View Poll Results: Which player(s) will win another Grandslam titile?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roger Federer

16 66.67%
  • Rafael Nadal

9 37.50%
  • Serena Williams

10 41.67%
  • Maria sharapova

3 12.50%
  • Caroline Wozniacki

1 4.17%
  • victoria Azarenka

3 12.50%
  • Andy Murray

7 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 517 of 519 FirstFirst ... 17417467507515516517518519 LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,170 of 5185

Thread: ►🎾★🎾 🏆 FK Tennis Court 🏆 🎾★🎾◄ New Year, New CHALLENGES

Roger Federer Greatest of All Time...Thnak you for all the wonderful memories.

My all time favorite in Men's Tennis

After 15,000 matches, 20 Grand Slam titles and 24 years, Roger Federer announces retirement

The world's love affair with Roger Federer comes to an end, but as always, it's on his terms...
    And just like that, it was over. You always knew it was round the corner, but there was a "maybe one last time" rider flickering all the time. Now we know it's not happening. There will be no farewell tour, no grind of midnight despair. Roger Federer will not be performing for us beyond the Laver Cup next week.

The final memory of Federer playing a match at Wimbledon will be the bagel that he suffered at the hands of Hubert Hurkacz. But that's fine. Life was never meant to be a fairytale, so why an exemption for Federer?

When you go back, you can always see moments when he could have chosen the fairytale ending. A retirement at the end of 2017, with two Slams on a phenomenal return, and there would have always been that afterglow of a Pete Sampras-esque exit.

But for one of the greatest artists of sport, a mundane exit was a conscious choice. The man who has the highest number of Wimbledon titles goes out with a bagel in his last outing on grass. Or the image of a player whose body was "god-gifted" - according to his fiercest rivals - fighting to become fit for one last try, Federer the master chose to be the common man. Which he truly believed he was!

Roger Federer holding his 20 Grand Slam tournaments winner's trophies. (AFP Photo)
    The little boy in his early teens used to cry because he had to spend the week in the Swiss tennis academy in Lausanne, where French is spoken. For little Roger, the comfort of his hometown Basel, where he could speak German, was more important. But not for all those who were around him. They saw probable greatness, and Federer was okay to accept it and fight on.

He skipped his first Wimbledon champion's ball as a junior champ because he had got a wild card in an ATP event in Switzerland. It was a battle in itself, but he accepted it. Losing to Tim Henman right after beating Pete Sampras at Wimbledon in 2001 would have been crushing, but he didn't give up. Two years of dealing with the so-close-yet-so-far idea wasn't easy, but he dealt with it. When he talks about his first Championship point at Wimbledon, he proves he has always been one of us: "I was just hoping Philippoussis hits that ball wide so I don't have to win the match point on my own."

Art just happened. Federer was never the conscious artist that we believed he is. But as it happened, he did make sports writers run out of adjectives. How Federer became the reference point of genius is probably unknown, but by 2005, he had learnt to acknowledge that as well. "It's not a shame losing to the Greatest of All Time," Andre Agassi said after the 2005 US Open final. Federer had merely won his sixth. But he smiled and nodded. He knew he had to bear the cross of genius.

The flick of the wrist, the forehand, the easy service action, the single handed backhand that often didn't land but just looked beautiful, all made us believe that the sport begins and ends with one man. Till Rafael Nadal happened.

Nadal, with everything that Federer wasn't on court, became the greatest counterpoint that 21st century sport could offer. From a world of ethereal beauty, Federer was down in the dangal, battling bloody-nosed.

"I would never have been the player that I was but for Nadal," Federer says. Three back-to-back final losses at the French Open and the 2008 Wimbledon defeat to Nadal made Federer soul-search for the first time since his teens, when he had given up his outward tempestuousness to cultivate a strength that made him boss the Roddicks and Hewitts for long.

It was probably this soul-searching that resulted in the most defining moment of his career, winning the 2009 French Open. Rafa had lost the day before to Robin Soderling and Federer was two sets down to Tommy Haas in the fourth round. If it was a year earlier, Federer would probably have not buckled down the way he did after that. An unbelievably courageous forehand to save the break-point in the eighth game of the third set against Haas sparked off one of the greatest title rides. Monfils in quarters, Del Potro in semis and Rafa-slayer Soderling in final - it was difficult every step of the way, but Roger was ready to grind. The Swiss genius was fighting to prove his credential, to show the world he belongs on clay too.

If Federer had decided to go at the turn of the decade, no one would have raised an eyebrow. He was 30, had crossed Pete Sampras' record by then and had won on all surfaces. There was nothing more to prove. But Federer kept reminding us time and again he would leave the day he feels he doesn't feel like training any more.

Roger Federer holding up the Wimbledon Championships trophy after winning each of his eight titles in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012 and 2017.

The aura of the unbeatable Federer had been broken, but the fight never left him. Compared to his two great rivals, the fighting spirit of Federer is probably an under-rated area, but the very fact that he was changing the definition of tennis proved his steel. It was those defeats that spurred his desire to come back. He wasn't supposed to come back from a serious injury in 2017 and win those three Slams by January 2018. And probably he wasn't supposed to lose the 2019 Wimbledon final when he had two championship points on his own serve.

Doesn't matter, Roger...thank you for the entertainment!

Quote Originally Posted by sankar1992 View Post
    DHL ennathekka...🤭🤭🤭

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Hi hi hi hi
    Mathiyo

Sent from my 22021211RI using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by K S Hrithwik View Post
    Hi hi hi hi
    Mathiyo

Sent from my 22021211RI using Tapatalk
    Pora , njan pratheekshicha athra nannayilla...
    "നമുക്കൊരു ഒന്നൊ​ന്നര പടമുണ്ടെന്നു പറ" !!

puthiya payyan cup adichallo, good for tennis.

Novak Djokovic wins two titles in two weeks taking his overall tally to 90 ATP titles.

Rafael Nadal, Iga Swiatek named ITF world champions after stellar 2022 season

The Spaniard joins his friend and recently-retired rival Roger Federer as a five-times ITF world champion behind Pete Sampras (6) and 2021 winner Novak Djokovic (7).

Rafael Nadal was crowned the ITF world champion for the fifth time in his career while top-ranked Iga Swiatek won the women's award.

Rafael Nadal was crowned the ITF world champion for the fifth time in his career while top-ranked Iga Swiatek won the women’s award after a superb 2022 season, the International Tennis Federation (ITF) said on Thursday.
    World number two Nadal fought back from two sets down to defeat Daniil Medvedev in January’s Australian Open final to capture his 21st Grand Slam trophy, before sealing a record-extending 14th French Open title in June for his 22nd major. The Spaniard joins his friend and recently-retired rival Roger Federer as a five-times ITF world champion behind Pete Sampras (6) and 2021 winner Novak Djokovic (7).
    “I’m very happy to be named ITF World Champion for the fifth time,” the 36-year-old Nadal, who also bagged the award in 2008, 2010, 2017 and 2019, said in a statement.

“When I first won the award… I wouldn’t have expected to still be playing at such a high level 14 years later. It was special to win the Australian Open for a second time, and of course to win Roland Garros.
    “I’m grateful for the support of my team and my fans around the world and I’m already looking forward to the 2023 season.”

Swiatek went on a 37-match winning run and won the French and U.S. Opens as well as titles at Doha, Indian Wells, Miami, Stuttgart, Rome and San Diego. She won 67 matches overall and topped the list of finals reached and trophies won. The 21-year-old, who was also named WTA Player of the Year, said major awards in a “big year” showed how far she had come.
    “I appreciate it and I want to thank the ITF,” Swiatek, who is the first Polish singles player to win the ITF award, said.
    “It wouldn’t have happened without my team, my family, and my fans from Poland and all over the world. Consider it our joint award for amazing adventure on court in 2022.”

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post
    Novak Djokovic wins two titles in two weeks taking his overall tally to 90 ATP titles.
    Djokovic wins Adelaide International - takes tally to 92 titles.