Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: K n C review…….Nostalgic swan song

Default K n C review…….Nostalgic swan song

It may sound odd to talk about nostalgia after watching an action movie…that 2 from the makers of loud entertainers of yore…But the latest and badly needed association of Shaji and Renji brought in my mind some thoughts unconnected to the proceedings in the film…the college days. the friends…..waiting for the release of the extravaganza called the KING…criss crossing the roads between Kollam Pranavam and Kumar theatres for getting a ticket among the biggest crowd I have seen in my life as a film viewer…at last getting a ticket in the front row in Pranavam..with a curved neck and burning eyes ,I saw the birth of an icon called Joseph Alex Thevalliparambil…have not felt something called mass hysteria till then…even after getting out of the crowd, I could not help listening to the echoes in my mind…the dialogues hot like volcanic lava……….

Watched the new avatar of Joseph Alex at Kapithans which is outside the city limits, after seeing the rush at Kollam Dhanya and due to the persuasion of a close friend who lives near Kapithans theatre…gud crowd being the third day of release…

Not elaborating the theme after a great number of reviews here. Only sharing some random thoughts…
    (i) Great job by ikka keeping the fire in Joseph intact…superb voice modulation and impeccable delivery of dialogues…..gud work by SG too..their bitter-sweet chemistry was terrific..
    (ii) Decent direction by Shaji after a long time..
    (iii) Renji has written some stirring dialogues…actually situations
    are created for giving a mouthful by the heroes..
    My personal pick…….”Fatehpur sikriyile kabaristanil ubaidinte makan amjad oru nullu mannu veezthunnathinu mumpu ninte kannukal yamuna nadiyile meenukal kothi vizhungiyirikkum…”
    Also the dialogue about present day India to the PM…
    (vi) Saikumar was outshown by another villain...jayan..who was terrific with his body language and dialogues as the iron man bureaucrat…but he got limited scenes…
    (iv) While watching it , I felt Renji and Shaji has done their maximum to make such a dialogue oriented film in the present
    scenario of new age Malayalam movies. and it may be the swan song of the combination and last film of its genre…without any pretensions, they have made a film of vintage fire, which was familiar in the 1990s……
    I saw many scathing attacks on the film in many reviews here……but personally I was satisfied after watching the movie….got what I expected from it…..that is some terrific dialogues….the change of domain to Delhi may have made it difficult for the audience to identify themselves with the characters…(unlike the King which has familiar background of Antony-Karunakaran shadow fighting)…

Move over Critics and new age movie lovers....or be engulfed in the wild roars in the corridors of power from this terrific duo...

Walk over Hit..........

Mammootty can be likened to the purest breed of Red Oak trees- he shall still stand upright, rooted in deep and exposing his ornamental bark in all its glory and charisma.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

good one...Macha..!

thanks jishnu

thanks bro,bhat...
    Mammootty can be likened to the purest breed of Red Oak trees- he shall still stand upright, rooted in deep and exposing his ornamental bark in all its glory and charisma.

Thanks jishnu.....

thanks macha..

Thanks jishnu......

welcome don,sulaiman,us........

bhai..
    The Man Who Never Stops To Amaze Me - MAMMOOTTY !!!

Quote Originally Posted by SrK.AjMaL.369 View Post
    bhai..
    thanks ajmal...padam kandittu review idathe entha?
    thats not gud boy...