Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No One Killed Jessica - My review

Default No One Killed Jessica - My review

2011 started with Bollywood's most awaited movie No One Killed Jessica, which released on January 7, 2011.
    Seeing the excellent Critics' report, I went for the movie FDFS @INOX (even my first time visit to INOX)..

Rani (after a long time) and Vidyaplayed marvellous performances.. Director, Rajkumar Gupta (of Aamir's fame), has done it again by creating a thrilling mix of reality and drama in this movie.

I thought the storyline of the film was surrounding the much-publicised murder case and no one would be there in the theatres especially on Friday FDFS.. But i was wrong.. The theatre was almost full..
    No One Killed Jessica is based on the very fascinating story of model Jessica Lall murder case, one that confined the communal conscience of India and galvanized a latent middle-class into taking action.

Story Plot: A young model is shot dead as she rejected to serve up a powerful politician’s son a drink at late night party. The murderer gets away as of his relations, although when a forceful reporter takes it upon herself to resolve the case, things change.

Star Cast: Vidya Balan plays Sabrina, Jessica’s sister, who find out soon enough that fighting against a crooked system in India is of no use, even though many people witnessed her sister’s murder.
    Rani Mukherjee plays Star reporter Meera Gaity who originally doesn’t think the case is worth her time, takes it upon herself to break the case, when a lower court release all charged in the case. Her investigative reporting shakes the system forcing public complaints and re-opening of the case.

Response inside the theatre: the audiences (mix of males females) were glued to their seats... 80% full..

Positives: Vidya Balan - too good..
    Rani Mukherjee - plays the role of the reporter nicely..
    May be the two will get nominations..
    Negatives: few members of the supporting cast.. they could have done justice to the role given to them..

My Verdict: On the whole it doesn’t fairly make the impact it could have made. The length could have been edited.. felt like sleeping @ some stage..
    Last edited by hitman87; 07-15-2011 at 06:25 PM.
    Every flight begins with a fall.

Thanks hitman........

Quote Originally Posted by E Y E M A X View Post
    Thanks hitman........
    welcome eyemax..

Thankz hitman..

thanks hitman

thankz hitman......

welcome all!!

thanks hitman

thankss hitman... main section il idamayirunnu...

welcome all..