Page 12 of 135 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal FC , Emery at the Emirates

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    Actually Samir Nasri was their main player last season , Cesc Fabregas wasn't played that much bcz of injury....i mean in the premier league..so if they can make 1/2 decent signings they can challenge for the title...
    true.. but whenever fabregas was there on the pitch, the side was playing more fluently.. Nasri is after the money.. now i think Gallas was right.. Gallas left Arsenal because he wanted 2 or more years contract extension but Arsenal have a policy of offering 1 year contract to 30+ aged players.. but Nasri's demands are too high..

Quote Originally Posted by SrK.AjMaL.369 View Post
    Yes someone like Viera
    actually i miss him a lot.. since the day he left Arsenal, they are 'weak'.. I dont understand Wenger's thinking..

Quote Originally Posted by hitman87 View Post
    true.. but whenever fabregas was there on the pitch, the side was playing more fluently.. Nasri is after the money.. now i think Gallas was right.. Gallas left Arsenal because he wanted 2 or more years contract extension but Arsenal have a policy of offering 1 year contract to 30+ aged players.. but Nasri's demands are too high..

actually i miss him a lot.. since the day he left Arsenal, they are 'weak'.. I dont understand Wenger's thinking..
    Why is it so??
    The Man Who Never Stops To Amaze Me - MAMMOOTTY !!!

Quote Originally Posted by hitman87 View Post

Henry,Viera,Pires,etc. were really great assets..

Quote Originally Posted by SrK.AjMaL.369 View Post
    Henry,Viera,Pires,etc. were really great assets..
    Bergkamp,Ljunberg....what bt them?
    Bergkamp was sublime....
    Mammootty can be likened to the purest breed of Red Oak trees- he shall still stand upright, rooted in deep and exposing his ornamental bark in all its glory and charisma.

Quote Originally Posted by Jishnu Anand View Post
    Bergkamp,Ljunberg....what bt them?
    Bergkamp was sublime....
    Yup..they were superb..actually i forgot to mention Ljungberg..
    Last edited by Deewana; 08-25-2011 at 06:10 PM.

They had a wonderful line up till 09..Adebayor,Fabregas,Nasri..all gone
    Last edited by Deewana; 08-25-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Charithram paranjirunnittu karyamundo... Wenger fabrgasinem nasrinem ekkalom pidichondirikkam ennu karuthi transfer marketil silent aayirunnappo orthilla engane okke aakum ennu... last years squad was still lacking a good goalkeeper , some more strength in back n midfiled... may be wenger thought like if van persie injure like last year he needs somebody in front .. so got gervinho.... eppo top playersellam marketinnu poyappo marketil erangan paripaadiyundennu parayunne...

Man Utd lost their best player Cristiano Ronaldo and Tevez in the same season..still they managed ....

Arsenal have only a week left to sort the issues..anyway they qualified for the group stages of the CL...otherwise it might have been a disaster...

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    Man Utd lost their best player Cristiano Ronaldo and Tevez in the same season..still they managed ....

Arsenal have only a week left to sort the issues..anyway they qualified for the group stages of the CL...otherwise it might have been a disaster...
    I dnt understand how ManU still manage..

'Highbury felt like home' - Former captain Cesc Fabregas feels stadium move may have affected Arsenal

Former Gunners captain says move to the Emirates Stadium may be behind lack of recent success and is happy to see Arsene Wenger's side qualify for the Champions League group stage

Cesc Fabregas believes Arsenal’s move away from Highbury to the Emirates Stadium is one of the reasons for their recent lack of success.

The Spaniard, who completed a €40 million (£35m) move to Barcelona earlier this month after eight years with the Gunners, feels the old ground had a special quality to it.

He told reporters: "I have never felt at home as I was at Highbury at any other stadium in the world but it was not my decision, it was the club's decision, it was what they needed in that moment.

"Highbury was a special thing that I don't think will happen anymore, but Arsenal have to make the Emirates their own home now and with their own cabinet of trophies to start all over again."

The midfielder admitted he was happy to watch the Gunners progress to the Champions League group stages after a difficult week for the side, but did reveal he was concerned when Udinese got a goal back and a penalty.

"I watched it and became a bit scared when they scored and got the penalty," said the Spain international.

"But I think after we saved the penalty the game became more comfortable for us and I think we played very well.

"I'm very happy for Arsenal and their fans because they deserve to be in the Champions League.

"It's a big boost for the club and the players, because it is a very difficult season and I am sure from this they will get so much confidence they can move forward."

There will be no possibility of an early reunion for Fabregas and Arsenal, with his Barcelona side also in Pot 1 of the group stage draw.