View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Man Utd player ?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bobby Charlton

0 0%
  • George Best

1 8.33%
  • Ryan Giggs

4 33.33%
  • Peter Schmeichel

0 0%
  • David Beckam

2 16.67%
  • Eric Cantona

1 8.33%
  • Roy Keane

1 8.33%
  • Ruud Van Nistelrooy

1 8.33%
  • Wayne Rooney

2 16.67%
  • Any Other

0 0%
Page 248 of 357 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 3568

Thread: Manchester United - Fans Corner

Banned

No.7

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Banned

When you join the biggest club the world!!

Banned

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=lqdIbSFdx9Q

Banned

25 years ago today, these 4 signed their first professional contracts at Manchester United. They went on to make 2,101 combined appearances. https://t.co/SQbE4YZwMC

Banned

SIX TALKING POINTS: YEOVIL TOWN V UNITED

Manchester United?s Emirates FA Cup campaign resumes on Friday when Jose Mourinho?s Reds travel to Yeovil Town in the fourth round. The match will be the focus for millions around the world, for varying reasons, so here are five talking points to discuss ahead of kick-off?

1: POSSIBLE DEBUT FOR ALEXIS SANCHEZ
    That is unquestionably the hot topic following Monday night?s announcement that the Chilean has completed his transfer from Arsenal, with Henrikh Mkhitaryan going the other way. Our new no.7 crucially missed the Gunners? third-round defeat at Nottingham Forest and is, therefore, not cup-tied, so Huish Park could provide a humble setting for his Reds debut. The League Two club are already making preparations, too, judging by their good-humoured tweet of the away dressing room, with the caption: ?You said you've joined the biggest club in the world @ALEXIs_Sanchez, so it's only right you start your #MUFC career in the biggest away dressing room in @SkyBetLeagueTwo. Maybe!?

2: JOSE MOURINHO TO REACH 100
    We?re talking about matches as United manager, of course, and not age! Although Friday is, coincidentally, Jose?s 55th birthday and the boss hopes to celebrate the occasion by securing another FA Cup victory. If you?re wondering about his record in charge of the Reds, we can tell you he has tallied 61 wins, 23 draws and 15 defeats, scoring 176 goals, conceding 70 and lifting three trophies.

3: THOSE FRIDAY-NIGHT LIGHTS
    Our third-round win over Derby County brought an end to an unprecedented 13-year run of UK televised matches in the FA Cup. But when Yeovil were pulled out of the hat in the fourth-round draw, there was little doubt this tie would be shown on the box and the BBC duly selected it for their Friday-night slot, which is popular in terms of viewing figures. It is more troublesome for our travelling supporters, of course, due to the long journey home, but recent examples at Aston Villa and Blackburn Rovers have produced noisy, memorable and enjoyable atmospheres.

4: HEARTBREAK IN THE YEOVIL CAMP
    Yeovil are contesting Otis Khan's red card, receiving for shoving referee Kevin Friend while playing against Chesterfield last Saturday, in a bid to save his dream of facing the club he supported. ?I ran towards the referee and, upon doing so, I tripped and fell towards him, making contact," said the 22-year-old former Reds trainee. ?I am absolutely heartbroken at this time because my dreams of playing against my boyhood team are in doubt. It's the worst time of my life at this moment.? Having discussed the matter, manager Darren Way has appealed to the Football Association.

5: HOW WILL UNITED LINE UP?
    Mourinho utilised his squad against Derby in the previous round, making five changes to the starting XI. One of those included a rare start for back-up goalkeeper Sergio Romero which, in turn, provided an equally rare rest for no.1 David De Gea, and our Argentina international could feature again at Huish Park on Friday, after returning to the bench at Burnley. All will be revealed when the sides are announced at 18:55 GMT.

6: ANDER HERRERA TO JOIN THE 150 CLUB
    The Spanish midfielder made his 149th United appearance during the 1-0 Premier League win at Turf Moor and could reach a landmark this weekend. Our reigning Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year has fond memories of Yeovil, too, after scoring an excellent goal there in January 2015.

Banned

24/01/2018 10:02, Report by Adam Marshall

ALEXIS HAS ALWAYS LOOKED A UNITED PLAYER

In my opinion, Alexis Sanchez has long been tailor made for Manchester United.
    Even in his days in Serie A with Udinese, the Chilean once dubbed the 'Nino Maravilla' ('wonder kid'), has looked like the sort of player suited for the famous red shirt. You could even go as far as to say the famous red no.7 shirt.
    Sanchez has bundles of energy, a low centre of gravity, expert dribbling skills and an eye for goal. Furthermore, he appears to have a winning mentality. Any talk about his attitude at Arsenal, even though they have been dismissed by Arsene Wenger who feels he is the perfect professional, seemed to an outsider to merely be signs of a man who just desperately wanted to succeed.
    Witness his on-field frustration at Bournemouth last season, when refusing to celebrate Olivier Giroud's equaliser because he still believed there was time to get a winner the Gunners still, in the overall scheme of things, required. Sanchez's colleagues also have pointed out how competitive he is in training - it's a good trait to have.
    After being alerted to the South American's potential at Udinese, I watched him closely at the 2010 World Cup and thought he was excellent. Surely this did not go unnoticed by Sir Alex Ferguson and I hoped, and even expected, the shrewd Scot would compete for the forward's signature, particularly with Cristiano Ronaldo departing for Real Madrid a year earlier.
    In that summer of 2010, while working for the News of the World, a South American contact from my time with planetfootball.com had flagged up a story in El Tercera, one of the leading Chilean sources, which claimed Sanchez has told an international colleague that his heart was set on joining United. It was not the lead in the article but featured alongside pictures of the national team in training.
    The team-mate was not named but I decided to cover it for the newspaper and hoped it would be proved to be correct. It has been interesting to see that story resurface recently on other websites, almost eight years on, while the talk around a possible deal continued. At least, given what Alexis told MUTV in his first interview, I finally know it was true!
    It's fair to say players do say things from time to time that do not coincide with their ultimate destinies. A quick look at similar stories around that time finds Ajax's Luis Suarez commenting: "Manchester United are a great side and, along with Real Madrid, are the most prestigious club in the world. You know if you join Manchester United and are there for any length of time you will win things." And David Silva, then of Valencia, claimed: "When a club like Manchester United is interested in you, it is an honour. If the Premier League came calling, especially if it was a club like United, it would be very hard to resist."
    Of course, like Suarez and Silva, Sanchez did not go to United. He went to Barcelona, even though the word at the time seemed to be that Manchester City were offering a bigger fee and salary. The lure of the Catalan giants is often huge for Latin players and he linked up with Pep Guardiola's side, only to be sold to Arsenal.
    Again, I was envious when the Gunners sealed their swoop but one of the joys of supporting United is that you can never lose faith with the club's pull in the transfer market. It was the same when Paul Pogba re-signed, hope can be retained that the individuals you personally identify as ones who would represent exciting signings can always be targeted.
    It might be later than I had originally expected but, while still in his twenties, Alexis Sanchez is finally a Manchester United player. And I cannot wait for him to justify my long-held belief that he is absolutely perfect for this club and belongs here.
    The opinions in this story are personal to the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United Football Club.

Banned

A loan deal has been agreed for Tuanzebe, 20, to spend the rest of the season on loan at Villa Park

Banned

BOSS RESPONDS TO RONALDO RUMOUR
    Cristiano Ronaldo has again been linked with a return to United in some sections of the media. Jose said: "Real Madrid is a club I care about, so I am the last one to add [to the] fire. To put some water on the fire, I would say Cristiano is the kind of player that everyone wants, but only one manager can have and only one club can have – Zidane and Real Madrid. That's my feeling."

WHERE WILL ALEXIS PLAY?
    Having worked in Italy, Spain and England at the same time as Alexis, Jose knows his new capture “very, very well”. “I saw him play on the right, the left, as a striker and behind the striker, he said. “I saw him play in different systems, I saw him successful in every country. He becomes more than a player because of that multi-functionality. He can play in four different positions."

MICKI WILL BE EVEN BETTER AT ARSENAL
    On Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s move to Arsenal, Mourinho said: "I lost a fantastic player, Mr Wenger lost a fantastic player. I got a fantastic player, Mr Wenger got a fantastic player, so it was a great deal for everybody. I believe Micki is going to be even better than for us. Why? Because one-and-a-half years in England, adapted. Because of the way they play. That's why I'm also happy for him.”

NO HENRIKH REGRETS
    The boss continued: “Could he have performed better for us? Could I take more from his talent? Maybe. Could he also have given more to try to adapt to us? Maybe. But I don't think regrets. In our history, he did important things for us, so a good feeling for everybody and a very specific transfer between two rivals in the same country is something that should happen more."

Banned

Of all English Clubs, Manutd has earned the right to spend more money on transfers than any other clubs followed by Arsenal and Liverpool (and by money they generate unlike some of the questionable sponsorship deals )

One of the Basic Objective of FFP :
    " to encourage clubs to operate on the basis of their own revenues"

Total Spending since 2003

Net Spend Since 2003

Revenue vs Net Spend since 2003

Last edited by perumal; 01-25-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Banned

Mourinho: “We made the decision to make it clear for everyone that it’s not for three, it’s four or five, and who knows, more.” #mufc [mu]

Mourinho: “I know the expectations are more. I also know that the industry of the media, the pundits and so on, they look to us with special eyes. But I love to work for the club, for a club with this dimension, with the passion.” #mufc [mu]

Mourinho: “I feel happy. I don’t sign contracts if i don’t feel happy. I’m really happy with the trust, with the empathy, it’s a special contract for me. I’m used to signing contracts after big achievements. I’m happy to do that. We believe in each other.” #mufc [mutv]

Mourinho: “The owners and the board are showing me their ambition, commitment, their desire to go in the right direction. My relationship with the players is really good.” #mufc [mutv]

Mourinho: “This is the tradition of United. To give confidence in the managers. They believe they can take the team to the places where the history of the club deserves. Club nowadays change their managers too much. That’s not good for the evolution of the players.” #mufc [mutv]

Mourinho: “One of the reasons i’m staying is because of the players. My relationship with them is really good. I really enjoy working with them. The human side of them, good players, There’s an evolution in their mentality.” #mufc [mutv]

Mourinho: “I feel like the privileged one to work with such a fantastic group. Between them they stick together in good and bad moments.” #mufc [mutv]

Mourinho: “The history and tradition of the club, the moment I arrived, there was a big gap between the team and the tradition and history and ambitions of United. The owners will never stop until they reach where they want to go, which is success.” #mufc [mutv]

Mourinho: “I learned what Manchester United is as an opponent, the meaning, the dimension, the history, now the pride to work for such a big club.” #mufc
    [mutv]