Page 103 of 233 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2326

Thread: ★★★ SuRiYa ★★★Official Thread

Surya Pairs up with Shruti Haasan
    February 20, 2010 149 Views
    (3 votes, average: 4.33 out of 5)

After a vigorous hunt for actresses, A. R. Murugadoss has finally zeroed on Kamal Haasan’s elder daughter Shruti Haasan for his upcoming film. The film is produced by Udhayanidhi Stalin of Red Giant Movies and has Surya playing the lead role.

Though according to grapevine, earlier Murugadoss was keen on roping Asin as the female lead but finally took the decision to cast Shruti with Surya. Since, producers are planning to make the film simultaneously in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil; they would rather prefer Shruti who is popular in Bollywood.

Shruti Haasan made her debut in Hindi film industry with “Luck’ and shared screen space with Aamir Khan’s nephew Imran Khan. A.R. Murugadoss has already raked in critical appreciation as well as box-office moolah with “Ghajini’ and Surya is making headlines in tabloids after Ram Gopal Varma signed him for crime-thriller “Rakta Charitra’.

pls........... visit........this site.......

Actor Surya Filmography | SuryaFansClub

Will Suriya do Major Ravi’s Kandahar?

By Moviebuzz | Monday, 22 February , 2010, 11:21

The Malayalam film director Major Ravi is quite a colourful character known for his military based films in Malayalam (Keerthichakra, Kurukshetra, Mission 90 Days) as he was a former commando. Remember that his Keerthichakra was dubbed into Tamil as Aran, with Jiiva played a role in the film?

Now Ravi is planning to do a film tentatively titled Kandahar based on the hijacking of Indian Airlines flight IC-814 in 1999 which was on its way from Kathmandu to New Delhi. The film will be a trilingual in Malayalam, Tamil and Hindi as it boasts of Mohanlal, Suriya and Amitabh Bachchan.

Amitabh when he came down to Cochin last week confirmed that he is doing a “cameo role in the film that won’t be more than three days and will probably shot in a Mumbai studio.”

A week later the Kerala media quoting Ravi said that “Suriya will play a commando and in all probability would be playing Amitabh's son in the film”. The buzz is that the film will be produced by Mohanlal’s right hand man Antony Perumbavoor in association with an NRI.

But when contacted, there is no official word from Suriya or his media manager on whether the actor will do Kandahar. However sources close to the development say that Suriya wants to be a pan Indian actor and is looking at Bollywood seriously.

Take a look at Suriya movies after Singam. He is doing Ram Gopal Varma’s Hindi and Telugu bi lingual Raktha Charitra with Vivek Oberoi. Next big film of his is with Ghajini director AR Murgadoss which will be having a Tamil, Telugu and Hindiversion, and they have roped in Sruthi Hassan to be the heroine.

So in all probability Suriya may be testing the waters and may do Kandahar as it has the legend Big B and Mohanlal who is known in Bollywood as a fine actor.

SURIYA AGREES!

February 24, 2010Home > More news The director of Kandahar, Major Ravi, in an interview to a national daily has said that Suriya will play the role of a commando in the film. With this statement it now looks like Suriya has assented to be a part of Kandahar.

Major Ravi also said that though Amitabh Bachchan will appear only in the second half of the film, it is not a guest appearance, as the media presumes it to be.

The director disclosed that he is busy obtaining permission to shoot in various army camps and other locations. Kandahar will also have Mohanlal in an important role. However, the female lead is yet to be finalized.

thanks yash macha, kure nalayi fkyil vannittu. Thanks for the updates. Surya in kandahar!! Great news...

Quote Originally Posted by SadumoN View Post
    thanks yash macha, kure nalayi fkyil vannittu. Thanks for the updates. Surya in kandahar!! Great news...
    welcome da enthupatti.... Busy aano.....

Quote Originally Posted by yash View Post
    welcome da enthupatti.... Busy aano.....
    kurachu busy aayipoyi oru 1 week aayittu. Pinne mobile net validity theernu. Innale renew cheythu... Nw bak in fk again...

Quote Originally Posted by SadumoN View Post
    kurachu busy aayipoyi oru 1 week aayittu. Pinne mobile net validity theernu. Innale renew cheythu... Nw bak in fk again...

Shining Brighter than ever

This is an interview from "Deccan Herald".

'I have grown up worshiping Kamal Hassan. To receive the award from him, especially when he was also nominated, was too much to handle.'

Recently, when Surya was called to receive the Vijay TV Best Actor award for Vaaranam Aayiram, from Kamal Hassan, he came on stage and overcome by emotion, prostrated before Kamal Hassan. A deeply moved Kamal Hassan pulled Surya up and clasped him in a tight hug. The crowd went hysterical. Tears started pouring down the cheeks of veteran actor Shivakumar, Surya’s father. I catch up with Surya on location at Ramavaram, Chennai, where he is shooting for Singham.

Excerpts from the interview:

It was a touching gesture....
    It was a very humbling moment. I have grown up worshiping Kamal Hassan. To receive the award from him, especially when he was also nominated, was too much to handle. I reacted spontaneously.

But what about your father Shivakumar, a popular actor himself?
    Strangely, not so. Though he was in the movies, at home he is like any working parent. Sometimes, when I see his old movies, I wonder if it is the same man sitting next to me who is on-screen giving such a brilliant performance! My coming into the film world was not pre-determined. After finishing college in Coimbatore, I joined a textile company and worked. After some time, when I decided to take up acting, there were huge doubts about whether it was the right choice or not. But I jumped in and here I am today (smiles).

For a 25-film-wonder you have scaled amazing heights, both in terms of performance as well as box-office returns. How do you manage the adulation?
    Thank you. I’m extremely aware that this too shall pass. But it did not happen overnight. I had my share of struggling days too. The success came slowly, step by step. I got used to it gradually. My feet are firmly planted on the ground. The film is a make-believe world, let me be in reality.

At the prime of your being an action hero you did ‘Sillunu Oru Kaadal’, essaying a married man with a six-year-old kid. That script came to Jo (Jyothika). She fell in love with the heroine’s character and wanted to do it. In fact in the beginning, there were thoughts of Jo doing Bhumika’s role and vice versa. But Jo had set her heart on Kundavi’s role, so...

Was it before your marriage?
    Three days after we finished the film we got married. When the film was released, the audience accepted us as a couple and it was a success.

You once described Asin as a “hardworking Malayali.”
    (Laughing) Asin and I started our career almost together. To reach where she is today has required lot of hard work. She was the original choice for Vaaranam Aayiram. We even shot the beginning train sequence and it is better than the final version. I am very happy for her.

Will Jyothika act again?
    We are expecting our second child in June. She is a devoted mother. She never leaves Diya with a maid. After the second child and after the kids settle down, if Jo still wants to do films, she will be supported in every way. I always want her to comment on whatever I do. I keep her in the loop.

Is your brother Karthi a competition?
    Of course! He is a very good actor. He lives and breathes films. Acting comes easily to him. He blew me away with his debut film. He was able to deliver and show people what he can do in his very first film. I know he can sustain it. He even has the confidence to discuss a script with the director.
    You don’t?
    I hear a narration like a common person. I should like the script at one go and I don’t like to make any corrections. I go purely by intuition.

How is it that you excel both at dance and stunts?
    Not at all. Vijay is a fantastic dancer and there are better fighters than me. I just push myself to the best of my abilities. I know I need to practice dance and sharpen my stunts. But I can’t be selfish, I have to give time to my daughter and wife.
    Tell us about your Agaram Foundation
    My father’s Shivakumar Education Trust has been supporting meritorious students for the past 30 years. I have grown up watching students receiving scholarship from him at a simple function held at our terrace. We once had a gypsy boy called Rajanikanth whose father had died and mother had run away. When he came to receive the cheque, he asked if he could donate half of the amount to his classmates, girls, because they did not have proper skirts. That was a big eye-opener for me. I started Agaram foundation to help poor students because education is a great leveller.

You have been receiving offers from the Hindi film industry.
    Yes, I have signed Rakta Charitra with Maddalcheruvu Suri. But I am content to be in Tamil. I might do a Hindi film once in a while. I had to refuse an offer from Deepa Mehta and an international period film due to prior commitments

sadumone avatar kidu
    ippo evide athrekku active allallo...
    april active aakum ennu karuthunnu