Page 446 of 448 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448 LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 4475

Thread: FK Readers CLUB

  1. #4451

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    Aristotle reintepret cheyyapetta aal aayirnnu down untill kant .. athrayum long lasting influence vere aarkum undayittum undavila .. athu pole christian and muslim philosophy athu philosophy plato,neoplatonism (artistole influnce), moral side stoic,jews ennokke parayum aayirnnu.. eastern influence nammal parayuntinu pakaram pazhe orphism aayittanu mikkavarum ivare relate aakunath..
    i think the advantage for aristotle was that, he existed before the world bowed down to religion to answer questions. his 'compromising' philosophy in terms of the concept of mind-body dualism (which was stark contrast to plato), the goodness inherent in humans (christian thinkers replaced the same goodness with god), the quest for eudaimonia as the essence of living, not believing our sense perceptions of the world to be the ultimate reality - all these were groundbreaking concepts. when mathematics started providing proofs for theories and science developed new knowledge about subjects that till then were taken up by philosophers, the philosophers were desperate to show their own importance which led to descartes and following radical and empirical philosophers to go after theories regarding the 'source of knowledge'. indian philosophy never took up the subject which might be why our philosophers lagged behind in a race in which they were initially in the lead.
    അന്നേക്കും ഇന്നേക്കും അവസാനം ശ്വാസം വരേക്കും വാമോസ് അർജന്റീന

  2. #4452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    i think the advantage for aristotle was that, he existed before the world bowed down to religion to answer questions. his 'compromising' philosophy in terms of the concept of mind-body dualism (which was stark contrast to plato), the goodness inherent in humans (christian thinkers replaced the same goodness with god), the quest for eudaimonia as the essence of living, not believing our sense perceptions of the world to be the ultimate reality - all these were groundbreaking concepts. when mathematics started providing proofs for theories and science developed new knowledge about subjects that till then were taken up by philosophers, the philosophers were desperate to show their own importance which led to descartes and following radical and empirical philosophers to go after theories regarding the 'source of knowledge'. indian philosophy never took up the subject which might be why our philosophers lagged behind in a race in which they were initially in the lead.
    Aristostle kai vekkatha sangathi kuravayrinnu.. angerude arguments ellaam side note ezhuthathe follow cheyyan pattila .. oru paadu categorization undagum athu biology pole ulla subjectsum ippozhum follow cheyunth..

    angerude moral philosophy like happiness atra influencial allayirnnu, athu elitinte philosphy aayirnnu . innu athu way out of line aayittum tonum .. anger equality pole ulla kaarynaglil onnum viswasichittum illa, women onnum angerude systethil oru rolulum illa .. pulli community conceptinte aal aayrinnu.. athu roussue,max pinneed maattiyum ezuthiyath..

  3. #4453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    Aristostle kai vekkatha sangathi kuravayrinnu.. angerude arguments ellaam side note ezhuthathe follow cheyyan pattila .. oru paadu categorization undagum athu biology pole ulla subjectsum ippozhum follow cheyunth.. angerude moral philosophy like happiness atra influencial allayirnnu, athu elitinte philosphy aayirnnu . innu athu way out of line aayittum tonum .. anger equality pole ulla kaarynaglil onnum viswasichittum illa, women onnum angerude systethil oru rolulum illa .. pulli community conceptinte aal aayrinnu.. athu roussue,max pinneed maattiyum ezuthiyath..
    political philosophy was something that was developed centuries after. on a strictly philosophical perspective, arsitotle's view of politics was that it was natural growth of the community. in his works there is no mention of political conflicts. so, his views on politics cannot be comprehended with our present views of democracy or political reasoning, as for his views on women, yes, he did claim them to be inferior but that is in terms of their characteristics of being stubborn, loving, jealous, cunning when compared with men. on the other hand, aristitotle did have a good opinion of women who could place themselves above these. i think that is just an extension of aristotle developing on plato concepts. plato envisaged a society where men and women could be considered equal as both are equipped to develop rational thoughts. aristotle developed on this by dwelling into the characteristics of different women.
    അന്നേക്കും ഇന്നേക്കും അവസാനം ശ്വാസം വരേക്കും വാമോസ് അർജന്റീന

  4. #4454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    political philosophy was something that was developed centuries after. on a strictly philosophical perspective, arsitotle's view of politics was that it was natural growth of the community. in his works there is no mention of political conflicts. so, his views on politics cannot be comprehended with our present views of democracy or political reasoning, as for his views on women, yes, he did claim them to be inferior but that is in terms of their characteristics of being stubborn, loving, jealous, cunning when compared with men. on the other hand, aristitotle did have a good opinion of women who could place themselves above these. i think that is just an extension of aristotle developing on plato concepts. plato envisaged a society where men and women could be considered equal as both are equipped to develop rational thoughts. aristotle developed on this by dwelling into the characteristics of different women.

    aristotle plato extention ennu parayunthinod pakuthi yojikaam..kaaranm plato kure koodi idealist or utopian aanu . .aristostle realistum, observable aayittulla kaaryathil okke viswasikunna aalum ..

    randu perudeyum political philosphy monarchy or aristocracy aanu favor cheyyunth.. avar youjikkuanth randu perum democracyye diswone cheyithavr aayirnnu .. ennalum plato ella classinodum neethi pularatharund.. justice ennath anger valiya factor aayittum kaanum.. aristotle paryuga oru gentlemane produce cheyyuga ennathaanu oru ideal statinte uddesham enna oru line aanu ..

    enik kure koodi timely aayittu toniyath ivarekaalum pericles pole ulla aalkaar aanu .. angerude kaalath aayirnnu aa desham pacha pidichu vannathum ...sadarana aalkar govtementil particiapate cheyyenda kaaryam pulli aanu aadyam parayunth .. ithu socrates adakkam ellavarum talli paryunna kaaryavum aayirnnu .

  5. #4455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    aristotle plato extention ennu parayunthinod pakuthi yojikaam..kaaranm plato kure koodi idealist or utopian aanu . .aristostle realistum, observable aayittulla kaaryathil okke viswasikunna aalum .. randu perudeyum political philosphy monarchy or aristocracy aanu favor cheyyunth.. avar youjikkuanth randu perum democracyye diswone cheyithavr aayirnnu .. ennalum plato ella classinodum neethi pularatharund.. justice ennath anger valiya factor aayittum kaanum.. aristotle paryuga oru gentlemane produce cheyyuga ennathaanu oru ideal statinte uddesham enna oru line aanu .. enik kure koodi timely aayittu toniyath ivarekaalum pericles pole ulla aalkaar aanu .. angerude kaalath aayirnnu aa desham pacha pidichu vannathum ...sadarana aalkar govtementil particiapate cheyyenda kaaryam pulli aanu aadyam parayunth .. ithu socrates adakkam ellavarum talli paryunna kaaryavum aayirnnu .
    socrates' view of democracy is something like this. not elitist but would seem out of line in light of recent historical events. socrates believed that democracy is a wrong process because it involved the voting decision of people who would make a choice not out of any rational well-educated reasoning but because they would be easily manipulated by the false promises provided. his example of ship at sea to validate his claim is interesting. voters should be educated about their choices. but then, his solution to democracy is that, people who think they are well-equipped to rule should just take over the affairs, which in recent historical events would turn out to be the rule of despots like hitler, stalin, mubarak, gaddafi, hussein and indira gandhi (though she did grab power through democracy).
    അന്നേക്കും ഇന്നേക്കും അവസാനം ശ്വാസം വരേക്കും വാമോസ് അർജന്റീന

  6. #4456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    socrates' view of democracy is something like this. not elitist but would seem out of line in light of recent historical events. socrates believed that democracy is a wrong process because it involved the voting decision of people who would make a choice not out of any rational well-educated reasoning but because they would be easily manipulated by the false promises provided. his example of ship at sea to validate his claim is interesting. voters should be educated about their choices. but then, his solution to democracy is that, people who think they are well-equipped to rule should just take over the affairs, which in recent historical events would turn out to be the rule of despots like hitler, stalin, mubarak, gaddafi, hussein and indira gandhi (though she did grab power through democracy).
    democracy aano ideal ennath oru ongoing questions aanu.. pakshe nammuk avaialble aayittulla many forms of govtmentil orennam aanu ithu.. thanks to locke and roussue ..

    plato thante ideal rulere kurich paryaunth oru philosophical king ennayirnnu ..historyil angane example nokuvaanel marcus aurelium, mohammd, lenin or castro pole ulla aalkare koottaam.. ithinte oru vere oru side ennath marcus aurelius thante oro divasum talli neekunath politics thante beinginte affect aavaruth enna oru line aayirnnu ... its unbecoming for an ideal man to be a ruler ennath atinte oru corollary..

  7. #4457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    pericles
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    philosophical king
    there are many thinkers who consider pericles to be a philosophical king. but i have never found anything philosophical in him. maybe, he is so-called because he did play with the idea of mob philosophy. trump and modi have always seemed to be pericles for me. send out the notion that democracy involves everyone but then make sure only the ones who will stand favourable to you get the goods. pericles forced the greek nation state into the spartan war so that he could justify his position as the only brave leader of the people. some critics also say he did it to overcome the unpopularity that his ministers and generals had amongst the people due to embezzlement controversies and ill governance. in a way pericles was trying to take the greeks to the zenith of achievements but i find his methods dubious. he is the ruler that machiavelli would have been proud of. telling a lie or doing a crime or covering up them are not fallacies of a ruler if it is for the greater good of the people.
    അന്നേക്കും ഇന്നേക്കും അവസാനം ശ്വാസം വരേക്കും വാമോസ് അർജന്റീന

  8. #4458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    there are many thinkers who consider pericles to be a philosophical king. but i have never found anything philosophical in him. maybe, he is so-called because he did play with the idea of mob philosophy. trump and modi have always seemed to be pericles for me. send out the notion that democracy involves everyone but then make sure only the ones who will stand favourable to you get the goods. pericles forced the greek nation state into the spartan war so that he could justify his position as the only brave leader of the people. some critics also say he did it to overcome the unpopularity that his ministers and generals had amongst the people due to embezzlement controversies and ill governance. in a way pericles was trying to take the greeks to the zenith of achievements but i find his methods dubious. he is the ruler that machiavelli would have been proud of. telling a lie or doing a crime or covering up them are not fallacies of a ruler if it is for the greater good of the people.

    Pericles valre contradictory aayittulla figure aanu ippozhum.. platoude ideal king aayirikilla .. annudayirunavaril ninnum ver tirikunath , athenian spirit aalukalil elpikkan angerk saadichittund irresptive of class difference, koode contribution to arts,architecture and agriculture ellaam..

    pulli war monger aayrirunilla .. pulli expansion polum ethi aayirunnu .. spartans war declare cheyithappol anger paranath spartane supplye drain cheyyuga enatayikkanam oru stratregy ... ee stratergy aadyam workout aayirunnu , pinned plaguae varunnu frantic aaya athenians angerodulla viswasam nastapedunnu, pinned avar waril tolkukayum cheyyunuu ..

    pericles ver nilkunath oru early socialist enna oru elementil aayirnnu.. oru typical last man standing enna oru personality type.. ettavum taazhe tattil irangi avare mobilize cheyithu constructive aaya partheon pole ulla sangathikal cheyyuga, ella thinkersineyum promote cheyyuga, pinne theatre drama ella anger place cheyithittund..

  9. #4459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    Pericles valre contradictory aayittulla figure aanu ippozhum.. platoude ideal king aayirikilla .. annudayirunavaril ninnum ver tirikunath , athenian spirit aalukalil elpikkan angerk saadichittund irresptive of class difference, koode contribution to arts,architecture and agriculture ellaam.. pulli war monger aayrirunilla .. pulli expansion polum ethi aayirunnu .. spartans war declare cheyithappol anger paranath spartane supplye drain cheyyuga enatayikkanam oru stratregy ... ee stratergy aadyam workout aayirunnu , pinned plaguae varunnu frantic aaya athenians angerodulla viswasam nastapedunnu, pinned avar waril tolkukayum cheyyunuu .. pericles ver nilkunath oru early socialist enna oru elementil aayirnnu.. oru typical last man standing enna oru personality type.. ettavum taazhe tattil irangi avare mobilize cheyithu constructive aaya partheon pole ulla sangathikal cheyyuga, ella thinkersineyum promote cheyyuga, pinne theatre drama ella anger place cheyithittund..
    plato's idealism is not in the sense we give to that word today. plato's idealism is not about possessing the utmost virtuous qualities. his idealism was his theory of ideas that gave prominence to a person who did not rely on his senses to make opinions but could rationally think and form ideas (later called as form by aristotle, mind by descartes, monad by leibniz). plato's ideal person was someone who could hold his mind (soul) and matter (body) in different realms. in that sense, there could never be a 'ideal' king.
    അന്നേക്കും ഇന്നേക്കും അവസാനം ശ്വാസം വരേക്കും വാമോസ് അർജന്റീന

  10. #4460
    FK Citizen bhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    tripunithura
    Posts
    16,659

    Default

    ലോല എന്ന ചെറുകഥാസമാഹാരം വായിച്ചു. ഒരുപാട് വാഴ്ത്തപ്പെട്ട ലോലയെക്കാൾ തൃപ്തി നൽകിയത് മറ്റു ചെറുകഥകൾ ആണ്. ശൂർപ്പണഖ തന്നെയാകണം ഇതിലെ ഏറ്റവും മികച്ച കഥ. കൈകേയി, നക്ഷത്രദുഃഖം, പുലയനാർകോട്ട, പാതയിലെ കാറ്റുമൊക്കെ ആണ്ഇഷ്ടപ്പെട്ട മറ്റു കഥകൾ. തൃപ്തി നല്കാത്തവ - ദയ , വിചാരണ വിധി , തീത്താലി, വനിത, പ്രഹേളിക അങ്ങനെ ചിലത്. ആകെമൊത്തം വലിയ കുഴപ്പം തോന്നിയില്ല, ലോല അമിത പ്രതീക്ഷയോടെ വായിക്കാതിരുന്നാൽ പ്രണയകഥകൾ ഇഷ്ടപെടുന്നവർക്ക് നല്ലൊരു അനുഭവം ആയിരിക്കും. 18 പ്രണയകഥകൾ ഉണ്ട്




    വാങ്ക് എന്ന ചെറുകഥ വായിച്ചു. കഥാന്ത്യം മാത്രം തൃപ്തി നൽകി . ഉണ്ണി ആറിന്റെ ഇഷ്ടപ്പെട്ട ഒന്ന് ലീല മാത്രമായിരിക്കണം. അതും രണ്ടാമത്തെ വായനയിൽ. സങ്കടം ആണല്ലേ പ്രതി പൂവൻ കോഴി എന്ന ചിത്രമായത്. വാങ്ക് - പടത്തിന്റെ ട്രെയ്*ലർ മൊത്തിൽ ബോധിച്ചില്ല. അനശ്വര രാജൻ നന്നായിട്ടുണ്ട്.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •