Page 13 of 493 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: SANDALWOOD (Kannada)

Quote Originally Posted by veecee View Post
    upendra's hollywood movie
    movies name s Hollywood..a sc-fi movie written by Upendra..it ws about an Android robot ..an Australian actress ws heroine in tat movie...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kzC6NQA0Es]Hollywood - Full Length Telugu Movie - Upendra - Felicity Mayson - 02 - YouTube[/ame]

the Telugu version...
    I steal from every movie ever made.
    Quentin Tarantino

YUP UPPI is surely god f creativity...but he s only confined to kannad industry wich is very very smalll...unlucky....!

Quote Originally Posted by POKIRI View Post
    YUP UPPI is surely god f creativity...but he s only confined to kannad indusytr wich is very very smalll...unlucky....!
    his Upendra and A r very very big hits in Telugu..m living in hyderabad and i personally met mAny hard core Upendra fans here..being in the small market he earned pretty good name...and regarding smaller market,ter r many many reasons for tat,mainly cultural differences..Karnataka is the only state in India where 4 different officials languages r ter Kannada(atleast 5 types),Konkani,Tulu,and Coorgi and not to mention Mallus in Mangalore area,Telugus in Andhra border ,Tamils(even Srilankan tamils)..so even if Mani Rathnam(his first movies ws in Kannada and it ws a flop and also still many dosnt know tat Mani rathnam made a movie in Kannada) makes a movie,it wont change the fortunes...Karnataka itself s very very complicated state...in manglore,Shimoga,Uttara Kannada area people hardly watch movies(irrespective of language,and Kannada film loses a major market ter)..still Kannada films r earning pretty good...still tey r making movies with a budget of 7 to 10 crores..Anna Bond crossed 12crores(it s just a commercial film)...and many movies r doing a business of 20 to 30 crores withing Karnataka(very few movies release outside India and Karnataka)...Still 1 Kannda tamil bilingual movie released in 4 languages on same day.(charulatha)..A new historic movie s being made with 30 crore budget...still lot of good films r coming ter and every year atleast 2 Kannada movies r winning National Awarsa.but when tey cant make a good business in core market,its pretty difficult to take risks to expand market..still a great achievement....
    Last edited by kumar; 09-24-2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: info
    Quentin Tarantino

i didn't know kannada industry is 4th in number of films censored per year...i thougt malayalam was 4th...saw on this site: Film Federation Of India
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by firecrown View Post
    i didn't know kannada industry is 4th in number of films censored per year...i thougt malayalam was 4th...saw on this site: Film Federation Of India
    there are so many actors n comm directors over here against a few in malayalam...so obviosly it will be...

Quote Originally Posted by kumar View Post
    his Upendra and A r very very big hits in Telugu..m living in hyderabad and i personally met mAny hard core Upendra fans here..being in the small market he earned pretty good name...and regarding smaller market,ter r many many reasons for tat,mainly cultural differences..Karnataka is the only state in India where 4 different officials languages r ter Kannada(atleast 5 types),Konkani,Tulu,and Coorgi and not to mention Mallus in Mangalore area,Telugus in Andhra border ,Tamils(even Srilankan tamils)..so even if Mani Rathnam(his first movies ws in Kannada and it ws a flop and also still many dosnt know tat Mani rathnam made a movie in Kannada) makes a movie,it wont change the fortunes...Karnataka itself s very very complicated state...in manglore,Shimoga,Uttara Kannada area people hardly watch movies(irrespective of language,and Kannada film loses a major market ter)..still Kannada films r earning pretty good...still tey r making movies with a budget of 7 to 10 crores..Anna Bond crossed 12crores(it s just a commercial film)...and many movies r doing a business of 20 to 30 crores withing Karnataka(very few movies release outside India and Karnataka)...Still 1 Kannda tamil bilingual movie released in 4 languages on same day.(charulatha)..A new historic movie s being made with 30 crore budget...still lot of good films r coming ter and every year atleast 2 Kannada movies r winning National Awarsa.but when tey cant make a good business in core market,its pretty difficult to take risks to expand market..still a great achievement....
    thtaz 4 sure bro...but even now many kannada guyz r reluctant to watch kannada muviz...diz isnt d situation of other small industries like diz...even malayali audience arent like diz...

first of all their attitude 2wdz their own industry shud change...

UPIs KALPANA (Remake of kanchana) gettin gud reports...

9. Likes kumar liked this post

The less collection is because kannada films dont have a major market outside the state. The number of films that get dubbed to other languages is also very less from kannada.The other languages films like telugu and tamil have audience from other than their own state like Kerala.
    HEROES NEVER CHOOSE DESTINY DESTINY CHOOSES THEM

11. Likes kumar liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by STRANGER View Post
    The less collection is because kannada films dont have a major market outside the state. The number of films that get dubbed to other languages is also very less from kannada.The other languages films like telugu and tamil have audience from other than their own state like Kerala.
    tats mainly coz nobody tried to market the movie properly but now i thnk tey r waking up..a BB film usually collects pretty good,more than 20crore s often seen nowadays...especially after 2005 industry s slowly recovering,atleast 3 to 4 bilingual or trilingual movies r ready to release but it ll never be as good as 70s and 80s,the golden period of Kannada Cinema...2 yrs back i read a article written by K Balachander abt Puttanna Kanagal's films and how he got inspired from his movies..now ter s no director like tat..
    Last edited by kumar; 09-30-2012 at 07:02 PM.
    Quentin Tarantino