View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Man Utd player ?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bobby Charlton

0 0%
  • George Best

1 8.33%
  • Ryan Giggs

4 33.33%
  • Peter Schmeichel

0 0%
  • David Beckam

2 16.67%
  • Eric Cantona

1 8.33%
  • Roy Keane

1 8.33%
  • Ruud Van Nistelrooy

1 8.33%
  • Wayne Rooney

2 16.67%
  • Any Other

0 0%
Page 233 of 357 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 3568

Thread: Manchester United - Fans Corner

Banned

Pogba's game by numbers vs. Arsenal: 100% tackles won 3 tackles 2 clearances 2 dribbles 2 assists 1 shot 1 red card What a performance up until the 74th min.

De Gea has made 14 saves against Arsenal. No goalkeeper has managed more in a single game in the Premier league history. (@StatmanDave)

Jose: "I told him (De Gea) what I saw today was the best goalkeeper in the world."

David De Gea's 14 saves is the most by a keeper in the PL this season, & double his previous most in a PL game in 2017-18 (7 v Chelsea)

Lingard's stats in the 3-4-1-2: 254 mins played 42 mins per goal / assist 5 goals 1 assist Found his role.

Valencia Pogba assist
    Lingard Martial assist
    Lingard Pogba assist
    Dave Saves
    Important win
    Mourinho?s United
    United 3 Arsenal 1

@LiamPaulCanning
    Nemanja Matić proving his worth every single game. Once again, he has been phenomenal. Big game player for Jos? Mourinho.

You can say whatever you like about Neuer, Buffon, Donnaruma, the cat from that GIF... I. Don't. Care. David De Gea, best keeper in the world. Stop it

@piersmorgan
    Pogba absolutely bossing the midfield, exposing Ramsey & Xhaka as utter lightweights. Embarrassing.

Jose Mourinho: 'I think it was a phenomenal game. I loved the way my team played and fought. But I have also to say that Arsenal played in some periods amazing attacking football, creating difficulties for us.

@FullTimeDEVILS
    Remember when Ashley Young out-performed Angel di Maria and exiled his ass out of the starting XI under Louis VG? Sad to say it, but it seems like the same scenario happening with Lingard and Mkhitaryan.

Rio Ferdinand on David de Gea: ?The best in the world. I don?t care. How is he making those saves??

Banned

CSKA game might be perfect to try Lindelof in midfield

We have to stop them from scoring lots of goals and then try out how herrera and Fellaini can do the job vs city!

A midfield of lindelof fellaini and herrera might be tried

Mkhi Rashford Mata
    Herrera Lindelof/Mctominay/Carrick Fellaini
    Blind/Shaw Tuanzebe Rojo/Jones/Bailly Darmian
    Romero

Hopefully Carrick/Jones/Bailly could get some minutes or even start if they are fit enough!!

Shaw looks set to leave utd..but may be he gets some more chances to impress?
    Last edited by perumal; 12-03-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Banned

United could be missing three key players for the manchester derby

Pogba ..Bailly...Jones...

Hopefully bailly or jones or both r available & gets chance vs CSKA n get prepared for city tie!

Smalling could be a soft target for aguerro
    And Lindelof might find it hard vs Sane

Bailly & jones when fully fit vs aguerro n sane could have been some duel!
    Last edited by perumal; 12-03-2017 at 08:12 PM.

Banned

Meanwhile,James Wilson is on some scoring streak for the reserves 😍

6 goals in last 6 games for the lad.. hopefully he gets to make a comeback to the first team when the time is right!

Burst of pace .. finishing and movement is still as good as it was before his injury 😍😍

Quote Originally Posted by perumal View Post
    Meanwhile,James Wilson is on some scoring streak for the reserves 
    6 goals in last 6 games for the lad.. hopefully he gets to make a comeback to the first team when the time is right!
    Burst of pace .. finishing and movement is still as good as it was before his injury 
    Ivan Perisic in great form at Inter
    Right target

Lindelof had a good game again , was better than Rojo and Smalling
    Even though Lukaku didn't score he had a good game also , held the ball up really well
    Another one is Martial , great change in form from last season

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    Ivan Perisic in great form at Inter
    Right target
    :( Ini vangikula..perisic ne kalipikan udeshichath lw or lwb aayirikule? Martial/rash + young doing good :)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    Lindelof had a good game again , was better than Rojo and Smalling
    Even though Lukaku didn't score he had a good game also , held the ball up really well
    Another one is Martial , great change in form from last season

Banned

Andy Mitten
    At no time since Jose Mourinho took over at Manchester United have things looked as good as they do now. Along with the 2-0 home win against Chelsea last season, the 3-1 victory at Arsenal on Saturday was the best result of Portuguese manager's time at Old Trafford.

The Emirates clash was a fantastic, goal-filled encounter and was the third such game in recent weeks. Newcastle at home was a fine spectacle and, while Brighton the next week was not, it brought another win and clean sheet.

A trip to Watford saw United put four goals past the team in eighth, while Saturday's result smashed a dire run of games away at the best teams and showed that United can be far better when using their attacking talent, as well as far more entertaining.

The club's two best players were key. Paul Pogba significantly improves the team when he plays and he'll be missed in Sunday's derby vs. Manchester City; Mourinho could be excused if he opts for a more defensive strategy without the suspended midfielder against a team that has won every away match in the league this season.

David De Gea, meanwhile, was even better than his usual exceptional standard. It's a decade since goalkeeping coach Eric Steele spotted him playing for Spain against England in the final of the 2007 European Under-17 championship.

Steele wasn't a United employee at the time; instead he worked for Manchester City and had just agreed to stay at the club. But in December 2007, then-United goalkeeping coach Tony Coton called to say he'd have to retire because of injury and to ask Steele if he would be interested in taking over.

"I didn't want to be disrespectful to City," Steele told me in 2015. "There are some very good football people at City, but United is a different level. United have the history and tradition on and off the field; it's a machine. I wanted to join United. I had an issue with loyalty because I'd signed a three-year contract to work with Sven-Goran Eriksson at City, but I agreed to stay until the end of the (2007-0 season. What a fool I was; I missed out on United winning the European Cup in Moscow, but I felt that I had to be loyal to Sven. I can't regret that."

Steele, along with Eriksson, would lose his job anyway when then-City owner Thaksin Shinawatra sold the club to the City Football Group from Abu Dhabi. United, meanwhile, were champions of Europe but, once the celebrations died down, Sir Alex Ferguson's priority was keeping Cristiano Ronaldo at the club. Steele felt forgotten about and accepted a job with Paul Ince at Blackburn Rovers.

David Price/Arsenal FC via Getty Images
    "I signed for Blackburn at 2 p.m. on July 5," said Steele. "Guess who rang me two hours later? The gaffer (Ferguson). 'I've just signed for Blackburn.'"

"You stupid so and so," said Ferguson.

"What do you mean stupid; I didn't hear anything from you," replied Steele. "TC (Tony Coton) hasn't heard from you. What am I supposed to do?"

Ferguson assured Steele that United would "sort it" and, ultimately, paid Blackburn ?70,000 compensation for the three weeks Steele spent at Ewood Park.

In his new role, Steele knew that 37-year-old Edwin van der Sar would need replacing sooner rather than later and, while young goalkeepers Ben Amos, Sam Johnstone and Ron-Robert Zieler were talented, they were not ready for the first team.

Steele spent a year flying around Europe, watching Maarten Stekelenburg at Ajax, Hugo Lloris at Lyon and Manuel Neuer at Schalke. He also watched Iker Casillas, Joe Hart and Petr Cech, though United didn't consider any of them gettable. Indeed, Neuer said that, if he wanted to go to Manchester, he'd go there on holiday.

Steele pushed the case for De Gea and it helped that Ferguson had been to watch Atletico with him several times to look at other players. The duo marvelled at the calmness, composure and inner strength shown by such a young keeper. Meanwhile, De Gea wasn't delighted with the way his club were treating him and, with Atletico nowhere near as powerful financially as they are now, he moved to Old Trafford in 2011 for ?17.5 million.

Six-and-a-half years and 289 appearances later, he's the best goalkeeper in the Premier League, if not the world. He's also happy at United, though the temptation of Real Madrid will always be there. It's natural, given the size of the club and that fact he is from the Spanish capital, as is his partner.

But there's a buzz about this United team and he's part of it. The team spirit was evident from the manner in which the players celebrated goals at the Emirates, with dances and smiles. This isn't a squad fractured and doubtful of the manager as it was under David Moyes and Louis van Gaal. They claimed to be united; they were not.

This is the best United team of the post-Ferguson era, though it's still not at City's level and we'll see how both measure up this weekend. The injury situation is positive, confidence is up and Mourinho's side is the only team in English league football with a 100 percent winning record at home in the league. They are second with 35 points from 15 games; a year ago at this time, they were marooned in sixth.

The mood will be different if United lose on derby and City are undeniably excellent, but they've enjoyed their own luck recently. It's time for United to enjoy some good fortune, just as they did when they employed the man who'd already spotted De Gea. After all, had Steele stayed at City, the Spaniard might have represented the other side of Manchester on derby day.

Banned

Meanwhile win at Emirates was the first away win vs top six under mou

17/10/16 Liverpool 0 United 0
    23/10/16 Chelsea 4 United 0
    27/04/17 City 0 United 0
    07/05/17 Arsenal 2 United 0
    14/05/17 Spurs 2 United 1
    14/10/17 Liverpool 0 United 0

02/12/17 Arsenal 1 United 3

A Mourinho masterclass