Page 5 of 169 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Cristiano Ronaldo : CR7 : 5 Ballon d'Or Winner

Cristiano Ronaldo has a make or break game to qualify for Euro 2012 | The Sun |Sport|Football

CRISTIANO RONALDO is one of the big names in danger of missing out on Euro 2012.

But he has vowed to secure Portugal's place in tonight's do-or-die clash in Denmark.
    They need at least a point in Copenhagen against Sunderland's Nicklas Bendtner and Liverpool's Daniel Agger to clinch top spot in Group C — otherwise it will be play-off agony.
    Ronaldo said: "We are going to Denmark to win.
    "That is our thinking. We have the conditions to come out with victory. We know a draw is good enough but we want to win to go straight through."
    GROUP A: Belgium, who boast a string of Premier League stars (Man City's Vincent Kompany, Everton's Marouane Fellaini, Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku and Fulham's Moussa Dembele) must match Turkey's result against Azerbaijan at group winners Germany or will miss out on a play-off berth.
    GROUP B: Andrey Arshavin's Russia need a point at home to Andorra to qualify. Ireland require a draw at home to rivals Armenia to seal a play-off spot.
    GROUP C: Italy have qualified. Serbia, led by Manchester United centre-back Nemanja Vidic, will edge Estonia out of the play-offs if they win in Slovenia.
    GROUP D: Manchester City's Edin Dzeko's Bosnia go to France and a win will see them qualify. If the Balkans pull off a shock result, it will send Les Bleus to Les Play-offs.
    GROUP E: Holland have qualified. Sweden are in play-offs. Beat Holland at home and they could go straight through as best runners-up.
    GROUP F: Greece need a point in Georgia to qualify. Croatia can still go through as best runners-up with victory at home to Latvia.
    GROUP G: England are through, Montenegro in play-offs.
    GROUP H: Portugal need only a point in Copenhagen to beat Denmark to top spot. Norway face Cyprus with a hope of second place on goal difference ahead of Portugal should Denmark win.
    GROUP I: Spain have qualified. Scotland will finish as runners-up if they beat the reigning World and Euro champs in Alicante. Otherwise the Czech Republic will seal a play-off spot by beating Lithuania.

Denmark seal Euro 2012 spot after beating Portugal - CNN.com

(CNN) -- Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal must qualify for Euro 2012 through the playoffs after losing 2-1 to Denmark Tuesday night in Copenhagen.
    Portugal needed only to draw the Group H game to reach the finals after five straight wins, but came up short against Morten Olsen's men.
    The Danes scored through Michael Krohn-Dehli and Sunderland striker Nicklas Bendtner with Ronaldo grabbing a consolation goal in injury time.
    It was a massive setback for Portugal, who have also missed out on qualification as the best runners-up spot.
    That honor has gone to Sweden, who beat Group E winners the Netherlands 3-2 in Stockholm. Goals from Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Dirk Kuyt put the Dutch 2-1 ahead into the second half before Sebastian Larsson scored from the spot after a penalty was awarded following a handball by Joris Mathijsen.
    Almost straight from the kick off Ola Toivonen put Sweden back in front and they held on to inflict the first defeat on the Dutch since they lost the 2010 World Cup final to Spain.
    Bosnia Herzegovina came close to an upset against France in the Stade de France after Manchester City's Edin Dzecko scored with a superb curling shot just before halftime.
    But Laurent Blanc's France, who needed only a draw to seal their qualification from Group D, leveled through a late Samir Nasri penalty after he had been fouled. Bosnia now go into the playoffs.
    Elsewhere, reigning World and European champions Spain ended Scotland's slim hopes of a playoff spot as they rounded off their Group I qualifying campaign with a 3-1 home win.
    David Silva put Spain ahead after six minutes and added a second just before the break to sink the Scots. The Czech Republic won 4-1 in Lithuania to claim the playoff spot.
    Traditional powerhouses Germany made it 10 wins from 10 games in Group A as they ended Belgium's hopes of the playoff spot with a 3-1 home win.
    Real Madrid's Mesut Ozil with a superb opener, then Andre Schuerrle and Mario Gomez scored for Joachim Loew's rampant side.
    Marouane Fellaini headed a late consolation for Belgium who lost out as Guus Hiddink's Turkey claimed second place with a 1-0 home win against Azerbaijan.
    2004 champions Greece qualified for the finals after beating Georgia 2-1 to top Group F but it took two late goals to seal their place.
    Having beaten main rivals Croatia 2-0 last Friday, they fell behind to a David Targamadze goals in the 19th minute.
    But the visitors equalized 11 minutes from time through second-half substitute Georgios Fotakis and scored the winner in the 85th minute thanks to evergreen Angelos Charisteas - scorer of the goal that secured that Euro 2004 title over Portugal.
    Russia are also through after beating thrashing Andorra 6-0 in their final Group B match while the Republic of Ireland will go into the playoffs after they beat Armenia 2-1.
    Slovenia beat Serbia 2-1 in Group C to leave Estonia in second place behind group winners Italy who rounded off their campaign with a 3-0 home win over Northern Ireland.

Perfect Cristiano Ronaldo Free Kick Not Enough For Portugal in Denmark | Sportige

Cristiano Ronaldo scored another goal for the long, long career highlight film, but Portugal failed miserably in Denmark. Paulo Bento’s side looked under prepared and just not up to the task against a lesser side in Copenhagen, but Denmark and Morten Olsen proved once again that flair and impressive names don’t mean nothing without substance, spirit and effort.
    People speak about Messi not being able to carry Argentina on his back? Ronaldo, despite a much better qualifying campaign this time around couldn’t get the group’s first place. Stop blaming the stars. Ronaldo, incredible as he is, doesn’t have the Real Madrid entourage with him playing for the national side. Despite Nani, Joao Moutinho, Raul Meireles and others, Portugal were simply inferior to a combative Danish team.
    It’s playoff again for Portugal, like before the 2010 World Cup, two years ago. Team effort can’t be replaced by wonder goals and perfect free kicks like the one Ronaldo scored today. The way Denmark defended, the way everyone played for each other, kamikazing on every ball and simply determined to stop Nani and Ronaldo from creating havoc and magic on the wings.
    Don’t get me wrong, talent wins, but only if it comes with cohesion and teamwork. Watching Dennis Rommedhal burn the flank at his advanced age, the wisdom of Eriksen at such a young age and Bendtner being everything he couldn’t be for Arsenal warmed my heart. Watching Portugal fail, with their individualistic style, arrogance and failing trickery? Warmed my heart as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy7ytL2un38]Denmark Vs Portugal 2-1 - Full Match Highlights & All Goals - Euro 2012 Qualif. [11/10/2011] - YouTube[/ame]

wat a free kick......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9amLqEP8r8&hd=1]Portugal vs Denmark 2-1 2011 Ronaldo Freekick - YouTube[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by messi View Post
    The Man Who Never Stops To Amaze Me - MAMMOOTTY !!!

Quote Originally Posted by SrK.AjMaL.369 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by baazigar89 View Post
    Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo aims to break La Liga goal record again - Goal.com

Real Madrid attacker Cristiano Ronaldo believes he can continue breaking scoring records in the Primera Division after picking up the Pichichi award for netting the most league goals in the Spanish top flight last term.
    There is debate over the amount Ronaldo tucked away as Marca claim it is 41, while Spain’s Professional Football League (LFP) gave a deflected free-kick goal from last September against Real Sociedad to team-mate Pepe.

In any case, having picked up the trophy from Marca, the former Manchester United man intends to beat his own mark.

"In football nothing is impossible and every record can be broken," the Portuguese is quoted as saying by Marca.

"I hope to surpass the previous record, but I want to thank my team-mates for making it possible for me to win the trophy.

"We will see what happens in the future, you never know what may happen, but I could beat the record."

Ronaldo was involved in Real Madrid's 4-0 win over Espanyol on Sunday, in which he did not score, but set up two goals.

"I like helping my team-mates score, it is also part of my job. They pass to me and I pass to them. I always do my best for the team so we can win," he said.

Ronaldo's goal haul in the league last season surpassed previous record-holders Telmo Zarra and Hugo Sanchez, who both amassed 38 goals in 30 and 35 league games, respectively, and he is the only player in history to have scored 40 or more goals in a single Liga season.

Last term, Barcelona's Lionel Messi scored 31 goals in 33 league matches for his team, with the two players tied on 53 strikes in all competitions.
    All the best

Quote Originally Posted by messi View Post
    macha try posting in other sections too..