Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: {Tees maar Khan.....Akshay with Farah....Official thread.}

Default {Tees maar Khan.....Akshay with Farah....Official thread.}

With all the Happy New Year rumours, starring Shahrukh Khan, doing the rounds, Farah Khan of Om Shanti Om and Main Hoon Na fame, has surprised the media and the trade with this shocking announcement. No one really expected Farah to work with anyone except SRK, did we? Well, here’s some breaking news, Farah Khan has dumped SRK and instead will be directing none other than Akshay Kumar in her next!

According to Farah it is her husband Shirish Kunder’s script for the film titled Tees Maar Khan that did the trick. Says Shirish “I wrote this film with Akshay in mind. My first film Jaaneman was with him and we share a good rapport. Initially, I was supposed to direct Tees Maar Khan but since its our first home production, Farah and I decided that I’ll produce it and she’ll direct it.”

On Tees Maar Khan, Farah says “It’s my kind of film and has everything in it — action, comedy and full masala.”

Tees Maar Khan Overview

Starring:Akshay Kumar,Akshaye Khanna,Katrina Kaif.

Director:Farah Khan.

Language:Hindi

Genre:Drama / General.

Banner:Shree Ashtavinayak, Hari Om productions, Three's company

Release Date : Dec 24 2010

With news of the Chopra’s ditching SRK for Ranbir and now Farah for Akshay, it will be interesting to see who SRK decides to work with in the future. It could be a blessing in disguise though, since SRK could very well risk working outside his group of friends at this stage of his career. Would be a refreshing change.
    Last edited by KHILADI; 12-10-2010 at 09:11 AM.
    Second chance..?

Baaki naale ittekkam............KFee sorry.Ithittondirikkumbazhaa KFinte post kandathu.
    Second chance..?

Farah's kids to debut in Tees Maar Khan.

Though brother Sajid Khan just released his directorial venture - Housefull, Farah Khan feels blessed to have her house full with three little toddlers. Though her babies are just a year old, they are all set to face the camera in her upcoming flick, Tees Maar Khan .

Says Farah, “Both me and Shirish (Kunder, her husband) wanted our three lucky mascots to make an appearance in our first home production. But my babies have done nothing in the movie; they have just wasted one whole reel of mine!”

She tells us about her toddlers’ ‘debut’, “We had dressed them up in ghagra-choli and dhoti-kurta and made them sit on a tractor and waved out to them. But they just stared into space. They didn’t look interested in pleasing the crowd. They happily danced around, and once the camera started rolling, my kids just stood there. No amount of cajoling worked with them.”

Tees Maar Khan, which has been written by Shirish, is a story about a smartass. Farah explains, “Tees Maar Khan basically means a smartass, somebody who is extra smart. In the movie, Akshay is playing the role of an international con man.” So, is he a con man who is also a gareebon ka maseeha, a la 70s’ style? “Not at all. He is what you will call a half Robin Hood, because he robs the rich, but doesn’t give the money to the poor! So, the movie is about his exploits,” Farah says.

Now that she mentions Akshay Kumar, we ask her about the whole Akshay-Shah Rukh controversy. “When Shirish wrote the story, he wrote it with Akshay in mind and later when I read the script, we decided that I will direct the film, as we wanted to launch our production company as well. We just went to Akshay with the script,” explains Farah. So, there was no Akshay over SRK issue? “How can it be, when SRK was never approached? It was always Akshay,” Farah clarifies, adding, “Also, I knew that Shah Rukh won’t be able to do this movie, as he was busy with Ra.One and other films.”

Like Akshay, Farah says, Katrina Kaif was the first and only choice for the female lead. “Actually, I wanted a fresh face, and I had all plans to cast a new girl. I’d even thought of having a reality contest to find a new face, but things happened very quickly. We got Akshay’s dates very quickly, and then within three months, we had to do pre-production, set-up our company, record our songs and do everything, so there was no time left to find a new girl, groom her and then launch her. So, we decided to go with an established name, and Katrina was the only name that came to mind for the role of a wannabe item girl, who wants to dance and sing all the time.”

Given that Kat had to meet Farah’s strict dancing standard, how did Kat fare? “She passed with flying colours,” Farah laughs. “It’s such a different role for her - that of a madcap - and she has done full justice to it. Katrina has great comic timing, something that I hadn’t realised earlier. I think it’s very important for an actress to be good at comedy. And she’s danced like a dream, because she goes for every rehearsal and practices like a maniac,” says Farah.

Farah didn’t want Kat, who was seen in a ghagra choli in a still from the film, to look like she usually does. “I wanted to give her a different look. I didn’t want her to wear western clothes and look the same. Also, because she’s playing the role of a wannabe item girl, we thought we’d give her more of an Indian fusion,” she said. Apart from Akshay and Katrina, the film also has Akshaye Khanna. “Not just these three, there are a lot more interesting characters in the movie. Also, there is a train robbery scene, which is very exciting,” shares Farah.

Their production house has also announced two more movies - Alien Sahib and Joker. Farah and Shirish have also decided that all the heroines of their upcoming movies will be named after their two daughters, Diva and Anya. So, Katrina is called Anya in TMK and the heroine in Alien Sahib will be called Diva. Taking family business to another level, eh?
    Second chance..?

Tees Maar Khan Coming In December 2010.
    Last edited by KHILADI; 06-16-2010 at 07:46 PM.
    Second chance..?

It is heard that Kat will be seen in bikini in this film.
    Second chance..?

Katrina Kaif’s catty ways!.

Okay, we all know Katrina Kaif plays a feisty item girl named Anya in Farah Khan’s film Tees Maar Khan. But how many of us know that her character is modelled on a favourite cartoon character of Kat’s.

That Katrina Kaif loves cartoons isn’t secret. Though she has many favourites, her all-time favourite is AristoCats, a Walt Disney production about a family of aristocratic cats that are kidnapped by a butler to gain his mistress’ fortune.

We hear that one of the cat characters from the animation film was the reference point for Kat’s character in ‘Tees Maar Khan’. And the actress must have had no trouble slipping into Anya’s skin and dropping her guard to play the buoyant gal.

And, of course, when the co-star happens to be Akshay Kumar, Katrina is bound to be in her elements.

Tee Hee!
    Second chance..?

Katrina Kaif plays with Farah Khan’s kids.

Katrina Kaif got to indulge in her love for babies on the sets of director Farah Khan’s film Tees Maar Khan. Since the movie was being shot at Malshej Ghat well beyond the outskirts of Mumbai, Farah had taken her triplets, Czar, Anya and Diva along for the long schedule.

And we learnt that the presence of three tots elated Katrina no end.

A small nursery was set up there for the kids to play and after the day’s work Katrina could often be spotted having frolicsome time with the triplets.

In fact, not just Kat, everyone on the sets just fell in love with Farah’s three bundles of joy.
    Second chance..?

Tees Maar Khan – Farah Khan’s Christmas Treat.

While 2009’s Christmas was lit up by Rajkumar Hirani’s ‘3 Idiots’, this year we will be entertained by Farah Khan’s ‘Tees Maar Khan’ (TMK). Yeah, the Akshay Kumar-Katrina Kaif starrer, comedy riot is reported to hit the screens this year on 24th December.
    ‘Tees Maar Khan’ is produced by Shree Ashtavinayak Cinevision Ltd. and Shirish & Farah's home production 'Three's Company Pvt Ltd.'

The film recently had kick started its shooting schedule in Film City. The lady behind ‘TMK’, Farah is quite excited over its making and seems very confident about the outcome as well. She said, “TMK is a very kid friendly, holiday season kind of film, full of fun, big dance numbers and action comedy. It's just the kind of film you'd want to watch in the holidays.”

While the film’s protagonist Akki revealed that the film is their gift to audiences this holiday season. “It's a great film with a great script and with Farah you know you're in for a treat with larger than life scenes, great music and hilarious dialogues. The movie will have you laughing uncontrollably,” remarked Akshay whose banner 'Hari Om Productions' is co-producing ‘TMK’.
    Second chance..?

Robin Hood inspires Tees Maar Khan.

The first look of Farah Khan’s Tees Maar Khan has revealed that the film has a very Robin Hood kind of feel to it. Farah wants to take this classic tale and revamp the subject once again.

Robin Hood was a favourite not only with adults, but children too. Farah is sure that the children are going to lap up this film. Plus Akshay Kumar has done some incredible stunts in this film and she is sure the film will be a hit with the masses,” said a source.
    When contacted Farah Khan said, “Tees Maar Khan is an adventurous saga and may remind the audience of Robin Hood. It is an entertainer just like my other films.”
    Second chance..?

Farah:Tees Maar Khan is totally Shirish's idea.

Farah Khan's TEES MAAR KHAN has been grabbing the headlines ever since its announcement and naturally so as it brings together for the first time the most successful female director Farah Khan with the 'Khiladi , Akshay Kumar. It also has the hit pair of Akshay-Katrina who have an impeccable record together.

Quite a lot of speculations are being made about the movie, its genre etc. and director Farah is quick to clarify that TEES MAAR KHAN is a hard core commercial stuff like her two previous ventures with Shah Rukh Khan, MAIN HOON NA and OM SHANTI OM.

Farah also reveals that the story idea of TEES MAAR KHAN was her hubby Shirish Kunder's, and she went along with the subject as it was to her liking and suited her taste and style completely. Farah credits TEES MAAR KHAN to Shirish saying that it is totally Shirish's baby.

Well, the news that Farah is not deviating from her tried and tested theme of pure entertainment is good and it would be mighty interesting to see how she translates Shirsh's story idea into her third super successful venture!
    Second chance..?