sachin....
    MILAN
    mathiyo?

FK Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by jagan
    sachin....
    MILAN
    mathiyo?
    jagan pukel: pukel: pukel: pukel: pukel: :pukell: pukel: :p :pukelukel: :pukel pukel: puke :pukell: pukel: :pukel
    mathiyo?

sachin on sourav

I’m sure Sourav will continue to make us proud: Sachin
    - A TELEGRAPH SPECIAL
    - Cricket’s senior-most pro salutes Sourav Ganguly
    LOKENDRA PRATAP SAHI

Sachin and Sourav
    Melbourne: Only six Indians have played 100 or more Tests. Come Wednesday, though, and Sourav Ganguly’s name will be added to that distinguished list.

In the lead-up, on Monday, Sachin Tendulkar (the fourth Indian to make at least 100 Test appearances) hailed Sourav in a one-on-one with The Telegraph.

Sunil Gavaskar, Dilip Vengsarkar, Kapil Dev, Anil Kumble and Rahul Dravid (in that order) are the other Indians in the highly exclusive club.

The following are excerpts from what Sachin said:

On Sourav being hours away from his 100th Test

Sourav has worked very hard and truly deserves to have got so far… I’m happy that somebody as talented as him is on the verge of his 100th Test… Very few Indians have played that many Tests and I’m sure Sourav will continue to make us proud.

On the MCG being the venue for Sourav’s milestone-Test

A Boxing Day Test is regarded as special and when it’s someone’s 100th, then it becomes more special.

On his emotions when he himself played his 100th Test (at The Oval, 2002)

Was a special moment, yes, and I was excited… I remember getting a standing ovation when I walked out there for the first time… I didn’t get too emotional that day, but was obviously aware of the significance of the occasion.

On the 100 Tests club

Its uniqueness is that nobody gets there overnight… It takes a lot of dedication and hard work… One has to make sacrifices too… Like the others who’ve played that many Tests, Sourav has put in a huge number of hours on and off the field… Off it, for example, he must have spent time watching videos and CDs of his better innings… I believe he has used the old footage to get better.

On Sourav’s comeback, in December 2006, being regarded as one of the finest of all time

Of course he has made a good comeback and I’d never doubted his ability to do so… It didn’t surprise me for I knew he had it in him to make such a strong comeback.

On whether he has spotted any technical adjustments by Sourav

Don’t think he has made any change… I feel he’s playing the way he used to.

On the one Sourav quality that has appealed to him more than anything else

His determination has impressed me the most… The way he plans and the way he executes those plans…

On the one Test featuring Sourav which stands out in his memory

Hmmm… It will be the one at the Wanderers last December, his comeback Test… He scored an unbeaten 51 in the first innings, runs which were crucial.

On Sourav as a person

He’s a terrific character and a wonderful person… I’ve known him for a long time and, over the years, our friendship has grown. I value it.

On Sourav respecting him with a capital R

It’s mutual… (After a pause) Good friends respect each other.

Finally, his message for Sourav

(Smiles) Go out and enjoy your batting! The dressing room is behind you

Quote Originally Posted by milan
    jagan pukel: pukel: pukel: pukel: pukel: :pukell: pukel: :p :pukelukel: :pukel pukel: puke :pukell: pukel: :pukel
    mathiyo?
    milan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jagan
    sachin....
    MILAN
    mathiyo?
    povan para macha milan kolan kore evide olla senior myranmarude dupe id neriketan arikal dady arennariyathavanmar

Sachin played a wornderful innings todayu

kakakadavunni dravid

Quote Originally Posted by munshi02
    povan para macha milan kolan kore evide olla senior myranmarude dupe id neriketan arikal dady arennariyathavanmar

Sachin played a wornderful innings todayu

kakakadavunni dravid
    munshi machan ki jai

Sachin
    Thanks jagan for creating this topic

FK Visitor

Default Tendulkar rues missed opportunity

India batsman Sachin Tendulkar [Images] rued the break up of his blossoming partnership with Sourav Ganguly [Images] on Thursday and said it probably changed the face of India's entire first innings.

Tendulkar, who looked at ease on the low and slow wicket at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, had set about rebuilding the innings with Ganguly after India slumped to 55 for three on the second day of the first Test against Australia.

However, just as he appeared set for a big innings, he chopped a Stuart Clark delivery onto his stumps and was dismissed less than 10 minutes before the tea interval with the score 130 for four.

Yuvraj Singh [Images] was dismissed in the final over before tea, leaving India floundering at the break. They were then bowled out late on Thursday for 196 in reply to Australia's 343.

At stumps, they trailed the hosts by 179 after Matthew Hayden [Images] (22) and Phil Jaques (10) had moved their side to 32 without loss.

"The partnership we had, if we had converted that into a big partnership, could have made a huge difference to the later batting order and that was probably an important wicket," Tendulkar told reporters of his dismissal for 62.

"I was disappointed. I knew there was 10 minutes before tea and the idea was to play out as many balls until tea.

"But I misjudged it and it came a bit slower than I expected off the wicket."

Ganguly was eventually dismissed for 43 while captain Anil Kumble [Images] was the next highest scorer with 27 after Clark and Brett Lee [Images] shared eight wickets between them.

Tendulkar said the stranglehold that Lee and fellow-pening bowler Mitchell Johnson had placed on Wasim Jaffer [Images] and Rahul Dravid [Images] at the top of the order, when five of the first seven overs were maidens, was just "one of those days".

"You are not always going to strike the ball the way you want and sometimes the balls aren't always in the areas where you can strike them comfortably," he said.

"You've just got to fight it out and it was one of those days where both of the openers needed to do that.

"There have been times in Test cricket where you have to play it out and today was one of them."

FK Janapriyanayakan

Sachin God Of Indian Cricket

Sachin Jagan

Quote Originally Posted by Pankajakshan
    Sachin God Of Indian Cricket

Sachin Jagan

oru karyathinenkilum pankan koode undallo ennorkumbol vallatha santhosham :P