Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread for Lcd/Led/Plasma (Tv,monitor) buyers

OnePlus TV Official Name, Logo Revealed Ahead of Formal Launch

OnePlus on Wednesday formally announced the official name of its much-awaited smart TV. The Shenzhen-based company said that its first smart TV product would be simply called the OnePlus TV, which is notably the original name of the project that was announced last year. Alongside revealing the name of its first smart TV, the company has released the logo that will be associated with the device. The formal launch date of the OnePlus TV is yet to be revealed. However, a recent report suggested that the launch could take place sometime in late September.

"Yes, we are going to call our very first smart TV product 'OnePlus TV' ? simple yet to-the-point ? as we believe there's no other name that can best represent our value, vision and pride than naming it with our own brand," OnePlus said in a forum post.

The project to develop the OnePlus TV was announced back in September last year. Soon after it was announced, the company initiated a contest to find a relevant name for its first smart TV. A dedicated team was also established to kick off the TV development, which is indeed something new for the company that is popular for launching only flagship smartphones.

OnePlus said in its latest forum post that the OnePlus TV was created with its "Never Settle" spirit and "burdenless" design philosophy. Nevertheless, the key features and specifications of the smart TV are yet to be announced.

"Honestly, it was harder than you could imagine during the naming process as we have seen so many creative names which made it a difficult decision," the company wrote in the post. "Eventually, we chose to be true to our core values, but we are thankful for all the suggestions from you."

For the logo design, OnePlus didn't make any major changes from what we have seen in the branding of its smartphones. There is the numeric one with the "+" sign, which is the company's native logo, alongside the word "TV".

"We were inspired by classic geometric progression, which can be seen from so many classic art forms, such the ancient Hindu symbol, the mandala, and the famous ancient Greek temple, Heraion of Argos," the company underlined in the forum post while elaborating the logo design.

The launch date of the OnePlus TV is still a mystery. However, if we go by a previous report, it may debut on September 26. A recent certification listing also suggested that the company would have a variety of screen sizes ranging from 43 inches to 75 inches. The TV is speculated to run Google's Android TV and could have some variants with OLED panels. Moreover, it would initially arrive in India, China, and the US.

The OnePlus TV will have eight speakers and built-in Dolby Atmos support

Can OnePlus raise the bar for integrated TV sound?

TV speakers are historically not great, a fact that has fueled the soundbar and home theater audio businesses for years. But the latest details about the upcoming OnePlus TV indicate that it might try to change that conversation: a leaked Amazon listing reveals that the OnePlus TV will offer eight integrated speakers with 50W of power and Dolby Atmos support, via 9to5Google.

Those are impressive specs for built-in speakers, at least on paper, the sort that generally only show up on devices like the LG C8 (which is perhaps the best TV on the market, with the $1,000-plus price tag to match). We’ll have to wait to hear how the OnePlus TV sounds to make any real judgments, but it’s interesting to see that the company is trying at all, given how bad the state of most built-in speakers on cheaper TVs currently is. We live in a world where Roku gave up and started making its own speakers that pair with Roku smart TVs to improve the overall experience, so there’s plenty of room for improvement here.

OnePlus’ entire brand is built on offering premium experiences at more affordable prices. So if the company can offer a high-end TV set that doesn’t break the bank, with speakers that don’t require a separate investment in a soundbar, it could add up to a compelling product. That said, it’ll heavily depend on how much the OnePlus TV costs, a crucial detail that hasn’t leaked yet.

The new information on the speakers joins the other details that have already been revealed: the TV set will offer a 55-inch 4K QLED panel, and it will run Google’s Android TV operating system. According to an announcement from OnePlus founder Pete Lau, the OnePlus TV will launch first in India, with launches to follow in North America, Europe, and China “as soon as we establish partnerships with most of local and regional content providers.”
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

iniyoru TV vaangunnengil LG de rollable TV aayirikkanam ennanu aagraham...athinu njan aadhyam oru lekshaprabhu aakendiyirikkunnu...😓😓😓😓

Sent from my S9 Plus using Tapatalk
    "നമുക്കൊരു ഒന്നൊ​ന്നര പടമുണ്ടെന്നു പറ" !!

Planning to get a new TV. I usually don't watch TV and initial plan was to get a 32 inches led.(for parents). But suddenly I thought why not stream movies on TV and hence started confusion. Found couple of smart TV below 10k online.

Doubt one.... Can I stream movies in smart TV with my Mobile data ? Mine is airtel and network here is so so

Or should I go for a chrome cast on a regular led TV?

Oru led TV plus chrome cast price is almost same as smart TV.

Any suggestions?
    വിരഹത്തിൻ ചൂടേറ്റു വാടിക്കൊഴിഞ്ഞു നീ
    വിടപറയുന്നോരാ നാളിൽ
    നിറയുന്ന കണ്ണുനീര്തുള്ളിയിൽ സ്വപ്നങ്ങൾ
    ചിറകറ്റു വീഴുമാ നാളിൽ
    മൗനത്തിൽ മുങ്ങുമെൻ ഗദ്ഗദം മന്ത്രിക്കും
    മംഗളം നേരുന്നു തോഴീ

Quote Originally Posted by ballu View Post
    Planning to get a new TV. I usually don't watch TV and initial plan was to get a 32 inches led.(for parents). But suddenly I thought why not stream movies on TV and hence started confusion. Found couple of smart TV below 10k online.

Doubt one.... Can I stream movies in smart TV with my Mobile data ? Mine is airtel and network here is so so

Or should I go for a chrome cast on a regular led TV?

Oru led TV plus chrome cast price is almost same as smart TV.

Any suggestions?
    Mobileil play cheyyunna movie TVil kaanan aano at the same time?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by firecrown View Post
    Mobileil play cheyyunna movie TVil kaanan aano at the same time?

Athe.. Eppo ulla subscription vetchu thanne tvyil kaanalo?
    Netflix maatram mobile only subscription annu... Amazon and zee5 onnum anghane restrictions ellalo?
    വിടപറയുന്നോരാ നാളിൽ
    ചിറകറ്റു വീഴുമാ നാളിൽ
    മംഗളം നേരുന്നു തോഴീ

Athe.. Eppo ulla subscription vetchu thanne tvyil kaanalo?
    Netflix maatram mobile only subscription annu... Amazon and zee5 onnum anghane restrictions ellalo?
    Veettil broadband net connection undo with WiFi?

* 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by firecrown View Post
    Veettil broadband net connection undo with WiFi?

Ella... Only mobile data
    വിടപറയുന്നോരാ നാളിൽ
    ചിറകറ്റു വീഴുമാ നാളിൽ
    മംഗളം നേരുന്നു തോഴീ

Ella... Only mobile data
    Mobile data daily limit ille?

Quote Originally Posted by Hari View Post