Page 1 of 151 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: >:>:> Mohanlal my fav actor - nithya menon<:<:<Celebrity Quotes on Mohanlal

Thumbs up >:>:> Mohanlal my fav actor - nithya menon<:<:<Celebrity Quotes on Mohanlal

Introduction

This is one area where mammoty fans mostly hated me at nowrunning.com discussion boards. Back then, I used to post comments by various celebrities on Mohanlal, about how they became his fan and all those stuff. Even though Mammotty had a dream run in 2004-05, the fact remained that other than some cine media, no one ever talked about Mammotty. Inspite of being his golden era, and Mohanlal's comparitively dull era, there were many celebrities who, out of nowhere, came up with comments praising Mohanlal, while Mammotty was mostly ignored.

And my bringing these comments to nowrunning, not surprisingly angered Mammotty fans. No fan can tolerate his star being ignored in his golden era. But what can I do? I am not the one who is saying all these. I only consolidate them.

So Mammotty fans looks like it is time for action again. I am resuming the section here. And unlike nowrunning, I have a good number of Lal fans and neutral members, who I believe, will support me by bringing in more and more news on celebrity comments on Mohanlal. Like I always said, I back my arguments with solid proof. Therefore this thread will also have solid proof showing the celebrity comment. So mam fans will never be able to question the authenticity, while they will wander on the net in search of celebrity quotes on Mam.

Celebrity Quotes on Mohanlal

Shahrukh khan via twitter

Shiney Ahuja, Bollywood Actor

G.Madhavan Nair
    Chairman, ISRO
    Secretary, Department of Space

Mohanlal sir's body language is like music - Surya!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7C6ZMx3oWU"]YouTube - Actor Surya praises Mohanlal[/ame]

Naseeruddin Shah's favourites in Malayalam

Actor - Lal
    Director - Adoor Gopalakrishnan

Mohanlal is the finest natural actor in the country. I've great admiration for him - Bachchan again!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdBjXmqdc7o"]YouTube - I have great admiration for Mohanlal - Amithabh Bachan[/ame]

Lal best actor in the country. Mammootty is an actor with limitations - K.B Ganesh Kumar
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo-wr_ZLhsc"]YouTube - Mohanlal better actor than Mammootty - Ganesh Kumar.avi[/ame]

Vijay

High praise for Lal once again from Bachchan!

DAY 624 | bigb.bigadda.com

Ace Cinematographer Azhagappan

Famous Magician Gopinath Muthukad

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBrTv2W4GvE"]YouTube - Gopinath Muthukad: Mohanlal is my best student[/ame]

Director Sibi Malayil

Actress Aishwarya

Prithviraj

Question: Mammootty, Mohanlal..whose acting do you like more?
    Prithvi: Mohanlal

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iDSyEMaidg"]YouTube - Coffee with Anu - Feb 17th - Part 6 of 6[/ame]

Amitabh Bachchan

Quote Originally Posted by Dr House View Post
    anoop menon munpu ithu thurannu paranjittundo ennariyilla.....pakshe it was obvious to all...alle??
    pinnalle.....pulleede actinigilum athu prakadam aaanu !!!!!

Vidhya Balan Big FAN of Mohanlal - YouTube

Last edited by SUDHI; 05-06-2015 at 03:49 PM.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

GuessMe,

It doesnt matter. It depends upon person to person.
    U r rt...there r lot of celebrities who like Lalettan's acting. He indeed deserve that.

At the same time, there r lot of actors who likes/respects Mammootty and his acting.

So I think it is not quite necessary to boost such kind of Celebrity Quotes.

Both Ms r highly respected actors in India.
    We r really lucky to have one of the everbest two actors as our superstars.
    Tamilians have only a KAMALHASAN who is a superstar as well as a very good actor.
    But is he having more value than Rajni, Vijay and all NOW?

Telugu superstars like CHIRANJEEVI, NAGARJUNA, VENKIDESH...whoever it may b..they r big stars..but r they very good actors? There, chaps r making roles for them..not vice versa..they can never expect a KAZCHA or TANMATRA from these superstars

Whatz different in Hindi? Chocolate stars....dancing...having piza from pizahut...ithokkeyalle avarum cheyyunnullu....

So we r really lucky in this aspect..
    Better not to downride either Mammootty or Mohanlal personally by showcasing some VIP quotes and all.
    WHat really i believe is, comparing their acting, or critisizing their starpower is meaningless...

Let us fight for their movies...not for them!
    Last edited by SUDHI; 02-01-2013 at 03:54 AM.

Lalettan has lost his natural touch? WHY?
    -----------------------------------------------
    I am a hardcore Lal fan...I like his movies especially in the mid of 90s or before.
    I became a Lal fan after watching CHITRAM. He excited me through his acting in movies like NamukkuParkkanMundiriToppukal, Chitram, Devahsuram, Tazhvaram, Sadayam, old Sathyan movies.....the list will never be over..

But on today, after watching the first 30minutes of Rasatantram, it again forced me to realize that, somewhere, somehow our lalettan lost his natural acting skills in most of the scenes. Agreed, he is acting very well in complex roles..but when it comes to simple conversations, now a days he is started ACTING.

Let me tell an example:
    WHen Mamukkoya and Innocent was qualrelling, Lalettan is coming in between and trying to make things calm. Ok if Lalettan was Pritwiraj, fine..watever he has performed in that scene is quite ok.
    But how it will be if it was our Old Lalettan? Unforcefully, we will make a smile by watching how lalettan is behaving in that scene. It was 100% natural...when he walks..when he talks,,, I never felt that he was acting in his old movies.
    But especially after CHANDRALEKHA, as a movie buff I started feeling that he is not as natural as before. EVen his voice is also changed.

We should think why. Is it because of his fisic appearance? Or after his throat operation?
    I think it is quite difficult for him to be our old lalettan. :(
    Last edited by Harry; 09-25-2012 at 09:15 AM.

FK Citizen Aravind Mohan Krishnan's Avatar

I dont think he has lost his natural touch. In Thanmathra he was living as Rameshan Nair. He was really natural in Udhayananu Tharam and in some parts of Vadakkumnathan too, especially Oru Kili Pattu molave......

I agree that we will never see our old Lalettan again. The magic that he wielded from 1986 to 1994 (my favorite period in Mohanlal's acting history) can never be recreated...
    'A fantastic, marvellous and unpredictable actor'

Mammotty on Mohanlal

Mr Dhanesh Nair

Nice to see ur sensible posts once again!

Good, Sensible and well behaving Lal fans like Aravind and Dhanesh are giving existance for this forum.
    Dhaneshbhai...welcome back.......good to see your comments about Two M's...joining with you in main
    content.........We have discussed this in nowrunning a lot......and Guess me knows the same we said too..
    So no more comments to expose or reduce one of great M's talents........both of the have proved everywhere like day light........someone's comments is not only the pointer of the great achievements and they dont really needed to get acclaim. :)

Aravind,

In Udayananau Tharam, once the story is started, yes he was behaving as Udayan. His body language, face expressions..everything was perfect. I have no doubt about that. Even I can say that he acted well in UT than Tanmatra.

But at the same time, consider some comic scenes in that movie. First one is "CLimax kitteeee" ennum paranju addeham oodunna scene... another one is making fun with Saleem kumar when sreeni comes and says that he got selected as hero in a new movie.

In those scenes, I didnt feel that he was natural.

But he was quite natural as a failed director, as a good father/husband in Tanmatraa..and so on.

So I can conclude that he lost his natural touch in comic scenes.

Does it make sense?

NB. Aravind, thanks for your support!

FK Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Aravind Mohan Krishnan
    I dont think he has lost his natural touch. In Thanmathra he was living as Rameshan Nair. He was really natural in Udhayananu Tharam and in some parts of Vadakkumnathan too, especially Oru Kili Pattu molave......

I agree that we will never see our old Lalettan again. The magic that he wielded from 1986 to 1994 (my favorite period in Mohanlal's acting history) can never be recreated...
    It is easy for genuises to get bored of the rigmarole of acting in ordinary films....but to say that mohan lal has lost in touch ....oh come on man...let us be reasonable....yes what lal has lost is his physical timing because flexibility of the body is also an important ingredient of a timing in an actor.....with all that added girth around him he surely has lost out a bit on that aspect.......... but tell me one thing guys ...if you have shit films like Vismayathumbuthu or Shaji Kailas craps Natturajavu then what do you expect him to do......is he supposed to use his talent in such below average movies...yes these are films where his commercial instincts took over....juts like with mammootty now with all his current crop of films....

But i completely disagree with this thing on RT.....what we are now seeing is a new Lal...who is still showing same or i would say more intensity but his manner of conveying his expressions may have changed.....(in fact i would say now meera would have realised what she was missing by now acting with such a great actor, she herself was all class in this film) but actors change over a period of time.....

now to expect that lal would do a kilukkam the same way he did more than 2 decades ago is just ridiculous......

Let us enjoy his change in methods...........and it would have been now easier for him to switch to the conventional mode of acting that we find most indian actors doing.........but he did not do it..........he has maintained his unique style but with cosmetic changes to his delivery style.......

Quote Originally Posted by Dhanesh Nair, Kdlr
    Aravind,

In Udayananau Tharam, once the story is started, yes he was behaving as Udayan. His body language, face expressions..everything was perfect. I have no doubt about that. Even I can say that he acted well in UT than Tanmatra.

But at the same time, consider some comic scenes in that movie. First one is "CLimax kitteeee" ennum paranju addeham oodunna scene... another one is making fun with Saleem kumar when sreeni comes and says that he got selected as hero in a new movie.

In those scenes, I didnt feel that he was natural.

But he was quite natural as a failed director, as a good father/husband in Tanmatraa..and so on.

So I can conclude that he lost his natural touch in comic scenes.

Does it make sense?

NB. Aravind, thanks for your support!
    I agree that in comedy he has lost it, but i still feel a good script can get his comedy back, and Sathyan is not a good scriptwriter. Having said that, he is far more natural when he is in serious roles. But two important reasons are there for Lal losing his comedy touch

1. Loss of voice

In many of his comedy movies, Lal used his voice to deliver comedy effectively. Eg. Kilukam, in an unforgettable scene with Jagathy, he said something like "Hai honey......in a very high-pitched voice that is impossible for him now. Also he adopted a completely different voice modulation in Manichitratazhu when he told Vinaya Prasad "Nee dharikumbozhum kulikkum...., and also a lot of whistling in the climax etc etc. After his throat operation, Mohanlal's voice was more suitable for action-oriented movies e.g. Aramtamburan, Narasimham (which I know u dont like ), rather than comedy movies. High-pitched dialogues cannot be achieved with his new voice. But I thought he recovered really well and adjusted his voice efficiently with its limited capabilities.

2. Age/body shape

In RT I felt he looked old and a bit overweight. Many of Lal's comedy movies involved flexible body movements in a slapstick manner e.g. somersaults in Thalavattam. Lal is 46 now, so it would be a bit too much to expect that from him. He needs to watch his weight. In Thanmathra he was perfect and looked quite young. In Keerthi Chakra he has the right weight for the major and in one song scene he even seems to have lost weight. He is also more handsome in Vadakkumnathan (photo shoot and Oru Kili Pattu molave...) but in other scenes again he is a bit old.

Mr Dhanesh Nair, thanks for a nice discussion!
    'A fantastic, marvellous and unpredictable actor'

Mammotty on Mohanlal

Default Re: Celebrity Quotes on Mohanlal

Quote Originally Posted by GuessMe
    Introduction

This is one area where mammu fans mostly hated me at nowrunning.com discussion boards. Back then, I used to post comments by various celebrities on Mohanlal, about how they became his fan and all those stuff. Even though Mammu had a dream run in 2004-05, the fact remained that other than some cine media, no one ever talked about Mammu. Inspite of being his golden era, and Mohanlal's comparitively dull era, there were many celebrities who, out of nowhere, came up with comments praising Mohanlal, while Mammu was mostly ignored.

And my bringing these comments to nowrunning, not surprisingly angered Mammu fans. No fan can tolerate his star being ignored in his golden era. But what can I do? I am not the one who is saying all these. I only consolidate them.

So Mammu fans looks like it is time for action again. I am resuming the section here. And unlike nowrunning, I have a good number of Lal fans and neutral members, who I believe, will support me by bringing in more and more news on celebrity comments on Mohanlal. Like I always said, I back my arguments with solid proof. Therefore this thread will also have solid proof showing the celebrity comment. So mammu fans will never be able to question the authenticity, while they will wander on the net in search of celebrity quotes on Mammu.

Celebrity Quotes on Mohanlal

Different people different attitudes that is all. Some like Mamootty some hate Lal. Nobody born in India and who watched Mammooty movies and evaluated his acting never dislike or never forget Mammootty. Amitab Bachan and soem other super stars they are biased and partial. Mammooty has got 3 National awards and Mr. Amitah Bacher did not utter anything about this great actor. Why? Why he did not count Mammootty among the best? Why Jagathy said Mammootty is not among fexible heros? Answer is simple just acting as blinds and face off the truths and facts. I say , it is a pre-planned lobby work. It is very shameful for the shameless fanatic Lal fans.