Page 4 of 492 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: SANDALWOOD (Kannada)

ee thread ippolla kandathu...

Quote Originally Posted by Sameer View Post
    ival ano ithra veliya charakku

Quote Originally Posted by kannan View Post
    Yess . .

Orittu Hittinaayulla Daaham Kannadayil poyi theerthu . . .

Ibide ellaaam pottuvalle

evidae engenae theerthu ennane mashae 2nd weekil only 2 shows.....

4. Likes KHILADI liked this post

‘My films have done well without A-listers’

… says Ramya in response to rumours that Sandalwood’s elite don’t want to work with her

When actor Ramya heard that her upcoming film, Sandalwood’s first 3D film, Katari Veera Surasundarangi, is to release along with a Puneet Rajkumar flick, her first reaction was “the more the merrier.” This is also why she fails to understand the fuss that is being made about both films hitting theatres on the same day. “We make films to entertain audiences and I believe that having two big films release on the same day is a treat for them. Puneet’s film looks like an action flick, while mine is a comedy. A lot of money and hard work have gone into making Katari… and it wouldn’t be fair to stall its release,” says Ramya. The actor is also irked that in an industry that is always accused of not trying to do anything different or s p e n d i n g e n o u g h money, a film that has attempted to do both is being pulled into cont rove r s y. “The team of Katari has tried to d o something that’s not been done before. We’ve shot the film in 3D and 2D and the graphics are at par with what’s been seen in Hollywood flicks. The audience has a choice and they will watch what they want,” she adds.
    Her upcoming release and her duties as ambassador of the Bangalore IPL team apart, Ramya is a bit of a free bird now. “I was to work on the sequel to Johny Mera Naam, but director Preetham Gubbi is working on another project right now, so we’re waiting for him,” says Ramya.
    Yet at the same time, the buzz is that she walked out of Roopa Iyer’s new film. “I had agreed to do a film for her, but that was before I had heard the script. After I heard the story, though, I wasn’t impressed. Moreover, Roopa wanted to make the film in Kannada and Tamil. I know that I can take a chance in Kannada, but not in Tamil cinema, where I am still trying to make inroads. So I decided not to do the film," explains Ramya.
    Her slow pace of work has also been attributed to the fact that Sandalwood’s A-list heroes prefer to work with newbies or heroines from other industries, instead of Ramya, who has been around for a decade. This, say those in the know, is also why the actor has been working with the industry’s second rung of heroes like Yash, Yogi, Chiranjeevi Sarja and Kitty. “I don’t think that is true. In fact, I might soon be working with two A-list heroes. When producers approach me for a film, I don’t really care about who my co-star is. What matters to me is my role and what I can do. My films have done well without A-listers,” she signs off.

Dashamukha movie is nothing but the rehash of 12 Angry Men ...

PRIYA MANI: TAKE TWO

The actor will essay her most difficult role yet, when she plays a set of conjoined twins in her upcoming Kannada film Charulatha

At a time when women-centric films are still few and far between, Priya Mani seems to have struck gold. Not only is her upcoming Kannada film Charulatha about her, it also sees her play two roles. “I have two characters in the film as I play a set of conjoined twins. It’s very exciting for me, as I have not done a double role before. Each of the girls is very different from the other. One’s a tomboy, while the other is very innocent, sweet and girlish,” says Priya, who’s already shot for about 10 days for the film.
    And playing conjoined twins hasn’t been a cakewalk. “It is a bit of a task, having to shoot the same scene twice in the same setting. I would do a take, then go and change into the other character and shoot it again. I would have to get the body language and the character traits right each time. It has not been easy, but the filmmakers have been
    going out of their way to ensure
    that all my scenes are shot in
    quick succession,” adds Priya.
    In the film, the actor’s characters are joined at the abdomen, along one side. Tell her that it is reminiscent of the Matt Damon-Greg Kinnear starrer Stuck on You and Priya says that Charulatha is not a copy. “I have not seen Stuck on You, but I can assure you that our film has an original storyline,” she asserts. But will audiences here warm up to such a character and not consider it a freak show? “I hope that this kind of cinema works. This is a new concept for the audience. They may not have seen conjoined twins onscreen, but I am sure everyone, even in B and C centres, has heard or read about such people. I am sure they would be interested in seeing what the life of conjoined twins is like and what they go through every day. What we are showing is obviously fiction — there is romance and a lot of drama too — and I hope it appeals to audiences,” says Priya, who will be seen with newbie Skanda Ashok in the film.
    The actor is not working on any other film other than this project. “I have just completed my film with Puneeth Rajkumar and still have work pending on Lakshmi with Shivarajkumar. In between, I did a Malayalam film with Mohanlal that is ready for release. Shooting for these films, and the promotional activities are keeping me busy. Once I am done with all this, I will start work on my Bollywood projects. I have signed a two-film deal with a production house, the first of which is a comedy opposite Ritiesh Deshmukh. So I am not short on work,” she says. But the fact remains that Priya hasn’t had a film in Kollywood or Tollywood in a long time. In Malayalam too, she hasn’t signed anything new and after a slew of Kannada films, projects seems to have slowed down here too. “As I have always maintained, I am not out of work. The offers continue to come every day. I agree that it has been a long while since I last did a Tamil film, but then I haven’t got great offers that have excited me,” she says.
    Does that mean that filmmakers are not taking note of her talent and offering her sub-standard projects? “I wouldn’t say that. But then, I can’t go to filmmakers and tell them to cast me in their films. As for the ones coming to me, they have to think of what they can offer me as an artist. I have no control over the roles that are offered to me,” she signs off.