0 0%
  • Paraguay

0 0%
  • Any Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: COPA America 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    Hoping for a reverse result this time out ...
    This time Uruguay and Chile have equally strong teams...Paraguay and colombia can make an upset any time..

Oru poll koodi add cheyu bhai

all the best argentina...............

neymar , ganso , elano + last yearil orumichu kalicha robinjoyum...brazilinte aakraman nirakku thanneyayirikkum othinakkam kooduthal....defence anenkil parayendallo..worldclass :)

india-yil telecast undo??...illenn thonnunnu...naasham..

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchaari View Post
    india-yil telecast undo??...illenn thonnunnu...naasham..
    ithu pole oru orennam kandu while searching...in that it mentions it's live on ESPNSTAR ..but in their website there is no news...

Barcelona's Lionel Messi: I have never felt so loved by the Argentine people

The number 10 admits that he has been touched by how his native country has received him, and feels that his side are fully prepared and equipped for Copa America success

Lionel Messi has admitted that he has never been given as much appreciation as he has received of late by his native Argentina, and wants to realise his dream of lifting the Copa America.

In an interview with TyC Sports, the Barcelona talisman expressed great enthusiasm about their upcoming Copa campaign which begins July 1, and thanked the Argentine public for how they have welcomed him back to his native country ahead of the tournament.

"I have never felt so loved by the Argentine people. It was the only place where before I was not treated with the same affection as in Barcelona," said Messi.

"I was always discussed in Argentina because, unfortunately, we could not win anything. I get to win everything at my club and people would recognise it. Hopefully, I can keep this going now [for Argentina]."
    He then spoke about his aspirations this summer, where he has the opportunity of possibly turning his biggest dream into a reality.

"My greatest dream is to win the Copa America. We know what it means for me and for Argentina," he declared. "It is the first objective, as we are a very good group of players."

The Albiceleste have been long criticised for failing to produce results on the big stage, despite possessing some of the world's most impressive footballers. Messi acknowledged their past failings, but believes that they are better equipped than ever to make a positive impact.

"We always said we lacked the time to iron out details, but now we have it. The game of ours is having the ball and taking the game to the opponent. We're growing [in stature]."

Sergio Batista's men open their Copa campaign on July 1 as the host nation, where they will face Bolivia.

Striker Carlos Tevez, who seemed to be out of Argentina's Copa America plans little more than a month ago, was named on Saturday in the hosts' 23-man squad for the tournament.
    There were no surprises among coach Sergio Batista's selections, posted on the Argentine Football Association's website (AFA) five days after their last warm-up -- a 4-0 rout of Albania at the Monumental.
    Batista dropped three home-based players from those named in his provisional squad -- Boca Juniors defender Luciano Monzon, Lanus midfielder Diego Valeri and Estudiantes winger Enzo Perez.
    Goalkeeper Juan Pablo Carrizo of River Plate, on loan from Lazio, is the only man in the squad to have played his club football in Argentina this season.
    Tevez was dropped by Batista last year over a no-show for a friendly against arch-rivals Brazil in Qatar which Argentina won 1-0 with a goal by Lionel Messi.
    However, the coach and player had a heart-to-heart and Tevez, who last season became the first Argentine to finish as top goalscorer in the English Premier League, was included in Batista's provisional 26-man squad on June 1.
    The immensely popular Manchester City captain's inclusion was reported as being at least partly down to the fans' clamour.
    Tevez was a second-half substitute against Albania on Monday, scoring the fourth goal in added time as Batista displayed his 4-3-3 tactics with Messi as a roving centre forward.
    Favourites Argentina open the tournament against Group A rivals Bolivia in La Plata on Friday. The final is scheduled for July 24.
    Every flight begins with a fall.

Thanks hitman

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    Thanks hitman
    welcome Giggs..
    Every flight begins with a fall.