View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Man Utd player ?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bobby Charlton

0 0%
  • George Best

1 8.33%
  • Ryan Giggs

4 33.33%
  • Peter Schmeichel

0 0%
  • David Beckam

2 16.67%
  • Eric Cantona

1 8.33%
  • Roy Keane

1 8.33%
  • Ruud Van Nistelrooy

1 8.33%
  • Wayne Rooney

2 16.67%
  • Any Other

0 0%
Page 102 of 357 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3568

Thread: Manchester United - Fans Corner

Man Utd won their first game in U-21 Barclays Premier League against Tottenham Hotspurs..

FT: Manchester United 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspurs

Reds set for European draw

Manchester United's three opponents in the Champions League group stages will be confirmed when the draw takes place in Monaco on Thursday afternoon (from 16:45BST).
    Whoever the Reds are bundled with, qualification to the knockout phase will be the minimum target after a disappointing 2011/12 campaign when United failed to progress past the group stage - and later bowed out of the Europa League at the hands of Athletic Club.
    'We're better than that,' Sir Alex told us over the summer. 'That won't happen again. We'll qualify from the group stages. I'll make sure of it. We need to make a statement and show everybody last season was just a blip.

Here, we cast an eye over the draw's four pots to see where the potential pitfalls lie...
    Pot 1: Chelsea, Barcelona, Man United, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Porto, AC Milan
    Each group (A to H) is populated with one team from each pot, so United are at least assured of avoiding all the above 'big guns'.
    Pot 2: Valencia, Benfica, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit St Petersburg, Schalke, Manchester City, Braga, Dynamo Kyiv
    We can rule out Manchester City for starters. UEFA rules stipulate teams from the same association can't be drawn against each other in the group stages. Of the remaining seven clubs, Sir Alex will want to avoid long trips to St Petersburg, Kyiv and Donetsk, while the Reds twice failed to beat Benfica in last season's competition. United have beaten both Valencia and Schalke in recent seasons, with Braga the only 'surprise' element here: the Reds and the Portuguese outfit have never met.

Pot 3: Ajax, Anderlecht, Juventus, PSG, Olympiacos, Lille, Galatasaray, Spartak Moscow
    Between them, Ajax and Juventus have won the competition six times, so there's plenty of European heritage here. Nobody will want to draw big-money spenders Paris Saint Germain, either - they've signedsome of Europe's best talent this summer. Fellow French side Lille also shouldn't be underestimated, even if they are now without star man Eden Hazard. With Galatasaray and Olympiacos promising hostile receptions and Spartak Moscow involving long-haul travel, Anderlecht looks the most appetising option.
    Pot 4: Borussia Dortmund, Celtic, BATE Borisov, Dinamo Zagreb, Malaga, Montpellier, Nordsjalland, CFR Cluj
    If you want lesser-known clubs, rags-to-riches stories and trips to out-of-the-way locations, Pot 4 often comes up with the goods. This year, Belarus, Croatia and Romania all boast representatives, while Malaga (Spain), Nordsjalland (Denmark) and Montpellier (France) are Champions League newcomers. The strongest footballing side is undoubtedly German champions Borussia Dortmund (avoid! avoid!), while Malaga and Celtic also have the potential to cause an upset. You'd fancy United most against Danish champions Nordsjalland and CFR Cluj, while trips to Dinamo Zagreb and Borisov should also yield positive results.
    Follow the draw on ManUtd.com with live text commentary from 16:45 BST on Thursday.
    Last edited by solomon joseph; 08-30-2012 at 07:37 PM.

5. Likes Giggs liked this post

Manchester United have been drawn at home against Newcastle United in the Capital One Cup 3rd round. The competition is formerly known as the Carling Cup

Here are the official dates for our Champions League games:

Galatasaray (HOME) 19 September, Cluj (AWAY) 2 October, Braga (HOME) 23 October, Braga (AWAY) 7 November, Galatasaray (AWAY) 20 November and Cluj (HOME) 5 December.

SAF just said""We have the experience of playing against Galatasaray in the past and we will always remember the'Welcome to Hell'banners. So it's always a difficult type of match"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNN7VFOn1aw]galatasaray welcome to HELL atmosphere - YouTube[/ame]

揑 rejected City抯 offer to play for the best club in the world. My time in United is over and I should find another place. Right now I don抰 feel complete. I抦 not a bench player, so obviously my time at United ended. My goal in my life was to reach the top and Manchester United was exactly this. I wouldn抰 do something like [what Tevez did]. Tevez did it out of spite. I had the opportunity to sign for City but I chose United. City are the champions but to me they just bought the title. I抦 sure next year Manchester United will be on top again. Ferguson is honest. He knows how to talk to anyone. After meeting with him you go out so motivated. You want to conquer the world. I was fighting for my place and I was trying but obviously the team will rely on young players.

- Dimitar Berbatov

Here are Manchester United's INS and OUTS for the Summer2012 transfer window.

[IN] Shinji Kagawa. Fee: 12,000,000.
    [IN] Robin Van Persie. Fee: 24,000,000.
    [IN] Nick Powell. Fee: 6,000,000.
    [IN] Angelo Henrique. Fee: 4,000,000.
    [IN] Alexander B黷tner. Fee: 3,900,000
    [IN] Sean Gross. Fee: 100,000.

[OUT] Park Ji-Sung. Fee: 2,500,000
    [OUT] Dimitar Berbatov. Fee: UNDISCLOSED (Rumoured to be around 4,000,000).
    [OUT] Paul Pogba. Fee: Released/Free.
    [OUT] Tomasz Kuszczak. Fee:Released/ Free.
    [OUT] Oliver Norwood. Fee: 400,000.
    [OUT] Ritchie De Laet. Fee: 1,000,000.
    [OUT] Matthew James. Fee: 1,000,000.

Total amount spent: 50,000,000.
    Total amount gained: 8,900,000.

Galatasaray vs United In 1993 in Istanbul !!!