Minisha Lamba
    Prachi Desai
    Vindu Dara Singh
    Music
    Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy
    G V Prakash Kumar

Check out: Sonakshi goes 'Dance Karle English Mein' for Joker

By Joginder Tuteja, April 14, 2011 - 10:19 IST

While Munnis, Sheilas, Razias and Shalus are making waves for all the right reason, it can be rest assured that one won't be seeing the last of the item numbers this season. That's because the latest to hit the dance floor with vengeance is none other than Sonakshi Sinha who would be coming up with some enticing moves of her own in a special song and dance sequence 'Dance Karle English Mein' for Joker. Though it is not a quintessential item song like the aforementioned ones, it is bound to present Sonakshi in a new light altogether, especially after a rather silent call that she took in Dabangg.

"'Dance Karle English Mein' is pretty much a part of the film but comes with its own fun flavour. Sonakshi gets into a full-on 'jhatak-matak' mode for this song which is set in a village. Though it is not raunchy by any means, it has in it to reach out to the masses in a big way", informs a senior unit member.

There is a story behind the placement of this song in the film. Contrary to misconception amongst a few, Sonakshi is not playing a village belle in the film. In fact she and Akshay Kumar return from abroad to their village and adopt 'desi' mannerisms to mix up with the folks there. This is what leads to a situation where the number crops up.

"For Shirish too it was a new setting altogether as his Jaan-E-Mann had an out and out Western classy look where his songs like 'Humko Maaloom Hain' and 'Sau Dard Hai' had an opera look and feel to them. However for Joker, he too is letting his hair down", the source continues.

When contacted, the director did acknowledge that 'Dance Karle English Mein' is a special song but refrained from calling it as an item number or being even remotely similar to the genre followed by 'Munni' or 'Sheila'.

"Let's look at every song in its own individuality", says Shirish, "This is a special song in the film as it has lyrics in ten languages. We had a ball shooting for it. Also, Sonakshi was a revelation. From being someone coy in Dabangg, it was a welcome change for her too to show a different side of her persona."

Well, if this picture is any indication, Sonakshi surely seems to have a lot up her sleeves! Joker team having a blast courtesy Akshay Kumar
    By Subhash K. Jha, February 22, 2011 - 11:11 IST
    Akshay Kumar has become more of a family man with the passage of time. He hates being away from his wife and son for long periods. He prefers to shoot out of Mumbai preferably during his son Aarav's holidays so that his wife Twinkle and his son can join him for long outdoors.

Last week when he had to leave for Chandigarh for a long spell of shooting, Akshay's son had school to attend and couldn't come along. Akshay was homesick and lonely. Twinkle and Aarav would now be joining Akshay in Chandigarh over every weekend when Aarav has two days off.

Says a source from Chandigarh, "Akshay has been really missing his wife and son. He told Shirish to get his wife Farah and their triplets over so that there would be a family atmosphere while they shoot. He has even asked Sonakshi to invite her parents to Chandigarh where he will play host."

And now Shrish's better-half Farah is also joining in the revelry. Taking a break from her schedules in Mumbai, Farah has decided to take off for Chandigarh with her triplets.

Sonakshi of course is completely regaled by her hero. She sees a lot of likeness between her first leading man Salman and Akshay. They both treat her with kids' gloves and can't do without their families.

It's one prankster to another for Sonakshi Sinha. If Salman Khan was a masti-khor during all of Dabangg, Akshay Kumar is non-stop fun and games. He has Sonakshi in splits in Chandigarh, so much so that onlookers often wonder if the joke is on them.

Akshay's back problem seems to have vanished in the pure unpolluted air of Chandigarh. Shooting for Joker, Akshay's first film in 3-D, is a picnic thanks to Akshay's never-ending antics.

"Akshay's antics have us in splits. When we had unseasonal rains here in Chandigarh and were confined indoors Akshay was a one-man entertainment show for us. He's a very patient and co-operative actor. It certainly helps to have a hero like that," says Shirish.

About the shooting in 3-D, Shirish says, "It is not very different from shooting a normal film since I always shot visuals with a lot of scale and depth. The most important thing for 3-D is a good depth of field in every frame and a lot of patience.
    Check out: Joker cast gets into fusion mix

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, April 5, 2011 - 11:36 IST

The makers of Joker, had a unique challenge in hand which was to dress up their characters in as weird and funny manner as possible. Though the film stars actors like Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha, who are expected to look chic and stylish in every outing of theirs, there is a particular setting in Joker, which required them to go on the contrary.

"Joker has a village setting to it, with characters playing simpletons who come from humble backgrounds. However, there is a moment in the story where they get rich. Now for these villagers turning rich means spending money on clothes and accessories. Since they don't have a sense of style and believe that wearing an array of western accessories equates to being funky, they end up buying random shoes, shades, and other accessories of various shapes and sizes. The end result is a comic setting that can be seen from the still above", informs a senior crew member.

Joker is a fantastical affair by Shirish Kunder which promises to take audience into a new world, while being aided with 3D technology. While there are talks about it being a sci-fi film with aliens being an integral part of the film's narrative, one only gets intrigued with how it all fits in with such a funny looking wired setup as can be evidenced from this film still.

"Well, for this you would have to wait to see how the story unfolds, any thing more that I say at this point in time will end up revealing the film's story line", laughs Shirish, "All I can say is that shooting for this part of the film was one of the most hilarious experiences that we had during our stay at Chandigarh. We went berserk while buying these artefacts from the actual mela that was set for the film. In fact, the shades which Sonakshi is wearing were bought by her only. She sneaked out to a near by market place and picked it up on her own."
    Check out: Akshay and Sonakshi dance in mud for Joker

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, March 29, 2011 - 16:39 IST

Here is presenting an exclusive still from Joker on which we have managed to lay our hands on. As can be seen, the still pretty much gives an impression of this being a fun film, what with Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha leading the bunch with a dance in mud.

Though the makers (Shirish Kunder, Farah Khan, UTV) are unwilling to share any details around the situation in the film that involves this mud dance, it is pretty obvious that the song setting is rural here with Minissha Lamba being the sole individual to have stepped in from a city (look out for her chic Western outfit). As for Sonakshi, she appears to be continuing her 'gaon ki gori' act from Dabangg, something that should keep her established fan base happy. With Shreyas Talpade seemingly in a fun world of his own, other characters like Sanjay Mishra, veteran Asrani and Vindoo Dara Singh are filling the frame as well.

What is surprising though is to see Akshay Kumar in an altogether different get up from what one has been seeing of him in films like (upcoming) Thank You, Tees Maar Khan, Housefull, Action Replayy or Khatta Meetha - his last few releases. Though he has played a villager in Singh Is Kinng, he was in Sikh attire there. However in Joker, he seems to have entered the interiors of the country and gone authentic with his villager act.

With all the talks of aliens, sci-fi, Alice In Wonderland fantasy world look and feel and now a rural setting, it could well be some intriguing offering from the makers her

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Admin/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG] Minisha Lamba to play journalist in Joker
    By Bollywood Hungama News Network, March 21, 2011 - 17:06 IST
    After Preity Zinta and many others, it seems that the petite Minissha Lamba is now all set to play a journalist in the Shirish Kunder's Joker, a film that stars Akshay Kumar, Sonakshi Sinha and Shreyas Talpade.

In 2008, Minissha was seen playing a news reporter in Samar Khan's Shaurya. The actress now plays a journalist again on the silver screen, however this time in a comic 3D film.

Salman and Katrina all set to come together for Joker

By Joginder Tuteja, March 15, 2011 - 12:08 IST
    Now this has to be one of the biggest developments in tinsel world in recent times. Regardless of their on-off personal relationship, Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif would be pairing up again. This would be for Joker where the two are all set to shake a leg with Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha in a specially designed song and dance sequence. Though both are yet to sign on the dotted line, sources claim that it would be a mere formality. The song would be picturised post monsoons once the principle shooting of Joker would be wrapped up.

Says a source attached to the film, "Joker is a big film and to substantiate the hype it is generating, it was obvious that there were more added attractions to it. The makers always had a place for a highlight song and dance sequence in the film. While Akshay and Sonakshi, the main leads in the film, obviously feature in the song, Shirish wanted to spice it up further. This is where he thought of Salman and Katrina."

This would perhaps be the first time ever when two top superstars would be roped in for a guest appearance in an item number. Though earlier there have been numerous instances of big stars giving their nod of approval to participate in a jig (Salman recently did that with 'Wallah Re Wallah' in Tees Maar Khan), one has seldom seen a couple coming together for a similar act.

"What further makes it interesting is the fact that this couple is none other than Salman and Katrina", continues the source, "The world has been speculating around whether they can see eye to eye or not but the fact is that they are quite decent with each other. They share a very cordial relationship and since Katrina is quite close to Salman's family, there will never be any awkward moments between the two."

Even professionally it only works for all involved to have this specially designed number turn into a reality. For Joker, presence of Salman and Katrina along with Akshay and Sonakshi will suddenly make the film look a lot bigger. Also, Katrina has benefited immensely from 'Sheila Ki Jawaani' and one doesn't see any reason for her to say no to the same makers when it comes to Joker. As for Salman, he has always been there for friends and since he shares a good camaraderie with Farah, Shirish (he worked with him in Jaan-E-Mann) as well as Akshay, he can well be expected to be just a call away.

When contacted, Shirish wasn't willing to go into details. However he did confirm that such a song has indeed been designed and there would be two superstars who would be joining Akshay and Sonakshi on the dance floor. "There are things moving in that direction for sure", he smiles, "However, let me not divulge too much into who would feature in this song. Let that be a surprise for a while naa. Why to let the cat out of bag so soon?"

Hope by cat, he indeed meant Kat here!

Joker completes its first schedule in Chandigarh

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, March 14, 2011 - 14:25 IST

The first schedule of Shirish Kunder's Joker is now complete. The cast of the film including Akshay Kumar, Sonakshi Sinha, Shreyas Talpade, Minissha Lamba and Vindu have just finished a month long schedule in Chandigarh and now return to Mumbai.

Needless to say, the schedule was a total blast for the entire cast and crew. Sonakshi Sinha tweeted, "Ek mahina kaise nikla pata hi nahi chala. BIG thank u to all the Jokers for making it so memorable!" Shirish Kunder too seems happy with the way this schedule has ended. The director tweeted, "Coming back to Mumbai after shooting in Chandigarh for a month. Taking with me a lot of pleasant memories."
    Saadhus do 'cameo' in Shirish Kunder's Joker

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, March 3, 2011 - 14:23 IST

The grand festival of Mahashivratri was extra special for Shirish Kunder and Farah Khan this year. The reason? Well, Farah was busy shooting a song sequence for Joker in Chandigarh on the eve of Mahashivratri, when the crew spotted a whole bunch of saadhus passing nearby, as there was a Pooja that was to be conducted on the festival day.

That's when the aptly active brains of Farah and Akshay Kumar (who plays the lead in the film) got an idea of 'casting' the saadhus in their film. The initially reluctant saadhus gave in to the requests of the Joker's crew members and agreed to do a 'cameo' in the film. The director Shirish Kunder loved the shot so much that he decided to retain it in the film.

Shirish says that it was quite a spontaneous decision to feature the saadhus in the film. Some cameo that is.
    Check Out: Akshay, Sonakshi, Shreyas on sets of Joker

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, February 23, 2011 - 11:00 IST
    After the much talked about film Tees Maar Khan, Shirish Kunder was all excited to start with his dream project Joker. The film which was initially said to be a superhero movie has since changed is currently being shot in Chandigarh.

Joker which stars Akshay Kumar, Shreyas Talpade and Sonakshi Sinna is well underway with 20 minutes of the film already being shot in the first few weeks itself. Bollywood Hungama came across this image on a popular networking site where Sonakshi says, "We're just a bunch of JOKERS, aap kaaaaauuuunnnn???"

With the pace of the shoot and the strong star cast, we are certain that Joker will be one film to watch out for.

"Joker has been my easiest 'yes' so far in accepting a film offer" - Minissha Lamba

By Devansh Patel, February 15, 2011 - 15:58 IST
    Sometimes you have to forgo doing what's popular in order to do what's right. Minissha Lamba did exactly that when she touched Well Done Abba...and the whole world saw it and appreciated it. But what a ride it's been for Mini (I'd love to call her). Since her debut film Yahaan, she has, in her own roundabout way, proven to be one of freshest and most intelligent actresses of her generation with films as diverse as the many characters in a Hindi film - Bachna Ae Haseeno, Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd, Kidnap and Well Done Abba. It is no particular surprise that she is smart, confident and funny when you meet her, and a girl not easy to ignore. Something about the solemnity of her demeanour reminds me of those moments in Well Done Abba. That's Minissha Lamba. A lady who, despite the formidable height of her heels, walks into every film she does with a dancer's grace. Vim and vigour are two words that best describes Mini. But yet another 'V' word puts her in an uncomfortable position - Valentine. "I don't believe in Valentine's Day", she tells me. I pause and decide to end the interview right there. But not without delivering the lines, "No matter what you believe in Mini, we still love you". UK's Harrow Observer columnist and Bollywood Hungama's London correspondent chats with the implausibly piercing and twinkling Minissha Lamba on the two films that she is impatiently looking forward to this year - Joker and Bheja Fry 2.

"I've only to thank my last film Well Done Abba for what I am doing right now"

It's good that people think I am doing a string of films this year. But I still feel that my struggle is on and it's not been easy. I've only to thank my last film Well Done Abba for what I am doing right now. I think it's also God's helping hand as I don't have anyone else's helping hand in the industry.

"I think Joker has been my easiest 'yes' so far"

One day, Shirish Kunder text me saying if I had my dates free. Then he disappeared after that. I just thought he must've sent me the message by mistake. Then he called up again after that and offered me to do Joker. I think Joker has been my easiest 'yes' so far in accepting a film offer.

"Yes, I have to research for my character in Joker"

I never knew when I said 'yes' to the film as Joker was going to be India's first commercial 3D film. That's another reason why I am elated right now as any actor would love to be a part of a 3D film coming from Bollywood at times when 3D films in the West are being appreciated and seen by all. Yes, I have to research for my character in Joker as it requires me to do so. It's another story that I may have to go down pretty thin on 3D if people are to like me (laughs).

"I've always believed that nothing succeeds like success"

You keep on waiting and nothing happens. You take a chance and everything happens. That's what people perceive it as in Bollywood. I've always believed that nothing succeeds like success. Yes, I am a go-getter because no one is going to give you everything on a platter and no one is going to make your dreams come true.

"The essence of Bheja Fry 1 and 2 is Bharat Bhushan"

I am happy to know that Bheja Fry 2 is the most eagerly awaited comedy of 2011. I love the first film. Bheja Fry is what started the movement in the reasonably budgeted content cinema. Bheja Fry 2 has the same character of Bharat Bhushan and the first half ends in one pace. The second half is again another journey of Bharat Bhushan with completely different characters and situations. The essence of Bheja Fry 1 and 2 is Bharat Bhushan.

"I respect Sonkashi Sinha, our industry's new comer and she has such great potential"

I really don't understand when people say that some actress is playing the lead and someone else is the second lead. In Hollywood, actors do an Oceans 11, 12 and 13. So who's playing the lead there? I think Bollywood should start concentrating more on content than all these things. Labelling is something I don't want to get into. I respect Sonakshi Sinha, our industry's new comer and she has such great potential as a new comer. I absolutely loved her in Dabangg and she has a charm of her own.

"Shreyas Talpade isn't underrated or overrated"

I've worked with Shreyas Talpade in Hum Tum Aur Shabana. I am working with him again in Joker. Shreyas Talpade isn't underrated or overrated. He is just a damn good actor. A film is a film and he is a very fine actor. I am really glad that the team of Joker is amazing and is never before seen on celluloid.

Shirish Kunder's Joker to have alien and UFO
    By Bollywood Hungama News Network, February 15, 2011 - 12:41 IST
    Shirish Kunder, ever since he announced his dream venture Joker, has been one restless man, as he wants nothing but the best for his film. It's not everyday that you have a 3D film that stars Akshay Kumar, Shreyas Talpade, Sonakshi Sinha and Minissha Lamba.

If that wasn't enough, here's more. Recent reports have it that, besides the 3D aspect, Joker will also have alien, UFO and more. It will have elements of science fiction woven in to the storyline. When asked by Bollywood Hungama about the 'revealed storyline', Shirish was sweet enough to reply back in assertive. He said, "Joker is not just a sci-fi film, but it has got its elements of sci-fi in it."

And when we asked him about the much talked about Akshay's 'dual' look in the film, Shirish replied, "Yes, Akshay has two looks in the film. One is the local look in which he will be sporting a typical Indian dhoti etc..., on the other hand, there's Akshay in a western look, which will have him sport total causal cool attires."

With this added element of special effects, Joker is turning out to be a huge project.

Joker aims for records with 10 languages used in one song

By Joginder Tuteja, February 14, 2011 - 10:57 IST
    He may have called his film Joker but director Shirish Kunder is dead serious when it comes to his second film. For this Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha starrer that goes on floor this month, Shirish is now all set to film a song which is made of - hold your breath - 10 languages. A dance number, it is sung by Daler Mehendi and is a fusion track.

"That's right; we have already recorded the song and would be picturising it in the Chandigarh schedule which kick-starts on Valentines Day (14th February). The uniqueness about this song is that it has lyrics belonging to 10 languages - Hindi, English, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam", says Shirish who has earlier directed Akshay in his debut outing Jaan-E-Mann.

Now an effort like this could well take the song in the record books because as far as Bollywood outings are concerned, the record so far is held by Angrezi Mein Kehte Hai from Amitabh Bachchan starrer Khud-Daar (1982) which had lyrics in five languages - English, Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali and Punjabi. With the song from Joker bringing in ten languages, it is miles ahead of the competition.

"Well, we are not thinking of any records as of now. What we want is that we should have fun while getting the song on screen and audience should be enjoying it", says Shirish who is co-producing the film along with Akshay Kumar, "Farah would be choreographing the song."

To be shot outdoors, the song which has been composed by newcomer GV Prakash and written by Shirish himself has an Indian melody to it with a hip hop groove. It would be picturised on Akshay and Sonakshi and is already being touted as a major highlight in Joker.

A close associate of Shirish adds, "He has been known for his innovation when it comes to music. Remember 'Humko Maaloom Hai' (Jaan-E-Mann) which was so different musically as well as visually. Even recently his very own composition of Tees Maar Khan title song was getting quite popular before the entire team decided to pitch 'Sheila Ka Jawani' as the next big song. Now with Joker, expect him to go full throttle."

Well, we hope the results are as enticing as they sound Shirish!
    Akshay Kumar to team up with Farah Khan again
    By Subhash K. Jha, January 24, 2011 - 12:16 IST
    Before another film with Farah, Akshay is being directed by Farah's husband Shirish Kunder. "Why just her husband? I'm doing a second film with her brother Sajid Khan and a second film with Shirish. Shirish and I are producing his Joker. But it has nothing to do with the circus."

Akshay co-stars with Sonakshi Sinha in Joker. "I saw her in Dabangg. It didn't look like her first film. She was so confident and complemented Salman perfectly. I hope we look as good together."

Defending TMK Akshay says, "No matter what some people have to say the fact is, our film had the biggest opening of the year along with Dabangg and Golmaal 3. Audiences go to a Farah Khan film to see a Manmohan Desai kind of full-on masala entertainment. To that extent, she hasn't disappointed. I was doing what Austin Powers does in the Hollywood slapsticks. People seem to love that."

However, Akshay admits the collections dropped from Monday. "I'm happy that TMK took a great 3-day opening. But I'd have been happier if there wasn't a drop in the collections on Monday. Only 8-9 other films got such an overwhelming opening this year. That I featured in two such openers this year - Housefull and TMK - is a matter of great happiness."

Akshay defends Tees Maar Khan. "I don't regret doing anything. I can't see the weaknesses in TMK. I respect what Farah does in her cinema. .Why are the trade pundits comparing the collections of TMK with 3 Idiots and Dabangg? These are all-time hits. We never said we were making a timeless classic. Farah had set out to make a time-pass masala comedy. I think she succeeded in that. I enjoyed working with Farah. She's got spirit. And she's a mooh-phat. That's why she sometimes gets into trouble."

Trouble, say reliable sources from the industry, came from the coterie close to Shah Rukh Khan who felt Farah was getting her comeuppance for having deserted the SRK's camp for Akshay.

Akshay is quick to point out, "I don't belong to any camp. I've worked with every camp. Farah asked me to work with her and I did. Why should Shah Rukh mind? Priyadarshan who worked repeatedly with me worked with Shah Rukh in Billu. Did I mind? Actors must move out of their comfort zone. It helps them to grow."

No matter what the critical reaction to Tees Maar Khan (TMK), Akshay Kumar will be doing another film with Farah Khan.

"Why not? I had a ball working with Farah. I'm looking forward to working with her again. We're planning something. She's a very tough taskmaster. Men are scared of her. So am I. She speaks her mind no matter what the consequences. .She isn't scared of anyone. She knows what she wants and won't shut up until she gets it. She wasn't making a film to win National awards. She made a commercial film," he shoots back, unperturbed by scathing comments on TMK from within and outside the film industry.

Akshay finds his brother in Shreyas for Joker
    By Joginder Tuteja, January 10, 2011 - 11:07 IST
    Shreyas Talpade has been signed by Shirish Kunder for his in-production film Joker. The young actor would be playing Akshay Kumar's brother in the film which is all set to go on floors this year.

Confirms Shirish for whom Shreyas turned out to be natural choice for the role, "I had seen Shreyas quite closely when he was working in Farah's Om Shanti Om. It was remarkable that he played both the young as well as old part out there with aplomb. As Shah Rukh Khan's friend, he was a livewire in the first half of the film while in the second half he showed the required maturity as expected from an old man. That's the hallmark of a good actor. I was very impressed and when it came to someone being cast for the part of Akshay's brother, I had no hesitation signing Shreyas for the part."

For Shreyas too the film is a major leap as other than the Golmaal 3 and Golmaal Returns prior to that, he has been trapped in small or medium budgeted films. A film like Joker further brings him into the big league, a process that started with Om Shanti Om.

"Though Akshay Kumar is the central protagonist in the film, Shreyas has a very important part to play in the narrative as well", assures Shreyas, "If it wasn't, I could have roped in a lesser actor. However, when it comes to Shreyas, one does associate with him a role which is performance oriented."

Though not much is known about the plotline of Joker (which features Sonakshi Sinha opposite Akshay Kumar), there are indications of it being an entertainer to the core, something which the team promises. With this film, Farah Khan is now in charge of the production (in Tees Maar Khan, the husband and wife had swapped roles). She is currently finalising details on the location at which the film would be shot.

"Earlier we had planned for Malshej where we had shot for Tees Maar Khan. However, we wanted some dense fields on location as well, something that Malshej doesn't provide. We are closing on the alternative", says Farah.

Meanwhile another hunt is also on for finalising the leading lady opposite Shreyas. "Yes, the process is on but currently there isn't anyone on my short list. The space for a heroine is all wide open at the moment though we have to close it ASAP", declares Shirish.

Anyone interested?

"Joker will be India's first Bollywood film in full 3D" - Shirish Kunder
    By Ryan Lobo, October 26, 2010 - 13:16 IST
    Joker has been Shirish Kunder's dream project and he makes no qualms in stating that. Not just that, the director is now working on making his project larger than life? A lot has been said and talked about in the media with rumours rife with talks about how Shirish has kept postponing the film for the right time. Bollywood Hungama caught up with the man who is by all means excited with his upcoming release Tees Maar Khan and his big dream project - Joker.

Talking about the film, Shirish says, "By now I guess its common knowledge that Joker has been my dream project, but the media and people keep saying that it's a superhero film, however its not. In fact though it was earlier designed and scripted to be a superhero film I have changed it and reworked the entire story of the film. The new Joker, since I had the rights to the name, will be like any other commercial Bollywood pot boiler, but one thing for sure is that Joker will differ in terms of its innovation, unlike anything what we have seen till date."

The biggest news of the hour is that Kunder plans to make Joker as a 3D film. Shirish reaons, "Coming to the whole 3D aspect of the film, if we look back it was always there, but seldom used for the sole reason that we didn't have the right technology to screen and view the film. Simply put with the advancements today with LED 3D television, it becomes more effective and sensible to make a film in 3D."

So does Shirish plan to go the James Cameron way for Joker? Shirish replies, "See Avatar was made on a whole new generation of camera techniques that captured live animation; however there was a major part of the film that was computer generated. Joker, on the other hand, will have hardly any computer generated graphics, so using the camera James Cameron developed will not be a suitable option. For my film, we will use the available stereoscopic camera since with that we can shoot the entire project in 3D, like shooting a normal film."

Joker will be the first ever Indian 3D film that will feature a Bollywood superstar. So how did Shirish manage to get Akshay on board? "Initially, when I approached Akshay about the film and told him that I was planning it in 3D, he was a bit sceptical about it, but later that changed. The reason behind this change of mind was when I showed him a poster I had developed at home of Joker which was in full 3D. Akshay saw the poster with the 3D glasses and that was the turning point, he became a believer that we could actually pull off the entire film in 3D."

Shirish jokes that he asked Farah to keep her hands off Joker. "For Tees Maar Khan, I showed Farah the script to read but she liked it so much that she hijacked the entire project. However, for Joker she knows how eagerly I have been wanting to make it so when I showed her the new script, she only got to read it and gave me some feedback."

Coming to the music of the film Shirish says, "It will be a mix of various music directors, and yes since I have also started composing I will also pitch in with a few tracks."

Talking about the technical side of things, Shirish states that he will be opting for Indian talent rather than getting western technicians for Joker. "We will be using most of our Indian technicians for the job. Now you may ask why, well it's simply because we have a lot of talent here. With Joker, we will be pushing the limits in terms of talent. So, we are hoping to quite literally make a never seen before Bollywood film with Joker, making it Indian's first Bollywood film in full 3D."

Now comes the big question that has been doing rounds of the media for months now. Which actress will star opposite Akshay in Joker? Shirish reveals that he has locked on the actress but refuses to reveal the names at this stage. "Yes, we have already finalized the leading actress in the film; apart from that we also have an ensemble cast that will be announced. However, I would prefer not to talk about it as I don't feel that I could announce it alone. Akshay and I will be making a formal announcement of the same in a few days."

Joker goes on floors in January 2011 and will be shot mainly in India.
    Last edited by Tipper Vasu; 09-04-2012 at 01:05 AM.

all the best for the project

angeru oodupaade padam cheyuvanallo.......ellam pottum.

Aaha 3dyo.. Kalipp Kalipp Potti thallum
    തോണി നിറഞ്ഞ് പ്രാണൻ കവിഞ്ഞ്
    ഈണമായ് നമ്മിൽ.... മെല്ലേ...മായാനദി...

Quote Originally Posted by plk View Post
    angeru oodupaade padam cheyuvanallo.......ellam pottum.
    confirmed aaya 6 filmsil 3 ennam sure disastersa.2 ennam sure hitum.onnu predict cheyyan pattathathum

3d
    Today's Gold rate: https://www.gold.co.uk/gold-price/gold-price-today/

Today's exchange rate: https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/

Today's Drishyam final collection : www.pushpullservice.com

Quote Originally Posted by veecee View Post
    3d
    Shirish kundathinte bhagyam vechu potti paalice aakan chance undu.avan avasanamayi scrpt ezhuthiya 2 films Tees Maar Khanum Jaanemanumannu

Banned

i liked janeman, esp direction...kidu aayirunnu....ithu enthavumo entho

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jFYLuYM5Bw&feature=related]YouTube - Sonakshi Sinha and Akshay Kumar in Joker[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl8iuBUzi30&feature=relmfu]YouTube - Akki-Sonakshi to star in 'Joker'[/ame]