Page 441 of 473 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 4725

Thread: FK Readers CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    didn't find any need to... the whole point of the work is about finding the ultimate concept for each person...
    Ivide aanu problem , objectivisum pole pazhe stoicism, epicurenism ithu pole individualine base cheyihtayrunnu .. oru vyakthiye nanayi orient cheyitha thought centres aayriunnu..

athu individualinte place evide ennu koodi parayum.. objectivism nammude chila values ozhike baaki oru questionsum answer tarilla ..stocism or epicurenism philoshophy aagunath athu kondaanu objectivism ataanu poraymayum..

Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    Ivide aanu problem , objectivisum pole pazhe stoicism, epicurenism ithu pole individualine base cheyihtayrunnu .. oru vyakthiye nanayi orient cheyitha thought centres aayriunnu.. athu individualinte place evide ennu koodi parayum.. objectivism nammude chila values ozhike baaki oru questionsum answer tarilla ..stocism or epicurenism philoshophy aagunath athu kondaanu objectivism ataanu poraymayum..
    so what's wrong with objectivism being individualist? that was what ayn rand was aiming for from the first place... a reinterpretation of nietzsche's concept of Superman which is more of an epicurean concept for me ..

so what's wrong with objectivism being individualist? that was what ayn rand was aiming for from the first place... a reinterpretation of nietzsche's concept of Superman which is more of an epicurean concept for me ..
    Philosophy ennath exploration aanu to the unknown.. athu chodikkunth fundemental questions aaya who we are and why we are here ennanu.. ella enquiryum ultimately oru metaphysic elementil ethiyum cherum..

objectivism,utiilaritism , humanism ellam individualil maatram othungunu .. athu kond philosophy enna termil consider cheyyunath oru faithful aaya kaaryam aayittu tonunilla ..

Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    Philosophy ennath exploration aanu to the unknown.. athu chodikkunth fundemental questions aaya who we are and why we are here ennanu.. ella enquiryum ultimately oru metaphysic elementil ethiyum cherum.. objectivism,utiilaritism , humanism ellam individualil maatram othungunu .. athu kond philosophy enna termil consider cheyyunath oru faithful aaya kaaryam aayittu
    tonunilla ..
    i don't agree that it needs metaphysical elements for an idea to constitute a philosophy. maybe that's how you see it. i don't. for me, objectivism, utilitarianism, existentialism, idealism whatever it may be, all of them have a spiritual context to it and thats enough for me to consider them as philosophical.

i don't agree that it needs metaphysical elements for an idea to constitute a philosophy. maybe that's how you see it. i don't. for me, objectivism, utilitarianism, existentialism, idealism whatever it may be, all of them have a spiritual context to it and thats enough for me to consider them as philosophical.
    ningal nerathe paranna neitzeyude superman aayalum , platoyude utopia ayalum athu address cheyyunath oru individualine overcome cheyyal aanu... ayn randinte prashnam how an individual can himself or herself prosper in collective aanu ...

1. Soori Namboothirippad (Indulekha - O Chanthumenon)

2. Kaaliprabhavabhattan (Dharmaraaja), Chantrakaaran (Ramaraja Bahadoor) - CV Ramanpillai

3. Pappu (Odayil Ninnu - P Keshavdev)

4. Ikkoran (Naadan Premam - SK Pottekkadu)

5. Chembankunju (Chemmeen - Thakazhi)

Last edited by Perumthachan; 05-10-2020 at 12:16 PM.

I AM PILGRIM (2013) - Terry Hayes

Terry Hayes is the scriptwriter of Mad Max, Payback (both Mel Gibson), Vertical Limit, From Hell (Johnny Depp) and lots of television projects. this is his debut novel.

Our hero is an American boy raised by adopted parents, recruited by The Division, a secret section of the CIA that takes on double agents and financial frauds. 9/11 happens, our hero feels the war has changed to that of fighting terrorism, something which he is not trained or equipped for, so he leaves and goes into hiding with a new identity. He writes a book on forensic pathology which did not become a success but was used by a person to commit murders and escape with no evidences left. NYPD detective, a survivor of 9/11 happens to read the book and pulls him for an investigation into the murder of a woman in a NY roadside inn and finds a piece of paper, on which is written a phone number with area code of a village in Turkey.

Our villain is a Saudi boy who has to escape with family to Bahrain, raised by an imam, learns arms and ammunition in Pakistan, becomes a mujahideen, fights the Soviets in Afghan War, meets Osama, does not join al-Qaeda and goes his own way to punish the Saud ruling family for bowing to the Americans and for beheading his father in public . Getting a medical degree from Beirut, he reads about a NY Times Article about a Pentagon experiment revealing bio-terrorism as the next step after 9/11. From there, he studies the genome map of smallpox, injects himself with heavy doses of the vaccine and goes on to synthesise the virus for spreading an epidemic. He flies to the Hind Kush mountains in Afghanistan, kidnaps three hostages and conducts test on them. In between he makes two calls to a village in Turkey.

Our hero takes on the codename of Pilgrim. Our villain takes on the name of Saracen, both of which mean nomads but with different idealogies.
    A solid page turner of a thriller. Reading it during the times of covid-19 was extra thrilling. the book lays out how a single fundamentalist with a degree knowledge of medicine can infiltrate a whole nation miles away from where he is, all because globalization has made the world small and outsourcing is an open door for bio-terrorism.

i am a fan of Dan Brown, David Baldacci, John le Carre and Jeffrey Archer thriller books. this one can be placed alongside.
    Last edited by Perumthachan; 05-08-2020 at 10:35 AM.

kerala govt. has taken up project to protect the buddhist places in our state. from karunagapally to karumadi, they have picked three spots - bharanikaavu temple, krishnapuram palace and karumadikuttan mandapam. plans are also in place to restore buddhist literary works.
    Last edited by Perumthachan; 05-08-2020 at 10:35 AM.

striking are the similarities between Terry Hayes' 'I Am Pilgrim' published in 2013 and Bhadran's 'Olympian Anthony Adam' released in 1999. Anthony is an IPS officer who goes undercover as physical trainer at a school in Ooty. Pilgrim is a CIA agent who goes undercover as an FBI agent working on a homicide in Turkey. The villain for Anthony is a terrorist who plans to poison the city water supply. The villain for Pilgrim is a terrorist who plans to release a second wave of smallpox in America. The heroine for Anthony is a teacher with a troubled past. The lead female in Pilgrim's tale is a Turkish police officer with a troubled past. Anthony finds out about the terrorists' daughter, becomes close to her and then lays out a trap to capture the father by placing the daughter as bait. Pilgrim finds out the terrorist has a Down Syndrome son, becomes close to him and then lays out to trap to capture the father by placing the son as bait. i have not watched Kindergarten Cop, but the wiki page of Olympian claims the movie to be inspired from it.