Page 53 of 556 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: ♛✪✪ Akshay Kumar :Official thread ✪✪♛

Legal notice for Akshay starrer HOUSEFULL.

Akshay Kumar starrer film HOUSEFULL, which is directed by Sajid Khan and produced by Sajid Nadiadwala has been served legal notice over the inclusion of a song.

According to latest reports, the legal notice has been served by Prakash Mehra Productions since they feel that the makers of HOUSEFULL have violated the copyright act by including a hit song from LAAWARIS in the film without proper permission.

Though producer Sajid Nadiadwala has accepted that the legal notice has been served to him, but at the same time he is hopeful that this issue will be put to rest amicably between the two parties.

It must be recalled that the said song 'Apne to jaise taise' was earlier picturised on Big B in LAAWARIS and the lyrics were penned down by Prakash Mehra himself.
    Second chance..?

Lounge Review | Micromax G4 ‘Gamolution’.

If the advertisements are to be believed, the G4 Gamolution mobile phone from Micromax made actor Akshay Kumar guffaw uncontrollably and decimate a hotel kitchen in his dogged determination to win a game.

The G4 made me laugh too, though this was more a disbelieving chuckle than buck-toothed cackle. That’s because the G4 is a funny sort of phone—a work of stellar engineering jugaad (improvisation) and shameless appropriation.

Micromax is a Delhi-based company that has quietly, over the last three years, become the third most popular mobile phone manufacturer in the country after Nokia and Samsung. It is popular for its line of “dual-sim” phones (the G4 among them), which allow you to receive calls and messages from two sim cards in the same phone.

The good stuff.

Here’s the G4’s main draw. The phone comes with a free Bluetooth dongle that attaches to your PC. Also included is a DVD disc of games that you can install. Set both of these up, press a button on the phone, and it becomes a bona fide Nintendo Wii remote with which you can waggle, shake and jab your way through games of tennis, bowling and…strangely enough, badminton.

Here, things get a little weird. The games themselves are complete, shameless knock-offs of their Nintendo Wii counterparts (right down to the art style, sound effects and menus), and are made by a Beijing-based company called JiaJia Media (Sports++).

Here, things get even weirder. The games and controls are excellent. It might be apocryphal to say the phone, with its home-brewed Wii-like software, is better somehow than Nintendo’s console—but after extensive testing, it is easier, and more responsive as a controller, than the plain Wiimote. The G4 handles direction input precisely. Swing to the left, and your shots are placed likewise. If you have a second G4, you can also play two-player.

Apart from this, the phone is a fairly solid device, with a host of nifty features—connect the phone to the computer, and it can use the camera as a webcam. The inbuilt FM radio function can schedule recordings of your favourite shows.

The not-so-good.

India has a long history of secretly ripping off Nintendo—an entire generation in the 1990s grew up playing hacked versions of Super Mario Bros from “10,000 in 1” cartridges. But the G4’s shameless appropriation of the Wii is troubling. The game function also fails to connect properly sometimes—a problem accentuated by the poorly written manual (sample instruction: “Append the accouterment of your mobile”). Otherwise, the G4 suffers from a few surprisingly basic problems. The SMS input is hopelessly slow, the camera is poor, and the build quality of the phone is slightly suspect.

Talk plastic.

At a price point of Rs5,999, you’re getting a decent phone, a Wii knock-off and a free Bluetooth adapter. It’s reason enough to be laughing like Akshay Kumar all the way from the store.
    Second chance..?

Akshay Kumar gifts Sajid Khan a Tag Heuer.

Mumbai: Akshay Kumar is so impressed with director Sajid Khan for the way his film ‘Housefull’ has turned out to be that he gifted him a limited edition Tag Heuer watch.

"Akshay Kumar watched a couple of scenes of the film and loved it. After viewing those few scenes there is no doubt in his mind that the film will do well. He gifted Sajid Khan a watch to show his appreciation," a source said.

The romantic comedy is a story of normal people caught in abnormal situations sparked off by a white lie. The film stars Deepika Padukone, Riteish Deshmukh, Lara Dutta, Jiah Khan and Arjun Rampal apart from Akshay.
    Second chance..?

Akshay Kumar: dares and delivers.

He is known for his death defying stunts and this time during the shot of his forthcoming film ‘Housefull’ produced by Sajid Nadiadwala and Eros International, Bollywood’s Khiladi has surpassed himself.

A source reveals that during a particular scene Akshay was required to jump from one balcony to another and since one small step in the wrong direction would have him plunging to the ground the production advised Akshay to use cable wires to perform the stunt.

But Akshay Kumar refused to do so in spite of the challenge it posed.

It was advisable to use cables considering the risk involved and one small slip would have him badly injured.

But Akshay refused and did the stunt himself minus the cable wires…..that’s Khiladi for you the one and only Akshay.
    Second chance..?

Sonam Kapoor turns Sania Mirza in ‘Thank You’.

Anil Kapoor’s daughter and the talented new comer to Bollywood industry, Sonam Kapoor has got a memorable role that is very precious in her acting career.

The Masakali girl is going to play the role based on a tennis player Sania Mirza in Akshay Kumar starrer Anees Bazmee’s ‘Thank You’.

Confirming the news the director Anees Bazmee said, “Sonam does pay a tennis champ, and Akshay Kumar plays a guy who’s seeing 30-35 girls at the same time, until he meets Sonam. Though he gives up flirting, he’s not particularly serious about Sonam too. It’s a funny take on courtship.”

Talking about Sonam’s role in the film, he said, “Sonam plays a state-level tennis champ in Canada so she cannot afford to look amateurish while playing the game in my film. I don’t expect her to become a tennis champ in a week but she should look like a professional.”

The actress will be flying to Canada for special training session for the game so that she can look professional in the film. The others stars of the film include Bobby Deol, Irrfan Khan, Suniel Shetty and Celina Jaitly.

The film will be on floors from mid-April in Canada.
    Second chance..?

Akshay Kumar is a lucky mascot for lot of actresses: Jiah Khan.

From heroins like Karisma Kapoor, Raveena Tandon and Shilpa Shetty in the 90's to current beauties Priyanka Chopra and Katrina Kaif, actor Akshay Kumar has proved to be a lucky mascot for many actresses, delivering a number of hits with them.

No wonder, newbie Jiah Khan is hopeful about the prospects of a blooming career post her pairing with Akshay in Housefull.

"Well yes, it's a fact that Akshay Kumar has been a lucky mascot for a lot of actresses over last so many years. However, personally I do believe that everything is not in my hand. I am very spiritual and religious person and so far have believed that God has aided in my journey. It is he (God) who would decide how my journey is going to be in the film industry," Jiah told PTI.

"Of course Housefull is a great prospect for me as well. Akshay is such a huge star and I am one of his leading ladies in the film. Still, the thought of my career seeing a great push after the release of the film is a little scary," said Jiah, who is currently in London.

"Yes, in the past there have been a few things that have gone wrong for me but then I have always believed that this is how God wanted it. If Housefull brings me good work then that would indeed be great. But then I would rather wait for that to happen before making any tall claims," she added.

For the 22-year-old actress, last three years have been quite eventful in Bollywood. After making a beginning with none-other-than Amitabh Bachchan in Ram Gopal Varma's Nishabd (2007), she went on to work along with superstar Aamir Khan in Ghajini (200.

She apparently shot for a significant portion of the Ken Ghosh directed film Chance Pe Dance opposite Shahid Kapoor, but was later replaced by Genelia D'souza.

Now Jiah arrives in an out and out masala affair like Housefull which is set to hit the theatres on April 30.

"When I look back at the years gone by, I feel I have been truly blessed. I mean to have Big B, Aamir and Akshay as your co-stars in the first three films itself is something that most actors can only dream of.

Akshay has been such a fantastic human being. Whether he is an action hero or a comedian or a serious character or a romantic guy; he is just so superb. I have learnt so much from him as well as Aamir and Amitabh Bachchan during all these years," Jiah said.

It wasn't an easy kick start for her though before she started shooting for Housefull. Since the Sajid Nadiadwala production is her first multi starrer, Jiah was a bundle of nerves working with the cast that includes Deepika Padukone, Lara Dutta, Riteish Deshmukh along with Arjun Rampal, Boman Irani, Chunky Pandey and Randhir Kapoor apart from Akshay.

"That's true, I was really so nervous. I mean Akshay is such a huge star, Riteish has a standing of himself in the industry while Deepika, Lara and others have made a good impact in the industry as well. I have admired them all and I was wondering if I would be able to gel well with them," Jiah said.

"However, all credit to them that they never allowed me to feel aloof or cut off. They were all so mature and professional and loved me to be around them," she added.

Since Housefull has been shot across the globe, it was one big all-expenses paid holiday for the actress.

"Really, I never felt that I was stepping out for work. It was just amazing; more so because I could see so many beautiful locations. Being with the crew was like being a part of the family," Jiah said.
    Second chance..?

Getting married once is hard enough, says Lara Dutta.

Mumbai: Lara Dutta is among the few Bollywood celebrities whose personal life is more interesting than her professional life. However, the actress, who was recently in news for her link-up with Indian tennis ace Mahesh Bhupathi does not like to divulge into her personal life.

Of late, Lara Dutta has had many broken affairs. Incidentally, in ‘Housefull’, the on-screen character of Lara Dutta is married to Akshay Kumar and Riteish Deshmukh.

While talking to a news daily on her upcoming release, when asked for her views on polyandry, the svelte actress quipped, “No, its illegal. Forget about finding two husbands, I’d be glad if I found one in this lifetime. Getting married once is hard enough, then why would any woman want to do it twice?”

Explaining about her two marriages in ‘Housefull’, Lara says, “She comes to London to study and falls in love with a man, whom her father (Boman Irani) can’t stand. I can’t reveal why she has two husbands.”

When asked if she prefer comedy to serious roles, she said, “My audiences like me in comedies. It’s a talent I have. If there’s a possibility of doing one great comedy a year by either David Dhawan, Priyadarsan or Sajid Khan, you’d be a fool to turn it down as they’re masters of their craft. But I don’t limit myself to it. I can even do a negative role. I’m more an actor than a star”.

News has it that Lara will soon be coming out with her fitness video. Talking about her new project, an excited Lara said, “I’ve always had a healthy image. I don’t diet, but believe in a balanced lifestyle for the mind, body and soul. Mine will be a lifestyle-wellness product, and not limited to a DVD.”

With this new project, Lara will soon turn into an entrepreneur. “You can’t face the camera all your life. I will also produce or direct if I’m equipped to at some point. I’m also writing a script,” added the Bong beauty.
    Second chance..?

Teenaged Everest challenger knocks on doors for funds.

2010-04-03 10:10:00
    She had been frantically trying to meet Bollywood's reigning badshahs Shah Rukh Khan and Akshay Kumar, though Bhagyashree Sawant is no star-struck autograph hunter. The 18-year-old from Maharashtra has been knocking on the door of the megabuck Indian film industry hoping they would financially support her plan to summit Mount Everest, the highest peak in the world.

But to no avail.

'I contacted Red Chillies (the entertainment company owned by Shah Rukh Khan) and someone asked me to mail them my request,' said Bhagyashree as she trains in Kathmandu for the Everest climb.

'But there has not been any answer so far. In Mumbai, people are so busy, it's difficult to catch them,' Bhagyashree told IANS here.

Now, the blue belt in karate and avowed cyclist is keeping her fingers crossed hoping her parents would be able to raise the money.

Of the nearly Rs.3 million required, the Sawants have been able to collect only Rs.600,000, one-third of which has already been spent on equipment.

'I received Rs.100,000 from the chief minister's fund.

'And the sports ministry in New Delhi has promised it would raise some funding through the International Mountaineering Foundation. But the corporate houses said their funds were tied up as this is the closing of the financial year,' Bhagyashree said.

The five-foot-two-inch girl, who weighs 43 kg, would become the youngest Indian woman to scale Everest if she succeeds, breaking the record set last year by fellow Maharashtrian Krushnaa Patil.

The Eco Everest 2010 expedition, which Bhagyashree hopes to join if the funds come through, has two more Indians -- 30-year-old physical education teacher from Haryana Mamata Sodah and 16-year-old New Delhi school boy Arjun Vajai, who would become the youngest Indian male if he reaches the 8,848m peak.

The Class 12 student of the Maharshi Dayanand College dropped her final exams in February for her dream to summit Mount Everest.

'Every time I sat down to study I would dream of Everest.

'My mother realised how pressurised I was and said I could drop the exam this year. She said, 'you can always appear for the exam another time. Go after Everest now',' the elfin athlete said.

Bhagyashree had her first introduction to Everest when she was in Class 4.

Her English textbook carried an article by Bachendri Pal, the first Indian woman to scale Everest. Three years later, the teenager had a glimpse of the peak during an excursion to Mussoorie.

Bhagyashree said she joined the Eco Everest 2010 expedition because of its green factor. She likes to cycle to reachable destinations and when it's too far, she always chooses mass public transport instead of taxis.

Her ideal is Mother Teresa, who dedicated her life to peace and humanity.

Bhagyashree herself volunteers at Manthan, a local organisation for children and juvenile delinquents that takes disadvantaged children on joyful day-trips.

Bhagyashree, however, does not aim to be a record-setter.

'I will be more than happy if other Indian teenagers break my record,' she said.

'No one in Mumbai is interested in sports and adventure. They are only focused on studies. I hope if I summit I will be able to inspire them to at least participate in some adventure camps,' Bhagyashree said.

(Sudeshna Sarkar can be contacted at sudeshna.s@ians.in)
    Second chance..?

thanks khiladi