I have installed dozens of applications in my iPhone. With these apps I can

Check eMail
    Check websites
    Take down notes
    Read ebooks
    Play Nintendo games
    Play Gameboy games
    Play Playstation games
    Play DOS games in the early 90s (SCUMM Engine)
    Draw sketches with my finger and erase them with the shake of the phone
    Scan for Wireless nodes in my area and access them if open
    Record Voice Notes
    Remote control my desktop PC via VNC protocol
    Listen to Internet Radio
    Access multi language dictionaries
    Play Chess
    Play Solitaire
    Upload photos taken with the camera to my flickr account

Tell me which other phone can do all of these?

Quote Originally Posted by GuessMe
    Shariyanu. iPhone pala poraymakalum undu. Pakshe 3rd application developers athinellam solution kandupidichondirikkunnu. For example, these are the major features missing in iPhone.

Bluetooth
    Since iPhone has a limited bluetooth functionality for headsets, developers are trying to open it up so that it will work like other phones.

Video Recording
    A basic alpha version of a video recording application is already available. It is only a matter of time before iphone gets turned to a full featured video recorder.

SMS Forwarding
    3rd party application now available

MMS Support
    3rd party application now available

Also there are applications that can boost speaker volume but the quality is not as good as SE or Nokia phones. But, with headsets iPhone is the best. Unbelievable quality.

But, think about the unique features iPhone has. A 3.5 inch touch screen with multi touch interface, a web browser that can render web pages just as seen in a PC (not some scaled down mobile version of the site) and above all the 3rd party apps that keeps coming to iPhone everyday. Things can't be better than this.

Apple is going to release an SDK for developers, in February. From then on the app development will be official and a lot easier than it is now. Tons of apps are going to come in, making iPhone the best.

application vechu speaker volume kootaan patuvo?? can u advice?? the head set is marvellous, on par withe theri ipods.. They have to open it out to all service prividers for it to get more global.. the tie-up with ATnT is really keeping them within guraded walls..

pinne mattu fone upayogichavarkku, chilappo avarude interface oru irritation aanu, esp when u r in a hurry.. pinne group SMS paripaadi illalo?? undengil onnu paranju thaa..
    Blue tooth upayogikkan pattiya margam vallom undengl athum.. Any GPS facility being developed.. From what I heard Apple does not seem to be much interested in furthering their cause for marketing iphone.. all new apps seem to come from 3rd parties..

Safari browser is just marvellous.. and the touchpad tech as well.. genius invention.,.

FK Visitor

Guessme V/S Moovybuf nu saadhyatha undu...

Banned

ee buff

Quote Originally Posted by moovybuf
    application vechu speaker volume kootaan patuvo?? can u advice?? the head set is marvellous, on par withe theri ipods.. They have to open it out to all service prividers for it to get more global.. the tie-up with ATnT is really keeping them within guraded walls..

pinne mattu fone upayogichavarkku, chilappo avarude interface oru irritation aanu, esp when u r in a hurry.. pinne group SMS paripaadi illalo?? undengil onnu paranju thaa..
    Blue tooth upayogikkan pattiya margam vallom undengl athum.. Any GPS facility being developed.. From what I heard Apple does not seem to be much interested in furthering their cause for marketing iphone.. all new apps seem to come from 3rd parties..

Safari browser is just marvellous.. and the touchpad tech as well.. genius invention.,.
    The max volume of iPhone speakers is defined in the .plist file in Celestial.framework folder of iPhone. Modifying this value will increase the speaker volume. This was not an easy process until someone came up with an application called AudioAMP. Just install the app and the volume will increase. But, at increased volumes, some songs distort. So I prefer the native volume limit.

I don't know what exactly you mean by Group SMS (forgive my ignorance as iPhone is my first mobile phone). If by Group SMS you mean sending the same SMS to multiple contacts, there is an app called iSMS which can do that. Bluetooth feature is still being worked on. And GPS facility will be available as soon as Apple releases the SDK in February. Most probably Google themselves will develop an application that will plot your location in Google Maps. Actually 3 weeks back a 3rd party developer made an application for iPhone that could do this. But in no time Google threatened him with law suits and so he removed it quickly. Hopefully Google is waiting for the SDK release so that apps will finally be legal.

Quote Originally Posted by munshi02
    ee buff
    enthaado vaale?? Guessy is goo techy guy.. athondu chodichatha..

The max volume of iPhone speakers is defined in the .plist file in Celestial.framework folder of iPhone. Modifying this value will increase the speaker volume. This was not an easy process until someone came up with an application called AudioAMP. Just install the app and the volume will increase. But, at increased volumes, some songs distort. So I prefer the native volume limit.

I don't know what exactly you mean by Group SMS (forgive my ignorance as iPhone is my first mobile phone). If by Group SMS you mean sending the same SMS to multiple contacts, there is an app called iSMS which can do that. Bluetooth feature is still being worked on. And GPS facility will be available as soon as Apple releases the SDK in February. Most probably Google themselves will develop an application that will plot your location in Google Maps. Actually 3 weeks back a 3rd party developer made an application for iPhone that could do this. But in no time Google threatened him with law suits and so he removed it quickly. Hopefully Google is waiting for the SDK release so that apps will finally be legal.
    thanx... iSMS 3rd party aano?

Quote Originally Posted by moovybuf
    thanx... iSMS 3rd party aano?
    Athe. Developed by some Chinese guy. But the software is in English.

thanx.. wil try to use it.. virus keriyaal avide vannu ninne thallum..

Evidunna iphone vaangiyathu? Ethraya price?