View Poll Results: Which player(s) will win another Grandslam titile?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roger Federer

16 66.67%
  • Rafael Nadal

9 37.50%
  • Serena Williams

10 41.67%
  • Maria sharapova

3 12.50%
  • Caroline Wozniacki

1 4.17%
  • victoria Azarenka

3 12.50%
  • Andy Murray

7 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 516 of 519 FirstFirst ... 16416466506514515516517518 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 5185

Thread: ►🎾★🎾 🏆 FK Tennis Court 🏆 🎾★🎾◄ New Year, New CHALLENGES

Teenager Carlos Alcaraz hailed as ‘new superstar’ after Madrid Open title

• 19-year-old beats German 6-3, 6-1 for second Masters title
    • Spaniard beat Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic on way to final

Carlos Alcaraz has won a tour-leading fourth titles this year.

Spanish teenager Carlos Alcaraz capped another impressive week with a straight-sets victory over Alexander Zverev on Sunday to win the Madrid Open and become the second-youngest player to win two Masters 1000 titles.
    His comfortable 6-3, 6-1 win over Zverev followed victories over his idol Rafael Nadal in the quarter-finals and top-ranked Novak Djokovic in the semis.

“Last year I was going through these experiences for the first time, playing against the best players, playing in the Masters 1000, and I learned a lot,” Alcaraz said. “Now it’s different. I go onto the court knowing that I can win, with the confidence that I can win at any moment.”

Alcaraz became the youngest winner of the tournament and the second-youngest to win two Masters 1000 trophies after Nadal won in Monte Carlo and Rome in 2005. Alcaraz had already become the youngest to enter the top 10 since Nadal did it in 2005.
    “It feels great to be able to beat these players,” said the 19-year-old. “To beat two of the best players in history and then Zverev, the world No 3. He is a great player. I would say this is the best week of my life.”
    It was the seventh straight win over a top-10 player for Alcaraz, and his tour-leading fourth title of the year. He also has the most wins this season with 28, one more than Stefanos Tsitsipas.
    Zverev was trying to win his second consecutive Madrid title, and third overall. He had only praise for Alcaraz after the match.
    “Right now you are the best player in the world,” Zverev said after the match and joked about his opponent’s age. “Even though you are still five-years-old, you are still beating us all, so great to see for tennis that we have such a new superstar who is going to win many grand slams, who is going to be No 1 and is going to win this tournament many times.”
    Alcaraz had won his first Masters 1000 tournament in Miami earlier this year. He had also won in Rio de Janeiro and Barcelona. His first career title came in Umag last year.
    Alcaraz’s three losses this season came against Sebastian Korda in Monte Carlo, Nadal in Indian Wells and Matteo Berrettini in the Australian Open.
    After long three-set wins over Nadal and Djokovic, the seventh-seeded Alcaraz kept his high energy from the start against Zverev and was in control throughout the match.
    He didn’t face any break points and converted four of the eight he had against the second-seeded Zverev. Alcaraz had 11 unforced errors compared to 25 by Zverev.
    “I am 19, which I think is the key to be able to play long and tough matches in a row. I am feeling great physically,” Alcaraz said.
    He said it was special to win in Madrid, where he first started watching tennis at an early age.
    “Watching Rafa lift this trophy gave me a lot of power to work hard for this moment,” Alcaraz said. “It is a great moment for me. It is the first tournament I watched, so lifting the trophy today is so emotional.”

This Alcaraz boy could emerge as the next Nadal.

Just 19 years and 5 titles already, including 2 ATP 1000 titles.

Italian Open: Djokovic claims 38th Masters 1000 title, Swiatek wins too

A sixth-successive win for Djokovic over his Greek opponent looked inevitable as he stormed through the first set with a blistering display of hitting, to which Tsitsipas had no answer.

World number one Novak Djokovic claimed his first title in over six months after beating Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-0 7-6(5) to win the Italian Open on Sunday. While, Iga Swiatek clinched her fifth consecutive WTA Tour title, defeating No. 7 ranked Ons Jabeur, 6-2, 6-2 in the final to retain her Italian Open crown.
    Djokovic did not drop a set en route to the final in Rome, having picked up his 1,000th tour-level victory by beating Casper Ruud in the semi-final to book a clash with Tsitsipas - a repeat of last year`s French Open final, which the Serb won.
    A sixth-successive win for Djokovic over his Greek opponent looked inevitable as he stormed through the first set with a blistering display of hitting, to which Tsitsipas had no answer.
    Tsitsipas`s name rung around Campo Centrale in the fourth game of the second set, however, as an unforced error from Djokovic gave the Greek player two break points, the first of which he converted to take a 3-1 lead in the set.
    After Tsitsipas held to make it 4-1, Djokovic then upped it a gear, winning five of the next seven games to take it to a tiebreak before sealing his sixth Italian Open title, and first since winning the Paris Masters in November.
    It has been the perfect week for the 34-year-old, who became only the fifth man in the Open Era to reach the 1,000 wins milestone after Jimmy Connors, Roger Federer, Ivan Lendl and Rafa Nadal, ahead of the start of the French Open next Sunday.
    "I surprised myself I can say," Djokovic said. "I had a clear game plan and I knew what to expect, so I knew what I had to do, but I did play a perfect first set.
    "After that it was a little tighter. At this level, one or two points can turn a match and he was then back in the game at 4-1 up. The match could easily have gone to a third set but I managed to find the right shots at the right time to come back into the match.
    "I have been building my form for the past couple of weeks and I knew that my best shape on clay usually comes around Rome time, so it could not be better going into Roland Garros with a title."
    Iga Swiatek beats Ons Jabeur

With this, the Polish star extended her winning streak to 28 consecutive matches. Swiatek is just the second player ever to win four or more WTA 1000 titles in a single season. Serena Williams won five in 2013.
    The 20-year-old has won every WTA 1000 she has contested this season, winning Doha, Indian Wells, Miami and now Rome. She currently holds five of the last nine WTA 1000 titles.
    Swiatek won the first WTA 1000 title of her career last year in Rome. She is the ninth player to win back-to-back titles in Rome and the third-youngest player to capture two titles in Rome, older only than Chris Evert and Gabriela Sabatini.
    During Sunday's final, Swiatek was looking to level up her head-to-head against Jabeur, who had won their last two meetings. It did not take long for World No.1 to put her stamp on the match. Swiatek broke Jabeur early to build a quick 3-0 lead and never relinquished control of the match.
    Jabeur found herself with two small openings to break the Swiatek serve, but the Pole slammed the door each time. Serving at 4-2 in the first set, a pair of errors put Swiatek into a 0-30 deficit, which she quickly alleviated to hold. Then, in her opening service game of the second set, Swiatek wiped out the first breakpoint she faced in the match.
    Jabeur would snap Swiatek's six-game run with her first break of serve in the match at 4-1 in the second set. Buoyed by the break, Jabeur earned her best chance to flip the match in the 4-2 game. In the best game of the match, Swiatek survived a 0-40 deficit to save four breakpoints and keep Jabeur at bay.
    The World No.1 outsmarted Jabeur in a series of rousing cat-and-mouse rallies before closing out the game with a big first serve.
    Having swept the titles in Doha, Indian Wells, Miami, Stuttgart, and Rome, Swiatek is now the fourth player in the 2000s to win five or more consecutive tournaments. She joins a vaunted list that includes Venus Williams in 2000, Justine Henin in 2007-2008 and Serena Williams in 2013.

Rafael Nadal wins 22nd Grand Slam title and 14th French Open crown with straight sets demolition of Casper Ruud

PARIS: Rafael Nadal won a 14th French Open and record-extending 22nd Grand Slam title on Sunday with a straight-sets rout of Casper Ruud to become the oldest male champion at Roland Garros.
    In a disappointing final, 36-year-old Nadal won 6-3, 6-3, 6-0 with victory coming 17 years to the day since he claimed his first French Open as a 19-year-old in 2005.

The ochre-hued stage was set earlier in the day, Court Philippe-Chatrier was at capacity and the troubling weather predictions had been binned. The sun made periodic appearances early in the match, perhaps to greet the 13-time champion, before coming out in all its glory in the second half of the final. That worked like a roller on the crushed red-brick carpet and Nadal was skipping around the shale and stinging like a bee. So much so that Ruud only won eight points in the third set.

Nadal's 6-3, 6-3, 6-0 victory, which gave him his 22nd Grand Slam crown, saw his backhand dominate as much as his forehand, piling up a total of 37 winners. The 36-year-old, who has won the Australian and French Open titles in the same year for the first time in his decorated career, passed fellow Spaniard Andres Gimeno as the oldest Roland Garros men's singles champion in history.

5. Likes Endou liked this post

Novak Djokovic wins fourth-straight Wimbledon title, 21st Grand Slam; beats Nick Kyrgios in four sets

• The Serb beat Australias Nick Kyrgios in four sets to win his fourth straight title at the grass court Grand Slam, and 21st overall to get one short of Nadals record haul.

Serbia's Novak Djokovic celebrates with the trophy

At long last, normalcy has returned to the life of Novak Djokovicthose arms aloft after winning the last point, that grin of a champion, that plucking and chewing on the Centre Court grass.
    It had all gone away for the Serb since winning on the same court 12 months ago; beaten by rivals in the 2021 US Open and 2022 French Open and blocked from competing at the 2022 Australian Open. But as he fell on court and pushed his arms widea la the sliding gesture from his five-set quarter-final winDjokovic was up and running again in the Grand Slam race.

A 4-6, 6-3, 6-4, 7-6(3) win over mercurial-to-mature (so he says) Nick Kyrgios earned him his seventh Wimbledon title to tie with Pete Sampras. He is one away from Roger Federers record eight. Holding the trophy for the fourth straight time on Centre Courthe hasnt lost in it since 2013the 21-time champion is now one ahead of Federer for most mens Slam wins and one shy of Rafael Nadals record.

The world No 3 becomes the first player to win seven or more titles at two different Grand Slams, and only the fourth man in the Open Era to win Wimbledon four times in a row.
    I am lost for words for what this tournament, this trophy means to me, Djokovic said in his post-match comments on the court. My first image of tennis was grass, and Wimbledon.

Roger Federer drops out of ATP rankings

The tennis legend, who turns 41 on August 8, intends to make his return to tournament play in his native Switzerland in October

Roger Federer

Roger Federer dropped out of the ATP rankings entirely for the first time in a quarter of a century on Monday, while Novak Djokovic slid four spots to No. 7 a day after winning Wimbledon for the seventh time.
    Federer, who had won 20 grand slam singles, had appeared in the singles rankings every week since he made his debut at age 16 in September 1997, tied for 803rd.

He held the record for most time at No. 1 until Djokovic broke it.
    Federer was 97th before play began at the All England Club but now has zero points because the rankings are based on a players results over the previous 52 weeks.
    He has not competed at all in that period since reaching the Wimbledon quarter finals a year ago.
    Shortly after that loss, Federer had his third operation on his right knee in a span of about 18 months.
    Federer, who turns 41 on August 8, intends to make his return to tournament play in his native Switzerland in October and said during an appearance at Centre Court last weekend that he hopes he can play at Wimbledon next year.

FedEx Retired

Sent from my 22021211RI using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by K S Hrithwik View Post
    FedEx Retired

Sent from my 22021211RI using Tapatalk
    DHL ennathekka...🤭🤭🤭

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    "നമുക്കൊരു ഒന്നൊ​ന്നര പടമുണ്ടെന്നു പറ" !!