• Arsenal & Liverpool

0 0%
  • Tottenham & Liverpool

1 8.33%
  • Any Other

0 0%
Page 3 of 974 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: English Premier League 2010/11 - 2012/13

surprising start for Man utd who are notorious slow starters..

rooney is a worry.. he does not seem to be in his elements.

Scholes & Giggs.. still doing it for the devils.. hope the young brigade can be a good support to send them of in a memorable manner in what cud be their season finale..

Quote Originally Posted by moovybuf View Post
    surprising start for Man utd who are notorious slow starters..

rooney is a worry.. he does not seem to be in his elements.

Scholes & Giggs.. still doing it for the devils.. hope the young brigade can be a good support to send them of in a memorable manner in what cud be their season finale..
    Both will retire after this season , that's a worry. Hope this season we will get our trophy back. Rooney will come good , it looks like Berbatov s a man on a mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    Both will retire after this season , that's a worry. Hope this season we will get our trophy back. Rooney will come good , it looks like Berbatov s a man on a mission.
    Berbatov was good, except his finishing.. he needs to be bit more efficient in that respect, otherwise a gem of a player.. hope he delivers..

I have my doubts on Rooney.. He is a rhythmic player.. if he is good, he goes on a run, if bad he goes on a run as well.. will need hernandez to come good..

Ozil wud have been an excellent understudy for Scholes.. he is only 21..

Quote Originally Posted by moovybuf View Post
    Berbatov was good, except his finishing.. he needs to be bit more efficient in that respect, otherwise a gem of a player.. hope he delivers..

I have my doubts on Rooney.. He is a rhythmic player.. if he is good, he goes on a run, if bad he goes on a run as well.. will need hernandez to come good..

Ozil wud have been an excellent understudy for Scholes.. he is only 21..
    Ini paranjittu kaaryamilla , lavane football fascists vaanghi . In Rooney's case SAF s also aware about that , he substituted Rooney too early ...and Hernandez got enough time. Anyway a bright start

Milner deal takes City spending past £1billion mark

James Milner took Manchester City’s spending to astonishing new levels last night when he finally completed his protracted move.
    Milner’s arrival from Aston Villa, in a £26million package that saw Stephen Ireland go the other way, sent City’s total lay-out under mega-rich owner Sheikh Mansour through the £1billion barrier.
    The extraordinary spree, described by Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson this week as ­“kamikaze”, offered conclusive proof - if any more were needed - of City’s relentless drive to become the biggest name in the game.
    In the two years since he took control at Eastlands, the oil-rich Arab has used his seemingly ­limitless financial might to turn City into the richest club in the world and is showing no signs of slowing down.

A total of £355m has been spent on transfers, £487.8m has been committed to wages for new players and those on existing contracts, while the initial ­takeover itself cost £210m.
    Add to that £20m spent on stadium and training ground improvements, and the magical figure of £1.08bn is reached.
    City’s Premier League rivals will be pleased to know their spending in this transfer window is over, according to boss Roberto Mancini who was speaking ahead of tonight’s first-leg Europa League play-off tie here against Timisoara of Romania.
    Milner’s arrival on a five-year, £120,000-a week-deal came too late for him to be included tonight but he will make his debut in the Premier League next Monday at home against Liverpool.
    “I’m very happy to have James with us,” said Mancini. “Everybody knows we have admired him for ­sometime. He can play in every position and we need that. His favourite ­position is in the middle, but he can play wide like he does for England.”
    Robinho did not travel with the City squad to Romania, with the club and player both hopeful of concluding a deal that would see the Brazil World Cup star leave before the close of the transfer window. Schalke and Besiktas are interested in the £32.5m forward, following his failed two-year spell at City.
    Ireland, valued at £8m in the swap that took him to Villa as part of this Milner deal, is desperate for Premier League action again.
    He is set to make his debut on Sunday at Newcastle and will be eligible for the club’s Europa League play-off second leg next week against Rapid Vienna. Ireland’s move ends his miserable spell at City under Mancini where he was frozen out.
    He said: “I want to get back to playing the way I can - I haven’t played 90 minutes in nearly eight or nine months, which isn’t normal really for me.
    “I’ve kind of forgotten the feeling of what it is like to come off after a game tired - winning or losing. I’m not used to sitting it out for so long.
    “I want to get back to playing at the top of my game and I want to work hard for my team-mates.
    “I want to see if my team-mates and myself can push on and achieve something massive this season.”
    Ireland was known as Superman at City where, after scoring, he would flash supporters his blue and red pants in tribute to the film hero.
    He added: “If the right occasion comes the fans can have ­something to smile about as well.”

Gallas edges towards Spurs

Tottenham medical for former Arsenal ace

Former Arsenal captain William Gallas is due for a medical with Tottenham on Friday, skysports.com understands.
    Harry Redknapp has already confirmed his admiration for the 33-year-old, who left Arsenal when his contract expired at the Emirates at the end of last season.
    Italian giants Juventus and Greek side Panathinaikos are amongst a number of continental clubs to hold talks with the former Chelsea star.
    But now it appears that Spurs could be ready to pounce for Gallas and talks are believed to be at an advanced stage.
    Skysports.com understands that Gallas is due to have a medical on Friday, with a view to completing a move to White Hart Lane over the weekend.

VAN DER VAART TEMPTED BY UNITED

Van Der Vaart would only leave Real Madrid for United

RAFAEL VAN DER VAART has given Manchester United a boost by admitting they are the only team he could ever see himself leaving Real Madrid for.
    Sir Alex Ferguson is understood to have made enquiries about the Dutch midfielder, who is one of four Galacticos to have been put up for sale by the Spanish club.
    Van der Vaart, 27, said: “I could never play for another club in Spain and the truth is that if you are leaving Real Madrid, there is only one club you can join that is not a step down – and that’s Manchester United.
    “They are a huge club and if the reported interest they have in me turns out to be true, then I would really have to sit down and listen.
    “If Manchester United could offer me first-team football with the situation as it is at Madrid, it would be very hard to turn down. Alex Ferguson is a great coach and I would never think about joining a team where I didn’t believe I could win things, so all of a sudden that limits your choices.
    “At Manchester United you know success is likely and that’s a big factor for me at this stage of my career.
    “If [Real boss] Jose Mourinho makes it clear I won’t play much, I see my future in English football.”

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    Saturday, 21 August 2010
    Arsenal v Blackpool, 14:00
    Birmingham v Blackburn, 14:00
    Everton v Wolverhampton, 14:00
    Stoke v Tottenham, 14:00
    West Brom v Sunderland, 14:00
    West Ham v Bolton, 14:00
    Wigan v Chelsea, 16:15

Sunday, 22 August 2010
    Newcastle v Aston Villa, 12:30
    Fulham v Man Utd, 15:00

Monday, 23 August 2010
    Man City v Liverpool, 19:00

All Timings are in GMT
    i think there will be few draws today..

Arsenal v Blackpool, (6-0) ; 13',39',58' Walcott , 32' Arshavin , 49' Diaby & 83' Chamakh
    Birmingham v Blackburn, (2-1)
    Everton v Wolverhampton, (1-1)
    Stoke v Tottenham, (1-2)
    West Brom v Sunderland, (1-0)
    West Ham v Bolton, (1-3)

Arsenal v Blackpool (6-0) , FT

13' Walcott
    32' Arshavin (P)
    39' Walcott
    49' Diaby
    58' Walcott
    83' Chamakh

Walcott inspires Gunners rout

Seasiders crash back down to earth at the Emirates

Blackpool were given a harsh Premier League lesson on Saturday as a Theo Walcott hat-trick helped Arsenal to a 6-0 win at Emirates Stadium.
    It took the Gunners just 12 minutes to open the floodgates, with Walcott rounding off a flowing move with a composed finish.
    Blackpool did spurn a great opportunity to haul themselves level moments later through Gary Taylor-Fletcher, but saw any hope they had of giving their illustrious opponents a tough time extinguished shortly after the half-hour mark.
    Once Ian Evatt hacked down Marouane Chamakh in the box and was sent for a nearly bath, the game ended as a contest.
    Andrey Arshavin converted the resulting penalty and Walcott bagged his second of the afternoon six minutes before the interval.
    The Arsenal onslaught continued after the break and Abou Diaby grabbed a fourth for Arsene Wenger's men on 49 minutes as the Seasiders again failed to contain their free-flowing opponents.
    The icing on the cake for the Gunners arrived on 58 minutes when Diaby fed Walcott and he fired low into the corner to complete a memorable treble.
    Seven minutes from time Wenger's men made it six when the hard-working Chamakh rose highest to nod home a corner from substitute Robin van Persie.