Page 102 of 556 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 5556

Thread: ♛✪✪ Akshay Kumar :Official thread ✪✪♛

Akshay’s fan-tastic experience.

Excuse moi while I answer this call on my kaaliberry. A khabru from Nagpur claims to have some dope on Akshay Kumar, who was recently there to promote his forthcoming flick, Khatta Meetha. Yawn!

A huge crowd had gathered to have a dekko of the Khiladi Kumar, who was in his avatar, complete with a black umbrella. And among the many, was a guy who seemed to be more than just a fan of the actor.

Apparently, he threatened to jump off from the parapet he was standing on, if Akki didn’t talk to him. When the actor heard about this, he went to meet his fan and talk him out of his threats.

But that wasn’t easy, for the guy refused to let Akki go. My jasoos tells me that it took the abhineta nearly half an hour to convince the man that he would return soon and spend more time with him.

That’s when the fan obeyed his idol’s request and got down from the building. Chalo, good for the fan. I dread to think of what would have happened if he actually jumped. Shudder shudder!
    Second chance..?

Akshay solves Action Replayy, Patiala House clash.

The showdown has been averted! Action Replayy and Patiala House, both starring Akshay Kumar, were supposed to release in the same month - November.

While Vipul Shah had confirmed Action Replayy for November 5, Nikhil Advani and Mukesh Talreja were keen on bringing Patiala House on November 19. However, the film-makers of these two films had left the decision on Akshay Kumar, who was supposed to take a call after completing his shoot in Manali.

Well, the suspense is finally over. While Action Replayy is confirmed for Diwali [November 5], thus clashing with Golmaal 3, Patiala House has been shifted to next year. The film will now hit the screens on February 11, 2011.
    Second chance..?

Akshay Kumar - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to light up screens this Diwali.

Bollywood stars Akshay Kumar and Aishwarya Rai hope to brighten Diwali this year as their film Action Replay will release on the festive occasion.

The film's shooting was completed in Manali July 15 and is set to hit screens Nov 5 alongside Ajay Devgn-starrer Golmaal 3.

While Action Replayy is a time-travel caper weaved around a story that progresses backwards in time, Golmaal 3 follows the hit outings Golmaal (2006) and Golmaal Returns (200.

Produced and directed by Vipul Amrutlal Shah, Action Replay also stars Aditya Roy Kapoor, Rannvijay Singh, Neha Dhupia, Kirron Kher, Rajpal Yadav, Om Puri and Randhir Kapoor.

Golmaal 3 on the other hand also features Mithun Chakraborty, Arshad Warsi, Kareena Kapoor, Tusshar Kapoor and Kunal Khemu.
    Second chance..?

Akshay, Aamir star in new film for I-T department.

Akshay Kumar and Aamir Khan [ Images ], two of the highest tax payers in Bollywood, will star in a documentary produced by the Income Tax Department to spread the message of tax compliance.

The documentary which is about 20-minutes-long, is narrated by veteran actor Om Puri [ Images ] in his trademark baritone and will also star Priyanka Chopra [ Images ], according to sources.

The documentary will be unveiled by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee [ Images ] during the first-ever Income Tax day celebrations on July 24 in New Delhi [ Images ].

Akshay paid an advance tax of Rs 9 crore in March 2010, taking his total advance tax payment in the current financial year to Rs 18 crore. Aamir with an advance tax payment of Rs 12 crore stands second.

"The ensemble which includes Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar [ Images ] and Priyanka Chopra represent the youth and spirit of the country. They are successful and pay their income tax responsibly," a top I-T officer involved in the project said.

The documentary chronicles the journey of taxation in the country and the role of the department in collecting direct taxes for the government which subsequently are utilised for development projects.

The film is presently undergoing editing at a studio here and will be brought out in a smaller version of eight minutes too, sources said.

The I-T department is celebrating the Income Tax day to mark 150 years of taxation in the country, which began in 1860. This would also be the last year for the Income Tax Act, 1961 which would be taken over by the proposed Direct Taxes Code (DTC) from the next financial year.

The ensemble of speakers for the department during the Income Tax Day celebrations also include corporate chiefs like Infosys [ Get Quote ] mentor Narayan Murthy and Wipro [ Get Quote ] founder Azim Premji [ Images ].
    Second chance..?

SRK Wins Akshay’s Friendship.

What else can make relations of the celebrities better other than some good words of appreciation for each other? Well, SRK is making more friends now-a-days and he has asked for a print of the today released movie ‘Khatta Meetha’ from archrival Akshay Kumar.
    Quite thoughtful in his approach, SRK has indirectly befriended Akshay Kumar and it is reported that he is very keen to watch the film. He is presently in London shooting for his film ‘Ra One’, but is ready to come down to Mumbai the next week to watch the film.

Both the actors do not share very good professional relations and are always anti against each other, but this time SRK’s first step of friendship will make their relations sweeter and strong.

The issues between Shah Rukh and Akshay got settled a month back when both co-incidentally met on a flight to London. This step of SRK will surely win Akshay’s heart.

Shah Rukh has this good tendency of patching up the spoilt relationships, the same he did with the Bachchans by attending the ‘Paa’ premier. He later also attended the premier of ‘Raavan’ in London.
    Second chance..?

King Khan and Khiladi Kumar make up?.

With a request for a special screening of Akshay Kumar’s film Khatta Meetha, Shah Rukh Khan seems to be giving the impression that the two actors may finally be softening towards each other. Both the stars, believed to be archrivals and vying for the number one spot, were believed not to get along at all. The A-listers may be the latest to join the bandwagon of unlikely friendships, following the likes of Karan Johar and Aamir Khan, reported the Mumbai Mirror.
    Khan and Kumar reportedly met last month on a flight and got talking and ever since SRK has been keen to watch the film, especially since he is in Mumbai on a short break from his shoot for Ra.One in London.

Shah Rukh has requested the producer Astavinayaka for a print so that he can watch it on his preview theatre at home though the date is not fixed yet.

SRK had earlier dropped in on the sets of Akshay’s Patiala House while the actor was shooting and had a nice long chat. Well, the two certainly seem to be bonding alright!.
    Second chance..?

Akshay, Twinkle to trek in Jammu.

Akshay Kumar has great plans as to what he can do after his latest film Khatta Meetha releases. And no, it's not signing on another film. Akshay has decided that he and wife Twinkle will go trekking and biking in the remote areas of Jammu. Akshay got the idea when he recently visited the place to shoot a song for Action Replayy. He was impressed with the unspoilt beauty of the place and the soothing effect it had on him. He realised that many places in Jammu were accessible only by two wheelers or on foot, so he has decided to go on this trip with his wife. The two will be pitching their tents wherever they are for the night during their adventure.

Akshay has no worries about crowds mobbing him on the way, especially as he will be without his security cordon. He feels that after dealing with crowds of more than 15,000 people during the promotion of Khatta Meetha, he will be able to prevent being accosted during his travels.

So will Akshay write his motorcycle diaries? That is yet to be seen.
    Second chance..?

Akshay Kumar's family matters.

Mumbai: Actor Akshay Kumar recently took his wife Twinkle and son Aarav for an exotic vacation. The star flew his wife and son on a private jet to Barbados to spend time on a private island. They lived on a huge beach house which was completely cordoned off.

It is a place where Hollywood’s top stars normally holiday. Akshay is teaching his son snorkeling and parkour, something he is an expert at. Aarav is said to be picking up the ropes fast.

“Akshay has three back-to-back movies coming up and the industry wants big hits from his end to cut losses at this year’s box office. From his latest to Vipul Shah’s Action Replayy to Farah Khan’s Tees Maar Khan, Akshay has three of the biggest budget films of this year. Lots rests on Akshay and he won’t have any time before this year gets over. He wanted to spend time with his family before he goes into his whirlwind work schedule. He also wanted to take time off and relax. He has been shooting non-stop through the year,” says a close friend of the star.

“They had the time of their lives. Akshay had switched off his cellphone as he wanted to get away from the madness and devote time to his family. Aarav was most thrilled as his father was training him in snorkeling. He constantly kept Akshay on his toes with his skill too. He is a fast learner and very inquisitive to learn new tricks from his dad who was seen sharing all that he knew with his son,” says the source.

Meanwhile, on Saturday, Akshay, who was out promoting the Priyadarshan directed movie in Nagpur, spoke to a 6,000-people strong crowd.
    Second chance..?

Akshay, Anushka’s Valentine date.

Directors Vipul Shah and Nikhil Advani are relieved. Thanks to Akshay Kumar, the two-week gap between the release of Shah’s Action Replayy and Advani’s Patiala House in November has now been widened, averting an overlap of the films’ promotions. And since Farah Khan’s Tees Maar Khan is due this Christmas, Patiala House will now be the next Valentine’s Day’s big-ticket movie.

Initially, Patiala House was scheduled for a November 19 release, with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Guzaarish and Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows. However, trade was abuzz with news that Kumar, whose Action Replayy with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan opens this Diwali, likes to space out the release of his films.

“Akshay likes to have a window of about 45 days between his films. With Action Replay’s release this Diwali, Patiala House’s promotions around the same time could confuse audiences,” explains a source close to the actor.

Besides, Advani did not want to complete the movie in a rush. Kumar, being a co-producer with Mukesh Talreja and Bhushan Kumar, also helped in finding a release date, and they finalised February 11

Advani says, “I’ll finish my edit by October 15, then I have 10 days of shooting and a song to complete. I don’t want to rush my team with a November release.”

Set in South Hall, UK, Patiala House spans three generations, starting in the ’70s. The multi-track film tells a father-son story, with an immigration angle and a good dose of cricket.

It is by the end of September that Advani will be in a position to take a call on the picturisation of a love song on the lead actors.

“The edit will help me decide how I should shoot it because it’s a beautiful lyrical number,” he says, adding that he’ll soon start working on the first teaser, which he plans on releasing with Action Replayy on November 5.
    Second chance..?

Akki loves beings mobbed by fans.

Akshay Kumar was recently mobbed by people at the airport asking him for autographs. And as he obliged everyone, one person politely remarked that it must be quite frustrating to keep signing autographs and getting mobbed wherever he goes.

“I told him that I would get frustrated if no one took my autograph. As actors this is what we strive for. It’s like our petrol!” said Akshay.

Interestingly, Akshay tries not to be recognized when he travels by road. The actor admits that he often uses bikes to cut the traffic. “But I always wear a helmet and it completely covers the face that no one recognizes me,” said the actor understanding that he could very well bring the traffic to stand still.
    Second chance..?