Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vicky Donor - Lakhon Mein Ek (Getting +ve reviews)

Default Vicky Donor - Lakhon Mein Ek (Getting +ve reviews)

About
    Vicky Donor is an upcoming Bollywood romantic comedy film directed by Shoojit Sircar and produced by actor John Abraham. The film stars Ayushmann Khurrana, Yami Gautam and Annu Kapoor in the lead roles. It is set to release on April 20, 2012. It is based on the concept of sperm donation and infertility.

Cast
    Ayushmann Khurana as Vicky Arora
    Annu Kapoor as Dr. Baldev Chaddha
    Yami Gautam
    John Abraham

Crew
    Director - Shoojit Sircar

Producer - John Abraham, Sunil Lulla, Ronnie Lahiri

Co-Producer - Ram Mirchandani

Story, Screenplay & Dialogues - Juhi Chaturvedi

Editor - Shekhar Prajapati

Director of Photography - Kamaljeet Negi

Background Music - Abhishek - Akshay

Sound Design - Bishwadeep Chatterjee

Costume Designer - Veera Kapur

Media Consultants - Raindrop Media

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jme-VkIzkoU]Vicky Donor - Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiItLWWxgOI]Pani Da Rang - Official Song - Vicky Donor - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by hitman87; 04-21-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Synopsis

Dr Baldev Chaddha (Anu Kapoor) , a well qualified fertility expert, runs a fertility clinic and a sperm bank in Dariyaganj, New Delhi, that guarantees a high quality and specialized sperm for the purpose. Unfortunately he has more failed cases to his credit than successes. A healthy, high performing donor is the need of the hour. Vicky Arora (Ayushmann Khurrana), a young, good-looking, Punjabi boy from Lajpat Nagar, is the only son and of no financial support to Dolly, a widow, who runs a small beauty parlor from home.As luck would have it, a small brawl in the colony brings Dr Chaddha and Vicky, face to face, where Chaddha, concludes that Vicky could be THAT donor he has been looking for. From here on, Chaddha's days and nights are spent in convincing Vicky to become a donor till he finally gives in. Vicky finds his love interest in Ashima Roy (Yami Gautam), a pretty Bengali girl, who works in a Bank. But soon there hunky dory world comes crashing down because of Vickys past as a donor. With a brief emotional roller coaster ride, Vicky Donor is a light-hearted take on the subject of sperm donation.
    Last edited by hitman87; 04-13-2012 at 02:58 PM.

John Abraham turns producer with Vicky Donor

Mumbai: John Abraham has turned producer and is set to make cutting edge entertainers with international appeal under his banner J.A. Entertainment Pvt Ltd. Director Shoojit Sircar's Vicky Donor will be his first project, but he won't act in it.

"It was a conscious decision to not act in my first production because I believe producing a film is about creating quality content that I believe in. Shoojit is a director par excellence and when he narrated the script to me, I wanted to bring this breakthrough commercial cinema to the audience at large," John said in a statement.

After producing commercials for Haier, Philips Mens range and Nikon Coolpix, he has decided to venture into commercial films akin to the actor's sensibilities.

John will make Vicky Donor in association with Rising Suns Films Pvt Ltd.

"I'm glad John has agreed to take this film ahead as his first venture as producer. We are on the same wavelength, which is most important for any relationship," said Sircar.

John has roped in technicians from Los Angeles for the film. He may also collaborate with acclaimed action trainer-turned-filmmaker JJ Perry.

Meanwhile he will be seen in Desi Boyz, which is releasing Nov 25. Apart from that he has Race 2 and Shootout at Wadala in his kitty.

He has also made a special appearance in Allu Arjun starrer Telugu movie Bunny.

John Abraham proud of his first ‘baby’

Actor and former marketing professional John Abraham has finally got an opportunity to make the best use of his core skills through the promotions of his first production, Vicky Donor. The film that the actor prefers to terms as his ‘baby’ releases on May 11. The 39-year-old is proud of the fact that his first venture is not riding on his star power but will sell entirely because of the rich content.
    The romantic comedy stars VJ-turned-actor Ayushmann Khurrana and Yami Gautam, and revolves around sperm donation and infertility, a controversial subject that John claims has been presented non-offensively.

John speaks...
    On Vicky Donor,The subject is about sperm donation, which has been a taboo to discuss, but were not homosexuality and extra-marital affair a taboo too, before Dostana and Jism happened

Debut as a producer
    My crew was shocked to see my limited involvement in the film, unlike other producers, who just ride their money on the film and cash in on their star power by acting in it

Turning director
    That is the ultimate dream and is inevitable. Ron Howard, Mel Gibson, Clint Eastwood, George Clooney are the case in point and I will hopefully follow suit

Losing 10-15 kilos
    I'm losing a lot of weight for Shootout at Wadala as looks, casting and performance are like the legs of a tripod stand - without one the other falls, so I need to perfect all three

Deepi-Taurani tiff
    My dates for Ramesh Taurani's Race 2 have been changed. I've to redo some scenes as Deepika isn't doing the film. May all get sorted between them

On selling his film Vicky donor will definitely be presented to the masses but I'm not going to spend a bomb mindlessly by giving jacket ads to the newpapers as I've to save my studio's money.

Introducing John’s new hero: Ayushman Khurana

With a background in theatre, VJ-turned-actor Ayushman Khurana came to Mumbai to make it in films three years ago.

But he ended up as a VJ on MTV and then hosted some other shows. Now, he has finally earned his Bollywood break. The actor will be seen as the lead in Vicky Donor, a film produced by John Abraham.

Says Ayushman, “John is an intelligent man and comes from a marketing background. He knows the tricks of the trade and won’t do anything frivolous. He treated me like a younger brother.”

The Force actor has been reportedly involved in the filmmaking process of Vicky Donor at every step. He, along with director Shoojit Sarkar, keeps track of the casting and even the music.

Incidentally, it was the director who recommended Ayushman for the part, but John gave him pointers on how to handle the industry. “He suggested that I keep a low profile and be humble,” Ayushman adds.

The role required an actor who would look convincing as a young Punjabi guy. “And I am from Chandigarh, my Punjabi is fluent. I can read and write in it too,” enthuses the actor. Based in Delhi, Vicky Donor revolves around a good-for-nothing college graduate called Vicky, “who eventually ends up becoming a sperm donor.”

While shooting in Lajpat Nagar in New Delhi, Ayushman interacted with quite a few “middle class aunties” who had no clue about sperm donation.

“They asked me what it meant and how it worked. I had a tough time getting out of that one,” the debutant jokes, before adding, “The concept is unique and it will raise questions and even shock people.”

John Abraham takes shortcut for Vicky Donor

The promotional video for 'Vicky Donor' which was supposed to be shot over four days was shot in less than two days.

After much hype that he won't be a part of his first production, John Abraham has finally shot for a promotional video for the film Vicky Donor. And being a producer over an actor, he ensured that the song was shot before time.

John Abraham along with the lead actors of the film Ayushmann Khurrana, Yami Gautam and Anu Kapoor will be seen in a song called 'Rum Whiskey'. The song was recently shot in a Mumbai studio where it was supposed to be picturized over four days. But once the actors started shooting for the number, it didn't take as long as they thought it would.

Credit it to the team's enthusiasm or the John Abraham trying to cut costs at the producer, but the team ended up shooting the song is less that two days. The actors, choreographer and other technicians did have to work a little overtime but the song was completed within 18 hours flat. Of course John Abraham went a step ahead to ensure that everyone was happy and everything went fine.

Introducing Ayushman Khurrana in Vicky Donor

Ayushman Khuranna is an Indian Television actor, VJ and anchor who is foraying into Hindi movies with John Abraham’s maiden production Vicky Donor.

The 27-year-old Chandigarh-born celebrity has quite a fan base in India as he has appeared on MTV Roadies and has anchored popular reality shows like India’s Got Talent and Music Ka Maha Muqqabla.

While the UK audience, may not know his earlier work, Ayushman is sure to be recognised by them for hosting Just Dance, a dance based reality show. Just Dance was aired on Star Plus UK last year and was one of the most popular shows of the year.

Ayushman, who is a pure Punjabi and also plays one in his debut film Vicky Donor told our UK reporter Sunny Malik that besides being an actor, he is a permanent VJ for MTV India.

“I am a permanent VJ for MTV India. I have also hosted IPL Season 3, India’s Got Talent (mostly the second season) and I was also a contestant in MTV Roadies which is a reality show series in India which is very popular,” said Khuranna about his work.

Now the actor, who has studied journalism, is gearing up for his first Hindi film release Vicky Donor, produced by John Abraham Productions and released by Eros International in the UK.

Also starring, Annu Kapoor and Yami Gautam, Vicky Donor is directed by Shoojit Sarcar and is a light-hearted romantic-comedy which also discusses sperm donation.

I don't have a godfather: Ayushmann Khurrana

Mumbai: From being a contestant on a TV reality show to a host and now a lead in his debut film 'Vicky Donor', VJ-turned actor Ayushmann Khurrana, says the journey of an outsider has never been easy in films but feels that star kids very much deserve to be in the industry.

"I think if I was a star kid I would have made by debut four years back. But I don't have a godfather in the industry and I have made my own niche and I am proud of it. But that is ok, star kids deserve to get opportunities because their parents worked really hard," Ayushmann told PTI in an interview.

"I think there are lot of star kids are doing well like Ranbir Kapoor. I think he is the flag bearer of RK Films.. he is brilliant as an actor. And gradually he wants to become a director and revive R K Films banner and that is really commendable.. he is a superstar. I think even Arjun Kapoor is looking very good in 'Ishqzaade'.. I think they deserve to be there," he said.

"But it is slightly difficult for outsiders... but it doesn t matter much.. it happens everywhere even in business they have their children joining the business. So it doesn't matter much... that is the rule of the book," the actor said.

Ayushmann shot to fame with the second season of reality show MTV Roadies in 2004 where he emerged winner. Thereafter he completed his studies and took up a job as a Radio Jockey in Delhi, and later hosted quite a few shows for MTV, reality shows like 'India s Got Talent' and Just Dance and several award functions. He was a presenter for Extra Innings T20 (IPL), season three.

"But I always wanted to be an actor. I did journalism, radio.. Roadies happened when I was in college in 2004. Most of the reality show contestants shift their base to Mumbai and try their luck in films and television. I could have done that but I was not ready that time, I was not prepared for it. So I went back completed my education and in 2008 I became VJ after doing radio and other stuff," the 27-year-old said.

Now, with 'Vicky Donor', Ayushmann makes his acting debut in Bollywood opposite TV actress Yami Gautam. The film directed by Shoojit Sircar is based on the concept of sperm donation and infertility.

"There were some offers before this film happened. Like some offers were for second leads, sometimes directors did not like me or vice versa. So I was waiting for the right opportunity, right director. As always I am open to good quality roles, I can do anything and everything be it on television or films provided it is qualitative," Ayushmaan said.

The film produced by John Abraham hits cinema houses on April 20. Talking about differences between small and big screen, the debutant actor says, "I have not done fiction shows on television.. I am used to doing anchoring and presenting shows and that is like talking to camera and when it comes to films it is like ignoring the camera."

"You have to be ignorant of the fact that the camera is catching every moment. So both are completely different mediums and I had to unlearn a lot, because I had the tendency to look into the camera. So I had to brush up my theatre skills."

"When you do television, you can fool around, do buffoonery, but when it comes to films you have to be choosy. Even I am proud of the choices I have made on television, I have been a VJ, did anchoring...so it is all about choices you make, but when it comes to films you always have to be particular," he said.

Kidilan Trailer Chirichu chathu
    തോണി നിറഞ്ഞ് പ്രാണൻ കവിഞ്ഞ്
    ഈണമായ് നമ്മിൽ.... മെല്ലേ...മായാനദി...

John Abraham's 'Vicky Donor' based on a true incident?

Mumbai: The inspiration behind John Abraham's upcoming film on sperm donation actually came from the actor's close friends. The, couple who were married for several years, had to rely on a sperm donor to have a child they could call their own.

A close friend of John says, "One of their friends told the couple about sperm donation. They finally followed this and looked for donation banks. They finally found a sperm donor who changed their lives. The film is inspired from their experience but it's not a serious take. John wanted the film to convey the message in a very lighthearted manner."

The identity of the couple however has not been revealed. "John is very protective of his friends and doesn't want to reveal their names. It's something very personal," adds the friend. The actor remained unavailable for comments.