Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ***Javier Chicharito Hernandez***

Javier Hernandez says 'I'm no hero' after salvaging point for Man United | Metro.co.uk

The Mexican has endured a stop-start second campaign at Old Trafford – suffering concussion in pre-season before subsequent knocks ruled him out of further games.

But after his second-half introduction at Anfield his poacher’s instinct was apparent as he stole in at lightning pace to nod in Danny Welbeck’s flick from a Nani corner.

It was his third goal of the season, cancelling out Steven Gerrard’s free-kick opener to secure a point from a match that was later overshadowed by United defender Patrice Evra’s allegation he was racially abused by Liverpool forward Luis Suarez.

The draw preserved second-placed United’s unbeaten record ahead of next weekend’s Manchester derby with leaders City.

But the modest Hernandez said: ‘I scored a goal but it is Manchester United that scored. There are no heroes here.’

As well as the clinical finishing of the striker, affectionately known as ‘Little Pea’, a lacklustre United – minus Wayne Rooney who was left on the bench following his midweek England ban disappointment – also required heroics from keeper David de Gea.

The Spaniard has sometimes looked less than assured in his debut Premier League season but brilliantly denied Dirk Kuyt and Jordan Henderson late on.

Twelve months after he was forced to bulk up to cope with the physicality of the league, Hernandez is watching De Gea do the same.

‘David is working day by day and the good thing is that he wants to work,’ added the 23-year-old Mexican.

‘He knows to play in this shirt, you need to enjoy it. But he’s also aware it’s a big responsibility. He’s handling it very well.’

Quote Originally Posted by baazigar89 View Post
    Javier Hernandez says 'I'm no hero' after salvaging point for Man United | Metro.co.uk

The Mexican has endured a stop-start second campaign at Old Trafford – suffering concussion in pre-season before subsequent knocks ruled him out of further games.

But after his second-half introduction at Anfield his poacher’s instinct was apparent as he stole in at lightning pace to nod in Danny Welbeck’s flick from a Nani corner.

It was his third goal of the season, cancelling out Steven Gerrard’s free-kick opener to secure a point from a match that was later overshadowed by United defender Patrice Evra’s allegation he was racially abused by Liverpool forward Luis Suarez.

The draw preserved second-placed United’s unbeaten record ahead of next weekend’s Manchester derby with leaders City.

But the modest Hernandez said: ‘I scored a goal but it is Manchester United that scored. There are no heroes here.’

As well as the clinical finishing of the striker, affectionately known as ‘Little Pea’, a lacklustre United – minus Wayne Rooney who was left on the bench following his midweek England ban disappointment – also required heroics from keeper David de Gea.

The Spaniard has sometimes looked less than assured in his debut Premier League season but brilliantly denied Dirk Kuyt and Jordan Henderson late on.

Twelve months after he was forced to bulk up to cope with the physicality of the league, Hernandez is watching De Gea do the same.

‘David is working day by day and the good thing is that he wants to work,’ added the 23-year-old Mexican.

‘He knows to play in this shirt, you need to enjoy it. But he’s also aware it’s a big responsibility. He’s handling it very well.’

Manchester United striker Michael Owen sees himself in Chicharito

Former Liverpool man feels he shares the same instinctive style as the young Mexican, and explains how he has had to adapt his game and become a more rounded player with age

Manchester United striker Michael Owen feels that team-mate Javier Hernandez has a similar "instinctive" style of play to him.
    The former Liverpool man says he built his game on being in the right place at the right time in the penalty area and sees the same traits in the 23-year old Mexican, who has delivered an impressive scoring record at a young age.

"A lot of great strikers seem to have instincts built into their make-up," Owen told Manchester United's official website.

"There's definitely an intuitive element that goes with being a striker – or at least being a certain type of striker.

"I'd say that I was an instinctive striker, as is somebody like Chicharito. But I wouldn't have said Wayne Rooney or Dimitar Berbatov are as reliant on instinct as we are.

"It comes down to making the right runs and being in the right position at the right time. You always have to be ready, you have to be on your toes anticipating where the ball will be.

"As I said, some people seem to have a knack for that sort of play from an early age and, of course, years of playing as a striker helps hone that as well."

But while he feels gifted to have that striker's instinct, Owen explained how other aspects of his game took time to improve.

"I think the deeper understanding of the game came, in my case, just through experience," he said.

"The ability to play different types of passes, to score different sorts of goals – it all came from testing stuff out on the pitch.

"I'd find myself one-on-one with the goalkeeper and try a certain type of finish. If it worked, I'd try it again the next time. If it didn't, I'd try something else.

"So you teach yourself how to react to different situations, based on the situations you’ve been in previously. It’s a gradual process and you need a lot of luck too."

Owen, only 5ft 7in tall, also admitted that faster, more physical players have become in vogue in the Premier League over the years, and says footballers now need to have an all-round game.

"It's never been easy to make it as a professional footballer and it's not getting any easier," he said.

"These days football is very athletic as well as skilful – you need the right sort of body to cope with the rigours of the game. You also need to be quick, or you’ll be left behind.

"You need to be confident and calm on the ball, and have a good reading of the game. You need an awful lot to succeed."

Quote Originally Posted by baazigar89 View Post
    Manchester United striker Michael Owen sees himself in Chicharito

Former Liverpool man feels he shares the same instinctive style as the young Mexican, and explains how he has had to adapt his game and become a more rounded player with age

Manchester United striker Michael Owen feels that team-mate Javier Hernandez has a similar "instinctive" style of play to him.
    The former Liverpool man says he built his game on being in the right place at the right time in the penalty area and sees the same traits in the 23-year old Mexican, who has delivered an impressive scoring record at a young age.

"A lot of great strikers seem to have instincts built into their make-up," Owen told Manchester United's official website.

"There's definitely an intuitive element that goes with being a striker – or at least being a certain type of striker.

"I'd say that I was an instinctive striker, as is somebody like Chicharito. But I wouldn't have said Wayne Rooney or Dimitar Berbatov are as reliant on instinct as we are.

"It comes down to making the right runs and being in the right position at the right time. You always have to be ready, you have to be on your toes anticipating where the ball will be.

"As I said, some people seem to have a knack for that sort of play from an early age and, of course, years of playing as a striker helps hone that as well."

But while he feels gifted to have that striker's instinct, Owen explained how other aspects of his game took time to improve.

"I think the deeper understanding of the game came, in my case, just through experience," he said.

"The ability to play different types of passes, to score different sorts of goals – it all came from testing stuff out on the pitch.

"I'd find myself one-on-one with the goalkeeper and try a certain type of finish. If it worked, I'd try it again the next time. If it didn't, I'd try something else.

"So you teach yourself how to react to different situations, based on the situations you’ve been in previously. It’s a gradual process and you need a lot of luck too."

Owen, only 5ft 7in tall, also admitted that faster, more physical players have become in vogue in the Premier League over the years, and says footballers now need to have an all-round game.

"It's never been easy to make it as a professional footballer and it's not getting any easier," he said.

"These days football is very athletic as well as skilful – you need the right sort of body to cope with the rigours of the game. You also need to be quick, or you’ll be left behind.

"You need to be confident and calm on the ball, and have a good reading of the game. You need an awful lot to succeed."
    good athe mathi....

Hernandez completes new five-year-deal with United

(Reuters) - Mexico striker Javier Hernandez has completed the formalities of a new contract with Manchester United and pledged his future to the club for the next five years, the English champions said in a statement on Monday.
    The 23-year-old, nicknamed "Chicharito", made a big impact with United in his first season, scoring 20 goals from 45 appearances in all competitions after arriving in July 2010 from his hometown club Chivas de Guadalajara. He has now scored 23 in 55 appearances and signed until the end of the 2015-16 season.
    United manager Alex Ferguson said: "The last player I remember making an impact as big and as quickly as Javier is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and he reminds me of Ole a lot.
    "His talent for creating space in the box and his finishing ability mark him out as a natural goalscorer. Off the pitch, he is a pleasure to manage. He works very hard and is a popular member of the squad."
    Hernandez added: "Playing for Manchester United has been a dream come true for me. I never expected my first year to go so well and I'm delighted to commit my future to United."
    His agent Eduardo Hernandez said the contract had been renegotiated two weeks ago, explaining: "Javier was not badly paid with his initial contract, but it was his first contract and, with respect, not comparable with the likes of Wayne Rooney and Nani."
    His excellent form pushed Dimitar Berbatov out of a regular starting place and the Bulgarian striker's future at Old Trafford is still to be decided.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGD3Qab4Jqw]Javier Hernandez Goal - Liverpool Vs Man Utd - Saturday 15th October 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

United beat everton by Hernandez goal.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXfT00eEgUo]Everton vs Manchester United 0-1 Goal! Hernandez - YouTube[/ame]

Everton 0 Manchester United 1: Javier Hernandez scores winner | Mail Online

Crisis, what crisis? Sir Alex Ferguson changed half the Manchester United team shamed 6-1 last Sunday and the response was a dogged clean sheet and victory to send out an important message to noisy neighbours Manchester City.

You would never have guessed by the absence of emotion on Ferguson's face when Javier Hernandez volleyed what proved to be the winner but this was a crucial victory for the champions

The way Manchester City took them apart at Old Trafford was a humiliation never previously suffered in his 25 years at the club. The response was to go back to basics, with a twist.

Rio Ferdinand, Nani and Anderson were axed and captain Nemanja Vidic returned for his first Premier League game since August. But most significantly of all, Rooney - the goal machine seemingly destined to become the record goalscorer for United and England - was deployed deep in midfield to make his team harder to break down.

'The fact is we have conceded so many chances recently and we have to reduce that if we are going to win the [Premier] League,' said Ferguson. 'And today we didn't have any problems.'

The plan worked well. Rooney's role, so deep he was often standing behind Tom Cleverley, meant United lacked their usual thrilling intent in attack. But having shipped so many goals recently, they were delighted to reduce Everton to half-chances, except for a Leighton Baines freekick that hit the crossbar.

'Resolute', was the description of United's performance by beaten manager David Moyes, while Ferguson reiterated his view that last weekend's setback was never going to be terminal.

'What you see in the League at the moment may not be the same come May,' he said. 'We hope and expect to be up there at the end of the season, there is no question of that.'

There is no doubt that the fact Everton were missing the injured Phil Neville, Sylvain Distin and Tim Cahill, with Royston Drenthe suspended, helped United.

Ferguson's team selection suggested adventure with Hernandez, Danny Welbeck and Rooney named in the same starting line-up for the first time. The reality was different and the performance was determined rather than dazzling.

Hernandez operated as a lone striker, Rooney played nearer the centre circle than the penalty area, as if auditioning for the Paul Scholes role long-term.

'It surprised us to see him there, and we were outnumbered in midfield to begin with,' admitted Moyes. Ironically, it was one of Rooney's rare sorties into the Everton penalty area that helped produce the goal. Smart touches by Cleverley and Welbeck released the excellent Patrice Evra down the left and he struck a beautifully shaped cross into the penalty area.
    Rooney ran to the near post and he failed to connect with his head but his distracting presence allowed Hernandez to find a yard of space inside the six-yard box. It was all the Mexican needed and his volley gave Tim Howard no hope.

Instead of folding, Everton pressed and the champions dug in. Hernandez bravely broke from the wall to take the impact of a fierce Louis Saha free-kick. Jack Rodwell shot wide and, after Darren Fletcher sent Marouane Fellaini tumbling, Baines curled a free-kick against the crossbar with David de Gea rooted to the spot.

Everton tried to apply more pressure in the second half and a flying De Gea made an unorthodox save from Rodwell with his face. There was a late panic in the United penalty area when Evra and Phil Jones got in each other's way, but Rodwell was off-target. In attack, United created little. When Cleverley released Hernandez in the second half, the Mexican looked around for support - only to see Rooney sticking to his post near the centre circle.
    'We rode our luck with the freekick that hit the bar. But we battled in the second half and got the result we wanted,' said Ferguson. Next weekend, Ferguson will celebrate his silver jubilee at United and a 75-foot banner will be unfurled at the Stretford End proclaiming: 'The impossible dream, made possible'.

Winning a 20th title may indeed be possible for United. But it might not be pretty to watch.

thankssssssss