Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: §§ The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) §§ -Gets thumping response in India ....!!

Banned

Default §§ The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) §§ -Gets thumping response in India ....!!

The Amazing Spider-Man is an upcoming American superhero film currently in post production. It is the fourth Columbia Pictures film based on the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man and the first film in a rebooted Spider-Man film franchise. Originally, Spider-Man 4 was planned for release in 2011; however, in 2010 the film was cancelled due to Sam Raimi's withdrawal from the project, as he felt he could not meet the planned release date without sacrificing artistic integrity. Sony announced that the franchise will in turn be rebooted with new director Marc Webb and a new cast that includes Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy and Rhys Ifans as Dr. Curt Connors. The reboot's intention is to have Peter Parker back to developing his abilities in high school. It is scheduled to be released in 3D on July 3, 2012.

Cast & Crew
    Directed by Marc Webb

Produced by Avi Arad, Todd Black, Grant Curtis, Laura Ziskin, Matt Tolmach

Screenplay by James Vanderbilt, Alvin Sargent, Steve Kloves

Story by James Vanderbilt

Based on Characters by, Stan Lee, Steve Ditko

Cinematography John Schwartzman

Editing by Pietro Scalia

Studio Columbia Pictures, Marvel Studios

Laura Ziskin Productions

Distributed by Columbia Pictures

Release date(s) July 3, 2012

Country United States

Language English

Starring

Andrew Garfield - Peter Parker / Spider-Man

Irrfan Khan - Nels Van Adder / Proto-Goblin

Emma Stone - Gwen Stacy

Rhys Ifans - Lizard/Dr. Curt Connors.

Vic Mignogna - The Big Wheel.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XayxMPrUP4[/ame]

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN - Hi Res Photos

Venkman Movie Photos Submit to StumbleUpon Like on Facebook Tweet to Twitter

Last edited by ClubAns; 07-03-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Banned

Banned

Last edited by breakingviews; 07-15-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Banned

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN - Hi Res Photos

Here are some new High Resolution images from the Marc Webb director Sony Pictures film The Amazing Spider-Man. There are a few images here that we've already seen, but they look much better in this higher quality.
    The Amazing Spider-Man looks like it's going to be one hell of a fun and exciting film. I love the footage that was shown to us at Comic-Con and it's a very different take on this iconic superhero character. I really excited for this movie, and I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by what this movie has to offer.

Last edited by breakingviews; 08-06-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Banned

'Spider-Man' Andrew Garfield: 'I relate to Peter Parker'

© PA Images / Ariel Ramerez

Andrew Garfield has revealed that he relates to Spider-Man's alter ego Peter Parker.

The Social Network star, who plays the web-slinging superhero in the forthcoming reboot The Amazing Spider-Man, confessed that it was not difficult to get into character for the film.

"I related to Peter Parker so much because I felt like someone else inside," Garfield told Entertainment Weekly. "I loved the comic books and the animated TV series and I even dressed up as Spider-Man as a kid."

Meanwhile, director Marc Webb went on to detail the plot of the movie.

"Ultimately what this movie is about is a kid who grows up looking for his father and finds himself," Webb said. "And that's a Spider-Man story we haven't seen before."

In addition, the magazine confirmed that Rhys Ifans will be playing the Lizard in The Amazing Spider-Man. It was previously reported in October that he would be playing an undisclosed villain.

Garfield's Amazing Spider-Man co-star Emma Stone recently described the movie as daunting, admitting that she had no idea how popular the superhero franchise truly is.

The Amazing Spider-Man will open in the US and UK on July 3, 2012.

Banned

The best look at THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN yet; trailer attached to CAPTAIN AMERICA

by: James Wallace
    July 14th, 2011

ComicBookMovie (via Movies.com) got their hands on the spectacular special SPIDER-MAN issue of Entertainment Weekly before it hits newsstands tomorrow and it by far gives us our best look yet at Marc Webb's redux, not to mention Andrew Garfield as our friendly, neighborhood wall-crawlin' superhero. That is until next week, when (according to SuperHeroHype) we will finally get the first trailer for the film, to be attached to CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER and reportedly clocking in at a 2 minute and 30 second runtime! And then of course there's Comic-Con, where all kinds of news will pour out once the proverbial flood gates are opened at the film's panel. But, until then, this should hold you over...

Along with the lot of gorgeous photos are some revealing tidbits about the film, like a nice little blurb about Spidey's mechanical web shooters and Webb's choice to right what many saw as the wrongs of Raimi & Co. when they gave the webhead organic shooters (I'm with that camp. Mechanical web-shooters reveal the genius that is Peter Parker!).

Check out the photos after the break, along with some pulled quotes from the article by Webb and star Andrew Garfield in which they discuss their new approach to a film adaptation of Spider-Man.

"Four years after Spider-Man 3, starring Tobey Maguire, The Amazing Spider-Man promises to be a "more contemporary," "more gritty," and "more character-driven" look at the comic book hero. He's a hero the 27-year-old Garfield knows well. Growing up, "I related to Peter Parker [Spidey's alter ego] so much because I felt like someone else inside," he says. "I loved the comic books and the animated TV series and I even dressed up as Spider-Man as a kid."

"Ultimately what this movie is about is a kid who grows up looking for his father and finds himself. And that's a Spider-Man story we haven't seen before." - Marc Webb

EW also confirmed what we've thought and known all along; we will indeed see Rhys Ifans' Dr. Curt Connors transform into the villainous Lizard.

Chekanu Oru look ilalo hum 3d aayathu kondu good aavum enu prathishikam.

FK Citizen

pazhaya hero mathiyarnuu
    "I" WILL SEE YOU SOON

ingane okkeyanu alle karyangal.
    Today's Gold rate: https://www.gold.co.uk/gold-price/gold-price-today/

Today's exchange rate: https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/

Today's Drishyam final collection : www.pushpullservice.com

Banned

Marc Webb Discusses His New Take with 'The Amazing Spider-Man'

Ever since 500 Days of Summer director Marc Webb got attached to direct Sony's reboot of Spider-Man back in early 2010, he hasn't been able to talk much at all about the project. But now that he's finished shooting and they're poised to make quite a splash at Comic-Con this weekend, he's finally able to speak and it's Hero Complex who has the first interview with Webb on all things The Amazing Spider-Man. He doesn't talk about the villains much, but does explain how he tried to differentiate this film from the others, as well as his biggest comic book inspirations for his Spider-Man, played this time by Andrew Garfield.
    Truthfully, it's best to jump right into this, as Webb gives some fantastic quotes. Plus it's a great a follow-up to all the new photos we saw just last week. So how has Webb "reinvented" his new Spidey this time around?
    "Peter Parker is a science whiz. If you look back to the early Stan Lee and Steve Ditko comics, he's a nerd with big glasses. The idea of what a nerd is has changed in 40 or 50 years. Nerds are running the world. Andrew Garfield made a movie [called 'The Social Network'] about it... What was important in those early comics was this notion that Peter Parker is an outsider and how we define that in a contemporary context. That, I think, was one of the challenges for us — getting Peter Parker's outsider status to be current. Peter Parker is a real kid. He's not a billionaire. He's not an alien. He's a kid who gets picked on and gets shoved to the outside. The 90-pound weakling, that's who Spider-Man is when he gets bit. So much of the DNA of the character is the fact that he was a kid when he got bit. He is imperfect, he is immature and has a bit of a punk rock instinct. In his soul he's still a 90-pound weakling even after [the bite]."
    It's impressive to see them strive for that and I think comic book fans will be happy to hear it as well. Webb goes on to say that he loves "a lot of the Ultimate Spider-Man artwork and story lines, there's a lot more of an adolescent, playful quality. And I think that's a big part of Spider-Man universe and hasn't really been explored cinematically before." Garfield went through a lot of "incredibly intense" training focused on agility over strength, as he's still that "90-pound weakling" even when he becomes Spider-Man. But as Webb goes on to explain, they're keeping this world even more grounded in our reality than ever before. Webb reveals:
    "One of the things we tried to do was keep the stunts more grounded physically and that was a huge challenge because you have a character whose abilities are superhuman. How do you do that in a way that's convincing and real? ... We spent months and months and months developing rigs so he could swing in a way that wasn't computer-generated. Obviously there's going to be enhancements and CG [sequences], but it's based in a physical reality and that's a new technique. When you walk out of the theater, I want the world you see to resemble what you saw on the screen. Part of the joy of cinema [is that] you make the impossible look real. I wanted it to be more grounded and more realistic and that went for the emotion of the scenes, the physical action and wardrobe. It's less based in Steve Ditko world and probably closer visually and more influenced by 'Ultimate Spider-Man' but it is also very much a world of our own devising."
    There's another Ultimate Spider-Man reference, so if you're not a fan of that series, you might want to stay buried in your comic books. Speaking of comics, that's where Webb says they got their villains. "Marvel villains — and Spider-Man villains in particular — are rich and complicated and interesting and Rhys [Ifans] has done just a fantastic job in translating that and there will be a lot of new things to explore for the fans." More good news, but obviously we'll see for ourselves when we get a look at the trailer. Although Dr. Connors was in Raimi's movies, he never became The Lizard, now we'll finally see Ifans fulfill that destiny.
    With only four years separating this from Raimi's trilogy (five when it's released next July), is Webb at all concerned about treading the same ground as before? Definitely not, as he firmly states to wrap things up:
    "What the truth was: I like the other movies and I was a little bit skeptical but then I asked myself if I wanted to see [this new story] and the answer was yes. I was interested in that universe and I believe I have something to say that's different enough to be worth my time. I think there's a lot to explore as far as the adolescent quality of this superhero and just seeing him in high school again gives you so much to mine in terms of behavior and story and the contemporary mythological context of high school and what it is."
    From the guy who brought us 500 Days of Summer, I'm definitely in. And from what I've heard, he's going to bring us one hell of an awesome, fresh new take on our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. It's great to hear Webb speaking so confidently and so knowledgeably about Spidey, as I think this is a good sign the franchise is now in very good hands. Of course, he can't satisfy everyone, but from the sounds (and looks) of it so far, this might just be the Spider-Man movie that some die-hard fans were hoping for, but didn't get with Raimi's version. I just hope this is as awesome as I'm expecting. I suggest reading the full interview with Marc Webb on Hero Complex, as there's plenty more he mentions that we didn't include. Thoughts?