Page 2 of 740 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Football transfer news&Rumours***

Taarabt flattered by interest | QPR News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

QPR playmaker linked to Napoli but happy at Loftus Road

Adel Taarabt has admitted it is nice to be linked to a club like Napoli but insists he is happy at Queens Park Rangers.
    Taarabt was a transfer target for Paris St Germain during the summer but a move failed to materialise and it remains to be seen if the French club will rekindle their interest.
    Speculation over the Moroccan playmaker's future has yet to die down and fresh reports suggest Napoli could be set to enter the race for his signature in January.
    Taarabt does not mind attracting attention but accepts that it is for QPR to decide whether he leaves Loftus Road.
    The 22-year-old maintains that he currently has no intention of moving as he is enjoying life with the London club.
    "I am flattered by my name being linked with an enormous club like Napoli who the best player of all time (Diego Maradona) played for," Taarabt told skysports.com.
    "QPR know there is interest so it is up to them but I am happy to win games for them and the future will tell.
    "For the moment I am happy here."

Football transfer rumours: Christian Eriksen to Manchester United? | Football | guardian.co.uk

• The world has changed since Saturday but sadly the transfer tittle-tattle industry is behind the curve. The Mill is of no doubt that at this very minute Pep Guardiola is hunched over a desk in a windowless room looking at a list of his largely Spanish squad and wondering: "where are the Lampards, the Bents, the Lescotts, the Joneses and the Rodwells? These are the real world beaters and I must have them at Barcelona."
      But for some reason the precise number of "lionhearts" (© The Sun) who played in England's glorious, life-affirming, Blatter-baiting victory at Wembley being linked with moves to the great clubs of Europe is zero. Zilch. Zip. We can only assume it's because when you're at Aston Villa or Everton where is there really left to go?
      Despite not being English (or even Spanish) Ajax's Danish playmaker Christian Eriksen is wanted by both Manchester United and Manchester City. Sir Alex Ferguson has put the 19-year-old at the top of his wanted list, which is probably precisely why Roberto Mancini wants him too. It will take £20m to prise the 19-year-old from Ajax's grasp and Mancini could raise that exact sum if he flogs kick-boxing's Nigel De Jong to Real Madrid.
      Mancini is also keeping tabs on Borussia Dortmund's Marco Reus which begs the question: what kind of tabs? Are they colour-coded in a ring binder or does he simply have a picture of Reus on his wall to which he habitually adds those luminous adhesive tabs favoured by the legal profession? Sadly we are unlikely to ever know the answer.
      Cesc Fábregas has an addiction to tiresome Arsenal transfer sagas and is feeding his habit by weighing into the Robin van Persie: should he stay or should he go dilemma. "Go now or stay for ever," Cesc tells RVP which seems a) a little bit harsh – forever is a long time – and b) the transfer window is closed so he can hardly just walk away now.
      David Beckham's tour of the world's fashion capitals will take him to Paris Saint-Germain and possibly as soon as next month. Carlo Ancelotti will be there waiting for him at the airport – the former Chelsea manager could installed in the hot-seat at the Parc des Princes as soon as Sunday.
      Lukasz Fabianski is so desperate to get away from Arsenal that the Sun have printed his desire to go out on loan twice on the same page. "I want to play for Arsenal but if not I go somewhere else," he says, before saying the exact same thing again three columns to the right. He must mean it.
      Blackburn want Fulham's Andrew "Andy" Johnson who is out of contract at Craven Cottage at the end of the season but could do one in January if Fulham want to be recompensed for the striker. Given the short time left on his contract the best they can hope for is an extra-large bucket of Venky's chicken.
      Speaking of Venky's, the Blackburn owners could be on their way out of Ewood Park before we've really had a proper chance to get to know them. A group of "wealthy Qataris" want to but the club, says the Mirror (it was hardly going to be a group of middle-class Qataris, was it?) but must get the all-clear from all four Venkys who have a say in the club. Balaji Rao, the "football brain" of the operation, is against selling up.
      In a move that will appease Everton fans everywhere David Moyes wants FC Dallas defender Brek Shea and travelled to watch the 21-year-old, who has been on trial at Arsenal, in USA's friendly with France on Friday. Moyes also wants Landon Donovan back at Goodison.
      Steve Bruce is leading the race to sign FC Zürich's Ahmed Mehmedi. It's not a very big race.
      The Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga won't be stopped at a mere come-and-get-me plea. The 24-year-old Mali international wants Newcastle to come and get him, hold him long into the night and promise never, ever to let go no matter what. "All players dream of playing for a club like that and I hope it will happen, either this winter or in the summer," he said.
      Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers wants four players on loan in January, including the Chelsea midfielder Josh McEachran, a future star of England, the greatest football team in the history of the world ever. That is one transfer The Mill can understand.

Thanks baazigar

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    Thanks baazigar
    ee thread active aakkanam....

Gareth Bale admits it is 'great to be linked with Barcelona' but is focused on playing for Tottenham

Welsh winger says he is pleased after being touted with a big money move to the Catalan giants and wants to play at the highest level, but insists he can get there with Spurs

Tottenham wideman Gareth Bale has admitted he is flattered by the interest Barcelona have been showing him.

The Spanish giants have reportedly sent scouts to watch him play and apparently see him as a long-term solution to their left-back problem, with a big money move mooted.
    Bale told The Daily Post: "It's always nice being linked with clubs such as Barcelona – it's great to be linked with a team like that.

"I'm enjoying my football at Spurs and I don't really take much notice of what is written about interest from other clubs."

Bale exploded onto the Champions League scene last season, twice tearing apart then champions Inter and putting in several top performances as Spurs reached the quearter-finals in their first ever campaign.

He continued: "It's obviously where I want to be playing, I think we've got a great chance of qualifying this season, especially with the manager playing young players in the Europa League and giving us the freshness to play in the Premier League.

"The main thing is to get back in the Champions League because that's where we want to get back to."

Quote Originally Posted by baazigar89 View Post
    ee thread active aakkanam....
    transfer season varumbol active aagum......

Rumors of Abidal - Arsenal n Liverpool
    2012 - full of surprises!

Ithokke evidunn Kittunnu .....
    Reloaded...

Football transfer rumours: André Villas-Boas to raid Barcelona? | Football | guardian.co.uk

"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception, yeah? They got to trust me – I'm taking these guys into battle, yeah? And I'm doing my own stapling."
    It seems Steve Bruce has been reading the David Brent guide to surviving in the workplace. The Sunderland manager, reports the Mirror, will meet the club owner Ellis Short this week and ask not only to keep his job but for more money to spend in January. His chief target is, funnily enough, a target man – Wolfsburg's Papiss Cissé, while Ahmed Mehmedi of FC Zurich and Tottenham's 6ft 2in Russian frustration Roman Pavlyuchenko, also sit high on his shopping list.
    Elsewhere in the north-east, Alan Pardew – having clearly missed what transpired at Middlesbrough when Gordon Strachan began raiding the aisles of the Lidl that is the SPL – wants to bring the Celtic captain Scott Brown to Newcastle. The Diouf-bothering midfielder is out of contract at the end of the season and would cost only around £1.5m.
    Also on Pardew's hit-list for the January sales is the Holland international left-back Erik Pieters, currently of PSV. Mike Ashley will have to rummage down the back of his settee to find £3m among the crisp crumbs and ring pulls.
    Chelsea's scouts have earned their Going-To-Sicily-To-Watch-A-Football-Match badge after running the rule over Palermo's Josip Ilicic at the weekend. Palermo will demand around £25m for the Slovenian midfielder, who has also roused the interest of Internazionale. André Villas-Boas also fancies another raid on Barcelona's back-up – the 19-year-old midfielder Sergi Roberto would cost £5m.
    One player not heading to Stamford Bridge, though, is the 15-year-old wonderkid Javier González, who rose to attention after scoring an improbable 20 goals in seven youth games at Laredo. Chelsea and Arsenal were apparently keen, but he'll join Real Madrid instead.
    Paris St-Germain want the Makélélé role to be performed in their technical area after losing patience with Antoine Kombouaré. Claude himself is top of their shortlist, although the former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has already said "Non, merci" to their advances.
    Leeds want to solve their goalkeeping troubles with the signing of 6ft 6in "German stopper" Thorsten Stuckmann from Preston. And Aidy Boothroyd is set to return to football as manager of Northampton Town.