Page 421 of 473 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 4725

Thread: FK Readers CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by ballu View Post
    T D Ramakrishnanu Vayalar award ...my fav among the current lot
    other than ittikora, rest of his works were average for me.
    even sugandhi for which he has now bagged the vayalar seemed out of place to me.
    which brings me back to ittikora which could be considered as a writer's desperate attempt to shock the audience anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    other than ittikora, rest of his works were average for me.
    even sugandhi for which he has now bagged the vayalar seemed out of place to me.
    which brings me back to ittikora which could be considered as a writer's desperate attempt to shock the audience anyhow.
    I like the pattern of his writing having a historical segment in parallel with a current story. Other than ittikora and sugandhi he has written only one book called Alpha. More like a short story with explicit content . I liked that as well.

Ittikora kidu work alle ...i was thinking of reading it again . Kora pannam ...historical link...i loved it .
    വിരഹത്തിൻ ചൂടേറ്റു വാടിക്കൊഴിഞ്ഞു നീ
    വിടപറയുന്നോരാ നാളിൽ
    നിറയുന്ന കണ്ണുനീര്തുള്ളിയിൽ സ്വപ്നങ്ങൾ
    ചിറകറ്റു വീഴുമാ നാളിൽ
    മൗനത്തിൽ മുങ്ങുമെൻ ഗദ്ഗദം മന്ത്രിക്കും
    മംഗളം നേരുന്നു തോഴീ

ORIGIN - Dan Brown

Robert Langdon is back. This time the setting is in Spain. Another one of his 24 hour adventures where, one of Langdon's first students, now a famous tech geek & well-known atheist, invites him & the whole world to a presentation of his at Bilbao's Guggenheim museum, a presentation that is set to startle the world. Just as he is about to, he gets killed on stage... and the cat starts to chase the mouse. Where did we come from? Where are we going? Short on fi(a)ction & heavy on fact, the plot is basically creation vs evolution. Religious Fundamentalism vs Scientific Enlightenment. Zeus & Prometheus were Greek gods who, over time became myths; will a time come when Yehovah & Brahma will turn out to be myths? recently, shashi tharoor had claimed the same, bible, bhagavad & quran should be considered only as myths. this might be brown's most philosophical work which explains the presence of Nietzsche, Blake, Gaudi, Churchill, artificial intelligence, the royal Spanish family & even a Suresh, wow! an Indian in a dan brown novel. Don't expect much of symbolism, puzzles, cryptograms in this one, this one is more of brown's journey into intellectualism.

Vampire academy theerthu. Started bloodlines

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Origin order cheyyano vendayo enna confusionil aanu

Quote Originally Posted by nidhikutty View Post
    Origin order cheyyano vendayo enna confusionil aanu

Ebook veno...?
    When truth is a fantasy, reality lies ..
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...

Quote Originally Posted by Naradhan View Post
    Ebook veno...?
    Undel mail chey

@baadshahmian

Lately, the fantasy-fiction genre is being bombarded with novels written by women for women. That's in itself is not bad. However, the situation turned quite drastic to justify intervention. Most of these novels are stereotypes, ie same shit, different toilet. (Be kind enough to note that I'm not saying there aren't any exceptions ... )

Almost all these novels have same or similar features: love triangle, betrayal by one closest, teenage heroine and some supernatural stuff like vampires, magic etc. Some of them even became movies like Twilight saga, Divergent series, Hunger Games, Vampire Academy .... to name a few...

Most bewildering thing about these books is that most of them are bestsellers ...

Fantasy was considered as the new frontier, when almost all other genre became redundant. There was nothing new to be discovered. All the ideas have already been tried and the creative-well was running dry. That's when the authors began to dip their toes in Fantasy realm. And it paid off !! Now these so-called-authors are clogging the way with yawn-inducing clones.
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...

Quote Originally Posted by nidhikutty View Post
    Undel mail chey

I'm thrown out of my account Email id tharoo .... I don't hav it anymore...
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...

Quote Originally Posted by Naradhan View Post
    @baadshahmian

Lately, the fantasy-fiction genre is being bombarded with novels written by women for women. That's in itself is not bad. However, the situation turned quite drastic to justify intervention. Most of these novels are stereotypes, ie same shit, different toilet. (Be kind enough to note that I'm not saying there aren't any exceptions ... )

Almost all these novels have same or similar features: love triangle, betrayal by one closest, teenage heroine and some supernatural stuff like vampires, magic etc. Some of them even became movies like Twilight saga, Divergent series, Hunger Games, Vampire Academy .... to name a few...

Most bewildering thing about these books is that most of them are bestsellers ...

Fantasy was considered as the new frontier, when almost all other genre became redundant. There was nothing new to be discovered. All the ideas have already been tried and the creative-well was running dry. That's when the authors began to dip their toes in Fantasy realm. And it paid off !! Now these so-called-authors are clogging the way with yawn-inducing clones.

ok... i will not like them... i am almost finished with jeffrey archer, federick forsyth, john grisham and david baldacci... dan brown i think i might have missed one or two... I need a new author... please suggest
    Uske Kathl par mein bhi chup tha meri baari ab aayi
    Mere Kathl par aap bhi chup ho Agla number AApka hein....