Page 363 of 470 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413463 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 4691

Thread: ♛✪♛ KING KHAN Shahrukh Khan official thread.. ♛✪♛

Deconstructing SRK

Ambica

Squeezed into the rear seat of an Audi Q7 with his legs drawn up, Shah Rukh Khan makes for a rather subdued subject matter.There is none of that ‘I-am-a-superstar’ vibe that actors with half his credentials love to throw about when confronted with a decidedly ‘unsuperstar’ like manner of travel.

The chivalrous actor had hopped behind without any hesitation when a malfunctioning seat lever made it difficult for us to hoist ourselves across for an impromptu interview while the Chennai Express star was being shuttled to the Arabian Centre in Dubai to break his fast in the presence of his fans last week.
    Despite admonishments from his team to tend to his bad back, the professional star chose to sit out our 20-minute drive to the mall in the confines of the back seat.
    Considering his next release, the Rohit Shetty-directed action comedy Chennai Express is set partly in a train, we quiz him on the last time he travelled by one.
    “I have to take a train to reach Aryan’s school (Khan and wife Gauri’s eldest son who is currently studying in London) and I go and visit him every second month,” the actor promptly replies.
    What about the local train in India?
    “When I first came to Mumbai I remember taking the train from Madh Island to town during the shoot for Deewana and Baazigar to reach faster.”
    And then almost apologetically, “I am not trying to sound self important…but it would be difficult for me to travel now in a local train in India for practical purposes.”
    But despite this admission, Shah Rukh Khan is also at pains to let us know that his celebrity status does not distance him from the masses.
    “Stardom sometimes takes away the sense of reality,” the actor admits. “I am very unreal. I don’t know how not to travel in a private jet. I don’t know how ten people dress me up. Everybody loves me and takes care of me. And feeds me. I stay in the best hotels in the world. But I know the reality too – I am in touch with the love that people give me. And I return it back as much as I can and as often as I can.”

And it is an emotion that is reciprocated by millions of fans all over the world. But success didn’t come overnight for this actor who made his transition from theatre and television to the big screen in 1992 with Deewana. Then followed a long trudge to the frontline of Bollywood – aided in equal measure by a smart PR machinery and an innate charm and humility that transcended cultures, generations and nationalities.
    And today he reigns as the Badshah of Bollywood – a title he dons with ease. So what, according to him, makes him such a huge success story in an industry where many hopefuls turn up every day for a shot at stardom but fail to ignite any spark?
    “I always say this - trying to give advice on success is like teaching good cooking just by describing it. I can tell youngsters how to go about it, but I feel it will sound clichéd.”
    And then he quotes as if by rote: “You work hard. You don’t look at the results. The process should be more important than the result. You should always believe this is the first day you are getting the chance to work. And this may be your last day at the job. So make it count cause you can be fired after this.”
    A seemingly simple lesson but one that Khan claims to have adhered to in his two dozen odd years in Bollywood. He continues: “You have to be on a very high level of adrenaline. You can’t let that slip, especially in the entertainment business - which does not mean that you are ambitious, negatively or evilly; it does not mean you go over the top, you make yourself seen and heard all the time. No. All you have to do is be on a high level of passion.” That perhaps explains Khan’s reputation as a hyperactive man within industry circles - someone who can get by with minimum hours of sleep and very little food.
    Larger-than-life image

For an actor who started his career playing the average man (be it the happy-go lucky lad in Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, the obsessive stalker in Darr or the love-struck but principled paramour in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Khan has slowly but perceptibly bought into his own re-imagining as the larger-than-life hero. Perhaps an inevitable byproduct of a culture that hero-worships its actors – even if they play the ordinary office-goer (like Khan did in Rab Ne Bana De Jodi) or an NRI who returns to his country (like in Swades). And Khan does play to the gallery at times – whether it is through the roles he chooses or the promotional drive he embarks on each time one of his movies is set to hit the big screen. But there is a sense of gratitude as well when he tells us, “You got to appreciate that, however talented you are, how much ever hard work you put in, how much ever passion you have, in the entertainment business you always get much more in return than you put in.
    Because the love that people have for you – not the ticket sales, not the money, not the limousines or the big house – the love you get is so intangible you will never be able to return it. So you got to retain on the inside a certain level of humility. And humility is not just bowing down and saying ‘salam’. Humility should be at the forefront when you have achieved success.”
    And with private jets to fly him around, world-wide fame and everything money can buy at his disposal, how does Shah Rukh Khan, the superstar, define success?
    “I have never for 22 years bothered about the tangibles that come with stardom. I have always tried to maintain the love and respect – the intangibles – because the tangibles are peripherals. They will follow – the money and the houses - but the number of people collecting at a place to tell you they love you, that is intangible. And that is something you have to respect and love and give back. You have got to give back.”
    And what if things change one day….
    “And why would they?” he asks almost vehemently.
    Then his tone softens: “Life itself would become easier if you don’t have the quest for permanence. So when you know that everything will end one day, why bother about the subsets of life – the good times and the bad times and the happiness and the richness?
    “Life is going to end. That is how Allah made it. The only given by God to you is that this life is going to end. So why are you bothered about the rest. Do what you have to till it ends.”
    An actor. A brand. A philosopher. Shah Rukh Khan is all this and more.
    മേരേ പ്യാരേ...ദേശ് വാസിയോം...യോം...യോം ..യോം ........

Second chance..?

Quote Originally Posted by KHILADI View Post
    arinjille....
    Uske Kathl par mein bhi chup tha meri baari ab aayi
    Mere Kathl par aap bhi chup ho Agla number AApka hein....

പ്രേമിക്കുന്നവന്* അച്ഛനെ പോലെയായിരിക്കണമെന്ന് മകളോട് ഷാറൂഖ്S
    : suhrukahanbമുംബൈ: തന്റെ മകള്* സുഹാനയെ ആരെങ്കിലും പ്രണയിക്കുന്നുവെങ്കില്* അവര്* തന്നെപോലെ ആയിരിക്കണമെന്ന് ബോളിവുഡ് സൂപ്പര്* സ്റ്റാര്* ഷാറൂഖ് ഖാന്*. തന്റെ മകള്* ആരെങ്കിലും ആണ്**സുഹൃത്തായി കണ്ടെത്തുന്നുണ്ടെങ്കില്* അവന്* തന്നെ പോലെയായിരിക്കണമെന്നും ഷാറൂഖ് മകള്* സുഹാനയെ ഉപദേശിച്ചു.
    സ്നേഹിക്കാന്* താന്* നല്ലൊരു മനുഷ്യനാണ്, താന്* മാന്യനാണ്, സ്നേഹിക്കുന്നു, വിദ്യാഭ്യാസമുണ്ട്, മറ്റുള്ളവരുടെ കാര്യങ്ങള്* ശ്രദ്ധിക്കുന്നു. ഇതിനാലാണ് ആണ്**സുഹൃത്തിനെ തെരഞ്ഞെടുക്കുമ്പോള്* തന്നെ പോലുള്ള വ്യക്തിത്വത്തെ കണ്ടെത്തണമെന്ന് പറയുന്നതെന്നും ഷാറൂഖ് പറഞ്ഞു.
    ഇത്തരമൊരു ഉപദേശം തന്റെ മകളോട് മാത്രമല്ല എല്ലാ പെണ്*കുട്ടികളോടും പറയനാകുമെന്നും കിംഗ് ഖാന്* പറഞ്ഞു.

pinnem ahangaram
    Second chance..?

<a href=http://www.forumkeralam.in/forum/signaturepics/sigpic5035_57.gif target=_blank>http://www.forumkeralam.in/forum/sig...pic5035_57.gif</a>