Page 53 of 75 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Brazil Fans Club

Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    njanum oru brazikl fan aanu.............
    Welcome

Scolari is right - Why Brazil should expect to win the World Cup

The veteran coach has every reason to be confident after Robinho inspired the 2014 tournament hosts to a sixth straight win in warm-up matches
    COMMENT
    By Rupert Fryer in Toronto

As his colleagues jogged back into position for the restart, Robinho looked to the heavens and pumped his fists. Thrice. Smiling from ear to ear.

His is a particularly infectious smile. And one that has been seen all week, whether it be teasing Bernard after the little man was nutmegged by David Luiz in training, strolling through the hotel lobby or after backheeling a pass for Hulk to wrap up the 5-0 victory over Honduras.

It was as wide as ever on Tuesday night in Toronto when his goal earned Brazil their sixth straight win - their 13th in 19 games since Luiz Felipe Scolari was once again brought in for a rescue job. He did it in 2002. And right now all signs point to him doing it again.

Almost a year on from his appointment, Brazil look like world beaters. They believe. So does Scolari. "Brazil will be world champions," he said on Saturday as the momentum they built up during a stunning Confederations Cup-winning campaign shows no signs of slowing down.
    SUBLIME SELECAO: BRAZIL IN 2013
    06/02 England 2-1 Brazil
    21/03 Italy 2-2 Brazil
    25/03 Russia 1-1 Brazil
    06/04 Bolivia 0-4 Brazil
    25/04 Brazil 2-2 Chile
    02/06 Brazil 2-2 England
    09/06 Brazil 3-0 France
    15/06 Brazil 3-0 Japan
    19/06 Brazil 2-0 Mexico
    22/06
    Italy 2-4 Brazil
    26/06 Brazil 2-1 Uruguay
    01/07 Brazil 3-0 Spain
    14/08 Switzerland 1-0 Brazil
    07/09 Brazil 6-0 Australia
    11/09 Brazil 3-1 Portugal
    12/10 South Korea 0-2 Brazil
    15/10 Brazil 2-0 Zambia
    17/11 Honduras 0-5 Brazil
    20/11 Brazil 2-1 Chile

The coach known as "the professor" revealed this week he is already certain of as many as 20 of the names that will appear in his 23-man World Cup squad. The group is settled. Their bond appears unbreakable. For all the typical talk of Felipao establishing another "Scolari family", it appears that's exactly what he's done. Defender Maxwell stated "never before have I been part of a squad that enjoy being together so much" - and he's not the only one to do so.

In 12 months, Scolari appears to have solved all the problems suffered by his predecessor, Mano Menezes.

Luiz Gustavo has stepped out of the international wilderness to become a fixture in the holding midfield role. Julio Cesar, despite almost zero playing time for his club, has rediscovered his form to establish himself as No.1. Fred may not be the most glamorous centre forward to have donned the No.9 jersey for the Selecao, but few would bet against him continuing to find the net.

Even in his absence, and with Diego Costa having snubbed Brazil to instead play for Spain, former Manchester City and Everton striker Jo has stepped up to a level few thought he would reach following his Premier League disappointment – prior to the Honduras game, he had averaged a goal every 72 minutes for Scolari.

On Tuesday night at Toronto's Rogers Centre, Brazil faced their biggest test since defeating Spain in June. Chile rode into Canada on the back of a 2-0 victory over England and unbeaten in 10 games under Jorge Sampaoli.

Most importantly, la Roja presented a different sort of threat than many of Brazil's recent opponents. While the likes of Honduras and Zambia have sat back, conceded possession and looked only to stifle Brazil's increasingly prolific attack, Chile took the game to them.

"We won't change our style," said Sampaoli when I asked him before the game whether they would be more cautious after seeing Brazil breeze through Spain's high press in the Confederations Cup final.

After an opening 20 minutes in which Brazil dominated, Sampaoli made an early and shrewd substitution, withdrawing Jose Pedro Fuenzalida, a passenger in midfield, for playmaker Jorge Valdivia. From then on Chile regained control of possession and Brazil had to adapt. But adapt they did, ceding possession to play on the counter-attack.

And they were devastating. "We could have won by more," said Scolari. Had Willian chosen a better pass when they were through three-on-two, had Robinho taken his chance when one-on-one with Bravo, had Neymar not strayed in from an offside position to backheel home from close range, then they would have done.

Perhaps most importantly was the tactical flexibility Brazil displayed on Tuesday. Ramires' reintroduction has seen them switch between a 4-2-3-1 and a flat 4-3-3 in recent matches and, though some criticise some of the weaker opposition they have faced, they have provided excellent preparation for a World Cup in which many will seek to simply to stop the hosts from playing.

This result, coupled with the victory over Spain, shows that Scolari's Brazil can mix it up.

"I think we will win the World Cup," said one prominent Brazilian journalist as he waited for Big Phil's press conference on Tuesday. He's not the only one.

Scolari is right - Why Brazil should expect to win the World Cup

The veteran coach has every reason to be confident after Robinho inspired the 2014 tournament hosts to a sixth straight win in warm-up matches

COMMENT
    By Rupert Fryer in Toronto

As his colleagues jogged back into position for the restart, Robinho looked to the heavens and pumped his fists. Thrice. Smiling from ear to ear.

His is a particularly infectious smile. And one that has been seen all week, whether it be teasing Bernard after the little man was nutmegged by David Luiz in training, strolling through the hotel lobby or after backheeling a pass for Hulk to wrap up the 5-0 victory over Honduras.

It was as wide as ever on Tuesday night in Toronto when his goal earned Brazil their sixth straight win - their 13th in 19 games since Luiz Felipe Scolari was once again brought in for a rescue job. He did it in 2002. And right now all signs point to him doing it again.

Almost a year on from his appointment, Brazil look like world beaters. They believe. So does Scolari. "Brazil will be world champions," he said on Saturday as the momentum they built up during a stunning Confederations Cup-winning campaign shows no signs of slowing down.
    SUBLIME SELECAO: BRAZIL IN 2013
    06/02 England 2-1 Brazil
    21/03 Italy 2-2 Brazil
    25/03 Russia 1-1 Brazil
    06/04 Bolivia 0-4 Brazil
    25/04 Brazil 2-2 Chile
    02/06 Brazil 2-2 England
    09/06 Brazil 3-0 France
    15/06 Brazil 3-0 Japan
    19/06 Brazil 2-0 Mexico
    22/06
    Italy 2-4 Brazil
    26/06 Brazil 2-1 Uruguay
    01/07 Brazil 3-0 Spain
    14/08 Switzerland 1-0 Brazil
    07/09 Brazil 6-0 Australia
    11/09 Brazil 3-1 Portugal
    12/10 South Korea 0-2 Brazil
    15/10 Brazil 2-0 Zambia
    17/11 Honduras 0-5 Brazil
    20/11 Brazil 2-1 Chile

The coach known as "the professor" revealed this week he is already certain of as many as 20 of the names that will appear in his 23-man World Cup squad. The group is settled. Their bond appears unbreakable. For all the typical talk of Felipao establishing another "Scolari family", it appears that's exactly what he's done. Defender Maxwell stated "never before have I been part of a squad that enjoy being together so much" - and he's not the only one to do so.

In 12 months, Scolari appears to have solved all the problems suffered by his predecessor, Mano Menezes.

Luiz Gustavo has stepped out of the international wilderness to become a fixture in the holding midfield role. Julio Cesar, despite almost zero playing time for his club, has rediscovered his form to establish himself as No.1. Fred may not be the most glamorous centre forward to have donned the No.9 jersey for the Selecao, but few would bet against him continuing to find the net.

Even in his absence, and with Diego Costa having snubbed Brazil to instead play for Spain, former Manchester City and Everton striker Jo has stepped up to a level few thought he would reach following his Premier League disappointment – prior to the Honduras game, he had averaged a goal every 72 minutes for Scolari.

On Tuesday night at Toronto's Rogers Centre, Brazil faced their biggest test since defeating Spain in June. Chile rode into Canada on the back of a 2-0 victory over England and unbeaten in 10 games under Jorge Sampaoli.

Most importantly, la Roja presented a different sort of threat than many of Brazil's recent opponents. While the likes of Honduras and Zambia have sat back, conceded possession and looked only to stifle Brazil's increasingly prolific attack, Chile took the game to them.

"We won't change our style," said Sampaoli when I asked him before the game whether they would be more cautious after seeing Brazil breeze through Spain's high press in the Confederations Cup final.

After an opening 20 minutes in which Brazil dominated, Sampaoli made an early and shrewd substitution, withdrawing Jose Pedro Fuenzalida, a passenger in midfield, for playmaker Jorge Valdivia. From then on Chile regained control of possession and Brazil had to adapt. But adapt they did, ceding possession to play on the counter-attack.

And they were devastating. "We could have won by more," said Scolari. Had Willian chosen a better pass when they were through three-on-two, had Robinho taken his chance when one-on-one with Bravo, had Neymar not strayed in from an offside position to backheel home from close range, then they would have done.

Perhaps most importantly was the tactical flexibility Brazil displayed on Tuesday. Ramires' reintroduction has seen them switch between a 4-2-3-1 and a flat 4-3-3 in recent matches and, though some criticise some of the weaker opposition they have faced, they have provided excellent preparation for a World Cup in which many will seek to simply to stop the hosts from playing.

This result, coupled with the victory over Spain, shows that Scolari's Brazil can mix it up.

"I think we will win the World Cup," said one prominent Brazilian journalist as he waited for Big Phil's press conference on Tuesday. He's not the only one.

Thiago Silva: I dreamt of being a forward
    (FIFA.com) Thursday 5 December 2013

Out of the 23-man shortlist for the FIFA Ballon d’Or 2013, only one plays behind midfield. The honour falls to Thiago Silva, winner of the FIFA Confederations Cup with Brazil. Ahead of the announcement of the three best players of the year, the 29-year-old talked to FIFA.com and revealed he had always dreamt of being a forward and only became a centre-back out of necessity.

The man nicknamed 'The Monster', a moniker he picked up at Fluminense, told of his pride at being nominated among the best in the world and acknowledged it was a tough job competing for the Ballon d’Or against attackers such as Zlatan Ibrahimovic, his team-mate at Paris Saint-Germain. Nevertheless, Thiago believes he could be an even stronger candidate for the trophy in 2014, if he achieves another dream: winning the FIFA World Cup™.

FIFA.com: How do you feel being among the 23 Ballon d’Or finalists?
    Thiago Silva: Above all else it fills me with a sense of pride. It’s an honour to be in this group. Just being one of the 23 is immensely satisfying. I know it’s difficult to win it, but nothing is impossible.

Forwards always get more exposure. Does the fact you are on the shortlist as a centre-back make it even more special?
    Very much so. If you look at the list there is only one centre-back. It makes me even prouder to be amid all those star names. Competing against forwards is complicated. People tend to overlook other positions. Having said that, the forwards have worked hard to be there.

Does it bother you?
    It’s natural. When I dreamt of being a footballer I dreamt of being a forward, but I wasn’t talented enough. I started off as a right-winger, but my coaches pushed me further and further back. So much so that I ended up in defence, because I wasn’t good with my hands and there was nowhere else to go! So they put me there and that’s when I found my position.

Which of the 11 positions is the most difficult to select to form a team?
    In attack. There are great forwards around. It’s certainly tough leaving out a Cavani or a Suarez. Neymar is a magnificent player, then you have Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Ibra. What can you do?

The last defender to win the Ballon d’Or was Fabio Cannavaro in the year Italy won the World Cup. Do you think the same thing can happen to you in 2014?
    If we become world champions it may open the door to this award, although I think it would be difficult. Every ten years a centre-back may win it once. You never know what tomorrow brings, but I realise it’s very tough. What I’m thinking about is playing well to provide my team with a solid foundation to win games. What I’m thinking about is winning the World Cup. If this puts me among the best again, I’ll be very happy.

A Seleção does not have a traditional midfield orchestrator. Does this make it even more vital to have defenders like you, who can distribute the ball well and even set attacks in motion?
    This is important for any team. Centre-backs with good technique can move the ball forward, even when under pressure. I’m talking about myself and also the players around me. David Luiz, Marcelo besides him, or Maxwell. On my side I have Daniel [Alves] or Maicon. In goal, we have one of the best in the world, Julio Cesar. I’m surrounded by great players. Then looking ahead, you have Luiz Gustavo and Paulinho. This gives any player confidence to bring the ball out of defence. It’s no use having good technique if you haven’t got players around you who can help in this task.

So if you don’t trust a fullback or a holding midfielder you clear the ball upfield?
    Centre-backs usually get criticised for clearing the ball long, but it’s easier doing this than risking a pass. If you lose the ball at the back, it’s almost a goal. Most centre-backs don’t risk this kind of game, depending on the holding midfielder in front.

Thiago Silva..Best CB in the world

7. Likes reality liked this post

Willian: The perfect year

(FIFA.com) Wednesday 15 January 2014

© FIFA.com

At the end of 2012, as Willian considered what the future might hold, he could hardly have imagined how much things would change in just a short space of time. In a matter of months, however, the life of the player from the state of Sao Paulo was to turn upside down. Between February and August, he played for three teams in three different countries, was involved in one of the biggest transfers in recent years, and ended the year by representing his country, giving impressive displays in the games against Honduras and Chile. It was definitely a case of out with the old, in with the new.“My life changed a lot this year. But it was a great year too, and I’m really happy where I am right now,” Willian told FIFA.com. “I always dreamed about signing for a big club like Chelsea and playing for Brazil, and now it’s all coming true. I think I played well in the friendlies, and I managed to get on the scoresheet... so all in all, it’s been a great year.”Not everything, however, went according to plan. His transfer from Shakhtar Donetsk to Anzhi Makhachkala, for example, did not turn out as he had hoped, and the four year contract he signed in February ended up lasting only six months. As the Russian team sold off its stars, Willian was on the move again, this time to a club that he had admired for years, for the huge fee of €35 million.Chelsea, after all, had shown an interest in signing him many times in the past, but Shakhtar had always rebuffed their advances. In the end patience, and a few twists of fate, were needed before he made it to London.“I kept an eye on Chelsea’s fortunes after they first tried to sign me. I developed a bit of a soft spot for the club. The problem was that Shakhtar didn’t want to let me go. And then Anzhi came in and met my release clause fee,” he explained. “But that made my desire to play for Chelsea all the stronger. It took a while, but now I’m here, and I couldn’t be happier.”Star quality
    With so much upheaval, it was not just the midfielder’s air miles account that grew. He also gained a lot from working with respected coaches such as Guus Hiddink, Jose Mourinho and Luiz Felipe Scolari. He learnt a tremendous amount from Hiddink in a short period of time, but now the former Corinthians man feels even more at home, working with a coach who, literally and figuratively, speaks the same language. “My first impressions of Mourinho were really positive. He is one of the best coaches in the world and he said that he was delighted that I had come to Chelsea, and that he liked the way I play,” he recalled. “We talk a lot, and it’s really helping me. I’m learning so much.”
    I want to win trophies with Chelsea, and win the World Cup too. That would be a perfect year, the best of my life.
    Willian, Brazil and Chelsea midfielder.

Surrounded by fellow Brazilians David Luiz, Oscar and Ramires, Chelsea has proven the perfect fit for Willian. On the field, he has already begun to repay that big transfer fee with goals – the first a terrific strike against Norwich City in October – and his impressive displays have made Chelsea title contenders in both the English Premier League and the UEFA Champions League, where the team will face Galatasary in the last 16.Rather than be intimidated by the presence of so many top players, Willian has thrived, turning the pressure into a positive factor. “At Shakhtar I was already established and was comfortable with the way the team played. Here I have to push myself twice as hard, because there are so many great players around me,” he said. “But I like the pace of the game in England, and the tackling. I’m getting better every day and I know that I can’t relax: if I play well in one game, I have to do even better the next time out.”Pushing on
    Perhaps it was his determination not to take his foot of the pedal that helped Willian have such a successful year in 2013. The last of his achievements – a call-up to the Brazil squad – was partly a result of the twists of fate mentioned earlier. Playing his club football alongside three of Luiz Felipe Scolari’s key men has put Willian right in the national team spotlight. It is no coincidence that he was selected for the squad after just a few weeks in England. “It has worked out perfectly. Everything has slotted into place,” he smiled.After coming on as a second half substitute against Honduras, Willian continued his rise by playing a decisive role in Brazil’s handsome 5-0 win. A few days later, he played on the left once again in a side trying out a formation without a true No9 – Jo was taken off on both occasions – something that the versatile midfielder sees as a positive factor.“It’s great that the team can play with a number of different formations, with either a traditional centre-forward or with a more mobile attacker alongside some pacy midfielders. It was important for the coach to experiment with both set-ups,” he explained. “Everyone who came into the team played well. Having versatile players and being comfortable with different styles of play just makes us stronger. The result is that we’re enjoying our football and there’s a great atmosphere in the dressing room. And that’s all down to the manager.”Willian knows that he is in the thick of the race for the last few places in Brazil’s FIFA World Cup 2014™ squad, and that this year could turn out to be even more exciting than last year. Playing in the World Cup at home is an enticing prospect for the midfielder. “Last year was good, but I hope that 2014 is going to be even better. I want to win trophies with Chelsea, and win the World Cup too,” he said. “That would be a perfect year, the best of my life.”

ബ്രസീൽ നു പ്രതിഭയ്ക്ക് എന്നെങ്കിലും ഒരു കുറവുണ്ടായിട്ടുണ്ടോ reality

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    ബ്രസീൽ നു പ്രതിഭയ്ക്ക് എന്നെങ്കിലും ഒരു കുറവുണ്ടായിട്ടുണ്ടോ reality
    ബ്രസീലിന് എല്ലാ കാലത്തും പ്രതിഭകളുടെ ഒരു നിര തന്നെ നിലവിലുണ്ടാകും..ആരെ തിരഞ്ഞെടുക്കണമെന്ന കൺഫ്യൂഷനാണ് കോച്ചിന്. ഈ വേൾഡ്കപ്പ് ടീമിന്റെ ഡിഫൻസീഫ് മിഡ്ഫീൽഡ് തന്നെ എന്താ ഒരു ശക്തി.. പൌളീഞ്ഞോ,റാമിറസ്,ലൂയിസ് ഗുസ്താവോ,ഫെർണാൻഡീഞ്ഞോ, ഇപ്പൊ ദാ വില്ല്യനും :)