Page 5 of 556 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: ♛✪✪ Akshay Kumar :Official thread ✪✪♛

Akshay is not a salesman

Not just as an actor and entertainer, but also a businessman and filmmaker, and a brand ambassador and model... it’s his spanking new avatar, one famous face that sells a million dreams, for Bollywood, for television, for brands that see in him an appeal that smacks of action, style and entertainment; plus, original, never-done-before commercials. But personally, while he continues to thrill us with action and delight us with comedy on screen, Akshay, with Hari Om Productions, is now also the savvy Bollywood producer of such box-office hits as Waqt, Namastey London, Singh Is Kingg and De Dana Dan.

This was his father’s dream and his own, to start a production house together... but he wasn’t able to make it come true in time for “Dad”. Now Hari Om Productions makes films as a business... but for Akshay, this is not so much about fortune and fame as it is a love for cinema.

He’s learned valuable lessons from filmmaking that he will take into the next three projects he’s got on the floor – Khatta Meetha, Tees Maar Khan and Patiala House. And one of these lessons is “the best way to the audience’s heart is by making them laugh”. Well, he’s laughing too – all the way to the bank, and if you think he shouldn’t sell himself but to films, the shrewd businessman counters with, “Nearly everything that anyone does in life is always about business. I need to keep my image alive while endorsements need faces to sell their products.” TOI presents Akshay Kumar in his first business interview yet...

In Hari Om Productions, you’re a businessman. Do actors make good producers?

AK: A businessman of commercial cinema, that’s what I am, the main criteria is to make an entertaining film. I want my producers and distributors to earn money. I would not try my hand at businesses I’m not familiar with or confident about. Like trading in the stock market. I know nothing about that. Or buying a cricket team in the IPL. Actors make good producers because when you use your own money, you tend to make sure that nothing and no one stands in your way of making the best film possible. It’s a Hollywood formula. Actors in the West only produce films they’re working in. You know, then, that the film will be completed because you’re in control of things. Your price is also zero. You get what your film earns. That’s what your worth is.

Why are you such a hot and saleable property when it comes to endorsements?

AK: Maybe because I take commercials to another level. I could never just stand in front of a camera and say, “Buy this, hmmm, it tastes good.” And clients see this dedication, this quality in me, and that’s what convinces them to make me their brand ambassador. But I am only in demand for as long as my films are. This can be a very short lived life if one isn’t storming the box office every Friday. It’s the same with cricketers, models, any famous face, if you start to suck at your job you can wave bye-bye to your endorsements.

Isn’t brand endorsement a faster, easier and richer way of making a living than films?

AK: In a way – yes. But if it wasn’t for my films I wouldn’t be such a desirable brand ambassador, would I!

You introduce your brands in your films. Why, so that it’s a win-win situation for both parties?

AK: Absolutely, why not? Everyone needs a helping hand, products need advertising, my films need promoting! My friend Shah Rukh Khan is amazing at win-win situations. He has the best business mind in the industry, he joins hands and makes everyone win, that’s how businesses should function.

On what basis do you accept brand endorsements?

AK: I’m not a salesman. I’m a trusted actor, my work reflects on my image, and my image is what sells the brands. It must always be something I like and trust, love, or thoroughly believe in. If I thought it was bad for people, or dangerous, or basically if I found anything negative to do with the product or the campaign — I’d say sorry, but no thank-you. For example, I would never endorse tobacco, I could never advertise something I know kills people. I could quite easily be the face of many products, but I choose not to sell myself so eagerly. If I come on TV every five seconds advertising yet another brand, I’d become monotonous, nothing special – just another commercial with my face in it. My fans must have full faith in whatever I say and not just think it’s only for my own benefit. Plus I don’t like being owned, if I endorse something it more often than not means I have to give up something else.

Why, because you’re loyal towards your brands?

AK: Well yes, my 501’s have been practically and permanently attached to my now famous behind since I signed with them! I wear them literally everyday. My staff can only clean them while I’m sleeping! Without sounding big headed, I am a very loyal ambassador, you’ll never catch me drinking another cola other than Thums Up. My clients have faith in me to respect and fully endorse their brand, and therefore I do, proudly and loyally.

What are the new brands you’re endorsing?

AK: I’ve just made a new Thums Up commercial and I recently signed Dollar Vest and shot an incredible commercial (“Every man needs a Banyan!”) in Bangkok for them. I’ve just joined hands with LG, that’s something you’re just going to have to wait for. And MicroMax phones, this phone blew me away when I heard about it. I think it’s going to be everyman’s dream phone for sure.

Is television also a form of brand endorsement? Your reality show Khatron Ke Khiladi not only launched Colors but also made it the No. 1 channel today. Would Hari Om Productions do television?

AK: I did the show because it was Fear Factor kind of action. I could never do a quiz show. I got calls to do several shows for a lot of money, but I’d never do something that doesn’t suit my personality or makes me look foolish. And, no, Hari Om Productions won’t do a television show yet. But, you never know. Four, five years ago, I didn’t want to be a film producer. Ten years ago, I didn’t want to do ads. Look at me now!

There is awards for the worsts also.............

NEW DELHI -- India's answer to the Razzies, the Golden Kela Awards, will honor the "best-made-bad films of Bollywood" for the second year according to organizers, humor magazine Random. "Kela" is Hindi for banana.

The awards ceremony will be held March 12 in Delhi hosted by special guest, MTV VJ and comedian Cyrus Broacha.

In a statement, Random Magazine editor Jatin Varma said, "We're expecting a much larger show than last year because of all the crappy films we've had ..."

Winners will be selected via online votes for nominees including worst film contenders "Kambhaqt Ishq" (Damn Love) -- featuring cameos by Sylvester Stallone and Denise Richards -- leading the pack with eight nominations, followed closely by Warner Bros.' debut Bollywood production "Chandni Chowk To China" with seven. Another worst film nominee, underwater drama "Blue" featuring a song by Kylie Minogue titled "Chiggy Wiggy" is also nominated for worst lyrics for lyricist Abbas Tyrewala.

Worst director nominees include "China"'s Nikhil Advani and "Ishq"'s Sabbir Khan along with Ashutosh Gowarikar for flop "What's Your Rashee?" (What's Your Starsign?), Madhur Bhandarkar for "Jail" and Rohit Shetty for "All The Best."

Worst male actors include John Abraham for the Sept. 11-inspired drama "New York," Salman Khan for "Wanted" and Himesh Reshammiya for "Radio."

Worst female actresses include Deepika Padukone for "China" and Priyanka Chopra for "Rashee" alongwith Kareena Kapoor for "Ishq."

Another category titled "Baawra Ho Gaya Hai Ke Award" which loosely translated in Hindi means "Have You Lost It" includes nominees such as "China"'s lead actor Akshay Kumar and director Advani; Sylvester Stallone and Denise Richards for "Ishq" and superstar Shah Rukh Khan for "Billu," among others.

Worst pair nominees include "China's" Kumar and Padukone; "Blue"'s Sanjay Dutt and Lara Dutta and Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan and his son Abhishek for "Paa."

Another category is wittily titled the most "original" story award that includes films inspired by Hollywood and foreign films such as "Aao Wish Kare" ("Let's Wish"), a take on Tom Hanks's "Big"; "Dhoondte Reh Jaoge" ("Keep Looking") inspired by "The Producers"; "Daddy Cool" inspired by "Death At A Funeral"; "Love Aaj Kal" ("Love Then And Now") inspired by Taiwan film "3 Times" and "Dil Bole Hadippa" ("The Heart Says Hurrah") inspired by "She's The Man."

Akshay Kumar signed up as brand ambassador for LG electronics.

If there is one man in Bollywood who is on a roll, then, it has to be him. We are indeed talking about the one and only Akshay Kumar. After having being chosen as the brand ambassador for a million products, Akki is all set to lend his 'Phase Value', this time round to the electronics major LG.

Bollywood Hungama's confirmed sources said, "Akki was always an immediate choice for the said brand, after Abhishek Bachchan." Rumors have it that Abhi's contract was not renewed because he insisted on having his better half Aishwarya Rai as a part of the deal, which LG officials were not too forthcoming about. That's the reason they chose Akshay over Abhishek."

One may recall that, just a few days back, LG had signed up John Abraham, Abhay Deol and Genelia as their Brand Ambassadors for their mobile range. With Akshay now at the helm of things, LG definitely seems to be high on Bollywood power.

Akshay’s Comic Cameo

All you Akshay Kumar fans watch out for his cameo in ‘Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai’ directed by Milap Zaveri.

We will all see ‘Akki’ playing himself as Akshay Kumar the bollywood actor in one of the scenes in the movie. Milap as a writer has worked with Akshay Kumar before in movies like Heyy Babyy and Houseful. Sources say, when he requested Akshay for the role, Akshay had readily agreed to do it.

Sources close to the unit reveal the scene of the movie where Akshay will appear. His character in the scene will be of a lousy actor who always back-bites his co-stars. The scene is between Akshay and Desh who's a superstar played by Ruslaan Mumtaz. The entire scene is shot in lighter vein to depict the actors and their behaviour in Bollywood and we know our Akki, he is a master at making the audience laugh and we can imagine how he would have made it look so funny.

And news that’s just arrived, is Akshay who is currently busy shooting for ‘Patiala House’ directed by Nikhil Advani, accommodated his time and the cameo scene for Milap’s movie was shot at the sets of ‘Patiala House’. That’s a big Wow!

'Housefull' is not a very expensive film: Sajid Nadiadwala.

Sajid Nadiadwala is known for making expensive movies but the producer has tightened the purse strings for his upcoming Akshay Kumar starrer 'Housefull', which he says is not an expensive movie.

Nadiadwala had roped in a string of Hollywood stars including Sylvester Stallone and Bondgirl Denise Richards in his last film 'Kambakkth Ishq' but the Akshay Kumar-Kareena Kapoor starrer failed to create any magic at the box-office.

But despite the presence of stars like Akshay Kumar, Deepika Padukone, Arjun Rampal, Riteish Deshmukh, Lara Dutta and Jiah Khan, this Sajid Khan directed movie was made in a reasonable budget, the producer said.

"Let me state the budget of the film on record here. 'Housefull' is just a 40-45 crores film. It was never an expensive film to begin with," Nadiadwala said.

"My last release 'Kambakkth Ishq' was expensive but that was because it had so many foreign actors. I have been making films for 25 years now and I am not mad to invest in something from where recovery becomes an issue," he said.

Thums Up: Cat & Mouse games
    February 23, 2010 04:17 PM
    Anil Thakraney

Thums Up’s new TVC dabbles in the extreme sport called ‘Parkour’ with a dash of sexual innuendo. Cool mix!

Although Thums Up’s adverts don’t appeal to me… I neither like Akshay Kumar nor his babes nor his drink nor his stunts… I admire the communication for its single-mindedness of purpose. The positioning of the brand and the target audience is crystal clear. Thums Up, unlike Pepsi and Coke, is focussed on grabbing the eye balls of macho studs (read: wannabe macho studs), and the TVCs starring Akshay, babes and the thrills are targeted at only that particular segment. To state it rudely, the all-cash, all-brawn sods with no culture or class. Fair enough.

So, over the past few years, Akshay Kumar has been indulging in dangerous stunts for the brand. He sometimes competes with other studs, on other occasions with his babes, or at times even with himself. The template and the ‘raw’ ingredients are in place. And the only fresh variable each new season offers is the sort of stunt the actor will pull to get the adrenaline going.

Thums Up’s new television commercial has Akshay Kumar dabbling in the extreme sport called ‘Parkour’. Wiki defines the sport as such: ‘Parkour or l'art du déplacement is the physical discipline of training to overcome any obstacle within one's path by adapting one's movements to the environment. It is a non-competitive, physical discipline of French origin in which participants run along a route, attempting to negotiate obstacles in the most efficient way possible, as if moving in an emergency situation.’ Frankly, I have no idea what that means!

What the TVC features is a typical cat-and-mouse chase. Man chases babe. Babe has the Thums Up bottle. Man wants Thums Up. Babe wants man. Man gets babe and Thums Up. Cool! The TVC opens with Akshay Kumar strolling by, sipping his Thums Up. A babe bungee jumps onto him, grabs the bottle, and flies away. The macho man chases her into the air, on his own two feet, and retrieves the ‘treasure’. The madness continues. This time the star is seen riding a bike. The babe grabs the bottle from him and another chase gets underway. The stud grabs a vase from the streets, chucks it at the babe. The babe prefers the vase, and drops the bottle. Akshay skids on his bike to catch the falling bottle. Finally, he grabs the girl from behind and demands to know why the babe follows him everywhere. The girl coos, "So that you can follow me."

Basically, a nonsense, irrational ad, a replica of the nonsense action movies the star often does. But I am pretty sure such advertising works for the targeted audience. The spirit of action, adventure and attitude comes through as always. And it also helps the brand differentiate itself in the crowded cola market.

One more thing: The background track keeps buzzing with the words, ‘Pakkad pakkad’ (catch, catch). And in the last shot, as he clasps the babe from behind, the stud orders her, ‘Kholo!’ (open). The advertiser may officially deny this, but I think there is clear sexual innuendo playing out here. Good idea. What’s the point of all the hard work if it doesn’t lead to a reward?

Akshay-Sajid´s ´Housefull´ With Farhan´s ´Karthik Calling Karthik´.

The most awaited promo of this part of the year is finally here on Friday the 26th Feb 2010. Sajid Nadiadwala’s 'Housefull' directed by Sajid Khan will have its promo being released with the newest release of the week 'Karthik Calling Karthik' .
    This romantic comedy entertainer 'Housefull' is a story of normal people caught in abnormal situations sparked off by a white lie. The film starring Akshay Kumar,Deepika Padukone,Riteish Deshmukh, Lara Dutta, Jiah Khan and Arjun Rampal talks of the world’s unluckiest man trying to find true love to change his luck .
    Additionally as coincidence may have it – both Sajid Nadiadwala and Sajid Khan believe the number 9 is lucky for them –since their previous blockbuster together was Heyy Babyy which also added up to the number 9. Similarly Housefull, their next venture together adds up to the same which is bound to spell magic at the box office.

Talking about the promo says director Sajid Khan “It’s a sheer co-incidence but its true 9 is lucky for me. A trailer is meant to excite audiences enough to get them talking about the film. But as a maker you definitely do not want to give away too much of the story. I’m sure the audiences will enjoy the promo“

And since coincidence seems to be following this lucky duo the trailer cut selected as the final was also the “9th”one.

“Though the earlier cuts were good. Without doubt the 9th was the best “adds Sajid Khan.

Producer biggie Sajid Nadiadwala says “The number 9 is lucky for Sajid Khan and myself. Heyy Babyy was a blockbuster and we are hoping that Housefull will have the same fate”

Sajid Nadiadwala and Sajid Khan ‘s 'Housefull' is here to work its magic this time around, first glimpses of which will be witnessed on the big screen 26th Feb 2010.

Welcome Hit aayo?
    I regret the good things i did for the wrong people

Quote Originally Posted by newzealend View Post
    Welcome Hit aayo?

enthiru chodyama

welcome super hit ayiunnu

padam actuallyu film verum crap ayirunnu
    kore coemdies undenne ullu

but akki kidukki
    My Blog - Click Here :)