UNSTOPPABLE REVIEW

Last Friday me and my wife watched UNSTOPPABLE @ Cinestar Cinemas, Deira City Centre, Dubai. Please find a short review of the movie

Date : 26th Dec'10
Showtime : 7 PM

Short Synopsis
"Unstoppable," is about a runaway train carrying a cargo of toxic chemicals. An engineer and his conductor is pitted against a train in a race against time. They're chasing the runaway train in a separate locomotive and need to bring it under control before it derails on a curve and causes a toxic spill that will decimate a town.

Tony Scott rarely makes a bad movie. Really enjoyed this, moved at a cracking pace and didn't let up until the very end. It was an old fashioned almost 70's style movie. Denzel was the same as he is in everything, he really doesn't have much range but I still find him likable anyway. Chris Pine is a bit too much of a pretty boy to be believable in this kind of role but did a good enough job.

The story wasn't really anything new but it was directed with Scott's usual visual flair which is why it gets a higher rating than it would get if it was another Director.

Positives : Denzel Washington, duration (1.5 hrs only), excellent BGM, action scenes

Rating : 8/10
</SPAN></SPAN>
The tension level was so high that we found myself gripping the seat on more than one occassion