View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Man Utd player ?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bobby Charlton

0 0%
  • George Best

1 8.33%
  • Ryan Giggs

4 33.33%
  • Peter Schmeichel

0 0%
  • David Beckam

2 16.67%
  • Eric Cantona

1 8.33%
  • Roy Keane

1 8.33%
  • Ruud Van Nistelrooy

1 8.33%
  • Wayne Rooney

2 16.67%
  • Any Other

0 0%
Page 341 of 357 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 3568

Thread: Manchester United - Fans Corner

Banned

🗣 ‪De Gea: ?It has been a privilege to spend eight years at this great club and the opportunity to continue my career at Man Utd is a genuine honour. Since I arrived here, I could never have imagined I would play over 350 games for this club."‬
    🗣 ‪De Gea: "Now my future is fixed, all I want is to help this team achieve what I believe we can and win trophies again, together."‬
    🗣 ‪De Gea: ?As one of the senior players in the squad, I want to support and lead in any way that I can to assist the younger players, so they know what it means to play here."‬
    🗣 ‪De Gea: "I still feel that I have so much more to achieve at the club and I truly believe that Man Utd can build on the club?s tradition of success and reward our fans for their support."‬
    🗣 ‪De Gea: ?I am committed to continue repaying the fans for all of the care that they?ve shown me during the good times and the bad.?‬
    🗣 De Gea: ?Over his time here, David has really understood the values of playing for Man Utd and now represents everything you want in a goalkeeper. As a player he is still hugely determined and hungry to achieve more."
    🗣 ‪Solskj?r: ?I am delighted that David has committed his long-term future to the club. Over recent years, David has proved himself to be the best in the world and a vital part of our plans as we look to take Man Utd back to where it belongs."‬
    🗣 Ole: ?David is a fantastic person and his outstanding quality provides the perfect base to our defence. Over his time here, David has really understood the values of playing for Manchester United and now represents everything you want in a goalkeeper.?
    🗣 Ole: ?As a player he is still hugely determined and hungry to achieve more. We all look forward to working together to meet those ambitions over the coming years.? #mufc

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

De Gea extends Man Utd contract until 2023
    David de Gea has signed a new contract at Manchester United until 2023, which includes an option for a further year.

Quote Originally Posted by perumal View Post
    Much needed win vs a quality opposition!!
    Yes , but the performance has been well below par
    After that early chance for Maddison we played better for 10-15 minutes and then it was all Leicester , second half started more or less the same way
    Leicester controlled the game for most of the time , that is worrying
    Have to thank Maguire who kept Vardy in his pocket along with Lindelof and also to de Gea
    Rashford is going anonymous at times

Young blood is OK but a world class clinical finisher is a must
    Fergie's policy was like ...one World Class CB (Bruce,Rio Ferdinand,Vidic) , GK (Schmeichel, Van der Sar ) and a Forward ( Andy Cole , Van Nistelrooy , Rooney ) ....the rest he will manage with average/above average players

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    Yes , but the performance has been well below par
    After that early chance for Maddison we played better for 10-15 minutes and then it was all Leicester , second half started more or less the same way
    Leicester controlled the game for most of the time , that is worrying
    Have to thank Maguire who kept Vardy in his pocket along with Lindelof and also to de Gea
    Rashford is going anonymous at times

Young blood is OK but a world class clinical finisher is a must
    Fergie's policy was like ...one World Class CB (Bruce,Rio Ferdinand,Vidic) , GK (Schmeichel, Van der Sar ) and a Forward ( Andy Cole , Van Nistelrooy , Rooney ) ....the rest he will manage with average/above average players
    Not really!
    Leicester are a very good team and one of the best defensive units so far! It was always going to be a cagey affair with united again looking solid defensively!

Having possession is meaningless unless u create ...and Leicester didn't create any big chances inspite of having possession! We didn't create enuf too but that was expected given we didn't have Pogba and also missed martial and shaw!

There will be issues in midfield as we are playing with a midfielder short which makes pogba play from deep unless Fred steps up!!

And over the last 3 season, the season we had world class finisher was 2016-17 when ibra scored 17 but still as a team we just scored 54 goals alone! So it is not mandatory to have a 20 goal striker if the front players can all distribute goals among them .. hopefully rashford martial james Greenwood could all contribute to goals!

And Greenwood is the one we are looking at as a main goal scoring threat in some months time!! Don't think we would sign an expensive forward instead of using Greenwood

Not really!
    Leicester are a very good team and one of the best defensive units so far! It was always going to be a cagey affair with united again looking solid defensively!

Having possession is meaningless unless u create ...and Leicester didn't create any big chances inspite of having possession! We didn't create enuf too but that was expected given we didn't have Pogba and also missed martial and shaw!

There will be issues in midfield as we are playing with a midfielder short which makes pogba play from deep unless Fred steps up!!
    That is the worry
    So No Pogba no creativity through center ( Could be Pogba's last season at United ) ! Fred improve aavunna lakshanam onnum kaanunnilla
    Wing backs are also not good enough in providing crosses ( Wan Bissaka very good at defending but other aspects need to improve , he will come good for sure )
    Leicester have a better midfield than us, all their good works has been nullified by McTominay ( Non Stop Engine ) in the midfield and Maguire/Lindelof at the back
    Matic has been poor and McTominay forced to cover for him also
    No creativity in midfield

And over the last 3 season, the season we had world class finisher was 2016-17 when ibra scored 17 but still as a team we just scored 54 goals alone! So it is not mandatory to have a 20 goal striker if the front players can all distribute goals among them .. hopefully rashford martial james Greenwood could all contribute to goals!

And Greenwood is the one we are looking at as a main goal scoring threat in some months time!! Don't think we would sign an expensive forward instead of using Greenwood

We are talking about current United and not City or Liverpool ( both of them have players who can contribute/share goal scoring duty and have enough support from other areas)
    Front players nu goal adikkanamenkil baakki ingredients koodi othuvarende ( Midfield ennu paranja oru saadhanam illa ) ....we are not like City or Liverpool in that aspect
    It took some years for Liverpool to get where they are ...hope we can also do the same
    Greenwood il pratheeksha undu....he is going to start tomorrow against Astana
    James OK
    Rashford and Martial are getting handful of chances now to prove ...but sadly things are not working for them as expected...may be because of lack of Support

Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof has signed a new long-term contract with the club, keeping him at Old Trafford until June 2024.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    That is the worry
    So No Pogba no creativity through center ( Could be Pogba's last season at United ) ! Fred improve aavunna lakshanam onnum kaanunnilla
    Wing backs are also not good enough in providing crosses ( Wan Bissaka very good at defending but other aspects need to improve , he will come good for sure )
    Leicester have a better midfield than us, all their good works has been nullified by McTominay ( Non Stop Engine ) in the midfield and Maguire/Lindelof at the back
    Matic has been poor and McTominay forced to cover for him also
    No creativity in midfield

We are talking about current United and not City or Liverpool ( both of them have players who can contribute/share goal scoring duty and have enough support from other areas)
    Front players nu goal adikkanamenkil baakki ingredients koodi othuvarende ( Midfield ennu paranja oru saadhanam illa ) ....we are not like City or Liverpool in that aspect
    It took some years for Liverpool to get where they are ...hope we can also do the same
    Greenwood il pratheeksha undu....he is going to start tomorrow against Astana
    James OK
    Rashford and Martial are getting handful of chances now to prove ...but sadly things are not working for them as expected...may be because of lack of Support
    Fred ayinu kalichu thudangunale ulu ee season...kazinja kali fred vanna kurach time impressive arnu!! Pinne pogba koodathe creativity ku gomes,pereira,levitt,garner oke in some months time set ayi varendathanu...short term nokiyat enthayalum karyam ila..it will be a bumpy ride for a while! Hopefully we can see bit of success at the end of it all!! Jan il oru midfielder ne sign cheyo enn kandariyam..need to somehow stay close to 6th spot till then...i would be pretty satisfied if we could atleast make it to 6th at the end of season! Anything higher is actually great with such a young team and a team that is lacking in midfield! Even Mourinho could only finish 6th in first season after spending 100m net, lvg could only finish 4th after spending 100m net in first season inspite of not having European games, ole got to spend only 60m net and if he could get us to atleast 5th or 6th with his hands tied by the management it is a good start for him! Qualifying for Europe next season would be the biggest achievement post fergie if he could do it with these young players with just 60m net spend but it's so hard as we all know!!

And as for goalscoring , i think if we could have a pretty good goal difference it should help us a lot
    54 goals scored, +25 GD in 2016-17
    68 goals scored, +40 GD in 2017-18 (thanks to that out of the world season by dave where he saved atleast 15 more goals than expected)
    65 goals scored, +11 GD 2018-19

If we manages to score around 60 goals and has a goal difference of around +30 ,it could be fine i hope

Lowest GD for ucl qualifications in 2018-19 : 24
    2017-18 : 38
    2016-17 : 36
    2015-16 : 29
    2014-15 : 25
    2013-14 : 27
    2012-13 : 35

Last edited by perumal; 09-19-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Banned

Lindelof also extends contract until 2024!

Players' current contract signed under Ole and his coaching team
    De Gea,Dean Henderson, Maguire, Lindelof,Axel, Wan Bissaka,McTominay,Andreas,Rashford,James, Martial, Brandon Williams, Ethan Laird, James Garner,Dylan Levitt , Mason Greenwood

Like it or not, Solskj?r has he cleared a huge % of the deadwood and dropped below average players, he?s also renewing the key ones.♥️

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: ?We are at the start of a journey for [#mufc]. We have a plan, we know where we want to go and while there will be highs & lows along the way, there will be more highs than lows and we?ll get there together.? 🤞

Long-term project requiring short-term backing.

9. Likes Giggs liked this post

Erling Braut Haaland's father, Alf-Inge, has claimed it would be 'nice' if his son joined Manchester United despite the bad history between him and the club.

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers admits he may not be able to stop ?70million-rated James Maddison moving to Manchester United as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer continues homegrown revolution

Brendan Rodgers has admitted that an approach for Leicester star James Maddison may be too good to refuse as Manchester United's interest in the midfielder shows no signs of fading.

The 22-year-old joined the Foxes last summer in a ?24million move from East Anglian club Norwich City. Since his arrival in the Premier League, the England U21 international has continued to impress, with reports suggesting that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen to land the playmaker.

Solsjkaer has overseen a homegrown revolution since taking the helm at Old Trafford, with an impetus for signing young British players.

This summer he has brought in the likes of Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Daniel James and Harry Maguire to accompany young talents Marcus Rashford, Scott McTominay and Mason Greenwood.

And Rodgers, who became manager of the 2015-16 Premier League champions in February this year, conceded that keeping hold of his ?70m-rated star man may prove difficult.

He said: ?I?ve been fortunate that I?ve been at Liverpool where I understand the draw of that type of club. Liverpool and Manchester United are two of the biggest clubs by far.

?There?s other great clubs, there?s big clubs, but those two, in terms of worldwide status, are above the other clubs.'

Rodgers understands the difficulties of keeping hold of his best players, having seen centre half Maguire leave the club for United in an ?80m move earlier this summer.

?Whenever a player gets an opportunity to go to a club like that, to experience that type of pressure, that expectation ? and of course there?ll be a financial side to it as well, let?s be real ? that as a package in a short career is maybe something that is too hard to turn down.

?I understand it, I get it.?