Page 56 of 75 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Brazil Fans Club

Quote Originally Posted by moovybuf View Post
    Ithil skill n tricks ulla otta player illallo. Like a kaka or rivaldo in the past. ..
    Why even coutinho was overlooked? Paulinho/fernadino/Gustavo okke enthinaa
    Looks like a very labouring midfield. Mourinho wud luv it

To be honest neymar is the only "Brazilian" in the squad ..
    What do you mean by skill?PLayers like Lucas Moura??who will dribble around 3-4 players and reach the opposition penalty box and then forgets what to do with the ball?
    In my opinion this midfield is arguably the most versatile and strong midfield in the WC.Players like Oscar,Hernanes, Fernandinho can defend as well as pass/attack. Gustavo is the most defensive of the lot and he is tactically very disciplined to give cover to full backs and CBs.This team is formed to play with high intensity and to win the ball back in the opposition half itself .They are allowed to foul and give away free kicks away from own half.This formula worked wonders for the past one and half years.Why should the coach change now?
    The same formula helped them beat Italy,Spain,France,Uruguay,Mexico etc. in the past 16 months.
    Last edited by nettooran; 05-08-2014 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reality View Post
    paulinho and gusthavo confederation cupil kidukkiyirunnu.. ore samyam offensive and defencive playersineyanu innathe kalikkavashyam.. paulinho yokke goalidakkanum midukkananu.. fernandiho cityil maraka formilanallo.. bullet shotukal golakkunna star aanu... malsram nockout stagilethikkazhinjal ithu pole goaldikkunna tharangal athyavshyamanu.. still and trick playersinekkal practically goal score cheyyan abilityulla palyersanu worldcup polulla tournamentukalkku anuyojyam... scolarikkariyam engane jayikkanamennu :)
    kaathirunnu kaanaam

Quote Originally Posted by jack sparrow99 View Post
    This brazilian midfield lacks creative players..scolari should've considered coutinho...it would be a tough job for neymar&co..
    Coutinho won't suit the current Brazilian setup (tactically)and he is not very consistent either.There are more than enough creative players in the squad like Hernanes,Oscar,Hulk,Marcelo etc. and even Neymar do create a lot of opportunities.
    What this team lacks is a killer striker.Fred has done his job very well in the past one year.Hopefully he will continue that into the WC.

Comapre this with Argentina team.Which has Messi,Augero,Lavezzi,Di Maria ,Higuin etc...All attacking players.But the team is not balanced because of lack of defensive players/players who work hard to get the ball back.Another issue with Argentina is player's height which is very crucial in defending set pieces.
    Last edited by nettooran; 05-08-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nettooran View Post
    What do you mean by skill?PLayers like Lucas Moura??who will dribble around 3-4 players and reach the opposition penalty box and then forgets what to do with the ball?
    In my opinion this midfield is arguably the most versatile and strong midfield in the WC.Players like Oscar,Hernanes, Fernandinho can defend as well as pass/attack. Gustavo is the most defensive of the lot and he is tactically very disciplined to give cover to full backs and CBs.This team is formed to play with high intensity and to win the ball back in the opposition half itself .They are allowed to foul and give away free kicks away from own half.This formula worked wonders for the past one and half years.Why should the coach change now?
    The same formula helped them beat Italy,Spain,France,Uruguay,Mexico etc. in pat 16 months.
    Oscar and Fernandinho are really good , hadn't seen that much of Hernanes

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    Oscar and Fernandinho are really good , hadn't seen that much of Hernanes
    Hernanes is the most versatile player of that midfeild.He can play as a number 10 as well as a defensive midfielder or a deep lying play maker.He is very good at set pieces and long range free kicks and can score goals from outside penaty box.I think he will be mostly a backup for Oscar in the tournament.

Brazil..

Quote Originally Posted by nettooran View Post
    The same formula helped them beat Italy,Spain,France,Uruguay,Mexico etc. in the past 16 months.
    Does this midfield and forwards really excite u as a Brazilian fan ?

Wat I meant was te midfield dosent have any spark in them. All of them r good in their own right, but none that u normally associate with brazil.
    Oscar when I watched him first was good. But not sure if the mou/Chelsea effect has had negative impact on him. Not the same player.
    Paulinho shud not have been selected simply for playing reasons. In epl itself coutinho has been far better.
    Even fernadinho is always deployed as defensive in city.

How is hernanes? Haven't seen him play but rest all are nothing to be scared of. And the forwards except for neymar who is world class there ?

I don't think brazil can go beyond the QF with this team especially their possible ko rnd teams cud all be big guns.

Wat I meant was te midfield dosent have any spark in them. All of them r good in their own right, but none that u normally associate with brazil.
    Oscar when I watched him first was good. But not sure if the mou/Chelsea effect has had negative impact on him. Not the same player.
    Paulinho shud not have been selected simply for playing reasons. In epl itself coutinho has been far better.

How is hernanes? Haven't seen him play but rest all are nothing to be scared of. And the forwards except for neymar who is world class there ?

I don't think brazil can go beyond the QF with this team especially their possible ko rnd teams cud all be big guns.
    2nd round. Spain or Holland. avide veezhum.

A team that has no hopes after second round.

The same team that doesn't convince you have convincingly beaten Spain,Italy,Uruguay,France,Mexico etc. .Even an average team while playing at home is tough to beat.
    In my opinion this is the most balanced Brazilian team ( which actually has depth) since 2002.This team is strong enough to beat all big guns but might struggle against teams who park the bus.So as a Brazilian fan I worry more about teams like Mexico, Switzerland,Italy etc... than Spain,Argentina or Germany.
    Club form has nothing to do with NT form.Having some club superstars doesn't mean that they can replicate that form into the NT.It had been proven many times. In that case Portugal should win this world cup.
    About Coutinho- he is too inconsistent and won't fit tactically into this Brazilian team.Fred may not be an Augero or Messi but he has scored 10 goals in 9 games for Brazil.As a poacher he doesn't have to do anything more.Neymar's scoring record for Brazil is excellent too.This team may not be the strongest on paper -But at home this is a team to beat.