102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Celluloid

36 35.29%
  • Mumbai Police

63 61.76%
  • Memories

34 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1120 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 1206201020107011101118111911201121112211301170 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,200 of 11858

Thread: ◄|███|██|█| PRITHVIRAJ |█|★|█| News Updates |█|██|███|►

FK SULTHAN

Quote Originally Posted by Akhil krishnan View Post
    Mazhavil Manorama Entertainment Awards

Best Director

Sent from my LLD-AL10 using Tapatalk

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Aadujeevitham shoot enthaayi??

Sent from my SM-M205F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by twist369 View Post
    Aadujeevitham shoot enthaayi??

Sent from my SM-M205F using Tapatalk
    2 schedule kazhinju.... next year avum kazhiyan... athinte idakku few movies nte shoot kazhiyum... BD, DL etc

❤️

Text Version

Prithviraj: I don?t think a director?s skill needs to be measured by how big a film is - Times Of India
    By - Sanjith Sidhardhan

With his debut directorial Lucifer, Prithviraj Sukumaran has achieved what no filmmaker in Malayalam has done so far. Less than two months since the release of the Mohanlal-starrer, it has become the first Malayalam film to breach the Rs 200 crore mark. The actor-director reveals what the success means to the industry, his plans for the film?s sequel and more.

Did you expect Lucifer to be such a massive success?
    We were all hoping that the film will do well. When we were filming it, I was happy that I was able to achieve what I set out to achieve. However, I would be lying if I said that I expected the success to be of this magnitude. It?s a first for Malayalam cinema; nobody would expect their film would take the industry to a whole new level.

What does this mean for the industry?
    When I decided that I was going to do this film in 2016, I had an understanding with its producer Antony Perumbavoor, that it was a big opportunity to try new things in terms of business. All of us knew that there would a hype because it has Mohanlal, it?s my directorial debut and it?s a big film. So, the next step was to decide how we used the hype and do something new in terms of how the film is sold. It was part of an elaborate plan that all of us were aware of from the onset.

It?s the first time that a Malayalam film got more revenue from digital rights than satellite rights, before its release. Also, the overseas rights of most Malayalam films are sold at an outright amount, and from there on, whatever the films make or don?t, has no connection with the producer. We had decided Lucifer wouldn?t follow that model and opted for something like a distribution deal. The film has done phenomenal numbers outside India and serious revenue came back to the producer from that. All this is new in terms of how a Malayalam film is sold, marketed and reaches the audience.
    The money that came from outside India was an eye-opener. I am someone who has always believed that Malayalam cinema has never really explored its market abroad and even with the number that Lucifer has raked in, I still think we can do more.
    I now hope that big films such as Marakkar: Arabikadalinte Simham and Maamaankam follow similar routes because that really opens up the market for us. Planning a Rs 50 crore film in Malayalam is no longer unthinkable.

Hype, if not managed right, can also adversely affect a film as was evident from Odiyan. How did you go about that?
    To be frank, I didn?t do anything. I was always honest about my film. I never said that the film is something that it is not. I know there were a lot of trolls saying that I said it was a small film. But I never said that; I refrained from telling people how big it is. I wanted the audience to discover the spectacle in theatres. I didn?t go to town saying that film was shot in a new format; I wanted to keep it a secret because I wanted people observe it for themselves. I think that worked.

Also, I believe we were on point in terms of introducing the characters and the trailer. The first call you take when you cut a trailer is to ask, ?Will the film live up to it?? We were careful about that and what you see in the trailer is what you get in the film.

Do you think that, say a movie like Koode, would go on to make Rs 100 Cr if it follows the same route?
    I think all of us know that larger-than-life, spectacle films that a section of people can clap and enjoy are the kind of films that people go back to the theatre to watch, to relive those moments. Unless a Malayalam film generates a set of audience who would watch it twice, I don?t think it would cross a particular threshold. Lucifer has done these numbers because I am sure there are thousands who have seen it twice or thrice. I don?t know if somebody would go back to theatres to watch something that is emotionally evocative or leaves you drained. So, the revenue is generally governed by the genre of the film.

Will there be a sequel to Lucifer?
    I have not decided. First thing to consider is that would we able to pull that off in Malayalam. There must be serious introspection, discussions and analysis on the feasibility of a sequel before we set out to make one. Also, the sheer time it would take is an important consideration. I am basically an actor and for Lucifer, I had to take eight months off. If there is a sequel, the way I want to pull it off will mean that it?s a much bigger, much more effort-oriented film. Whatever my second film is, it will have to involve me taking time off between my acting projects. That?s the biggest question mark associated with me directing.
    abram
    However, Lucifer was never written as a one-film story. From the time Murali and I started talking about the story, we knew it wasn?t something that would end in a single film. In fact, I was quite tempted to do an 11-episode web series because the story is that spread out. We have sort of just picked one area with a few characters of a saga.

The special dance number in the film faced some flak. Is it also because people have misinterpreted your post about not glorifying misogyny onscreen?
    I frankly think it?s partly that. I do not understand how a dance number with women wearing glamorous outfits goes against the whole ethos of what I said of not doing or saying something that demeans women. How do they club that with what happens in a dance bar in Mumbai? It would have been really odd if I staged ottamthullal in that setting.

Lucifer?s success must have made you more confident to attempt even bigger projects.
    I don?t think a director?s skill needs to be measured by how big a film is. Something like an Ee Ma Yau showcases a different directorial skill. It?s just that when a film is big, there are different modalities involved like humongous man management situations, and to be able to pull off the logistics in a film like Lucifer is quite a challenge. And that is not something that a director does by himself. The complete credit goes to my crew.
    brother days

Is it a relief to do a film like Brother?s Day next?
    It?s a huge relief because we laugh a lot on sets and there is none of the intense stuff like in Lucifer. My hope is that the audience too have a bit of the fun that we do while making it. Brother?s Day is not an out-and-out comedy roller coaster neither is it an all-out mass action film. But it?s got a bit of everything; it?s a fun entertainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Saathan View Post
    2 schedule kazhinju.... next year avum kazhiyan... athinte idakku few movies nte shoot kazhiyum... BD, DL etc
    Najeebinte skinny portions alle edukkendathu inni.athinulla preparations idaykku vere films shoot cheyan pattumo?

Eid Mubarak! 😊🤗❤️

12. Likes firecrown liked this post