Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Juventus fc

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    ADP was a great player, but for national team (Esp in WC) he was not part of starting 11 many times.
    He was the number 10 in WC 1998 and Euro 2000. He was in the starting eleven for majority of the games in WC 2002. He started all the games in Euro 2004. He played in 3 games out of 4 in Euro 2008, captaining the side. Not because of injury to anyone, but because Donadoni was forced to do so.
    That's a career spanning 10 years as an integral part of National Team, that too at a time when the likes of Baggio, Vieri, Totti, Montella, Cassano were all in the scene. Even Romario couldn't last that long.

I really don't get it how you came up with such a statement which holds no validity whatsoever.

In WC 2006, it was Lippi's plan to use him as a super sub. He changed the game against Germany. He played in almost all the games as an integral part, even taking the crucial 4th penalty and converting it.

As a supporting striker, he scored 27 goals for Italy, 4th all time best for Italy.

2. Likes Deewana liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by SrK.AjMaL.369 View Post
    Casillas okeyo appo..
    Behind Zoff only. Casillas is very much error prone during set pieces. You can see his lack of sense in position and error in making judgements if you watch La Liga regularly. He is a terrible organiser of defense. He maybe the best at present, but overall, Buffon and Zoff leads the line. Making superhuman saves is NOT the most important criteria for being a good GK. Infact, you are forced to make them because you are out of position most of the times.

4. Likes Iam RMU liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by egregious View Post
    Behind Zoff only. Casillas is very much error prone during set pieces. You can see his lack of sense in position and error in making judgements if you watch La Liga regularly. He is a terrible organiser of defense. He maybe the best at present, but overall, Buffon and Zoff leads the line. Making superhuman saves is NOT the most important criteria for being a good GK. Infact, you are forced to make them because you are out of position most of the times.
    he has many clean sheets on his name na recently?..KO stage il Spain nu vendi kalikumpo oru goal vazhangiyittu kure naal ayalo in WC & Euro..
    The Man Who Never Stops To Amaze Me - MAMMOOTTY !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deewana View Post
    Casillas okeyo appo..
    The greatest Goal keeper ever Buffon aanennonnum parayan pattilla..Buffon had made so many mistakes in his career and 2008-2010 he was average at his best .Even Casillas is error prone..
    There are so many goal keepers who can be considered above Buffon or Casillas

1. Peter Schmichel
    2. Renet Dassayev
    3. Lev Yashin.
    4. Jean Pieri Pfaf
    5. Josph antoine Bell and N'Kono of Cameroon
    6.Oliver kAHN
    7. Chilavert
    8. Sepp mayer
    9. Gordon Banks.
    10. Antony Zubisuretta
    11. Tony Schumacher..

They were all hailed as the best goal keepers of all time during their career...My Personal favourites are Peter Schmichel and Dassayev ..

Germany and Russia traditionaly produces great goal keepers..German Goal keeping coaching is considered as the best ..no wonder they produce so many wonderfull goalkeepers.
    from Brazil and Argentina...I think probably Pumpido and Taffarel were the best they have produced....and the Penalty saver Goicochea..

7. Likes Giggs liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by nettooran View Post
    The greatest Goal keeper ever Buffon aanennonnum parayan pattilla..Buffon had made so many mistakes in his career and 2008-2010 he was average at his best .Even Casillas is error prone..

1. Peter Schmichel
    2. Renet Dassayev
    3. Lev Yashin.
    4. Jean Pieri Pfaf
    6.Oliver kAHN
    7. Chilavert
    8. Sepp mayer
    9. Gordon Banks.
    10. Antony Zubisuretta
    11. Tony Schumacher..

They were all hailed as the best goal keepers of all time during their career...My Personal favourites are Peter Schmichel and Dassayev ..

Germany and Russia traditionaly produces great goal keepers..German Goal keeping coaching is considered as the best ..no wonder they produce so many wonderfull goalkeepers.
    from Brazil and Argentina...I think probably Pumpido and Taffarel were the best they have produced....and the Penalty saver Goicochea..
    Schmichel

Pumpido
    Goicochea

Quote Originally Posted by nettooran View Post

1. Peter Schmichel
    2. Renet Dassayev
    3. Lev Yashin.
    4. Jean Pieri Pfaf
    6.Oliver kAHN
    7. Chilavert
    8. Sepp mayer
    9. Gordon Banks.
    10. Antony Zubisuretta
    11. Tony Schumacher..

Putting Schmeichel as no.1 alone proves that you are ignorant in this matter. And it's not even worth refuting the rest (except Yashin)

10. Likes Iam RMU liked this post

IFFHS Greatest Goalkeepers of the last quarter of the century.

Code:
    http://www.iffhs.de/?388d85ff8b00388f05f4cbc0385fdcdc3bfcdc0aec70aeedb88419
    1. Buffon
    2. Casillas
    3. Van der Sar
    4. Schmeichel
    5. Kahn
    --------------

Funny that both Kahn and Schmeichel, both of whom according to you is better than both Buffon and Gigi, can't even make it into top 3 of the GKs of last quarter of the century.

The very fact that you think expert penalty stoppers are great goalkeepers indeed proves that you are totally oblivious to rating a goal keeper. There may be better penalty stoppers than either of Buffon or Casillas in India. It means NOTHING.

IFFHS Greatest Goalkeepers of the last quarter of the century.

Code:
    http://www.iffhs.de/?388d85ff8b00388f05f4cbc0385fdcdc3bfcdc0aec70aeedb88419
    1. Buffon
    2. Casillas
    3. Van der Sar
    4. Schmeichel
    5. Kahn
    --------------

Funny that both Kahn and Schmeichel, both of whom according to you is better than both Buffon and Gigi, can't even make it into top 3 of the GKs of last quarter of the century.

The very fact that you think expert penalty stoppers are great goalkeepers indeed proves that you are totally oblivious to rating a goal keeper. There may be better penalty stoppers than either of Buffon or Casillas in India. It means NOTHING.
    Buffon and Casillas are the falvours of the decade at best...
    I rate Peter Schmeichel and Renet Dassayev above them...
    I never said expert penalty savers are the best Goal keepers..Read my sentence carefully about Goicochea...He is not in my best goalkeeper list either.. You being a Buffon fan doesn't make him teh best goal keeper ever..He has to earn it..
    And my list it's not a chronological order ..I just gave the names of some of the greatest goal keepers who are better or on par with Buffon or Casillas...
    Last edited by nettooran; 07-24-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Putting Schmeichel as no.1 alone proves that you are ignorant in this matter. And it's not even worth refuting the rest (except Yashin)
    My list is list of greatest goalkeepers who are better or equal to Buffon or Casillas...It's not a chronological order..
    My favourite is Peter Schmeichel and Dassayev..that's it.

May be I am IGNORANT...