Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dhobi Ghat - Review

Default Dhobi Ghat - Review

Dhobi ghat - ekm little shenoys

ok first of all the title dhobi ghat itself is a bad choice for the movie, it has little significance to teh movie, mumbai diaries was a better choice, an apt one....the movie is like few pages from a diary, starting from nowhere and has an open ending...

It tells the story of Mumbai through few interesting and not so intersting characters, A bihari uneducated settled in Mumbai- Sohail aka Munna works as a Dhobi, A not so popular painter Arun whos a loner, A young lady from US whos on her vacation, carries a camera and captures Mumbai suburbs, a young muslin gal whos shown only though a video , her empathy for goats and how/why she hates bakreed and ultimately becomes a bakra ..

All these four characters are somehow connected and helps the story to move forward...

aamir khan has a good role, he was good and looks his age with those grey hairs and cool in those short kurtas
    prateik as expected was good but i dont think he carried the body language of a bihari dhobi, he looked a little more elegant for the part but emoted well..
    the female lead was good
    good bgm, good cinematography, a different way of narration works in favor of the film

negatives
    slow pace, the pace was expected but it drags a bit more than expected
    its not great movie as it is made out to be, its good.

i watched the movie with my wife and this is the first time we contradict our opinion on a movie, she said the movie was plain boring, didnt entertain , didnt touch her and the direction was nuthing to rave abt and asked me what i really liked abt it :))

i liked the way kiran rao produced the flavour of mumbai,the life and breath of mumbai, i am half mumbaikar, i have spent more than 10 years of my life in mumbai, i have observed mumbai, i know te flavour, the essence and it cannot be explained u have to really feel it, its not the mumbai they often show in movies , this is one rare movie that understood the flavour , u have to feel it -- my rating is simply because i got it/felt it - 3.25/5

thanks kevin

Thanks Kevin for the review

Thnks da

FK Visitor

thnx kevin...

gud review......!!!!!

thanks bhai........

thanks kevin..............

thankss kevin...

thanks kevin

Thanks Kevin