Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 6953

Thread: TOLLYWOOD (Telugu)

Banned

Dhada = Blueray screens

Banned

Seematapakai - - ScreenShots

Banned

Businessman in 4 languages ?

Prince Mahesh Babu’s latest blockbuster Dookudu has become such a tremendous success that there is a keen interest in Mahesh Babu in the south Indian film circuit. His upcoming venture with Puri Jagannath, which has been titled ‘Businessman’, has been surrounded by a lot of buzz and expectations.
    The news we are hearing is that ‘Businessman’ will reportedly have a simultaneous release in 4 languages – Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi. This surely is great news for our Telugu Film Industry as we have so far been largely unsuccessful in dominating other film circuits.
    Businessman has recently completed the shooting of the climax block in Goa and the unit will head to some foreign locations to film the songs. The movie is on track for a January 11th 2012 release. Kajal Aggarwal is the heroine for this project and Thaman has scored the music. The movie is being produced on R.R.Movie Makers

Banned

Today Release Poster :Gopi Chand’s Mogudu

Banned

Banned

First look of Sri Rama Rajyam generates buzz :

The first look of one of the most anticipated films in Tollywood, Sri Rama Rajyam, in which Nayanthara plays the role of Sita, is finally out..

The first look has generated lot of buzz among the movie goers..The film which is directed by veteran Bapu, stars Balakrishna, Srikanth, Sai Kumar in prominent roles while music has been scored by Illayaraja..

Sree Ramarajayam is a mythological film based on the great epic Ramayana, whose story begins from the episode when Sita was sent to the forest. Ace actor Balakrishna plays Lord Rama and Nayan will be seen as Sita..

Banned

Shriya Saran attacked in Hyderabad!

2011-11-05 17:37:22
    Last Updated: 2011-11-05 17:41:11

Shriya Saran’s car was attacked in Hyderabad while she was going for a shoot of a Telugu film.
    Shriya states that the Telangana supporters threatened her to say “Jai Telangana” on camera and when she refused, they threw stones at her car and damaged it.
    Shriya was shooting at Agriculture University, along with Allari Naresh.
    Shriya said, "I was shooting for a Telugu film when some people came in saying 'Jai Telengana' and wanted me to say it. I said it because I was concerned for my safety but they insisted that I should say it again."
    Later Shriya tweeted: “How can they break my car, throw stones, stop shoot and threaten me to say Jai Telangana . That to in broad day light, Police staring at all of this! What about freedom and safety? I'm born in India and deserve my freedom and safety is my right! ”
    She later told sify.com: " I am fine but scared in a weird way"

Banned

The Businessman in Tamil, Malayalam

2011-11-04 10:17:22

Mahesh Babu and Puri Jagannadh`s second film - The Businessman is turning out to be mammoth project.

The film has been making news at the breakneck speed at which it was shot and now Puri announces that they are planning to release the movie in Tamil and Malayalam too on the same day of its Telugu release.

The Businessman that began its shoot from September is in final stages of shoot in record time and is gearing up for grand release on Jan 11, 2012. Puri Jagannadh says the movie will simultaneously be dubbed into Tamil and Malayalam languages and release it on the same day.

The film is produced by R R Moviemakers and has music by S S Taman. Kajal Agarwal is the heroine, while Bollywood actress Swetha Bharadwaj is doing an item song.

Amala set to allure

After making her presence felt in Tamil cinema, Amala Paul makes her debut in Telugu with ‘Bezawada'

When Amala Paul celebrated her 20th birthday last week on Deepavali day, it was perhaps the most memorable one for her. Any youngster would be proud of her achievement; an interesting repertoire of seven films at such young age.
    The Malayali actor who primarily works for Tamil movies and is now making her debut in Bezawada with Naga Chaitanya, is a picture of studied confidence and modesty. Be it in Prema Khaidi (Mynaa) in which she displayed amazing innocence, fear and terror of a teenager in love, on the run or her complex third movie Sindhu Samaveli. In Naana (Deiva Tirumagal) her role was brief but she played someone who's older than her age and displays the anxiety of a guardian to a small child being snatched of custody.
    The actor reminiscences, “I was 18 when I was offered Prema Khaidi and my face was sprouting pimples. Prabhu Solomon promised he would remove them on the DI and he didn't. Later he said I look hot with them. My friends were surprised to see me in that role because I'm such a contrast in real life. Shy and romantic expressions never come for me easily.”
    The actor says she didn't struggle for her roles but once she was offered she worked hard to be accepted and to reach this position. Amala has an eclectic mix of DNA from her parents. She claims to be simple and a people's person like her mother, stubborn and forthright like her father. Her mother is a singer and her dad was into theatre and part of a musical band in college.
    After plus two, she appeared for the engineering test but gave into the creative call; she now balances her career between modelling and movies perfectly. She adds, “As a child I would wear a crown and yearn to be the centre of attraction, I even won Ms. Beautiful Smile in a few competitions. Stardom hasn't changed me, it's just my lifestyle that has gone through a transformation. I do have a manager but I don't leave everything to him and at the end of the day remain clueless about which film I'm working in and who my producer is. I don't like to be reminded about what I need to do the next day. I need support to ease a few things but not to lose track of life. I can only say that things happened to me at the right time.”
    In between the conversation she takes 15 minutes off to go to the church. She just landed in town after a commercial shoot in the Andaman. Still glowing in the aftermath of her birthday celebrations, Amala says, “I'm fed up with cutting the cake so many times: had a celebration for movie people, then my friends, then one at home. Now I have to spend more time to burn these calories.”
    Amala's all excited about her forthcoming film Bezawada. “I am Geetanjali. When you know your boyfriend is a rowdy you go back in love but here she is bold and stands by him. I guess Naga Chaitanya is the best launch hero for me in Telugu,” she gushes.

Banned

Sweety celebrates her birthday today

2011-11-07 09:58:33
    Last Updated: 2011-11-07 11:56:07

Kollywood’s ‘numero uno’ heroine, Anushka popularly known among friends as Sweety is celebrating her birthday (November 7) today.

She has enough reasons to host a big bash, as she has become the most sought after actress in Tamil cinema, quietly replacing Nayanthara at the top.

However, the recluse actress, will be holding a very private party at home in Hyderabad. Telugu cinema still remains her first love, though of late box-office wise she is hotter in Tamil.

Today Tamil cinema revolves around her and all top stars are requesting her for her dates. Sweety however remains elusive and will work with only stars who are on the same wave length with her.

At the moment Anushka is doing three Tamil projects. She has an untitled film with Karthi, directed by Suraj, Vikram’s next film titled Thaandavam with Vijay and Selvaraghavan’s untitled film with Arya.

On the ‘Tatkal waiting list’ is Hari’s next, two heroine movie with Suriya, and probably Ajith’s forthcoming film for producer AM Ratnam.

For the first time top hero’s in Tamil are juggling and adjusting their dates to suit Anushka’s ! Karthi has pushed his Saguni which was due in December, as Anushka had given him dates from November 10 for his Suraj film.

Vijay and Vikram are pushing all their commitments and getting ready to shoot in US as Anushka’s call sheet cannot be wasted from December end. Selvaraghavan is making his final script ready before he starts shooting with Sweety in January!

Send in your wishes for the beauty, right here!

Today, Anushka is the highest paid heroine in Tamil cinema. She gets a whopping salary of Rs 1.25 Crore ! The actress is booked till the end of 2012, and has no plans to sign more films in Tamil. She has also to squeeze in her “favourites” in Telugu and also keep some dates freefor a Bollywood project with a big hero.
    What makes her tick in Kollywood ? She proved her mettle as an actress of substance with her superb performance as the lawyer Anuradha in Vijay directed Deivathirumagal. Vettaikaran and Singam where she played the glam girl heroine have been huge hits.
    Sweety is a complete professional and is hassle free keeps a low profile and sticks to her commitments. No doubt she is in great demand.