View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Man Utd player ?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bobby Charlton

0 0%
  • George Best

1 8.33%
  • Ryan Giggs

4 33.33%
  • Peter Schmeichel

0 0%
  • David Beckam

2 16.67%
  • Eric Cantona

1 8.33%
  • Roy Keane

1 8.33%
  • Ruud Van Nistelrooy

1 8.33%
  • Wayne Rooney

2 16.67%
  • Any Other

0 0%
Page 354 of 357 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 3568

Thread: Manchester United - Fans Corner

Manchester United captain Harry Maguire has been found guilty of aggravated assault, resisting arrest and repeated attempts of bribery following his trial on the Greek island of Syros after an altercation with police officers on Mykonos.

Maguire, who was released from custody over the weekend, was not present at the trial. He received a suspended sentence of 21 months and 10 days.

United released a statement shortly after the verdict, which read:

"Manchester United notes the verdict of the Greek court today. Harry Maguire pleaded not guilty to all of the misdemeanour charges made against him and he continues to strongly assert his innocence.

"It should be noted that the prosecution confirmed the charges and provided their evidence late on the day before the trial, giving the defence team minimal time to digest them and prepare. A request for the case to be adjourned was subsequently denied.

"On this basis, along with the substantial body of evidence refuting the charges, Harry Maguire's legal team will now appeal the verdict, to allow a full and fair hearing at a later date."

Donny van de Beek: Manchester United agree £40m fee for Ajax midfielder

Manchester United are closing in on the signing of Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek after the two clubs agreed a fee in the region of £40m.

Manchester United have signed Netherlands midfielder Donny van de Beek from Ajax for £35m, plus £5m in add-ons, on a five-year contract.

Manchester United: Pressure mounts for new signings after Crystal Palace defeat
    Gary Neville

Gary Neville has warned Manchester United will not be able to win the Premier League with a centre-back pairing of Victor Lindelof and Harry Maguire and urged the Old Trafford hierarchy to prioritise signing a new central defender following their shock 3-1 defeat to Crystal Palace.

After sitting out the opening weekend of the new Premier League season, United were dismantled by a Wilfried Zaha-inspired Palace with the former United forward scoring twice.

Despite pursuing Jadon Sancho throughout the summer, Donny van de Beek remains United's only signing with just two weeks remaining before the transfer window closes.

However, Neville is adamant that United ought to be prioritising a new defender ahead of Sancho or any other offensively-minded player.

"There is going to be big pressure on the back of this," Neville said on Sky Sports.

"We can talk about Jadon Sancho all we like but until Manchester United get a centre-back who can run and defend one-on-ones they are never going to win the league. They are never going to win the Premier League with that centre-back pairing.

"They have to get a mobile, dominant centre-half in alongside either Lindelof or Maguire."

According to the former United captain, Lindelof and Maguire simply lack the required speed to be a successful pairing.

"One area Man Utd need to try to strengthen is centre-back. But it has to be a quick one - someone who can defend one-on-ones," Neville said during commentary.

"If you look at all the best centre-half partnerships down the years, they have always had a quick one.

"Old Trafford is a big pitch and particularly if your full-backs are going forward then you are going to leave your centre-halves one-on-one.

"Over the years, the best Man Utd centre-back partnerships have always had that really quick one - whether it be Jaap Stam or Rio Ferdinand or Gary Pallister - who has lightning pace to get across and snuff out the danger. Lindelof and Maguire just don't have that."

Pinpointing exactly where United need to strengthen, Neville added: "They need a centre-back, they need a left-back and they need a forward-striker.

"Without them, Man Utd are not going to close the gap. Chelsea have acted and Liverpool are acting - they are already stronger.

"This won't have settled down the Man Utd fans who have been demanding more activity in the transfer market. The club just don't seem able to get things done quickly enough or efficiently enough."

"United make more impact on social media than in reality. That is why the fans get disappointed and frustrated."
    Patrice Evra

Ee year ole yude avasanam aakaan chance undu....
    Any reasons for bissaka n matic not starting ?

Any Other combination than preferred first X1, Manu is struggling....

Quote Originally Posted by sirius View Post
    Ee year ole yude avasanam aakaan chance undu....
    Any reasons for bissaka n matic not starting ?

Any Other combination than preferred first X1, Manu is struggling....
    Ole ye kuttam paranjittu kaaryamilla , the Board is not backing him....fans are frustrated ...rivals are strengthening

Regarding Bissaka & Matic

Solskjaer: "We will see if we need Greenwood today.
    "Wan-Bissaka and Matic only came back into training on Monday so only had four sessions and that is not enough to start today."

...but Fosu-Mensah and McTominay has been good

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    Ole ye kuttam paranjittu kaaryamilla , the Board is not backing him....fans are frustrated ...rivals are strengthening

Regarding Bissaka & Matic

Solskjaer: "We will see if we need Greenwood today.
    "Wan-Bissaka and Matic only came back into training on Monday so only had four sessions and that is not enough to start today."

...but Fosu-Mensah and McTominay has been good
    Fosu Mensah , bissaka provide cheyunna pole opportunities create cheyyunilla.....

Also matic is more alert

Quote Originally Posted by sirius View Post
    Fosu Mensah , bissaka provide cheyunna pole opportunities create cheyyunilla.....

Also matic is more alert
    I mean Fosu Mensah wasn't that bad , of course Bissaka way better than him
    The main culprits were the CB's ....no understanding between those two...Rashford has been out of form for so long now

Porathathinu Captainte peril oru adi case um ...and Greenwood involved in another shame during International duty
    Altogether total mood gloomy aanu
    Mood change aavanamenkil onnu randu high profile signings vendi varum

Next PL match is against Brighton away , who are a tough nut to crack

Patrice Evra launches a stunning attack on Manchester United as he takes aim at Ed Woodward, 'uncontactable' transfer chief Matt Judge and ex-team-mates 'too scared to speak up as a legacy is blown away'

Patrice Evra has launched a stunning attack on his former club in an emotional 20-minute monologue posted on his Instagram account.

In the devastatingly honest social media clip, the Frenchman takes aim at Ed Woodward, chief transfer negotiator Matt Judge and former team-mates 'too scared to speak up'.

Evra's plea for the club's hierarchy to 'stop being so arrogant' comes just days after United began their Premier League campaign with a woeful 3-1 home defeat by Crystal Palace.

Now 39, Evra has gained a reputation for his bizarre, cheerful social media posts but this time around he begins his lengthy monologue by apologising and explaining that he cannot be happy because he is 'sad, tired and hurt' by United.

One of the main targets of his rant is chief executive Ed Woodward, who he claims trusts people that he shouldn't.

'If I have a problem with Ed Woodward, I won't talk on social media,' Evra said. 'I will just call him or meet him face-to-face about what I think about something.

'The only problem I would say to Ed is trusting people he should never trust. He even trusts people outside the club that he shouldn't. That's what I can say about Ed.

'Before us, Bobby Charlton, George Best, they make the history of the club. All those people they make the history of the club and we try to respect it, '99 and us '08. Just some people they want to blow all this legacy away. For what? Business?'

Transfer negotiator Judge was next in the firing line, as former left back Evra claimed he has had sporting directors of other clubs phone him to pass on a message to the unreachable United chief.

'When we want a player and they cost say £20m, we end up trying to buy him for £100m. Now those players don't even want our money anymore,' Evra said.

'A sporting director from a top football club called me and asked me to tell Matthew Judge to answer his phone.

'The club needs to stop being so arrogant. There are certain people at the club right now that don't even respect Sir Alex Ferguson.'

He also hit out at the club's general transfer policy, bemoaning the use of lawyers over negotiators with a better football knowledge.

'People need to understand we [United] send lawyers to talk to players. So when we send lawyers they talk about numbers, they are not people from the football world.

'At the time, Fergie, David Gill time, we didn't hear anything in the paper, but Van Persie, Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, everything was fast. When Manchester United need a player they go and they talk them face-to-face.'

Although it appears Evra is burning bridges with the hierarchy at Old Trafford, the former France international insisted that he was only speaking out because of his love for the club.

In explaining his thoughts, he also took a swipe at some old team-mates that he claimed are too scared to speak out for fear of never getting a job at the club.

'I love this club and maybe one day I will work for this club again but I will work with my loyalty and I will never lie to any person who loves this club,' Evra continued.

'I think some people who work for this club are damaging this club. That's why we have to tell the truth to the fans.

'I know some people are scared to speak up about because they may not get a job in the future, I don't care, I don't need Manchester United. I love Manchester United.'

Evra's comments come just days after he landed himself in hot water during punditry duties with Sky Sports.

Speaking ahead of the United-Palace game on Saturday evening, Evra made an unfounded suggestion, live on air, that Wilfried Zaha may have been in a relationship with David Moyes' daughter while at United.

Sky were forced to apologise later in the programme, confirming that Zaha has never met Moyes' daughter.