FK Certified Designer Samachayan's Avatar

ABHAYA TALKIES

life rolls on

November 4, 2010
    When the mist of suspense cleared!

By Abhaya Simha
    i
    1 Votes

It was a film party given to honor that year’s National Award winners of Kannada industry. I was there to express my respects to senior film makers there. A senior friend and well wisher of mine introduced me to one of the leading producers in Kannada film Industry, K. Manju. He is well known in the Kannada industry to make different kind of tasteful films. We had a small interaction that night. He was excited to know that Mammootty sir had agreed to be a part of Shikari. He asked me to contact him the next morning.
    We had several meetings there after and discussed the possibility of realizing this project. K. Manju has very high regards to Mammootty sir and decided to make this film. After all, it is a historical film where Mammootty sir would be entering Kannada Film Industry!
    Manju and my self met Mammootty sir several times to discuss the further details of the project. And things started rolling faster as I had a regular producer who knows the tricks of the trade and knows his ways through the thick of the Kannada Film Industry.

Now we had to finalize on the core team for Shikari. Dr. Vikram who is a dear friend of mine is an excellent cameraman. My classmate and room mate at the Film and Television Institute of India. Ever since I made my first short film, Vikram has been with me. He graduated in BDS and practiced for a year. But his passion for cinema was so strong that he left his well established practice and joined the film school. He was the cameraman who shot my first film Gubbachigalu (which was even his first independent work) but before Shikari started shooting, Vikram had finished two more independent films. However, he was with me ever since I had penned down the first draft of script for Shikari. We had discussed in depth about the visual elements which would suit this film. Vikram is a passionate cinematographer working with whom is a sheer joy. So he immediately came on board.

When it comes to Music, Harikrishna is a big name in Kannada Film Industry. In the recent years, he has suddenly shined bright and made some real breathtaking work in the Kannada Industry. Winning critical acclaim and at the same time giving box office stealer is Harikrishna’s style. A humble human being and a wonderful creator. When I narrated the script of Shikari to him, he immediately jumped in to the project. He loved the script of Shikari and at the same time, getting a chance to score tunes for a film with Mammootty sir was a huge attraction for him.
    S. Manohar is a very senior editor in Kannada Film Industry. He is a Malyali from Chennai who works only in Kannada Film Industry. A strange combination but a very effective for a film like Shikari which is being shot in two languages! Twice state award winner for his editing skills, Manohar is an experienced hand in editing. He had recently done few films for K. Manju production. When I casually asked, Girish Kasaravalli sir had highly recommended him. Thus Manoharji came on board for Shikari.
    The team was thus building up slowly on after the other.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Poonam Bawja in a double
    Hot girl, Poonam Bawja, will debut in Malayalam playing a double role. She will be donning a twin roles in the new movie tentatively titled as ‘Shikaari’, opposite Mammootty.Interestingly, the megastar also appear in a double role in the movie, which is a bilingual directed by Abhay Simha. The actress who finds it extremely difficult to understand and spell even a single word in Malayalam,is taken care of by the megastar,who is taking time to teach his co-star and get the best out of her.Meanwhile, the latest news is that the production crew may change the title of the movie to 'Nayattu', instead of the present title, as a Mohanlal movie titled 'Shikaar' is running successfully in theatres currently.

Abhaya Simha
    Reached safely! now to meet the legend! Mammootty sir! its great to meethim every time i meet him. its been about two years since i have been meeting him. every time he fills in new energy and its the same excitment to meet him every time. Next schedule ofShikari (Which is also the last shooting schedule) will start from November 22nd. dream westarted to dream two years ago on its way to the finish line.
    Abhaya Simha | Facebook

Ee thenolippikkal okke padam release aayathinu sheshavum undayal mathiyayirunnu...

Quote Originally Posted by Baazigar View Post
    Ee thenolippikkal okke padam release aayathinu sheshavum undayal mathiyayirunnu...
    Vandhematharam...

Preparation begins (Abhaya's Article on Shikaari)

Sagar is a good friend of mine and also my associate director for the first film, Gubbachigalu. Ever since I started working on Shikari, he too was a part of it. Santosh Eashwar is (a close relative of great writer from Kerala, Mr. Kaidapuram) an experienced associate director from Kerala. These two formed a strong team for direction department. Santosh also took up the job of writing the dialogues for the film (in Malyalam) with the guidance of Mammootty sir himself. Rajeev, Unni and Nagesh formed rest of the direction team who looked after other responsibilities like continuity, editing report, clap etc. Harikrishna started composing music tracks for the film. He had 5 tracks to prepare. Some of the most important writers of Kannada and Malyalam film industry were requested to pen the lyrics to the tunes. In Kannada Jayant Kaikini wrote two songs, Nagendraprasad wrote two songs and Kaviraj wrote one song. In Malyalam, Murugan Kattakada, Kaidapuram Damodaran Nambuthiri, Vayalar Sharatchandra Varma, Santosh Varma wrote beautiful, soulful lyrics. Preparation of tunes, coordination of lyrics, singing, and track lying all started happening in Bangalore, Cochin and Chennai. Creating the music tracks for Shikari was a very beautiful experience. These tracks are not run of the mill tracks. They are created with the feel and sense of the period the film is happening in. I am sure you will enjoy all the tracks as much as we did creating them.
    We started casting for the film. Film doesn’t have many characters in it. Since the film was happening in two languages, we also wanted to mix actors from both the languages. We hope that would appeal to the audience from both the languages. From Kannada, Aditya, Mohan, Achutha Kumar, Ashwath Ninasam, Sharat Lohitashwa, Satish Ninasam, Sihi Kahi Chandru, Naveen D Padil, Chandrahas Ullal came on board. All of them are very talented actors most of them with several years of theater background. We decided that most of them can act in both the languages and for some of the key roles; we decided to have a different actor for Malyalam alone. So from Malyalam, Tini Tom, Suresh Krishna and Innocent sir joined us; a talented bunch from Kerala thus joined the journey of Shikari. I have seen many films of Innocent sir and I adore him very much. When I met him for casting, I learnt that he knows Kannada so I decided that he can work in both the languages. Thus now, the Kannada audience will have a wonderful experience of watch Innocent sir on screen.
    And then the search for heroin started. The character demanded a good performer who would be able to carry two different characters from two different time zones! She also had to be a good pair with Mammootty sir. She would have to manage both languages too! After searching for several months, we had not found a suitable heroine. There are some talented actresses in Kannada and Kerala but somehow nothing worked out for us. Some of them didn’t have dates when we wanted some of them had difficulties managing the other language etc. we even tried some actresses from Hindi. But nothing was appealing enough for this project.
    So we decided to start the first schedule of film without heroine. There was supposed to be a month’s gap before we could start the second schedule. We postponed our search till that time and started our preparation for the first leg of shooting.

FK Manikyam

THnx for the updates..........

Thanx for the updates. Abhayede ee sneham ippol ennum kaanamallo oro paragraphayi
    Thirichu Kittaatha Sneham Manasinte Vingalaanu

Quote Originally Posted by Kuttappaayi View Post
    Thanx for the updates. Abhayede ee sneham ippol ennum kaanamallo oro paragraphayi
    Pulliyude ettavum valya swapnam aanu ithukondu satisfy cheyyan pokunnathu....

LATEST STILLS