View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Man Utd player ?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bobby Charlton

0 0%
  • George Best

1 8.33%
  • Ryan Giggs

4 33.33%
  • Peter Schmeichel

0 0%
  • David Beckam

2 16.67%
  • Eric Cantona

1 8.33%
  • Roy Keane

1 8.33%
  • Ruud Van Nistelrooy

1 8.33%
  • Wayne Rooney

2 16.67%
  • Any Other

0 0%
Page 261 of 357 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3568

Thread: Manchester United - Fans Corner

Banned

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Great win for us . Never expected this after the absymal performance in the first half. Now fingers crossed for the derby next week GGMU.....

Banned

Romelu Lukaku has been directly involved in 11 goals in his last 11 games for Manchester United:

Goals - 8
    Assists - 3

What a signing! #mufc [@WhoScored]

Mourinho on Van Aanholt's goal: 'We concede the goal that is good to show the kids in the academies around the country, to see top teams and top players can concede silly goals.' #mufc

Man Utd had 2 shots on goal in the 1st half tonight - the FEWEST any away team has had in a half of football at Selhurst Park this season.

They had 15 shots in the second half - the MOST of any away team in a half at Selhurst this season.

Matic: "I think that we are improving. We need to do more for sure - we drop some important points (in small games). The quality is there for sure, but we have to be honest, we need to do more." #mulive

22 ? Jose Mourinho has won his first ever @premierLeague game after being 2+ goals behind (D2 L19).

2 - Manchester United have come from 2 goals down to win a Premier League game for the first time since December 2013 (at Hull), while this was Crystal Palace's first defeat in the competition from a 2+ goal lead. Drama.

Banned

Banned

MOURINHO: IT WAS AN AMAZING MATCH

Jose Mourinho reflected on an “amazing match” and a “very important win” after his Manchester United team produced a magnificent fightback to beat Crystal Palace on Monday night.
    The Reds came from 2-0 down in the second half to win 3-2 as Nemanja Matic completed the remarkable turnaround with a stunning strike in injury time for his first goal for the club.
    The dramatic victory at Selhurst Park saw United secure a second comeback victory in succession, after beating Chelsea 2-1 at Old Trafford last time out, to move back up to second place in the Premier League.
    Read the key points from the boss in his post-match interviews with MUTV and Sky Sports, and in his press conference...
    I ALWAYS BELIEVE WE CAN WIN
    “I think Palace deserve congratulations, because a match like this is only possible with two teams. I would say it was with three teams because the referee wanted to keep the intensity of the game going. It was a fantastic match. It was a difficult match for me because my team made so many mistakes. We played very good quality football in the second half but we made so many defensive mistakes. I don't like my teams to lose their organisation like we did, but it was an amazing match and a very important win for us. Their second goal made things much more difficult for us, but Chris Smalling's goal was very important. I always believe we can win. I will be like that until my last day. Some days more than others but after Smalling's goal, I always thought it was possible.”

THE PLAYERS KEPT AN AMAZING ATTITUDE
    “That disgraceful, childish second goal changed everything. But the players kept an amazing attitude. Juan Mata was finding spaces inside, Marcus Rashford was open on the left and brought their right-back wide to give us more space in the middle. You always need that little bit of luck to win a match in the last few minutes.”

WHAT WAS SAID AT HALF-TIME?
    “I cannot tell you half of the things I told my team at half-time because there would be lots of bleeping on television. But what I can say was all about the tactical positioning. To come back from 2-0 down away from home against a team that is desperate for points, it gives us a great feeling.”

WE HAD TO TAKE RISKS
    "I think Marcus [Rashford] was good and immediately he created dangerous situations and immediately he opened more space in between defenders. Our attacking players could make runs and penetrate in these gaps, so by the positional point of view, he was very good for us and then I think what I call the crazy right-back was also very important. We had to take the risks and [Jesse] Lingard as a right-back is this kind of crazy right-back that can make a defensive mistake by losing his position, but he can also be an extra man attacking other areas. I think it was difficult for them [Crystal Palace], Roy [Hodgson] saw it, he then brought [Alexander] Sorloth to play wide and try to cover him, but he was really aggressive and [Juan] Mata came to the inside so I think we created them a lot of problems in the second half."

PRAISE FOR PALACE BOSS
    “Roy Hodgson deserves credit because his game plan was aggressive and strong. He had an intention, and he knew when he should attack with direct football. I think he was very good. Normally, the winner gets the credit but I think Roy deserves it.”

NEUTRALS ENJOYED INTENSE GAME
    "Roy was very good, so I don't even want to blame my players and say the start was not good. The start was not good because they were good and matches like this are only possible if the two teams are good and if the referee is good. I don't know if he made any mistakes here and there, but the referee's intention was to let the game go and not to give many whistles. The intensity of the game was fast also because the referee [Neil Swarbrick] had a good participation on that. I am not happy with some mistakes we did, but people at home in front of the screen, neutrals, I think they enjoyed the game."

WIN GIVES US A CUSHION
    “We want to finish second, but it is huge pressure for us to finish in the top four. Now we have a little pillow. Even a point would have been good for us tonight after being 2-0 behind.”

Banned

06/03/2018 09:54, Report by Mark Froggatt

SIX TALKING POINTS AFTER PALACE 2 UNITED 3

Seriously, how great was that win at Crystal Palace? It was a typical Manchester United fightback and the second-half performance had everyone buzzing after the final whistle at Selhurst Park. Here, we present just six of the talking points up for discussion…
    BEST GAME OF THE SEASON?
    That is a massive claim to make and one that nobody foresaw at half-time, when we were 1-0 down and clearly in trouble after a poor first-half performance. But, after such an unpredictable and mesmeric comeback in south-east London, it is surely now a valid question. So what do you think? In terms of suspense, entertainment and genuine jaws-to-the-floor action, have there been any better United matches this campaign? The 3-1 win at Arsenal in September is perhaps the closest rival, but that was more owing to the absurd number of shots (41), quality of goals and David De Gea’s performance. Palace gets my vote.

EVEN THE STEWARD ENJOYED IT!
    Nemanja Matic scored his first United goal with a masterful strike from distance, which flew into the top corner and inspired scenes of sheer delirium, both among the players and travelling fans in the away end. Amazingly, as the TV cameras followed the celebrations beside the goalmouth, one Crystal Palace steward was seen with a broad smile spread across his face as utter jubilation surrounded him… until he spotted the lens and immediately reverted to type! In fairness to him, it was impossible not to get wrapped up in the moment, a reason why we all love football, and he soon dispersed the crowd like a pro.

BACK-TO-BACK COMEBACKS
    Jose Mourinho’s men have climbed off the canvas in the last two matches, having overturned deficits against Chelsea and Palace. It is the first time a United side has completed back-to-back comebacks in the post-Sir Alex Ferguson era, and since the wins against Braga and Aston Villa back in November 2012. The last time we did it in the Premier League was a little earlier, in August and September 2012, when the Reds fought back to earn a couple of sensational 3-2 wins over Fulham and Southampton.

THE SUBS ALL HAD AN IMPACT
    Fair play to Jose Mourinho and his coaching staff, because our second-half changes were all effective in changing the game in our favour. Marcus Rashford, who replaced Scott McTominay, was especially positive throughout his 45-minute outing, as he terrorised the Palace defence from his position on the wing, offering a different dimension to the attack. Juan Mata and Luke Shaw also impressed after coming on for Antonio Valencia and Ashley Young, as United threw caution to the wind when chasing the comeback. The substitutions were gutsy, attack-minded and, ultimately, incredibly successful.

DE GEA’S GORDON BANKS MOMENT
    Such a win would have been impossible without the heroics of our world no.1, after he pulled off yet an unbelievable save that had fans scratching their heads in amazement. It happened when the score was 2-2, and a cross flew into the box from the right wing for Christian Benteke to meet. The giant Belgian rose high and got a good connection, nodding the ball towards the bottom-left corner of the net and a goal looked imminent, until De Gea appeared with an acrobatic stop that bore resemblance to the great England goalkeeper Gordon Banks denying Pele at the 1970 World Cup.

LUKAKU’S 99TH PREMIER LEAGUE GOAL
    Romelu is just one goal away from joining the 100-club in England’s top division, following his composed finish against the Eagles on Monday night, and he could reach the landmark by scoring against historic rivals Liverpool this weekend. His near-century of strikes includes the 17 he scored with former club West Bromwich Albion, and 68 netted for Everton. Saturday could be a big day!

Banned

"I think Juan Mata made a massive difference to Manchester United," added Neville. "I have always thought that United's wide players and No 10s should be players who can get from box to box quickly but what United have now with Martial, [Marcus] Rashford, [Romelu] Lukaku, [Jesse] Lingard and Sanchez are players who can get box to box.

"What they have not got necessarily are people who can glue it together. Mata is the one who can slow it down, who can connect things and can actually link things. I thought he made a massive difference in composing United in the final third. He was the one who controlled the ball in the box and made the right decisions."

Banned

could we see some man marking job on Salah like herrera did on hazard last season !! hopefully herrera is fit enough to start .would be interesting to see if mctominay would be able to deal with one of the best player in PL this season if herrera is unavailable!

I prefer herrera though if he is fit...
    Pogba on the bench may be and use a 4231 formation with Herrera/Mctominay and Matic!
    Rashford...Sanchez/Pogba/Lingard...Mata behind Lukaku
    Shaw starting ahead of Young
    and May be young on the right over Valencia(just to ensure that crosses will come more frequently from the right wing) ...A choice for Mou to make...Valencia's defensive ability or Young's crossing threat...

Anyone among Bailly/Jones/Rojo could be ready hopefully!

Banned

my prefered line up vs liverpool

Banned

United fan since the days of Paddy Crerand, Bestie, Charlton , Law :O :O

50 years as fan <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCQPlbHGf_w