Page 103 of 135 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1342

Thread: Arsenal FC , Emery at the Emirates

Quote Originally Posted by ACME View Post
    Ramsey had a long layoff...tat doesn't mean he is injury prone. And it isn't the current downturn. It isn't tat bad to call for Arsene's head, especially not in the middle of a season. But, since the 2nd half of last season the team just falls apart. And for that the manager takes responsibility. He has gone too soft..

I have already told u that titles can be won with Arsene kinda spending.. Do go back in time n see utds spending compared with arsenal during the period when both dominated English football..to beat Chelsea u don't need a Chelsea squad..because money doesn't mean quality. United spend 30 million or so on fellaini and mata...wat have they done?

And if you are a young fan, then instead of looking back at earlier EPL seasons, u can look at atletico Madrid.. Driven by simeone, they did not need a real/barca kinda squad to beat them. Look at Dortmund. They didn't need a Bayern squad to beat Bayern. Spending isn't always a solution
    I cant believe you are telling back what I'm telling you.... blunder

Quote Originally Posted by sillan View Post
    I cant believe you are telling back what I'm telling you.... blunder
    maybe my text language confused you. I meant "with Arsene-kind of spending" which should have translated to not spending much. although the rest of it should have clarified the point well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by rtrtrt View Post
    You were right about utd.utd did shell money for required players upto around 2006-7 period.But after that they too were spending like aresenal only.An occasional berbatov or rvp signing excluded.Still managed to win league in 2013 when the experts written them off.But this season spending was must for utd since they dont have cl football.the adidas contract helped them.
    Summer 2006 Manchester United Transfers

In: Michael Carrick (Tottenham Hotspur, £18.6million); Tomasz Kuszczak (West Bromwich Albion, undisclosed)

Summer 2007 Manchester United Transfers

In: Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich, £17m), Nani (Sporting, £14m), Anderson (Porto, £17m) plus Tevez on loan

Summer 2008 Manchester United Transfers

Dimitar Berbatov (£30.75m + Fraizer Campbell on loan, Tottenham)

Summer 2009 Manchester United Transfers

In: Antonio Valencia (£16m, Wigan)

2010 Manchester United Transfers

In: Chris Smalling (undisclosed, Fulham), Chicharito (undisclosed), Bebe (7.4m for a fringe player)

Phil Jones - 17m
    Ashley Young -16m
    David De Gea- 18m

RVP - 24m
    Kagawa- 16 or 17m

always been big spenders..not trying to prove anything here. but its a myth that United spending has decreased.

Arsenal Fixture Changes

Arsenal v Stoke City

Sunday, January 11, 2015 (previously Saturday, January 10)

Manchester City v Arsenal
    Sunday, January 18 (previously Saturday, January 17)

Arsenal v Aston Villa
    Sunday, February 1 (previously Saturday, January 31)

Summer 2006 Manchester United Transfers

In: Michael Carrick (Tottenham Hotspur, £18.6million); Tomasz Kuszczak (West Bromwich Albion, undisclosed)

Summer 2007 Manchester United Transfers

In: Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich, £17m), Nani (Sporting, £14m), Anderson (Porto, £17m) plus Tevez on loan

Summer 2008 Manchester United Transfers

Dimitar Berbatov (£30.75m + Fraizer Campbell on loan, Tottenham)

Summer 2009 Manchester United Transfers

In: Antonio Valencia (£16m, Wigan)

2010 Manchester United Transfers

In: Chris Smalling (undisclosed, Fulham), Chicharito (undisclosed), Bebe (7.4m for a fringe player)

Phil Jones - 17m
    Ashley Young -16m
    David De Gea- 18m

RVP - 24m
    Kagawa- 16 or 17m

always been big spenders..not trying to prove anything here. but its a myth that United spending has decreased.
    Even this fig is much less than that which chelsea or man city shelled out.

Even this fig is much less than that which chelsea or man city shelled out.
    of course, like i said, am not trying to prove anything.just that i keep hearing people that even utd havent spend, they are also like arsenal.u already agreed with me that united spent a good amount, mostly inflated at that time, till 2006..that is what even i said. even when arsenal and utd were dominating the epl (before millionaire takeovers even came into picture) man utd comfortably outspent arsenal. but Wenger still managed to compete on the pitch.

And Atletico, Dortmund are all examples that spending isnt a prerequisite for titles. You have to spend to strengthen, but its not mandatory that the spending should match the numbers of city or chelsea.People who suggest that just doesnt know the impact that it can have. real world football isnt playing fifa 15 or football manager where u just go out and spend without a care in the world. look at Malaga.again not arguing with you, just making my point clear to those who didnt understand.

of course, like i said, am not trying to prove anything.just that i keep hearing people that even utd havent spend, they are also like arsenal.u already agreed with me that united spent a good amount, mostly inflated at that time, till 2006..that is what even i said. even when arsenal and utd were dominating the epl (before millionaire takeovers even came into picture) man utd comfortably outspent arsenal. but Wenger still managed to compete on the pitch.

And Atletico, Dortmund are all examples that spending isnt a prerequisite for titles. You have to spend to strengthen, but its not mandatory that the spending should match the numbers of city or chelsea.People who suggest that just doesnt know the impact that it can have. real world football isnt playing fifa 15 or football manager where u just go out and spend without a care in the world. look at Malaga.again not arguing with you, just making my point clear to those who didnt understand.
    Completely agree.But sometimes arsene wengar is too stubborn and says that his players are enough.Anyways this season managment has supported him.Utd never spent for the sake of spending.It was to improve the squad.But real madrid is doing well now.It is about finding the best combination.real madrid team of galacticos era is an example of over spending.

Completely agree.But sometimes arsene wengar is too stubborn and says that his players are enough.Anyways this season managment has supported him.Utd never spent for the sake of spending.It was to improve the squad.But real madrid is doing well now.It is about finding the best combination.real madrid team of galacticos era is an example of over spending.
    that is my only problem with him..he refuses to change. sad. He was always an innovator..EPL okke aadyam pacy and powerful players kond vannu thudangiyath, ath kazhinju tiki taka pareekshichath..ellathilum munpil aayirunnu..but now he seems stuck.

maybe my text language confused you. I meant "with Arsene-kind of spending" which should have translated to not spending much. although the rest of it should have clarified the point well enough.
    that what a hiphen makes a difference in meaning of phrases in a language and should be used haaaa , first comment meant - 'if Arsene is to spend' to me ( and to majority) and in 'with Arsene-kind of' - what Arsene has been spending... So can't blame me though as i took first

Mesut Ozil has told Sky Sports News in Germany that he is targeting a return to action in seven weeks.