Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Makkal selvan ✪✪✪ Vijay Sethupathi ✪✪✪ || Official thread

Default Makkal selvan ✪✪✪ Vijay Sethupathi ✪✪✪ || Official thread

Kure naal aayulla aagrahamaanu ee oru thread start cheyyaan.. alasatha koodumbol aagraham upekshikkum.. Enthayalum ente priyapetta annante official thread njan thanne thudangiyekkaam..

Vijaya Gurunatha Sethupathi (born 16 January 1978, known as Vijay Sethupathi, is an Indian film actor, who appears inTamil films. Following a stint as an accountant, he begun considering an acting career. He was working as a background actor, playing minor supporting roles for over five years, before playing his first lead role in Seenu Ramasamy's Thenmerku Paruvakaatru (2010). He went on to star in Sundarapandian (2012), Pizza (2012), Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom (2012) (which brought his initial recognition), Soodhu Kavvum (2013) and Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara (2013), which earned critical & commercial success, turned Vijay Sethupathi into a popular name in Tamil cinema.

Vijay Sethupathi was born in Rajapalayam, Virudhunagar District and moved to Chennai when he was in Class six. He did his schooling in MGR Higher Secondary School in Kodambakkam. According to Sethupathi, he was a "below-average student right from school" and was neither interested in sports nor extra-curricular activities.
    He did a series of odd jobs for pocket money: Salesman at a retail store, cashier at a fast food joint and a phone booth operator. He graduated with a B.Com degree from DB Jain College in Thoraipakam, One week after he finished college, he joined as an account assistant at a wholesale cement business. He had to take care of three siblings and moved to Dubai, U.A.E as an accountant only because it paid him four times more than what he was making in India. In those two years, he fell in love with Jessie (whom he married later) online.
    Unhappy with his job, he returned to India in 2003. After a brief stint in the interior decoration business with friends, he joined a marketing company that dealt with readymade kitchens when he saw Koothupattarai’s poster. He recalls that once Balu Mahendra remarked that he had a "very photogenic face", and motivated him to pursue an acting career.

He subsequently joined the Chennai-based theatre group Koothu-P-Pattarai as an accountant and actor where he observed actors from close quarters. He made his beginnings as a background actor, particularly playing the role of the lead character's friend in a few films. Besides he acted in television series, including the well-known series Penn that began in March 2006, as well as several short films as part of the television show Nalaya Iyakunar for Kalaignar TV. He worked with Karthik Subbaraj on many short films, who later cast him in his first feature film, subsequently yield him the Best Actor award for one of his films at the Norway Tamil Film Festival short film competition.
    Sethupathi accompanied a group of actors who went to director Selvaraghavan's studio to audition for his gangster film Pudhupettai (2006) and was selected to play Dhanush's friend in the film. Following Pudhupettai, he was associated with a Tamil-Kannada bilingual film called Akhaada. While he was selected to play the lead in the Tamil version, the director offered him the antagonistic role in its Kannada version. However, the film did not see a theatrical release. After making an appearance in Prabu Solomon's Lee (2007), he was cast by director Suseenthiran in minor supporting roles in his first two projects, Vennila Kabadi Kuzhu (2009) and Naan Mahaan Alla (2010). Sethupathi would later credit Suseenthiran with having had an "important role in helping him realise his dreams". Suseenthiran, furthermore, recommended Sethupathi to director Seenu Ramasamy and Sethupathi landed his first lead role in Ramasamy's drama film Thenmerku Paruvakaatru (2011), in which he portrayed a shepherd. Although initial reviews were mixed, the film went on to win three National Film Awards including the prize for the Best Tamil Feature Film of that year.

Vijay Sethupathi has three siblings, one elder brother, one younger brother and one younger sister. He returned from Dubai in 2003 to marry his girlfriend, whom he had met and dated online. He has two children, one son (Surya) and one daughter (Shreeja). He named his son Surya in the remembrance of his friend who passed away during his school days.

Last edited by AjinKrishna; 07-21-2017 at 10:18 PM.

KIdu!

UPCOMING MOVIES:

PURIYAADHA PUTHIR by Renjit Jeyakodi

IDAM PORUL EVAL by Seenu Ramaswamy

VIKRAM VEDHA by Pushkar Gayathri

ANEETHI KADHAIGAL by Thiagarajan Kumararaja

KARUPPAN by Paneerselvam

SEETHAKATHI
    by Balaji Tharanatheeram

MAMANITHAN by Seenu Ramaswamy

ORU NALLA NAAL PAATHU SOLREN by Arumugakumar

96 by Premkumar

JUNGA by Gokul

Untitled movie by Cheran

AWARDS & NOMINATIONS:

PIZZA (2012)

SIIMA Award for Best Actor
    BIG FM Most Entertaining Actor of the Year
    Nominated—
    Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Tamil

NADUVULA KONJAM PAKKATHA KAANOM (2012)

Edison Award for Best Male Rising Star
    Norway Tamil Film Festival Award for Best Actor
    Vijay Special Jury Award
    Nominated—
    Vijay Awards for Best Actor

SOODHU KAVVUM (2013)

Vijay Special Jury Award
    Nominated—
    Vijay Awards for Best Actor

IDHARKUTHANE AASAIPATTAI BALAKUMARA (2013)

Vijay Special Jury Award

PANNAIYARUM PADMINIYUM (2014)

Nominated - SIIMA Award for Best Actor

ORANGE MITTAI (2015)

Nominated -
    SIIMA Award for Best Actor

Ritz Icon Awards 2013

Ananda Vikatan Top 10 Manithargal 2013
    Last edited by AjinKrishna; 04-18-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Ini naale update cheyyaam.. annan..

Quote Originally Posted by AjinKrishna View Post
    UPCOMING MOVIES:

PURIYAADHA PUTHIR by Renjit Jeyakodi

IDAM PORUL EVAL by Seenu Ramaswamy

KAVAN by KV Anand

VIKRAM VEDHA by Pushkar Gayathri

Untitled movie by Paneerselvam

96 by Premkumar

VADA CHENNAI by Vetrimaaran
    Ellam Kidu Projects...Imaikka Nodigal Ille..?

Actor vijay sethupathi

All the best ..............
    When truth is a fantasy, reality lies ..
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cinema Freaken View Post
    Ellam Kidu Projects...Imaikka Nodigal Ille..?
    confirmed alla.

10. Likes Cinema Freaken liked this post

ARTICLES:

THE HINDU -

He’s hot and happening

"My father told me I needed an ambition as a teenager. I simply wanted to know why it was wrong that I didn't have one."

Even his cameos attract deafening applause. It’s Vijay Sethupathi’s time in Tamil cinema, and sudhir srinivasan engages the unconventional actor in conversation during the shooting of Purampokku

At the massive prison set erected inside Binny Mills in Perambur, Vijay Sethupathi, in sky-blue shirt and lungi, has just returned from a lengthy shoot sequence. Apologising for the hour-long delay, he takes us into his air-conditioned caravan, but only after an autograph-and-photo session with a group of fans waiting patiently outside. Finally, he organises refreshments for us, leans back, and settles down for conversation.

Does it feel awkward when people come up for pictures and autographs?
    I simply remember that it is not about me at all. Let me explain. Who do we take pictures with? With those we are intimate with, like relatives and friends. People who come to me for photos are those who believe they have created intimacy with me, by investing in my emotions on screen. I respect their sentiment.

Clearly, you are much sought-after today. Has success changed you?
    The people around me have changed. I don’t think I have. Wait, I think I may have grown a bit as an actor. So, insofar as my acting ability is concerned, I guess I have changed.

How exactly?
    I am more confident and don’t feel self-conscious any more. I have to thank director Gokul with whom I did Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara, for my present complete lack of inhibition.
    In many ways, the film was a training lesson. I came out from it, brimming with vitality.

In a recent interview with us, Arya mentioned admiring your knack for adding detail into your scenes.
    (smiles) I offer suggestions, especially when it comes to dialogues. For example, in Purampokku, the film I’m shooting with Arya, I’m supposed to say ‘Nadandhu pogalaam’ in a scene. I felt it would be better if I said, ‘Odanumnu thonudhu sir’ instead. The director agreed with my suggestion. These are the inputs that Arya was probably talking about.

You are also making a debut as a dialogue writer with Orange Mittai. Is this new role an extension of what you just said about dialogue suggestions?
    I’m not sure. It was no easy job though. I sat for days without coming up with a single line. As I don’t read much, writing doesn’t come naturally to me. Then, I discovered a method that worked. I’d act in front of a camera, and speak the lines that seemed appropriate for a scene. I’d then watch the video and write down those lines. It’s a laborious process, yes, but it worked for me.

So you had to act as all the characters in the film to be able to write down their dialogues?
    Yes. And it wasn’t difficult for me to switch from one character to the other, as I’d already let the story and its characters simmer in my head for months.

After Soodhu Kavvum, you are returning to the role of an elderly man, a 55-year-old this time, in Orange Mittai.
    I wasn’t convinced at all that I could do justice. Director Biju made me feel comfortable about it. I’m sure there are people calling me an ‘aarva kolaaru’ (over-enthusiastic) already. I wish they knew that I don’t do these roles to ‘stand out’.

All the films you are working on, with the exception of Mellisai, are multi-hero subjects.
    Yes. I’m acting with Kreshna in Vanmham, with Arya and Shaam in Purampokku, with Vishnu in Idam Porul Eval, and with RJ Ramesh in Orange Mittai. Mellisai is my respite. It is a story that breaks traditional notions of safety and security. It talks about how you’re not necessarily secure even when in your home. As the director told me in his narration, “Unnoticed by you, the town is watching your every move”.

Have you ever watched a foreign film that got you wishing you were a part of it?

I hardly watch any English films. By the time I finish reading the subtitles, the scene is over… (laughs) I’m a big fan of old Tamil films though. There’s an ocean of film knowledge in them for those who care to seek it. Films like Thillana Mohanambal (196, Rajapat Rangadhurai (1973), Ratha Kanneer (1954), and Puthiya Paravai (1964) move me. Many ingenious scenes lie undetected in such films.

Are the choices of your stories motivated, in a way, by a certain pressure to deliver?
    I agree that there is pressure. I was overwhelmed by the reaction of the audience to my cameos in Jigarthanda and Kathai Thiraikathai Vasanam Iyakkam. However, I don’t let the burden of expectations decide my choices. I pay close attention to the kadhayin pokku (story flow), when I’m listening to narrations. I trust my gut feeling with picking the right ones, and aim simply to entertain. I don’t worry about the future. I have never.

Never?
    Not even when I was an aimless teenager. My father, a civil engineer, told me I needed ambition. I simply wanted to know why it was wrong that I didn’t have one. In a way, Orange Mitaai, my first production, is like that. The emphasis is on the journey, not the destination.

For a teenager with no aspirations, you have done fairly well for yourself.
    (laughs) All credit to my college friends who got me thinking about films by telling me that I looked better in photographs than I do in real life.

And did you take that as an insult or a compliment?
    Oops... I think I was too quick in taking it as a compliment!