View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Man Utd player ?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bobby Charlton

0 0%
  • George Best

1 8.33%
  • Ryan Giggs

4 33.33%
  • Peter Schmeichel

0 0%
  • David Beckam

2 16.67%
  • Eric Cantona

1 8.33%
  • Roy Keane

1 8.33%
  • Ruud Van Nistelrooy

1 8.33%
  • Wayne Rooney

2 16.67%
  • Any Other

0 0%
Page 258 of 357 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 3568

Thread: Manchester United - Fans Corner

Banned

yet another season , De Gea is going to be our player of the year....Shows all the problems associated with United!! most likely de gea would grab the Matt Busby player of the year award for the fourth time in 5 seasons

Banned

Since Sanchez signed for us
    Yeovil W
    Tottenham L
    Huddersfield W
    Newcastle L
    Huddersfield W
    Sevilla D

Shots on target against : 27
    Shots on target for : 24

Underwhelming performance as a team so far!!

team selection has been a mess !!!

Atleast chelsea game would be different hopefully!!

Banned

Mourinho on McTominay: “Can i hug you (Des Kelly), that’s a question! The questions were all about Paul in the press conference, the questions should be about the kid. He was fantastic, he did everything well, he put lots of pressure on them. He was brilliant.” #mufc [bt]

Banned

@theunitedmanc

You can say Utd are 2nd & in the CL that's better than they've been in years.

You can say United are 4 points off 5th & must win vs Sevilla who outplayed them.

Whichever version you like the reality is that the season is precariously balanced with very little room for error.

Banned

Report by Adam Marshall

WHY DAVID DE GEA HAS CHANGED MY MIND

I've always thought it's a generational thing. We usually hold players from our youth in higher esteem than those in later life.
    Maybe we're just more impressionable and look up to them with greater reverence or, perhaps simply, we employ rose-tinted glasses when remembering the past.

Certainly, I've always been in the camp that believes Diego Maradona to be the greatest footballer that ever lived - those older than me might nominate George Best or Pele. The current generation would argue the case of Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, and it's hard to refute the statistics that back this up. Yet I'd still plump for Maradona, who I saw play England at Wembley when I was a child and he was only a teenager. His achievements with Napoli and Argentina were just something else.

Similarly, I never thought I would see a better Manchester United goalkeeper than Peter Schmeichel. Yes, Edwin van der Sar brought an elegant excellence and composure but the Dane was on another level for me. I remember being excited by his signing, which appeared to drag out for several months, and would nominate his performances in winning Euro 92 for his country as one of the most influential tournament contributions, while not quite matching Maradona's World Cup feat in 1986.

Schmeichel was a colossus for United. I know he made mistakes over the years but these were extremely rare and pale into insignificance when recalling the aura he had about him, providing that constant assurance that everything would be okay at the back. Hundreds of memories flood to the front of my mind - I remember a midweek display at Everton when he saved a penalty and was outstanding, the pivotal 1-0 win at Newcastle United in 1996, even the fact he fought so gamely to keep out one of the goals in the painful 5-0 hammering by the Magpies later that same year.

I was in Austria for his best-ever save - at Rapid Vienna - and thought I'd always tell the grandchildren about this superb Scandinavian shot-stopper who was the best I've ever seen. Last night's Champions League tie has done something I never guessed would happen. It's changed my mind - and I can be quite stubborn when it comes to things like this.

De Gea evoked the exact feeling that Schmeichel used to do as Sevilla piled on the pressure before half-time. The sheer belief that any situation is saveable, when you have that split second in your mind to process what is happening and think 'it's a goal' - and yet it's not, because our super Spaniard is still able to intervene.

Schmeichel used to stand big in one-on-ones, do his star jumps from his handball background, and look impenetrable. De Gea has less presence but more agility and, quite frankly, the stop from Luis Muriel appeared to defy the laws of physics as the ball hurtled goalwards from close range. His all-round game, consistency and unflappable nature has totally won me over.

I backed him when he arrived as a skinny Spaniard from Atletico Madrid, and the knives were out after an unconvincing start, because of his lofty reputation and the fact the raw attributes were there. But I never thought I'd say he was the best Manchester United goalkeeper I'd ever seen. Yet that is the accolade I can now give him and I wonder if other supporters, even those who remember Schmeichel in his pomp, are in agreement.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fanzone/News-And-Blogs/2018/Feb/why-david-de-gea-has-made-me-change-my-opinion-about-uniteds-greatest-ever-keeper.aspx

Banned

Matic, whose seven-year-old son Filip is in the United academy, is encouraged by Gomes and Chong's development.
    "They are good players," Matic told the United programme. "They're still very young but they show every time they train with us that Manchester United has a good future.

"I remember when I was young how important it was to train with the best player and I hope they will continue like this."
    Mourinho was asked earlier this month whether he could promote Chong or playmaker Gomes to the United first-team squad next season, having already clarified he will not make any attacking reinforcements in the summer transfer window.
    "It depends what you understand by promotion," Mourinho said. "If, for you, promotion is that they train regularly with us, they are promoted a long time [ago].

"Scott McTominay didn’t arrive here from the moon. Before he came to the first-team he trained with us many times last season. He came to us in pre-season and then we realised that Andreas Pereira was going to Valencia, so we decided not to buy another player because we had Scott McTominay ready to step up. If that’s the concept of promotion, the kids are promoted all the time.

"This week, for example, we didn’t have a few players with injuries and small things that we wanted to protect and didn’t train with the team and made individual training. All these kids you say, they trained with us not today because they played today but before yesterday they trained with us."

Banned

#OnThisDay in 2017, Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored a late winner in the League Cup final to seal Jose Mourinho’s first major honour as Manchester United manager.

Banned

Jermaine Jenas: “Lingard should be nailed on for England. He is at the point now where he has to start for Gareth Southgate's side at this summer's World Cup. When you watch what he is doing and the positions he picks up, you notice the intelligence that he shows.” #mufc [BBC]

Jermaine Jenas: “Jesse Lingard is probably giving Mourinho his biggest problem at the moment - in the best possible way. He brings so much to the United attack when he plays, either on the right or more centrally behind the centre-forward.” #mufc [BBC]

Last edited by perumal; 02-26-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Banned

Lukaku: “Year in, year out people expect 20 goals from me. I’ve been doing it for 10 years straight so I think I’ve proved myself. You expect a bit more respect, but it’s the situation we’re in. I don’t listen to it.” #mufc [Mirror]

Banned

Henry on Lukaku: "It's still new for him to be at a big club. Recently he has done way better and he topped that with a great performance against Chelsea yesterday. He is playing like a striker that is complete. His hold up play is better and he’s making assists.” #mufc [Sky]