Page 11 of 135 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal FC , Emery at the Emirates

Benfica 2-1 Arsenal
    Arsenal suffered a setback when they lost their final pre-season friendly at the Estadio da Luz. The Gunners, without Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri and previously unbeaten in pre-season, had taken a first-half lead through striker Robin van Persie. The Dutch striker latched onto a cut-back from Kieran Gibbs before slotting home from close range in the 34th minute. But the home side hit back after the break following a number of changes, with Pablo Aimar equalising with a cool finish after brushing off the challenge of Thomas Vermaelen. Luisao then smacked a volley against the bar before Nolito added the second on the hour mark when he turned inside Sebastien Squillaci and fired a shot past Lukasz Fabianski into the corner. Arsenal were grateful to Fabianski for limiting the damage as he twice denied Nicolas Gaitan.

There was further bad news: van persie was injured after a heavy challenge from Benfica's Garay.
    Every flight begins with a fall.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman87 View Post
    Benfica 2-1 Arsenal
    Arsenal suffered a setback when they lost their final pre-season friendly at the Estadio da Luz. The Gunners, without Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri and previously unbeaten in pre-season, had taken a first-half lead through striker Robin van Persie. The Dutch striker latched onto a cut-back from Kieran Gibbs before slotting home from close range in the 34th minute. But the home side hit back after the break following a number of changes, with Pablo Aimar equalising with a cool finish after brushing off the challenge of Thomas Vermaelen. Luisao then smacked a volley against the bar before Nolito added the second on the hour mark when he turned inside Sebastien Squillaci and fired a shot past Lukasz Fabianski into the corner. Arsenal were grateful to Fabianski for limiting the damage as he twice denied Nicolas Gaitan.

There was further bad news: van persie was injured after a heavy challenge from Benfica's Garay.

Argentinaaaaaaa

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has joined the Gunners on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.

Oxlade-Chamberlain, 17, joins Arsenal from Championship side Southampton, where he made 44 first-team appearances during his long association with the south coast club.

Joining the Southampton Academy at the age of seven, Alex quickly excelled through the ranks of the club's successful youth set-up, making his first team debut in March 2010 at the age of just 16 years and 199 days. In doing so, Alex became the second youngest ever appearance maker for Southampton after Theo Walcott.

A quick, attacking player, Oxlade-Chamberlain played an integral role in Southampton's promotion campaign from League One in 2010/11, making 41 appearances and scoring 10 goals in the season. His impressive performances earned him a place in the PFA League One Team of the Year 2010/2011, voted by his fellow professionals.

Alex, who can operate on either wing or as an attacking central midfielder, has also represented England at Under-18, Under-19 and Under-21 levels.

After sealing the deal to bring the young prospect to Emirates Stadium, Arsène Wenger said: "We are delighted that Alex has decided to join us.

"He is an exciting young player who will provide us with creativity and offensive quality. Alex is a versatile player who can play in a number of positions. He can play as an attacking centre midfielder, or wide left and right.

"Alex is a perceptive passer of the ball and has a great understanding of the game and looks to be a very good team player."

Wenger continued: "Alex has done extremely well during his development with Southampton and we are looking forward to him progressing even further and fulfilling his huge potential with Arsenal Football Club."

Oxlade-Chamberlain, who celebrates his 18th birthday next Monday, said: "I'm so excited to be joining Arsenal. It's a fantastic club and I'm really looking forward to the opportunity of playing football at the highest level.

"Arsenal have a great manager in Arsène Wenger, top quality players and an attractive style of play. These were all important factors in me choosing to sign for Arsenal.

"I'm proud to be joining Arsenal, but I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at Southampton for their help and support during the early part of my career, for which I will always be grateful."

Alex concluded: "I'm now looking forward to meeting all my new team mates and giving absolutely everything in an Arsenal shirt."

Alex will go into the Arsenal first-team squad and immediately start training at London Colney in readiness for the start of the new season.
    Every flight begins with a fall.

Cesc Fabregas spoke of facing the challenge of his life after completing his move from Arsenal to Barcelona. The switch ends an eight year association with Arsenal, who Fabregas joined from Barca as a 16-year-old, and ends one of football's longest-running transfer sagas. After penning his contract with the Catalan club Fabregas, wearing the number four shirt, was presented to the Barca fans at the Nou Camp.
    He was quoted as saying by the Spanish media: "For me it's a special day. I'm returning home. I know that the Arsenal fans will be disappointed with my exit from the club, but I'm here to face an incredible challenge, the challenge of my life."
    Fabregas joins a Barca side that have won 10 trophies since Pep Guardiola took charge in 2008, including three successive Primera Liga crowns and two Champions Leagues.
    Fabregas praised Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.
    "I'll never have enough words to thank him for all he's done for me," he said. "I'll never forget him. I don't think he has such a good image here, he has been portrayed as something he's not, in my opinion. If today I am here with you then it's greatly due to him. I can't express my admiration for him strongly enough, I owe it to him that I am here."
    Fabregas added: "To get the number four shirt is very special. I know there has been a debate about whether Thiago (Alcantara) should have it but I'm very pleased to be able to wear the number four."
    Fabregas said of his Arsenal career: "It's been a terrific experience. I come here with great humility because I know I have a lot to learn and I can learn a lot from this coach and this great team. I've played with two of them (Lionel Messi and Gerard Pique) since I was 13 and many of the others since I was 18 (with Spain) so I know them very well.
    "I know I can enjoy it and make a contribution. I'm going to try very hard to make this team even more competitive and strong."
    Fabregas insists he is ready to play the second leg of the Spanish Super Cup clash with Real Madrid on Wednesday if called upon following last night's 2-2 first-leg draw in the capital.
    "I didn't see the first leg last night as I was flying over," he said. "But physically I'm fine and ready for everything. It's not my decision whether to play or not. I'm going to work very hard as always and enjoy it. I will give everything to make this club better."
    The transfer had looked to be coming to an end on Friday with suggestions that confirmation of a deal to take Fabregas back to Barca was imminent. Barca goalkeeper Victor Valdes said in a press conference that he believed the transfer was close to being finalised, while his team-mates Carles Puyol and Pique both sent Fabregas messages on Twitter to welcome their Spain colleague, who left Barca for Arsenal as a 16-year-old, back to the Nou Camp.
    However, it was not until last night that the an agreement between the two clubs was made official. Fabregas said: "They have been three or four intense days and I've tried to keep away from it all as much as possible. Until I had permission from Arsenal to travel I was not going to do it. In the end it has all been worth it."
    Fabregas has long been linked with a return to Barca, but rival Spanish giants Real Madrid were also reportedly interested in the World Cup winner. On that subject, Fabregas said: "Today I've signed for Barca and I don't think its worth talking about that."
    The locally-born midfielder added: "I'm not coming here to be with my family. I'm coming here to work hard and win myself a place in the Barca team."
    Fabregas insists he parts with Wenger on good terms. "The relationship is fantastic," he said. "On Friday I said goodbye to him and I got very emotional because he's like a father figure to me. I couldn't even talk at one stage, when I wanted to say how grateful I was. I got a bit emotional and couldn't talk much. I had to send him a message afterwards, saying 'I'll never forget what you've done for me'. If it hadn't been for him I wouldn't be here today, living my dream. I think if Arsenal want to keep being the club they are then they have to always be under his control, because he's the best, everyone respects him, and for me, he will always be the best person that I've met in football."
    Asked about his protracted exit, Fabregas admitted it had been difficult to leave the Gunners and lamented the fact he had been unable to explain himself to the club's fans.
    "I have time to talk about it and I'm sure I'll do an interview especially for them," he said.
    "I'm sorry I couldn't say anything in the last two and a half months, Arsenal wouldn't allow me to talk to anyone, even if I wanted to I couldn't. I'm disappointed and upset about it because I have had a great relationship with the fans over the years. It took time to build this and I'm disappointed I could lose some of them. All I have are words of gratitude. I'll never forget what they have done for me, I gave absolutely everything to the club and I think they know that but it was the right time to come back here. I'm sorry I didn't say anything to them in the last few months but I couldn't. I was very, very sad to leave, I spent one third of my life there, eight years, so I'm very sad but life goes on."

Ee praavishyamenkilum.............eppozhum 2, or 3 sthanam mathramaanu..

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    fabregasum poyille,,,iniyum pratheekshayundo?

surely we need a quality signing.. a matured one..

Actually Samir Nasri was their main player last season , Cesc Fabregas wasn't played that much bcz of injury....i mean in the premier league..so if they can make 1/2 decent signings they can challenge for the title...

Yes someone like Viera
    The Man Who Never Stops To Amaze Me - MAMMOOTTY !!!

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Adhikam pratheekshikandaaa
    The Man Who Never Stops To Amaze Me - MAMMOOTTY !!!