is selfish by nature.
    Athu philosophy ennu vilikunath thanne oru poraymaya aanu .. athu oru bushido pole ulla oru set of code aanu ..

Athu philosophy ennu vilikunath thanne oru poraymaya aanu .. athu oru bushido pole ulla oru set of code aanu ..
    how can objectivism be a set of code if each can interpret it to his own understanding... there are no strict laws like any isms... reason is the absolute, productive achievement should be the objective and for that ones's own happiness should be selfish by nature... this can be understood on many levels...

how can objectivism be a set of code if each can interpret it to his own understanding... there are no strict laws like any isms... reason is the absolute, productive achievement should be the objective and for that ones's own happiness should be selfish by nature... this can be understood on many levels...
    personal well beinginte appuram athil enthelum undo illa ennthaanu oru kaaryam.. .

personal well beinginte appuram athil enthelum undo illa ennthaanu oru kaaryam.. .
    didn't find any need to... the whole point of the work is about finding the ultimate concept for each person...