Page 34 of 79 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread for Lcd/Led/Plasma (Tv,monitor) buyers

Congrats MB :)
    Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea.

kannur.entegramam.gov.in

Quote Originally Posted by thyfddhreiksl View Post
    hdmi cable vanga ..pc yile ku 3d film dl cheyya ..kanuka...

USB connectivity ille...direct aayi kanamallo.
    Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea.

kannur.entegramam.gov.in

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Cool View Post
    external hard disk undel kanam ...pakshe ella file type onnum support cheyilla ...

Quote Originally Posted by moovybuf View Post
    Thanks to all who gave their inputs Baazigar, Leader, Cool, thycaaddufu(), Giggs.... Baazigar's posts were a real handful.

Bought Panasonic Plasma 3d Full HD after a lot of thought and balancing act between priorities & price..

Started with the idea of LCD and then LED.. But the picture quality on sis's Samsung series-6 LCD from a dishtv connection never had the perfection received on my CRT TV.. Since I was always going to use my TV primarily for watching TV channels (sports, news, malayalm/english movies) , priority was always the performance for SD channels. Although I wanted a HD TV, the input I was going to use @ present was AV (... )..

Meanwhile, I got an excellent offer for Sony EX720 (3D LED).. The price was almost equal to warehouse price. Luckily I had the opportunity to test the TV for reception of Free-to-Air channels from Nilesat. Not surprisingly, the quality was extremely poor.

Then, I stumbled upon another offer for Samsung Plasma (43 d490). 1999 AED + 300 AED voucher. HD ready. this model had encouraging reviews on the sites as well. But the store staff did not offer good support and so decided against buying from there.

In the end bought the Panasonic Plasma which is good value for the money spent, I hope.. (AED 1999 + AED 200 voucher) + 2 3D glasses + 2 3D movies (Avatar + ).

Tested it for AV input from STB with factory default setting:

- Better picture quality than Samsung Series 6 LCD with the source remaining the same. Didn't feel much difference from the CRT TV although I expected stretched pixels. Not sure if the upscale engine in Panasonic is better than that in Samsung.
    - brightness is not that good, but was expected.
    - sound quality is acceptable, nothing great.
    - easy to use menu.
    - plays movies from the USB (which was very important). tested .avi, .mkv, .mp4 successfully. Also have a SD card input.

Got to do some tweaks on the settings and it might give a better picture, not sure though.

the only worry that remains is the electricity bill......
    Entethum 42" Panasonic Palsma aanu....HD Ready....

Ente oru friend paranju CRT-kku edukkunna athrayum amount electricity Palsam-kku edukkilla ennu..

Any idea?

more easy... store in usb and then watch it directly..

external hard disk undel kanam ...pakshe ella file type onnum support cheyilla ...
    .mkv, .avi, .mp4, divx angane oru paadu formats suport cheyyumm ithokeyaanallo main..

Quote Originally Posted by ClubAns View Post
    Entethum 42" Panasonic Palsma aanu....HD Ready....

Ente oru friend paranju CRT-kku edukkunna athrayum amount electricity Palsam-kku edukkilla ennu..

Any idea?
    may be.. becos the power consumtion inplasma is more dynamic.. when thre r lighter pictures, the usage will be less..

but if u go by pure numbers, then plasma is the highest of the lot...

Are u using receiver hd??

Quote Originally Posted by moovybuf View Post
    .mkv, .avi, .mp4, divx angane oru paadu formats suport cheyyumm ithokeyaanallo main..
    ente experience il usb out nekkal quality/smooth pic kittuanthu hdmi out aanu ..entha reason ennu ariyilla....3d blue ray ennokke parayumbo 25 gb okke size varille ...athu usb yil ninnu buffer cheyyan ulla strain aavum...

Pc blu ray player drivil 3d support cheyyumo?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Cool View Post
    Will the usb drive support 3d playing?