Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ganagandharvan Special- Gandharva Naada Pravahathinu 50 Vayasu..

FK Citizen Aravind Mohan Krishnan's Avatar

Oral 10000 songs kodukkumbo nammal selectively 1-2 songsine kondu abhamanikum.....Ethreyo kalamaanu ithu thudangiyittu.....when he has given thousands of great songs....we pick out a few bad songs. Just remember he is a human being too. And I started this thread to celebrate his achievements....not to hear some petty criticisms of him. It is indeed a shame that we fail to recognise his contribution to Malayalam or South Indian Music and his achievements outside the music field. It is very few singers who can follow his lifestyle and sing with such greatness even after the age of 60. If you hear Kadhayile Rajakumaran, Snehathumbi, among others...you will realise his voice still has elements of the greatness. I accept he is limited nowadays but we can be far more constructive in our criticism. And it really is a pity that we can elevate Mohanlal and Mammoty to the status of gods but not care about greater legends like Yesudas who have given so much to Malayalam cinema.

If you want to downride him through stupid assertions like....his Gange was poorly sung.....he cant sing in ganamelas and MGS is better than him...then you can forget this thread. And you can talk about Himesh Reshamiya, Afsaal, Jassie Gift and other singers. Just remember that they wont even come to achieve 1% of what Yesudas has achieved even if they have sung for 100 years in their life. Thank you.
    'A fantastic, marvellous and unpredictable actor'

Mammotty on Mohanlal

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Ask the average Malayali about his prized possessions and, apart from his beloved tharavad and his coconut palms, he's bound to include the voice of Kattasseri Joseph Yesudas also.

Such is the impact of his voice and person on Kerala's collective consciousness that everyone has his or her favourite Yesudas song which is associated with something intensely personal, be it an old love, a new passion or a moving experience. When he turned 60, organisations across the length and breadth of Kerala showered his adulation oh him. Swaralaya of Thiruvananthapuram has insituted three awards in his name.

Today, Yesudas can take just pride about his place in Malayalam cinema's history. However, pride is something that is totally absent in him. Humility is the hallmark of this soft-spoken man. It is as if he is still awed by the way the gods have been kind to him.

read the rest in http://www.themusicmagazine.com/yesudas60.html

FK Visitor

Yesudasinte 3 ghattangal.

(1) he came with a sweet voice with perfect singing. Up to the 1970's his voice was so sweet, clear and energetic. pathinalam ravudichathu, thamasamenthe varuvaan, suruma ezhuthiya etc were ultimate.

(2) But starting from last years of 70's and till 95-96, his voice became more and more deep. His semi classical songs (pramada vanam, ezhu swarangalum, ottakkambi nadam, devi, devanganangal etc) became at its peak. SO many best songs came in this time.

(3) Afetr that sill many music directors prefer him to sing some songs which requires his range of sound.

Yesudaasinte sabdam sruthi badham aanu. thondayil sruthippettiyum vachaanu ingottu daivam adhehathe vittathu.

Quote Originally Posted by saji

(1) he came with a sweet voice with perfect singing. Up to the 1970's his voice was so sweet, clear and energetic. pathinalam ravudichathu, thamasamenthe varuvaan, suruma ezhuthiya etc were ultimate.

(2) But starting from last years of 70's and till 95-96, his voice became more and more deep. His semi classical songs (pramada vanam, ezhu swarangalum, ottakkambi nadam, devi, devanganangal etc) became at its peak. SO many best songs came in this time.

(3) Afetr that sill many music directors prefer him to sing some songs which requires his range of sound.

Yesudaasinte sabdam sruthi badham aanu. thondayil sruthippettiyum vachaanu ingottu daivam adhehathe vittathu.
    The depth in the songs has served him well too....which is why he could sing so deeply for many complex classical songs. And it gave him another dimension to his singing. I would say once Raveendran master came on the scene then Yesudas really benefited...for he is one of the few (probably Biju Narayanan is the other) who can match the high notes that Raveendran mash played.

Mammotty on Mohanlal

FK Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Aravind Mohan Krishnan

The depth in the songs has served him well too....which is why he could sing so deeply for many complex classical songs. And it gave him another dimension to his singing. I would say once Raveendran master came on the scene then Yesudas really benefited...for he is one of the few (probably Biju Narayanan is the other) who can match the high notes that Raveendran mash played.
    njan jayachandrante aradhakan aanu. oru divasam koottukaarodoppam yesudaasine cheetha vilichu. ennittu roattiloode nadannappol oru casset kadayil ninnum, " pathinaalaam raavudichathu" enna paattu. enthaa oru sabdam. ithra sweet aayittulla sabdathil raphiyo, SPByo mathrame ithinu munpu paadiyittundaavullu. Really amazhing. Athu muzhuvan aa rottil ninnum kettu. ennittu kadayil poyi onnum koodi idaan paranju kettu.

Oral 10000 songs kodukkumbo nammal selectively 1-2 songsine kondu abhamanikum.....Ethreyo kalamaanu ithu thudangiyittu.....when he has given thousands of great songs....we pick out a few bad songs. Just remember he is a human being too. And I started this thread to celebrate his achievements....not to hear some petty criticisms of him. It is indeed a shame that we fail to recognise his contribution to Malayalam or South Indian Music and his achievements outside the music field. It is very few singers who can follow his lifestyle and sing with such greatness even after the age of 60. If you hear Kadhayile Rajakumaran, Snehathumbi, among others...you will realise his voice still has elements of the greatness. I accept he is limited nowadays but we can be far more constructive in our criticism. And it really is a pity that we can elevate Mohanlal and Mammoty to the status of gods but not care about greater legends like Yesudas who have given so much to Malayalam cinema.

If you want to downride him through stupid assertions like....his Gange was poorly sung.....he cant sing in ganamelas and MGS is better than him...then you can forget this thread. And you can talk about Himesh Reshamiya, Afsaal, Jassie Gift and other singers. Just remember that they wont even come to achieve 1% of what Yesudas has achieved even if they have sung for 100 years in their life. Thank you.
    Aravind, I am afraid you are reading more than what was written. Karthikeyan paranjathu 'comapring his owns songs through the decades, Gange was poorly sung' ennaanu. That means it was poor only when compared to his own songs. There is nobody else to even compare to his songs. He is the benchmark. People get disappointed when they hear even a minor defect from the master singer whose songs have entertained them for years. If Gange was sung the same way by MGS or anybody else they would have said 'wow ,, what a marvelous singing'

Similarly I never said MGS is better than him. I would never dare to say so. The only thing I said he is not that good in public singing. I have heard MG singing in ganamelas I felt he sang the same way he had sung it in the films. About the kozhikode kooval story, it is true one too. Maybe Dasettan was trying to sing it in a different way. Because great singers always try to make slight modifications each time they sing the same song. SPB also does it, but he is a master in public singing.

I can understand your vishamam. The thread has grown into 2 pages, and you were expecting to see lot of good words, but instead you saw more criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Drillyaar Alimaash

I can understand your vishamam. The thread has grown into 2 pages, and you were expecting to see lot of good words, but instead you saw more criticism.
    yeah..thats why I reacted in that way. Anyway, just take it is an outburst.

Mammotty on Mohanlal

njan jayachandrante aradhakan aanu. oru divasam koottukaarodoppam yesudaasine cheetha vilichu. ennittu roattiloode nadannappol oru casset kadayil ninnum, " pathinaalaam raavudichathu" enna paattu. enthaa oru sabdam. ithra sweet aayittulla sabdathil raphiyo, SPByo mathrame ithinu munpu paadiyittundaavullu. Really amazhing. Athu muzhuvan aa rottil ninnum kettu. ennittu kadayil poyi onnum koodi idaan paranju kettu.
    Yeah...a really pleasant song. Another few of my favorites are from that period. The two Ss...Sanyasini...and Sangamam.

Mammotty on Mohanlal

The songs which I like most (a foolish attempt, the list will be too long if I try to make it complete, just putting down what I remember right at this moment)

1)'Ilavannoor matathile inakkuyile'.. Simply amazing. When he sings 'virahathin choodunto, viyarppundo, ninne veeshuvaan medakkaattin vishariyundo' we feel the words to our soul - Virahathin choodum, medakkattum ellaam anubhavikkchariyunnathu pole.

2)Indulekha Kan thurannu

3)Gopika vasantham thedi vanamaali

4)Oru dalam mathram vidarnnoru chempaneer

5)Marakkumo nee ente mouna gaanam

6)Oru rathri koodi vida vaangave

7)Tharalitha raavil mayangiyo

8 )Manasa nilayil ponnolangal

9) Rathisukhasaaramayi devi ninne

10)Sagarangale

Drilaliyaarinde listil enikku Oru Raathri Koodi annu sherikkum ishtam. Really a soothing song. Adhupole Indulekha is a very haunting song. Gopika vasanthathe kattilum enikku Pramadhavanavum Devasabhayaanu ishtam. Aanandham anandhanam jagadanantham sangeetham.....left me speechless!

It is impossible for me to do a Top 10 for him. If I put a 10 then I will inevitably forget many others.

Mammotty on Mohanlal